Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Love is a Fickle Matter

Questions & Answers

a part of “Love is a Fickle Matter”, a fictional universe by Kura Ravengade.

For these six teenagers, their relationships are far from normal.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Love is a Fickle Matter”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Questions & Answers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kura Ravengade on Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:28 pm

Again, please post questions in this forum for the sake of organization.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kura Ravengade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Giver

Re: Questions & Answers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ville.Sunfall on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:06 pm

My question is, how do they all know eachother?

From school, college....ect??

Are they all friends or do they just know eachother from some place??

o.o sorry I had to ask this, it's been bugging me to ask Lol
And despite it all, he still died with a smile on his face.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ville.Sunfall
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kura Ravengade on Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:04 pm

I separated this into two parts. The first part has the character described by role number. The second uses their names. Whichever one is more understandable to you is the one you should stick with reading :3

If anything doesn't make sense, let me know so that I can explain it better.

The Basics

Female #2 knows Male #2 due to her seeking out a tutor, and one of her friends is related to him (Female #1, who is Male #2's cousin), and recommended him as a teacher.

Male #1 and Female #1 are siblings.

Male #3 and Female #3 know each other through mutual friends.

Now let me make this part as simple as possible. I'll split this explanation into three sections - How the guys know each other, how the girls know each other, and then how the guys and girls know each other.

The guys

Male #1 knows Male #2 due to the fact that they are cousins and went to the same high school and were in the same grade. Male #1 picked on Male #2 for their entire high school career because he found him to be a nerd. Once they got into college, though, they buried the hatchets and get along just fine now (unless the roleplayers who play those characters want them to butt heads still, which is A-okay with me, since this is just an outline)

Male #1 knows Male #3 because Male #3 has been friends with Female #1 since they were young, after he left his home. They haven't been super close, but close enough that they hung out a couple of times together, normally with other people around. Due to Male #1's protective nature of his little sister, he's kept a close eye on Male #3, since he's heard rumors of how dangerous he is.

Male #2 and Male #3 do not know each other.

Now for the girls

Female #1 knows Female #2 because they were in the same class and grade all the way up until high school. When Female #1 hit high school, she skipped her Freshman year, and then ended up skipping her Junior year too due to her grade and intelligence when it came to academics. Female #1 and Female #2 remained good friends despite this, and Female #1 always tried to help her with her schoolwork - obviously to no avail. She introduced Female #2 to Male #2 in an effort to help her with her classes.

Female #1 knows Female #3 for similar reasons of her knowing Female #2 - they were in the grade and class up until high school. They weren't close friends, though. She also knows her because Female #3 is best friends with Female #1's cousin, Male #2. They're friends, but not best. They talk but it isn't a big habit for them to hang out together.

Female #2 knows Female #3 because they've been in the same grade and class from elementary through all of high school. They've also been kind of forced together because of their connections with Female #1 and Male #2, but they aren't super close.

Combination of the boys and girls

Male #1 knows Female #1 due to them being siblings.

Male #1 knows Female #2 due to the fact that she's being tutored by his cousin, Male #2, and her being close friends with his sister, Female #1 - but they aren't close. They just know each other, but they don't really speak.

Male #1 doesn't know Female #3.

Male #2 knows Female #1 because they're cousins and they've always been pretty close.

Male #2 knows Female #2 because his cousin, Female #1, asked him to tutor her in her schoolwork.

Male #2 does not know Female #3.

Male #3 knows Female #1 because when he first moved to the small town nearest to the Red District, he happened to walk upon her being robbed by a couple of muggers near the bar that he was taken in at. He defended her and managed to protect her. They've been friends ever since. They aren't best friends, but they're close enough that they hang out frequently.

Male #3 only briefly met Female #2 because of Female #1, but only remembers her face and name, not who she is.

Male #3 knows Female #3 because both of them are friends with Female #1.

The Basics

Kai knows Jou due to her seeking out a tutor, and one of her friends is related to him (Avazona, who is Jou's cousin), and recommended him as a teacher.

Male #1 and Avazona are siblings.

Zero and Eurydice know each other through mutual friends.

Now let me make this part as simple as possible. I'll split this explanation into three sections - How the guys know each other, how the girls know each other, and then how the guys and girls know each other.

