Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Crossing Blades

Character Relations Thread

a part of “Crossing Blades”, a fictional universe by Another Lie.

[1 Open Spot] An ancient Kingdom with a legacy that will shake the very fabric of reality... as the warriors of this world cross blades in the quest for their ideals, where will you stand? What will you fight for?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Crossing Blades”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Character Relations Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Another Lie on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:40 pm

IMPORTANT

Relations Thread

Player to player interaction, both in and out of character is a major focus in this RP... and this thread here is to help that sort of thing along. This thread is for organizing relation between the player characters specifically and a large number of things can be discussed here. For example, relationships between characters as the RP progresses, discussions of characters first meetings, discussions of sub-plots between characters, romances, friendships, rivalries and hatreds... all of that can be discussed right here so be sure to try and make use of this option.

Starting Groups

To start us off, I'm sure you've all noticed that the pre-awakened and ordinary humans will be travelling with at least one chosen human over the course of the RP. This is the way it is for a few reasons... for one it'll put pre-awakened humans into the kinds of dangerous situations that will help them to unlock their weapons... and it will give the ordinary humans a reason to join in on the quest for the Soulstone.

Why your character decides to travel with a chosen is of course entirely up to you... just as the chosen's reasons for seeking the Soulstone in the first place are entirely up to them. But that's besides the point... the bottom line is that grouping up will be necessary for the RP to run smoothly... and having pre-established groups will add a nice structure to the beginning of the RP that should hopefully help to prevent the dreaded RP "early death syndrome".

To give some guide lines, groups should not be more than four players at a time, no more than three chosen in a group at any one time, no more than two same gender characters in a group at a time, players may split from their group, go solo or join another group at any time throughout the course of the RP and the groups may interact with one another as much as they like.

Don't think of the groups as strict guidelines... just think of them as travelling companions for your character so that nobody is ever left with nothing to do... and remember the goal for every group is to locate the Soulstone somewhere in the land, so if you need an excuse for travelling with others you can always just say "there's strength in numbers".

Though if you really do want your character to travel alone that's fine too, remember this is only to make sure nobody is left out of player interaction unwillingly. If you want your character to be a loner and don't mind that then go for it!

Now then, I suppose I'll post the first group myself... be free to join if you like and we can discuss how the characters will meet, how they might interact from the get go etc. etc.

...or you could wait for the second group once this one is filled...

...or you could just go solo. It's up to you as always!

Group 1 ~ Complete

~ Yohana Haruna Saiko - Male - Chosen

~ Kaida Reika - Female -Pre-Awakened

~ Neil Aramis - Male - Chosen

~ Shizuku Masako - Female - Pre-Awakened

Group 2 ~ Complete

~ Zianro Azura - Male - Human

~ Manji Takenzo - Male - Chosen

~ Ikari Kimidori - Female -Chosen

~ Youmu - Female - Human

Group 3 ~ Complete

~ Arn Grimr - Male - Pre-Awakened

~ Molan Lassiter - Male - Human

~ Kaori Matsushita - Female - Chosen

~ Tamashi Kugutsu?! - Female - Chosen?

Group 4 ~ Complete

~ Teruko Himura - Female - Chosen

~ Saruten Himura - Male - Human
Last edited by Another Lie on Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
"You cannot hold what isn't there. It's pointless to look into nothing and expect answers. It's hard to protect that which we have never had... and impossible to cherish that which never existed to begin with. It's just another way that life can be cruel... and that cruelty will only lead to more of these created... Aye, they're sad things, these dreams of mortal man."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Another Lie
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Character Relations Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningDark on Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:21 pm

Excuse me sir, may I join your traveling group? I feel that our characters would get along well.

