Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Legend Hunters

Legend Hunters

a part of “Legend Hunters”, a fictional universe by Somnium Carceri.

A mix-match crew of people travel the world debunking urban legends. But some legends aren't as fake as they may think. Is it all real? Or is everything in their heads? (All spots reserved)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Legend Hunters”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Legend Hunters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Somnium Carceri on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:16 pm

Welcome.....

{The Story}

In the summer of 2015 a mixed group of college graduates decide to go urban legend busting across the world with a small camera crew for a series of TV specials to be broad casted on a small time network. It would be their first official job straight out of college. They went around debunking American urban legends like The Suscon Screamer and The Ghost of Stow Lake. Of course sometimes the legends were harder to track down than any of them thought and they only got a few good episodes out of the whole ordeal.

When each of them settled back into their respective lives none of them thought their small poorly made show would receive so much attention. Within the next year the show had garnered a large cult following. None of them really knew why until they went back to review a few episodes and found a very strange phenomenon in each episode. There was a strange shadowy figure that showed up in several shots of each episode. This shadow would have gone completely unnoticed if one wasn't looking close enough.

Soon enough pictures of the shadowy figure made its way all over the Internet and the show hit such high views it was placed on a larger more well known network. The former grads were tracked down and offered a deal that none of them at the time could really pass up - a high paying job to make another full length season of the show. This time however they wouldn't be restricted to just the American Urban Legends.

Reservations are to be done here. Please do not forget to read the rules :D
Last edited by Somnium Carceri on Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Which is the true nightmare, the horrific dream that you have in your sleep or the dissatisfied reality that awaits you when you awake?”

Justin Alcala

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Somnium Carceri
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Legend Hunters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ☿Urania☿ on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:21 pm

OOO! This looks awesome! :D I would like to reserve FC: Hayley Kiyoko and change it to Amber Liu ~(^~^)~

For the mini little description I haven't thought of one yet but I will Update this when I make one up that I feel is worthy Lol.

I don't have a favorite urban legend both in and out of creepypastas but The Jersey Devil legend and The Rake scared the crap out of me, definitely my top most terrifying if that counts :p

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

☿Urania☿
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Somnium Carceri on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:24 pm

Sure thing ^.^ don't worry about it the mini description can be added later.

Somnium Carceri
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby afreerobin on Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:58 pm

Ello! Can I please reserve her? I like Slender, The Rake and Jeff the Killer.

Chell is not what you'd expect from a camerawoman in a horror show. She jumps at the slightest sound and is very jittery. If it weren't for the fact she can't really do anything but hold a camera (not to mention she absolutely loves working them) and that this show was the only one to hire her she'd be long gone.

This still doesn't mean Chell doesn't like her bit of adventure. When there isn't murderous monsters around or the threat of ghosts she'd be the first to set off. She's a bit of a strange girl in that way but most can't help but like the perky yet dainty attitude she gives off.
Last edited by afreerobin on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember, bad times are just times that are bad.

afreerobin
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Somnium Carceri on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:03 pm

Sure thing :D I'm putting down the reservation for you right now.

Somnium Carceri
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby afreerobin on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:16 pm

Could I have a charcharacter sheet please? I was never really good at coding and it would really help me get her in faster.

afreerobin
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Somnium Carceri on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:28 pm

Yes hold on just one moment :D

Code: Select all
[center][img] use Fontmeme or 1001font for your name[/img]
[img]imgorgifhere[/img]
[size=150][b]{[/b][/size][font=fontnamehere]"quote."[/font][size=150][b]}[/b][/size][/center] 
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[left][img]smallgif[/img]
[img]smallgif[/img][/left][right][img]smallgif[/img]
[img]smallgif[/img][/right] 
[font=fontnamehere][center][size=120][color=#hexcodehere]{Full Name}[/color][/size]

[size=120][color=#hexcodehere]{Nickname}[/color][/size]

[size=120][color=#hexcodehere]{Age}[/color][/size]

[size=120][color=#hexcodehere]{Gender}[/color][/size]

[size=120][color=#hexcodehere]{Sexuality}[/color][/size]

[size=120][color=#hexcodehere]{Role}[/color][/size]
[/center][/font]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr] 

[left][img]imgorgifhere[/img]
[img]imgorgifhere[/img]
[img]imgorgifhere[/img][/left]
[center][font=fontnamehere][size=120][color=#hexcodehere]{Strengths}[/color][/size]

[size=120][color=#hexcodehere]{Weaknesses}[/color][/size]

