Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Dogs in Almighty God's Vineyard

a part of “Dogs in Almighty God's Vineyard”, a fictional universe by Magus1108.

The King of Life has called upon you to be God's Watchdog, a defender of The Faith, the hammer upon which you beat men until they are purified. Can you answer the call, and do your best to defend and promote The Faith?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dogs in Almighty God's Vineyard”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:21 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Dogs in Almighty God's Vineyard"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

There is no War in Ba Sing Se

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Magus1108
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Re: Dogs in Almighty God's Vineyard

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:23 pm

And here's the OOC. Yay! Anyone interested in joining, please post a reservation here.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Magus1108
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HighestLord on Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:29 pm

Reserve! :)

HighestLord
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Visarean on Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:31 pm

Reserve! ;)

Visarean
Member for 9 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:39 pm

Reserves noted. I have put up my own character now, just so you all know. I have also put up a new OOC thread that can be accessed via the RP, where I build up some of the background of the Faith and the RP in general. Please read it all, and take note of it when making your characters.

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekriist on Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:47 pm

Reserved, good sir.
The road to civilization is paved with bones, and mortared with blood and ash.

Nekriist
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyperewok on Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:01 pm

Reserved, woooo.

Hyperewok
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:38 pm

Perfect! All character sheets (except for Visarean, still in talks with him to have him edit his sheet before I accept his guy) have been accepted, and I will be starting the RP itself tomorrow or, more likely than not since I'll probably have my last midterm tomorrow, Friday.

Just letting you guys know! Also, be on the lookout for new stuff posted in the other OOC threads for the RP. Between now and the official start of the RP, I'm planning on putting more background info up so you all know the current state of affairs in the Faithian territories. That stuff will be important to know, and likely be the setup for future storylines.

Also, in case you guys miss it or are too lazy to look it up in the background thread (:P), the starting date for this RP will be:

So keep that in mind when we start out, folks. Just so we can keep things semi-historically accurate. ;)

Oh, and a word of warning. Now, I understand real life happens, and you either have to drop out of RPs or have to take a brief hiatus. I understand that. Just let me know, however. Because the last version of this RP died out when two of our five players just stopped posting suddenly, and they didn't respond to my PMs.

I will not let that happen this time.

If any of you stop posting without any heads up or a reason as to why, and you do not reply to any prods or PMs I send you, then I reserve the right to retcon your character out of the RP.

After a certain period (one to two weeks, minimum) of any of you not posting and not responding to any of my PM prods, I will take actions to retcon your characters out of the way, especially if you're holding up the RP. Just giving you guys a fair warning. I want this RP to survive this time around, and I will take any and all actions to ensure that this happens.

Now, I understand if real life shit gets in the way of you posting, and of you telling me why you aren't posting. Like your power going out for more than a week, or a sudden and unexpected illness keeping you bed-ridden. And if I've retconned your character out of the way, and you later come back to tell me why you've been gone, and that you'd still like to play, then I'd be more than happy to insert you back into the swing of things.

I'm not a complete asshole, I totally understand if something unexpectedly came up and prevented you from participating in the RP. So long as you explain it to me whenever you're able to join the RP back up, I'll be totally fine with it.

Of course, I do appreciate a proper warning from you guys, if any of you ever have to take a break from posting in the RP or whatever. So I'd prefer a warning rather than an after-the-fact explanation, if possible. :P

Anyway, just letting you guys know. I'm taking things uber serious this time around, and I will do everything in my power to keep things running.

If any of you have any questions or concerns about this policy of mine, please feel free to speak up, either in here or via PM. I'm always willing to listen. :D

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyperewok on Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:20 pm

Ooh, cool alternate history stuff. Definitely looking forward to seeing more worldbuilding bits.

Hyperewok
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:05 pm

Thanks! Glad you liked it! :D

Ask, and ye shall receive! Just posted some stuff in the background thread about the politics in North America. Expect a similar post about the politics in the Faith/Deseret shortly.

Oh, and just so you all know, I've decided to change Horatio's portrait/appearance to something I thought was more...fitting. It'll take awhile for the change to reflect in the profile pic, but in the actual profile itself, my new picture should show. Hope you guys like it! :)

Also, probably gonna start tomorrow, I think. Just so you all know.

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:09 pm

Good news, everyone!

One, I got up an important amount of background info up for the Faith, particularly about the Holy Family and the politics within them.

Two, I've officially started the RP! Hooray! :D

Feel free to start posting once you read my setup post.