-BurningDark

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BurningDark
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rhianoue on Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:59 pm

Same here! Would you mind if Shizuku joined the group as well? ^u^
ImagexImagexImagexImagex
ImagexImagexImagexImage
īŧ§īŧ¯ | īŧ¯īŧŽ
īŧ´īŧĨīŧŦīŧŦ | īŧ­īŧĨ | īŧ¨īŧĨ
īŧŠīŧŗīŧŽīŧ´ | īŧĸīŧĨīŧĄīŧĩīŧ´īŧŠīŧĻīŧĩīŧŦ

Rhianoue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Another Lie on Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:24 am

@ BurningDark

That sounds fine to me... protecting humanity and other people seems to be a common goal between our two characters so I think their ideals would line up well. Even with Yo's secret past as a criminal... but shh, secret.

@Rhianoue

That also sounds fine to me... but wasn't Shizuku travelling with Neil Aramis? (Unless you want to make it a group of four, which would finish this group nicely and keep a gender balance to boot.) To be honest, with Shizuku being the aspect of justice... I have to imagine what would happen if and when she finds out about Yo's past. o.o I somehow don't think she'll be too pleased...

Another Lie
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rhianoue on Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:59 pm

Yeah I meant as a group of four >u< Was just going to wait for Scra to make a post down here too.

And now that you mention it... You have a point xD I entirely forgot about Yo's backstory as a criminal, and yeah, Shizuku probably wouldn't be too pleased about it either, although it would add drama to the rp if it's discovered later. Plus, since his aspect is redemption for his past, she'd probably deem that a form of justice.

But if you want us to wait for the second group we can!

Rhianoue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:50 am

Alrighty, my char is 95% finished ( Just a few more pictures and picking my themes!! :) ) so I'll go ahead and join this little discussion. Zianro is a Mercenary from Tier Lumina who has returned home to visit his Tavern Keeper father and the rest of his family, at the family's local business.

Point is, any group who's interested in him being a part of their group can visit the inn and invite Zianro on an adventure of a lifetime. Just a suggestion, someone can bump into him on the way to the inn, etc, etc. :) Lemme know what you think!

Firewind
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Another Lie on Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:03 am

@ Rhianoue

No worries that sounds great! That makes our first group all finished and tied up nicely... Redemption, Vengeance, Justice and Selflessness. We're certainly a rather Heroic group aren't we? XD

@ Firewind

That sounds like a good idea. ^^ Having a character starting disconnected from any group and getting recruited in Tier Lumina would add some Variety! I'll add you as the first member of the second group!

Another Lie
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JEDH3 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:18 am

Yeah, I need a group. I think that Arn can fit into almost any group of people for the most part, so I don't much care where he is stuck into.
The violent road. The path of Harmony from the sword. It is a last resort this is true.
It is the Path we take when there is Inequity that will not yield.
When all other paths lead to ruin and an unjust end.
When Good is beset by Evil from all sides.
When your cause, your power, your fury... When it protects the weak, the pathetic, the helpless.
When it is Righteous: The Way of the Sword... Is Beautiful.

JEDH3
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syao4500 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:29 pm

Since Manji has been living in the mountains for about 6 years, he finally decides to venture to the outside world to find the SoulStone and get it over with. The starting point would probably be somewhere in the countryside or somewhere isolated: somewhere pretty lawless and the grip of the Lumina Fang not as strong, since Manji has been running away from them for years. After wandering around for a while, he reaches a Lumina Fang checkpoint and his identity is discovered as a defector (kind of hard to hide a scar on your forehead." The lumina fang will surround him in an attempt to capture or kill him, probably the latter.

Since no one really knows his identity as a chosen human, it appears he is a normal swordsman being abused by the corrupt Lumina Fang.

Perhaps there are some passerbys who see the commotion that are observing and question whether or not they should step in to save this man....

Manji, who has been doing nothing but training since he was 8, knows there are people observing. Being the lazy bum that he is, he waits for them to swoop in and fight his battle for him, even though he has no problems fighting the 30 or so Lumina Fang goons.

Or something like that.... Manji's group will probably see more action versus bandits and Lumina Fang.