[size=120][color=#hexcodehere]{Hobbies}[/color][/size]

[size=120][color=#hexcodehere]{Likes}[/color][/size] 

[size=120][color=#hexcodehere]{Dislikes}[/color][/size]

[size=120][color=#hexcodehere]{Fears}[/color][/size]

[size=120][color=#hexcodehere]{Other}[/color][/size][/font][/center]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]

[right][img]imgorgifhere[/img] 
[img]imgorgifhere[/img][/right]

[center][font=fontnamehere][size=150]{Personality}[/size] 

[size=120] {Trait, Trait, Trait, Trait} [/size]

{2-3 minimum Paragraphs) [/font][/center]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center][font=fontnamehere][size=150]{History}[/size]

(2-3 minimum paragraphs here)[/font][/center]

Somnium Carceri
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Duct Tape on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:38 pm

This looks interesting i'd like to reserve the Cameraman and change the face claim to Toby Kebbell.
Benji was always the quiet type and normally would shy away from anything that would remotely put him in some sort of spotlight. However when he found out that there was going to be a group going around to debunk mysteries and the unknown he all but jumped at the opportunity. Being a film student made applying twenty times easier for him because not only was it for something he was familiar with, it was a way to push himself to be more open and to be one of the camera operators meant the perfect way to be in the action without being the center of attention. After the group disbanded he picked up a gig filming and photographing weddings along with his brothers.

I have no idea what my favorite urban legend is but I enjoy The Hook, Area 51, The Rake, The Babysitter, The Lick...others that I can't think of.

Duct Tape
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Somnium Carceri on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:41 pm

Awesome, I'll get the info up on the front.

Somnium Carceri
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wheezymcgee on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:58 pm

I am intrigued, I would like to reserve the head of tech/investigator 3 If you please... Also Can I change the face claim to Aldis Hodge?

My favorite urban legends would be , the lady in white, the hook man, and Bloody Mary.
Last edited by wheezymcgee on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will not carry a gun, Frank. When I got thrown into this war I had a clear understanding with the Pentagon: no guns. I'll carry your books, I'll carry a torch, I'll carry a tune, I'll carry on, carry over, carry forward, Cary Grant, cash and carry, carry me back to Old Virginia, I'll even 'hari-kari' if you show me how, but I will not carry a gun! -- Hawkeye Pierce

wheezymcgee
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Somnium Carceri on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:07 pm

You've forgotten something ^.^ But you can once you edit your post with that something you've forgotten.

Somnium Carceri
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wheezymcgee on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:08 pm

just did lol

wheezymcgee
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Somnium Carceri on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:10 pm

Awesome! Thankya very much I will edit the front page now. :D

Somnium Carceri
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Somnium Carceri on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:18 am

Three spots left to reserve :D If all goes well we can start sometime next week.

Somnium Carceri
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRavenChronicle on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:29 am

Hi there :D I'm new here but not new to roleplaying....May I please reserve Malese Jow?
I really like the dover demon and jersey devil type urban legends.

RedRavenChronicle
Member for 10 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Somnium Carceri on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:32 am

Sure thing, theres a character sheet a few posts up if you aren't sure how to make them (I'm just assuming since your new but I probably shouldn't just assume lol.) Ill edit the front page now.

Somnium Carceri
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caged Bird on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:29 am

Hi there! Might I reserve the male Co-Host, but change the FC from Silvestre Rasuk to Jack Falahee?

Connor Whitmore is the smartest person in the room… or at least he likes to think so. A sly, laconic, heartbreaker; Connor is used to getting any prize he lays his eyes on, ensuring that he and his friends will constantly be in competition with each other. No matter how dirty the deed, he’ll go to any lengths to earn admiration. But what’ll happen when he is pushed a step too far? Will his natural confidence be able to carry him through a much darker journey?

Password; I like the tale of bloody mary, can't go wrong with a classic!

Caged Bird
Member for 12 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Beta Tester Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ibecameinsane on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:39 am

[ignore me. message received.]
Last edited by ibecameinsane on Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
thank you so much to the beautiful and talented aurei for making this signature for me!

ibecameinsane
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Somnium Carceri on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:43 am

Reserved ^.^

Also, everyone will be given an extension due to the site being down.

Somnium Carceri
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRavenChronicle on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:48 am

Hey Somni wanted to check in and tell you I'm almost done with my character. She should be finished by early tomorrow morning.

RedRavenChronicle
Member for 10 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!