Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Exiles - A Massive Crossover

a part of “Exiles - A Massive Crossover”, a fictional universe by Dark Equestrian.

The Universe is in peril and it's up to your favorite fictional characters to save it!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Exiles - A Massive Crossover”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark Equestrian on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:06 pm

--- The Story...

Time has become unhinged.

All realities and all dimensions are loosely connected, making up a “chain of reality”. If something should go wrong in one reality, it will eventually create a domino effect and have some sort of impact on the next reality, and so on. Until recently, time had been moving along quite smoothly. But there have been recent events within these realities that have the potential to wreck havoc on all of time.

There is a group of heroes that will be plucked from their own realities to right the wrongs and “fix the kinks” in this chain of reality. And you are one of them. Join the fight to save the entire universe from collapsing.

--- You, The Heroes...

You will be part of a team of heroes (and villains) who travel to these different realities and dimensions righting the wrongs in the chain of reality. When you complete a mission, you then move on to the next reality to find a new mission. Failing to succeed would cause a domino effect and eventually life as we know it would cease to exist.

You can play as any, and I do mean ANY, character from ANY franchise! Further down the line, we may see original characters. But for the time being, you will play as a character from whatever franchise/universe you'd prefer. You have many movies, cartoons, comics, TV shows, video games (etc.) to choose from. So choose wisely. Limit of one character per person...for now. If you feel you need more than that please PM me for approval. (For example, if you were playing Moe, Larry and Curly...where you can't have one without the others...I may allow it.)

--- The Essential Parts...

There will be a total of FIVE character spots available (for a total of six including myself, though discounting major NPCs). All you need to do is submit your character for approval, follow the format of the character sheet and await approval of your character.

Any other questions can and will be fielded here.

Thanks in advance!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dark Equestrian
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Exiles - A Massive Crossover

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:07 am

So you are saying that I can app Demonbane?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark Equestrian on Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:01 am

FamishedPants wrote:So you are saying that I can app Demonbane?

Hm? I'm sorry I didn't quite understand that ^^;

Dark Equestrian
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asher MstrImmortalis on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:23 pm

He's asking if he can use a character named "Demonbane".

And let me tell you this: first roleplay back from being afk for so long, count me in! Expect some... Fantastical characters from me, fufufufu~ Either that, or I'll try someone else.

By the way, if I were to completely change my choice in character mid-way through the roleplay, then am I allowed to just -NPC- the original character and switch to another main character? i.e. I feel that I cannot do Char1 during the middle of the roleplay, so I just abandon Char1 and create Char2 and mainly use Char2.

Secondly... Hi, Famished~!
The Darkness serves to make a faint Light glow brighter. However, those drenched in Light only serve to create Darkness.

Asher MstrImmortalis
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark Equestrian on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:29 pm

Asher MstrImmortalis wrote:He's asking if he can use a character named "Demonbane".

And let me tell you this: first roleplay back from being afk for so long, count me in! Expect some... Fantastical characters from me, fufufufu~ Either that, or I'll try someone else.

By the way, if I were to completely change my choice in character mid-way through the roleplay, then am I allowed to just -NPC- the original character and switch to another main character? i.e. I feel that I cannot do Char1 during the middle of the roleplay, so I just abandon Char1 and create Char2 and mainly use Char2.

Secondly... Hi, Famished~!

Oh! Well yes of course! Is this "Demonbane" a character from fiction? I'm afraid I'm not entirely familiar ^^;

If you change your mind mid-way through, you could have that character "blink" out or in depending. They would likely take the place of the other character (until I decide to open up multiple characters per person).

Dark Equestrian
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:23 am

Yes, Asher is right. I was asking if I was able to use Demonbane, or rather, Elder God Demonbane to be more specific. Also hi Asher. C:

It was not a serious question, however. I just wanted to bring Demonbane up because I don't recall any rules about apping Omnipotents, such as Demonbane, who would nullify anything bad in the RP due to them literally being able to do whatever they wanted.

It is my suggestion that you add a rule in about anyone with reality-warping powers or omnipotents so as to avoid problems with them. C:

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark Equestrian on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:37 am

FamishedPants wrote:Yes, Asher is right. I was asking if I was able to use Demonbane, or rather, Elder God Demonbane to be more specific. Also hi Asher. C:

It was not a serious question, however. I just wanted to bring Demonbane up because I don't recall any rules about apping Omnipotents, such as Demonbane, who would nullify anything bad in the RP due to them literally being able to do whatever they wanted.

It is my suggestion that you add a rule in about anyone with reality-warping powers or omnipotents so as to avoid problems with them. C:

I suppose I should include something. Although given the grave nature of the Universe collapsing, it makes sense that powerful characters are drawn together to fix it. Though I would assume that having their "home reality" in peril (or at worse, destroyed) would limit their fullest potential. Perhaps weakening them significantly enough to where they still have those abilities, but not in their most powerful form?

And hello to everyone! I feel so rude for not having said that earlier >.<

Dark Equestrian
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:30 am

Well Elder God Demonbane is the very definition of OP, so banning that kind of power outright is preferred since, by definition of his powers, he would have the same power as you, which is to rewrite anything. Omnipotent beings in RPs aren't fun.