The guys

Male #1 knows Jou due to the fact that they are cousins and went to the same high school and were in the same grade. Male #1 picked on Jou for their entire high school career because he found him to be a nerd. Once they got into college, though, they buried the hatchets and get along just fine now (unless the roleplayers who play those characters want them to butt heads still, which is A-okay with me, since this is just an outline)

Male #1 knows Zero because Zero has been friends with Avazona since they were young, after he left his home. They haven't been super close, but close enough that they hung out a couple of times together, normally with other people around. Due to Male #1's protective nature of his little sister, he's kept a close eye on Zero, since he's heard rumors of how dangerous he is.

Jou and Zero do not know each other.

Now for the girls

Avazona knows Kai because they were in the same class and grade all the way up until high school. When Avazona hit high school, she skipped her Freshman year, and then ended up skipping her Junior year too due to her grade and intelligence when it came to academics. Avazona and Kai remained good friends despite this, and Avazona always tried to help her with her schoolwork - obviously to no avail. She introduced Kai to Jou in an effort to help her with her classes.

Avazona knows Eurydice for similar reasons of her knowing Kai - they were in the grade and class up until high school. They weren't close friends, though. She also knows her because Eurydice is best friends with Avazona's cousin, Jou. They're friends, but not best. They talk but it isn't a big habit for them to hang out together.

Kai knows Eurydice because they've been in the same grade and class from elementary through all of high school. They've also been kind of forced together because of their connections with Avazona and Jou, but they aren't super close.

Combination of the boys and girls

Male #1 knows Avazona due to them being siblings.

Male #1 knows Kai due to the fact that she's being tutored by his cousin, Jou, and her being close friends with his sister, Avazona - but they aren't close. They just know each other, but they don't really speak.

Male #1 doesn't know Eurydice.

Jou knows Avazona because they're cousins and they've always been pretty close.

Jou knows Kai because his cousin, Avazona, asked him to tutor her in her schoolwork.

Jou and Eurydice have been best friends since they were little due to family friends.

Zero knows Avazona because when he first moved to the small town nearest to the Red District, he happened to walk upon her being robbed by a couple of muggers near the bar that he was taken in at. He defended her and managed to protect her. They've been friends ever since. They aren't best friends, but they're close enough that they hang out frequently.

Zero only briefly met Kai because of Avazona, but only remembers her face and name, not who she is.

Zero knows Eurydice because both of them are friends with Avazona.

Kura Ravengade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:07 pm

Kura Ravengade wrote:words

This was very helpful, it shed some light on stuff I didn't know about regarding my character knowing and being related to Male #1 and Female #1. Though I had a few additional questions regarding it.

Is Male #2 related to Male #1's father or mother? Because it would slightly effect Male #2's relation to Female#1. If there's no preference I would probably have Male #1's mother be the sister of Male #2's father. Though it would be good to hear input from you and Yato about it since it effects both your characters.

I was under the assumption from the introduction that Male #2 and Female #3 were "best friends". Is that not the case?

------

Jou's character sheet is probably going to change a bit with this new information and depending on the answers to some questions so I'll probably give you a shout in a PM give it a quick look over when I finish ironing it out. Just a heads up.

------

Would anyone be interested in a relation's chart graphic? Because I may end up making one.

MaxStokes
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yato on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:23 pm

I'm gonna leave this one up to Kura, Max. It is her RP, I'm just the bro.

Yato
Member for 10 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kura Ravengade on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:30 pm

AWWWW YATO I LOVE YOU BRO <3

Actually, Max, I was going to make a Relationships Thread as soon as I had the first post up - which I just finished.

I put in the Combination part that Jou and Eurydice are best friends (Eurydice is Female #3).

I don't mind which parent he's related to - but keep in mind that if their mother was related with Jou's parents, than technically Avazona wouldn't be cousins with him, since she was born the illegitimate daughter to their father. So unless Jou would overlook that and still think of her as his baby cousin, I would go with their father being his relation. But I'll leave that decision up to you. I don't want to try and run everyone's characters - I just wanted to get an outline on the characters out there for everyone. :)

SPIDERWOMAN - OUT!

Kura Ravengade
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ville.Sunfall on Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:58 pm

Awesome that helped alot.

Ville.Sunfall
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!