Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Glamour: From Ashes to Wine

Questions & Answers

a part of “Glamour: From Ashes to Wine”, a fictional universe by H3R0.

A modern-fantasy. Check inside for information.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Glamour: From Ashes to Wine”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Questions & Answers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby H3R0 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:35 pm

Here is where anyone can ask me questions about the roleplay, the world, characters, mythology, plot or anything in general concerning the RP! I enjoy getting questions and world building, so don't hesitate to ask if you have anything on your mind.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

H3R0
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Questions & Answers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:25 am

Time to actually use this!

Question 1: Where is this set? Seeing as the vast majority of Fae are either Anglo-Saxon, Scandinavian, or Gaelic in nature, would we be in some part of Europe? North America for familiarity?

Question 2: What's the date? Not year, as that was made clear in the plot, but rather what season? Are we basing this on right now, waiting for the leaves to turn?

Question 3: How would you prefer we handle conversations between characters? I ask this because while 400 word posts are usually the better way to present a scene, once that scene is presented it can quickly run dry. Plus, one thing that can't be ignored, character interactions always seem to suffer because of one simple fact: people do indeed give 1-word answers. Yes, you can describe your thoughts, body language, expression, etc etc, but how much can you really add when the only word leaving your character's mouth is "yes"? Sure, I suppose you can describe the scene, but too much of that and it feels like you've temporarily developed hyper-awareness. At that point you may as well start your post with "This mustn't register on an emotional level".
"Yes, I'm crazy, and I should hope you are, too. Honestly, it's all these damn "sane" people that scare me....."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby H3R0 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:36 pm

Answer 1: AH! I'm glad someone asked! If nobody did, I was just going to mention it around the start of the RP. Anyway, the roleplay will take place predominately in the Americas, just because it would be easier to have everyone grouped together, especially since the humans can't travel about as easily as most of the fae. With that said, in case it wasn't already implied, it would be good for both human characters to live in the same general area. (Same town, I mean. This is usually implied in roleplays already, so just in case it wasn't obvious.)

Answer 2: Hmmm. I hadn't considered it honestly. If we went along with my original "first plot" idea, it would be the end of summer, at the start of the school season, but I've scrapped that idea to use for a later time since seeing the characters. I suppose fall would be a good time to start, since with winter brings fun, but also extra complications, so fall would lead up to that. So, yeah, the season of fall.

Answer 3: To be entirely honest, I've never in my years had any issue with characters interacting or speaking with each other, so I hope I answer this to your liking ;;;; I think as long as your character responds to whoever they're speaking with appropriately as a normal person would, and doesn't just up and dismiss them or ignore them (unless the situation calls for it or the character chooses to, of course), conversations and interaction should be just fine. Everyone should make an equal effort to interact with each other properly, and I don't have any doubts that those of us here know how to do that.

H3R0
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:11 pm

Well, that answers all except the conversation one. It's not really a matter of proper response, in fact that's half the problem. People banter, bicker, cut each other off, or join in on a thought. It's fast, fluid, and frankly just human. Answering a question with yes or no isn't often dismissive, it's just a natural response. Especially if it honestly is a yes or no question. Plus interactions go beyond verbal. Physical interactions can be difficult as well, which is why I've seen a lot of RP's use those group word-pad things. But I've made due before, so everything should be alright on my end.

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:51 pm

First post is in! Still a little confused on the setting, not quite sure where we are exactly. Gonna assume it's X City until told otherwise. Nice pilot plot, though a bit of a wind up into the action would have been nice. Ummm.... Also fighting a little bit of a personal tick concerning this Kuchisake-onna character, but I'll manage.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!