Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Far From Home

Far From Home

a part of “Far From Home”, a fictional universe by _wICKed_.

Three people wake up to find themselves in the mysterious land of Quies, a world looking straight from a story book. The three must work with the locals to try and find their way home. Their only hope? The River of Worlds.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Far From Home”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Far From Home

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby _wICKed_ on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:23 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Far From Home"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

_wICKed_
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Far From Home

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby afreerobin on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:27 pm

Greetings. Very interesting even with it not being completely done! May I reserve the One Who Means Well?

Let's see....I love so many books. I'd say The Horse and his Boy from The Chronicles Of Narnia. The Hobbit. Every Harry Potter book and the Warriors series by Erin Hunter.

Now least....well this is hard. I don't hate any book so far but let's go with 50 Shades of Grey. Haven't read it. Never will but from what I've heard it's horrible.

And so looking forward to the finished product. :)
Remember, bad times are just times that are bad.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

afreerobin
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ボクセルちゃん on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:38 pm

Whoop! Hello there! Just popping in to tell you that, even while the roleplay is not finished, I would like to reserve Dreamer #1. If we so happen to have a shortage of Roleplayers then I would like to double up as well!

My favorite books {Since I can not just list one} would be the entire Divergent series, the entire Havoc series, and so far the entire Legend series. I am also a fan of the Warrior series by Eric Hunter! I'm also enjoying the book Gone as of right now. I also like the entirety of the Deltora Quest series. As you can see I read many books (✿◠‿◠)

My least favorite book...well..so far I don't have one. Thankfully I've avoided bad books.
afreerobin wrote:Now least....well this is hard. I don't hate any book so far but let's go with 50 Shades of Grey. Haven't read it. Never will but from what I've heard it's horrible.

Actually, I've read the book..and I wouldn't say it's horrible..just...disturbing in many ways. It has some very erotic things.

Looking forward to the roleplay!

ボクセルちゃん
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby _wICKed_ on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:14 pm

Both spots will be reserved!

@afreerobin & ボクセルちゃん, I used to read the books by Erin Hunter like crazy! I stopped after Power of Three, though :/

And I don't really know when I'll be done editing, but I'm aiming for sometime tonight. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask.

_wICKed_
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby moahi on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:49 pm

Hi, can I reserve the liar? My favorite book, well, anything by ray Bradbury will do for me. My hated one hmm... I'd say twilight but I hate 50 shades of Grey more.

Photoshop edit no. one. Thanks so much Xera!

moahi
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheshire_Girl on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:57 pm

If I may, I would like to reserve the Pawn.

My favorite book would have to be The Imagineering Workout, not really a book, more like an exercise for the mind. If I have to go with a real book then I would say Twelfth Night or The Hobbit.

Least favorite character in my least favorite book is every character in Paper Towns. That book was awful, although it did capture the essence of living in Florida perfectly.

Finally I would like to use Jibril from No Game No Life as my FC. She might be a bit ridiculous looking, but you did say that there are imaginary creatures in this world.

Cheshire_Girl
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myfootlesscow9 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:00 pm

Hey! Could I snag the spot of the healer please?

Also for my favorite books, I don't read much, but the books I pick up are by Stephen King. I love his ideas, and his themes! I started reading "The Fire Starter" recently, and I'm loving it so far.

My least favorite books are any that don't have much of a plot, or that are fully involved with romance. Not my thing.

Myfootlesscow9
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby afreerobin on Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:05 pm

FC for me is Kaori Miyazono from Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. Look at this cutie.

afreerobin
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thestoryofhilly on Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:15 pm

ooc:
Hi there.
May I reserve a spot as a Dreamer? :)
My favorite books are To Kill A Mocking Bird, and The Last of the Really Great WangDoodles.
My least favorite books are 50 Shades of Gray, and Pride And Prejudice And Zombies.
Please and Thank you,
Hilly :)
-This is the Story of Hilly

thestoryofhilly
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby _wICKed_ on Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:48 pm

All reserved! So now there's just the Truth-Teller and Dreamer #3 to wait for I didn't think anyone would want to join this, tbh

Also! The CS is now up. If you have any problems with it feel free to add in or change a few things, but please keep the information that's there.

I'll be adding this to the main page as well, but reservations last 2 days.

_wICKed_
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby H3R0 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:06 pm

May I reserve Dreamer #3, pretty please? This definitely seems like a concept I can get behind. *edits* (had to go check out the book because I actually forgot their name and wanted to slip in my reserve- Sorry!!) Anyway, my least favorite character is probably this dude named Orc, from the Gone series by Michael Grant. He's this big, massive bully of a dude who ends up going through some trauma and becoming a born again Christian.

H3R0
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby _wICKed_ on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:14 pm

Reserved!

So that leaves only the Truth-Teller.

_wICKed_
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby moahi on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:38 am

Found my face claim...
Really I reserved it with him in mind. I submitted a WIP already, just in case, but yeah. The face claim is Shuuya Kano from Kagerou Project

moahi
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bittersweetsymphonia on Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:32 am

Hi. I was just wondering what the Truth-Teller would be doing plotwise, because I'm interested in taking their character.

Oh, I guess this could count as a reservation. My favourite books are the Graceling series, Night Angel Trilogy, Every Day, Realm of Possibility, Carrie, Leviathan series, and I'm currently reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and it's looking awesome.

bittersweetsymphonia
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby _wICKed_ on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:29 pm

@bittersweetsymphonia,

Aah that reminds me I was gonna change the role to Truth Seeker last night but didn't get to ;_; not that it makes much different plotwise but eh

My idea was that the character would be the one trying the hardest to figure out why the three Dreamers are in Quies and whatnot, and questioning why no one seems to care much that they've just showed up randomly. As with the other playable they'll be on the journey to the River of Worlds.

_wICKed_
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bittersweetsymphonia on Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:19 am

Hmm, I like that. May I reserve that role, please? I'll probably use Misuzu Kusakabe from 11eyes as the faceclaim.

bittersweetsymphonia
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myfootlesscow9 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:16 pm

HEY!! Sorry I will finish my character today I promise! I ran out of time the last few days! Sorry again!!

Myfootlesscow9
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby _wICKed_ on Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:58 pm

@bittersweetsymphonia, absolutely, thanks!!

I know that there's still a few people that need to get their characters in (three, I think? nope just one right now). I'm not going to be overly strict about it, but if at least a WIP of the character isn't sent in by tomorrow morning (like 10am PST) then chances are you won't be in the roleplay ;_; sorry

EDIT: Friendly reminder that the spots ARE NOT first come first serve. Anyone can try for a character that someone else may have already reserved.

_wICKed_
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby moahi on Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:22 am

So um, when are we starting?

moahi
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby _wICKed_ on Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:20 pm

Tomorrow!

I meant to start it earlier today, but the site was down so I was busy doing other things .-.

I'll be sending out PM's, but for those of you who still need to finish their characters, please try to do so by tonight.

_wICKed_
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!