Syao4500
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CJL1290 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:50 pm

HA HA! YES! FINALLY DONE! *clears throat* Sorry about that. Anyway, let's talk groups.

Molan is currently searching for any clues to the Soulstone, or anything about it. He left his village several days prior to when the RP starts, so he could be just about anywhere, making it possible for him to join any open groups. Any group he joins, he might ask the Chosen(s) a lot of questions because he needs information for his book, and says he'll try to stay out of the way.

Anyone want to take him in? :D

CJL1290
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Another Lie on Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:00 am

@ Syao & Firewind

So here's what I'm thinking.

Manji heads to Tier Lumina as the Soulstone asks him to (rather cryptically but it does) and gets recognised and attacked by Lumina Fang. Zianzro is visiting home and perhaps since he has been away for a while he doesn't approve of the new Lumina Fangs methods. (Not that anybody does but he especially so.) Zianzro moves into help Manji after seeing that he is being attacked... there are too many Lumina Fang and Manji eventually has to use his Soul Blade. Zianzro, intrigued by the weapon asks if he can accompany Manji.

That's just me spitballing here, but if that idea works for you to then just let me know and I can set you guys up as the first two members of group 2. Thus completing the maximum male capacity for that group.

@JED & CJL

I was also thinking that your two characters might do well together. Arn's quest for the truth of Ryozanpaku's fountain could make for an interesting sidestory in Molan's book... and Molan's ideals of revealing the truth of the Soulstone to the populace might just mesh well with the teachings of Ryozanpaku. But once again, this is me just throwing ideas at you guys, you'll of course still need a chosen in your group... and a female one at that...

But well the final decision is always up to you guys, consider these ideas suggestions of how these characters could mesh together to get the ball rolling. So please, talk, converse and plan away to your hearts content.

Another Lie
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syao4500 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:50 am

Hmmmm so Manji will be entering the gates of Tier Lummina and forced to go through a checkpoint. After considering all his options, he decides to go straight throughthe checkpoint. The guards ask to check his weapons, he hands over his two regular blades, but when they ask for the wrapped weapons on his back...
"That'll be a problem sir"

Manji will take down the guard with his hands and retrieve his regular blades to fight through the gates, seeing it was impossible to fight so many enemies normally, he draws his Soul Blade.That could be a chance for someone to come in because a character could be also trying to enter Tier Lumina at that moment. (Possibly another chosen since there;s not really any way to discern Soul weapons from normal weapons at first glance. Looking at you Check Mate...)

The group fights through the gates and runs through the city and seeks refuge in the tavern where Zianzro is.

Syao4500
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JEDH3 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:02 pm

That would work quite well, I think. Arn is a very well learned person who was raised to feel a lust for knowledge, and their individual goals to coincide quite well. So yeah, as long as CJL is in agreement, we just need one or two more people with us.

JEDH3
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CJL1290 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:09 pm

I actually agree with it. Arn and Molan would make an interesting par.

Now all we need is a female Chosen to lead them to their demise adventure!

CJL1290
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:50 am

@Syao sure thing!! Hopefully Check Mate is on board too!

Firewind
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Another Lie on Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:45 am

Alright everyone, the starting groups have been set! As the RP is starting today I have auto-completed some groups based on characters whom might work well together.

Remember, all characters will start out alone or in their pre-established pairs, (Looking at Shizuku + Neil and Teruko + Saruten on that one) and will have to join up with the rest in their group somehow for the first step of the RP.

To put it simply, regardless of how you start, all groups have to be together and in Tier Lumina by the time the first Act ends! For more information on the acts and how they will work, click here!

To give a synopsis of the groups:

Group 1 ~ The good guys(?)

This group was already set up and it contains characters who seem to focus alot on writing wrong, be it personal wrongs through redemption and vengeance... or the wrongs of others through selflessness and justice. Wether or not these characters will all learn to work together naturally... or develop rivalries in their methods... remains to be seen!