Also, just so you all know, right now there are only four Dogs in the story, but Visarean is still working on his character. Assuming it all goes right, Visarean's guy should join us sometime down the line.

I'll come up with an in-game reason as to why his character isn't already with the group of Dogs starting out the RP, rest assured. :)

So! Start posting, you guys! Because this show is on the road! :D

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekriist on Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:13 pm

First post up! Looking forward to see how this goes!

Nekriist
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:33 pm

Good news, everyone! I've posted a character arc OOC thread and a general storyline OOC thread in the RP, and I've added a brief summary of polygamy in the Faith, in the background thread.

Just letting you guys know! :)

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyperewok on Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:01 pm

Worldbuilding is still being awesome. :D When you're finished with the general history stuff, would you possibly elaborate more on what the Natives are like and how they interact with the Faithians? I know it's briefly mentioned that the Faith is okay with them, but there's presumably still the same problems that there were in real history with too many people and not enough land. Also, I'm assuming that they didn't take too much from the previous version of Christianity aside from the rather puritanical view of God, considering that Jesus and the whole forgive and tolerance thing isn't very compatible with hellfire and brimstone sermons (not that it's ever stopped anyone, of course), but it would be good to have a definite idea whether or not they had the Prophet fully replacing Jesus as the savior type.

Hyperewok
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:20 pm

And the last part of the general history is finally up! Hooray! :D

I made that bit to retcon earlier stuff that I posted before, once I realized some of the things I established with the Faithian timeline didn't entirely mesh up with actual US history. Well, that, and I thought a general, established history of the Faithful would be good for the lore of the RP.

So! Thanks for the compliments, Hyperewok. Sure, I can elaborate on Faithful-Native relations. I'm gonna spend my next background post further detailing the Seven Archdeon Orders, and how they operate in the modern day, more or less. I can do that once I finish that up.

I'll also be more than happy to make a background post expanding on the Faithian theology, once those two are done. :)

Oh, and if any of you guys have further requests for lore knowledge I haven't yet covered, feel free to speak up. :)

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:36 pm

Just a quick update here, regarding Visarean and HighestLord.

According to his profile, Visarean has not been back on since the 5th, nor has he edited his character to my satisfaction in that time frame. I will be formally rejecting his character by next Monday if I do not hear from him by then. If Visarean comes back after this deadline, he is welcome to resubmit his (preferably edited) character sheet.

As for HighestLord, according to his profile he has not been on since the 8th, and has thus far not responded to my prod I sent a few days earlier. If he does not come back to the RP by....I'll be generous here....April 1st, I will formally retcon his character out of the RP.

If it comes to that, and hopefully it won't because I really like Augustus Sharpe, I will probably put up an advertisement in the Roleplayers Wanted board, see if I can't get some other interested players. And, if this also proves necessary, I may create an additional OC to help further balance the RP out.

Mostly because I like even numbers, and four Dogs in the RP is what I'd ideally like. But we'll see if it comes to that, at any rate.

Just letting you guys (just Nekriist and Hyperewok at this point I guess) know.

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:40 pm

So, got a new lore post up! Hooray! This one details the specifics of the Seven Archdeon Ministries.

Also, put in a neat little easter egg in said lore post. Kudos to anyone who catches it. ;)

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyperewok on Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:46 pm

Ooh, the Soul Guard sound really interesting. I'm assuming that the Dogs aren't aware of them in general? Though, it would seem like they'd be liable to bump into each other, except for the part where it said that the Soul Guard are primarily in the cities and I'm assuming the Dogs are primarily in the frontier settlements. Still, it seems like disappearing Faithful would be something that gets investigated by them.

Hyperewok
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:13 pm

Nobody is aware of the Soul Guard, for the most part. There are whispers of it, but nobody who isn't apart of the Soul Guard already knows anything for certain.

Yep, Dogs do work primarily in the frontier, though they do take city jobs, as it were, from time to time. The next episode may very well be a city job, depending on how things at Red Road go down.

And you would be right. Though the Soul Guard are careful about who they snatch and when. If possible, they try to leave behind evidence that the person they'd scooped up went away on business, or something like that. And any disappearances would be looked into by local authorities, not Dogs, since that would be deemed too lowly of a matter for the Dogs to investigate.

That make sense? :)

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyperewok on Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:34 am

Makes plenty of sense to me. I had assumed that our characters wouldn't have heard of them, if only because plot potential like that is entirely too good to pass up at some point further down the road.

Hyperewok
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!