However, I might use normal Demonbane, who is not so BS. I'd think it is okay to allow night omnipotent beings, just not true omnipotents.

C:

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asher MstrImmortalis on Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:16 am

FamishedPants wrote:Well Elder God Demonbane is the very definition of OP, so banning that kind of power outright is preferred since, by definition of his powers, he would have the same power as you, which is to rewrite anything. Omnipotent beings in RPs aren't fun.

However, I might use normal Demonbane, who is not so BS. I'd think it is okay to allow night omnipotent beings, just not true omnipotents.

C:

NONSENSE Famished! Playing as Yakumo Yukari is always fun~!

On the subject, would Morrighan from the game Mabinogi count as OP, considering she's already on the tier of gods/goddesses?

Asher MstrImmortalis
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark Equestrian on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:18 am

I'm actually really enjoying this discussion. I suppose if you factor in the following as examples:

Thor or Loki (Marvel) - They are God-tier in abilities, but they've got weaknesses just like anyone else. Not as noticeable perhaps, and instead of weaknesses they seem to be limitations (IE Thor without his hammer is just super strong and handsome in some continuities)

Superman (DC) - It's argued that Superman is God-tier because he as as strong as he needs to be. He literally has no limits, except the ones he places on himself.

Goku (Dragonball Z) - Goku is RIDICULOUSLY STRONG, but he does what he does to help others. His villainous counterparts tend to be on his same level, if not higher, but Goku constantly pushes his limits (IE his own mortality in some cases) to stop his enemies. If we talk about Saiyans in general, their tails are a hindrance in most cases, as is the moon or artificial moons where they end up turning into giant death monkeys of doom.

So, while powerful characters exist and could likely break games, I agree that there should be a rule but perhaps if players themselves understand that maybe playing a "Beyond God-tier" character would make the game less fun for others, the mutual understanding of that concept trumps and eliminates the need for such a rule.

Though, I think with rule #6, I may have already covered it with my explanation.

Dark Equestrian
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:38 pm

This looks likes so much fun!

FamishedPants! What's up bruh?! Long time no see!
I should go.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark Equestrian on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:16 pm

Excellent! I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

I hope everyone is really as interested as it seems!

As long as the format is followed for the sheet, you'll be on the road to acceptance in no time!

Dark Equestrian
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:58 pm

Hmm, I was thinking of joining this RP, but I had my counts. However, seeing as there are a few names I recognize here, it makes me wish I could join. I haven't roleplayed in ages seeing as my computer has been down, although, I won't be able to join because I'm going on a vacation in a few days and will be gone 'till January, so it wouldn't make too much sense to join.

Although I thought playing as a Touhou character (or possibly something like a half-life character, or hell, even playing as a TF2 character for critz and giggles) would be interesting.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark Equestrian on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:15 pm

Lloyd999 wrote:Hmm, I was thinking of joining this RP, but I had my counts. However, seeing as there are a few names I recognize here, it makes me wish I could join. I haven't roleplayed in ages seeing as my computer has been down, although, I won't be able to join because I'm going on a vacation in a few days and will be gone 'till January, so it wouldn't make too much sense to join.

Although I thought playing as a Touhou character (or possibly something like a half-life character, or hell, even playing as a TF2 character for critz and giggles) would be interesting.

That's a shame you won't be joining us. :(

If at any point a spot opens up in the future and you were still interested, you should let me know!

Dark Equestrian
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark Equestrian on Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:11 pm

Quick update: (Sorry for the double post) But I am relinquishing my spot in the roster and will only attempt to reclaim it IF we don't manage to get six players for the game. So far we've got a great group (at least I think so), so I look forward to what everyone else comes up with.

EDIT: We have TWO open spots people! Get those character sheets in and please spread the word!

Dark Equestrian
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:09 am

Meh, just decided to go with Archer. Hope he's passable.

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asher MstrImmortalis on Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:04 am

Wait, which Archer? You mean the red-black or the all golden? Because I suspect this happening:

Asher MstrImmortalis
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark Equestrian on Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:49 am

Excellent! I'm surprised at how quickly the roster filled up! Some excellent characters and some really good-looking sheets out there!

Lloyd999: Are you going to be able to participate? I accepted the Medic, but if you won't be in for awhile I can fill in with a temp character until you can ^^

I'll be getting an opening post up either later today or tomorrow. So no posting until then, 'kay? ^^

Dark Equestrian
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:24 am

Indeed, I most likely won't be able to post, but I decided to stay up all night to create a character. Maybe when I return (January 5th) I will post, if this roleplay is still running, but until then, this Medic is going to be late for the party. Think of it this way, sure this mismatched team might do well, perhaps very well, but just like in TF2, no team is complete without a Medic. And then this lunatic appears and makes everybody's lives better, even if he has his own goals in mind and may just be a little eccentric (and constantly bug the other characters to allow him to cut them open and give them a cow stomach or two).

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:32 am

Am I the only one who thought FamishedPants was talking about this Archer?...

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!