To start this group off simply, Yo will be getting into a bar fight due to his past as a Black Sparrow (not that anyone will know that is the reason) if the rest of you guys want to help him out... or maybe you'd like for your character to join up with the group in some other way is up to you! Just post your ideas here!

Group 2 ~ Strength in Numbers

With many varying goals and ideals in tow for finding the Soulstone, this group seems to be a little odd at best. With two chosen with vastly different personalities at the head of the group and two humans with their own agendas tagging behind one has to wonder if this group will learn to play on each others strengths... or if their differences will force them apart.

As is already established, Manji will be attempting to enter through the checkpoint at Tier Lumina's front gate... but will be forced to use his Soul Blade to fight off the Lumina Fang after being recognized.

Now Soul Blades are not normal weapons... and while they can't be recognized at a glance it is still fairly easy to tell them apart from average weapons. With powerful magical abilities, nigh perfect craftsmanship and a certain odd element to their design they tend to stand out. As well as this, I'm going to say that they have a certain "aura" to them... so that when people see them they know that they aren't normal weapons. This is a bit of a last minute development but it should help with story telling. Perhaps that aura is the reason why Manji has the weapons wrapped up and out of sight.

Regardless once the weapon is drawn, Zianro sees it, he himself returning home from somewhere for some reason (that will of course be up to you Firewind) and at for whatever reason he decides to help.

This will get these two put together as a team... but how will the others get involved? Perhaps being overwhelmed by the guards these two are imprisoned in the castle dungeons... and hearing rumors of Manji, a possible chosen, being captured Youmu and Ikari use their skills to instigate a prison gate and then a quick escape from the city? Who knows? That's just one option of many that I'm sure a talented group of writers like yourself can come up with.

Remember, this thread and PM's are your friend. Don't be shy and get to brainstorming!

Group 3 ~ Seekers of Truth

With the disciple of truth Arn and the dedicated writer Molan ready to charge forward into adventure... how lucky must they be to both end up with the foul-mouthed and prideful chosen that is Kaori Matsushita. No matter the nature of this new ally... she is chosen... and a chosen is something that both of these men were looking for.

But from the shadows a forth being watches the party patiently. The red eyed death, Tamashi Kubutsu has found a Chosen and her followers and she plans to finally begin to pick off her prime targets. However, taking them all down at once would be foolish... she would easily be outnumbered and while she was good, she has never fought another Soul Blade user before... such a rash attack as charging them would be dangerous.

But perhaps... lulling them into a false sense of security could make things easier.

But can the urban legend credited with so much death and destruction really pass for a helpful ally long enough to destroy her targets? Will her lies be routed out? Only time will tell.

This group is pretty free to improvise with their meeting up. The first three members, Arn, Molan and Kaori should meet up and decide to travel together (however you guys make that happen is up to you) and near the end of the first act Tamashi will make a rather... interesting decision.

As always, be sure to use this thread or PMs (whichever is more comfortable for you) to organize your characters initial interactions and to come up with ways to get everyone to at least agree to travel together by the end of the first act.

Group 3 ~ Siblings in arms

A pair of siblings on a quest for the Soulstone... they have their own plans for sure and who knows what methods they will use or paths they will take.

Zenmon and Check Mate I am aware that you two have your own plans... and so long as the two of you stick within Tier Lumina for the first act then I have no problem whom you both decide to interact with and what actions you decide to take.

Remember everyone, everything written above is open for change and alteration should you wish it. Have a problem with a grouping? Have an idea all your own for your group to get together? Then go right ahead and state it here.

I'm only the ringmaster in this little circus we have and you're all more than welcome to prepare your own acts.

So remember, sort out character interactions for the first Act here or through PM and if you have any suggestions for group changes then please address me personally and I will sort it out for you. The RP's first post will be put up shortly so everybody get ready and good luck!

Another Lie
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!