Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

RWBY: Grimm Awakening

Team BITA Private Conversations

a part of “RWBY: Grimm Awakening”, a fictional universe by Calyx_Mason.

The Grimm have risen up and are trying to destroy everything.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “RWBY: Grimm Awakening”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Team BITA Private Conversations

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calyx_Mason on Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:30 pm

A place for the team BITA to hash out the interpersonal team set up and such

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Calyx_Mason
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Team BITA Private Conversations

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby afreerobin on Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:49 pm

Greetings and salutations fellow members of BITA! How are ya'll?
Remember, bad times are just times that are bad.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

afreerobin
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:51 pm

Well guys, here's Tyrus' pertinent info aside from being careless to the point of borderline recklessness of course.

Tyrus' mind is very combat/hunt oriented, so he's rather slow on the uptake of other things assuming he's not entirely uninterested. One of the ways this manifests is him being HORRIBLE with names, short of physically beating your name into his skull with what he'd call a "good fight". You can expect him to have taken a ludicrous amount of time to get names right. It wouldn't be wrong to call him an idiot since he's also horrible with academia, preferring to nap than go to class.

His fighting style is open on using his entire body (and anything in reach) as a weapon. But his strikes are more meant for him to get in and grapple...much like a live lion's hunt being a take down and pummel approach. He's not at all shy to take a blow or hurt himself to get at his opponent.

In civilization, he's got less than zero sense of direction- the whole city thing just overwhelms his natural form of navigation. But on the other hand he's perfectly fine out in the wilderness.

His biggest pet peeve: the idea of hunters can be made,taught or trained. He grew up learning hunters were born and he sticks to it. Expect ego of how "this isn't real hunting and [person] isn't a real hunter" if it comes up.

Also I'm doing great Robin, how about yourself?

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby afreerobin on Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:08 pm

I'm perfectly swell! Tyrus looks very interesting. Shall we perhaps make one of those how your character feels about other characters thing?

afreerobin
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:26 pm

hahah thanks, his 'simplicity' does have something of a charm to it. that'd be an interesting idea, I mostly just did that info dump so there's a more "everyday" image of him for people who wanted to do that.

Nekohina
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calyx_Mason on Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:23 pm

Number one thing, since the teams have been together for four years, they are used to, able to work well with, and understand each other so the whole loose cannon macho man deal (Tyrus) has most likely been worked on in some ways, either by treating him like the Hulk, and directing him at the enemy or he actually listens in hos own unique way and everyone deals with it.

So, Bron is leader, Indie is Team mom, Tyrus is the team wild man, and Arain is the team slacker, which actually works out well, I've lived in that set up.

We need to figure out who is the Scout of the team, though.

Calyx_Mason
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:39 pm

I would recommend having a Faunus as a Scout, since most have night vision. I'd probably say Indie would make the best Scout, since she can fly. Wait she can fly right? I know she has wings, so I just assumed she can fly.

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby afreerobin on Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:45 pm

I would say she can fly. Sun can hang from his tail so why not fly if you have wings? But sure Indie wouldn't mind being a scout.

afreerobin
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:46 pm

Oh I will be far more mellow than this in actual play to account for time. I just put up Tyrus in his most raw state since that's what they would have met and been the basis of first impressions...essentially him at his worst.

So despite all that I wrote, it'd be more a *peeve mentioned* *tyrus frowns* since its something they've hashed out before (along with most other situations he'd otherwise run wild on). Obviously he knows his teammates name now, but giving them that knowledge lets them pick how long such things took to happen.

Like you can expect him to for the most part act normal and be the wild man. But that initial dose I posted will occasionally pop up as something of a "tyrusism". Something to indicate that despite he's learned and gotten reasonably civilized...that same savage is down there somewhere.

As for Team Scout, I think our team has enough flexibility for it shift based on the level of apparent danger with the level of finesse the situation seems to require.

Nekohina
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calyx_Mason on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:19 pm

You realise that Arian and Tyrus would have been partners during the initiation thing. The arguments and fighting would that ensued was probably hilarious.

Calyx_Mason
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:37 pm

Oh yeah, that's what I was expecting. Arian and Tyrus I'm expecting to have that "written enemy but read as friend" type of relationship." For no other reason that cats and dogs...Indie on the other hand, I know raw Tyrus wouldn't know what to make of her.

Cuz it's a whole "she's small and weak looking" but as the "mom" she probably got either the most or some of the most raw Tyrus exposure. Im fairly certain it's at least safe to assume she's the source of his "good" habits.

Bron is rather hard to get a read on from Tyrus-land. Cuz raw Tyrus isn't the whole "no, I'm in charge" type of independent so much as the "you do your thing, I do mine" type. But they've a common interest in fighting, and Bron's agility and brains are something he can respect.

So using your examples before I guess he "listens in his own way" but when it comes down to flat out life or death it's closer to Hulk.

Hahah hot damn, no sooner than I take the trip to Tyrus-land for a unilateral view and here's Robin already dropping a template for proper cooperation.

Nekohina
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby afreerobin on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:55 pm

What can I say? I'm awesome!

But Indie would most definitely not approve of raw Tyrus and his habbits. She the sort to use kind words when mad. She'd do things like use pet names on him while thunder crackles in the background and has the evil glint in her eye. And she can handle him at his worst for the most part as she sees the good before the bad.

But yeah don't make Indie mad or you'd better run for the hills.

afreerobin
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:21 pm

I kind of see Bron and Tyrus having a sort of friendly rivalry. Kind of something like Legolas and Gimli from Lord of the Rings. Well it just came to mind like how those two had competitions to see who could kill the most Orcs. Since they both like fighting, and Bron's a show off I could totally see them competing to see who can kill the most Grimms.
As for Indie I can kind of see him caring for her more like a little sister(who's older). While I'm sure he will get annoyed by her naivety given his more bleak out look on life. Kind of like Nora and Ren, except without the obvious romantic feelings, maybe.
And for Arian I'd say they have a budding friendship. As there both sarcastic I'm sure they will play off each other like that, and given that they both have some authority problems. While I'm sure they will butt-heads over Bron being in charge.
Last edited by CutUp on Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:23 pm

see he'd be unarmed there, the guy is the type better at talking with his body than words(imagine how many times she could call him a carnivore without him knowing what that meant). Though yeah, glad to know she's the type to see past things...she's probably more familiar with how Tyrus doesn't click with things. I mean she saw what grimm do and he essentially grew up in that scenario 24/7. At the very least he finds that level of danger as "normal" and life-or-death scenarios "fun" is enough to show anyone how warped his scale is compared to normal

Nekohina
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calyx_Mason on Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:00 pm

I'm glad we are working well

Calyx_Mason
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:28 pm

You know, I just noticed that Bron isn't only just the only human, but he's also the only range fighter on the team.

CutUp
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calyx_Mason on Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:32 pm

We really don't need more than one, using scrolls and comm systems and blah blah blah, you snipe and organize while we fight.

Calyx_Mason
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calyx_Mason on Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:14 pm

A Massive insect-type Grimm hives have been causing massive disruptions at the Mountain Glenn reconstruction site.

Calyx_Mason
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:43 am

Sounds like fun on a bun! So excited to get this started!

CutUp
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby afreerobin on Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:47 pm

Calyx_Mason wrote:You realise that Arian and Tyrus would have been partners during the initiation thing. The arguments and fighting would that ensued was probably hilarious.

Now I'm imagining that happening and Indie just drags them away by their ears.

afreerobin
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!