Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Tigers' Stripes

Storyline and Plot Discussion

a part of “Tigers' Stripes”, a fictional universe by LAkira.

A modern fantasy story that focuses around the lives of six people who find themselves tied to a legend.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Tigers' Stripes”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Storyline and Plot Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LAkira on Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:52 am

Here we can talk about and discuss the main storyline, any plot ideas, and any IC battles and such. Well, we can just talk about anything affecting the story here that we feel like should be discussed.
Check out my play-by-post
red-rain-t96664.html

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LAkira
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Storyline and Plot Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LAkira on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:38 pm

Okay, guys. So for how they all end up meeting... Does anyone have an idea or suggestion?

I was sort of thinking something like they all end up meeting in a park where a demon gate (or something) opens in the park fountain. Even though their powers and such have already awakened to an extent, it could be the first time they hear the legit voices of the Spirits inside them. And, ya know, they have to destroy whatever demons make it out of the demon gate. Thoughts? Ideas? Agree? Disagree?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LAkira
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LAkira on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:58 pm

Okay. So I'm gonna set out some of the basics to make sure we are all on the same page.

-First, I'd appreciate it if everyone wrote their replies in the third person.

-Because the RP is anime based, the setting is in modern day Japan.

-None of the characters have a perfect understanding and control of their powers yet, but will have to develop their knowledge and skills within the RP.

-The Great Spirits (ie the tiger spirits) are entities whose consciousness is separate from but connected to the characters. They can communicate with each other, and the goal between your character and their spirit is to become completely synchronized (which is difficult and complicated, but can't be undone once it happens). This will take a lot of time and development, and I'd like for you to get my approval first as it indicates a perfect/almost perfect control over your element. Your element becomes like an extended part of your body and soul.

-Your characters (according to their age) are currently either high school students, college students, drop outs, and/or have a job (or they could be freeloaders without a job, lol) when the RP begins.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, but might add some things later. Does anyone have any questions? Or any suggestion or ideas?

LAkira
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LAkira on Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:08 pm

Ignetio suggested having everyone meet during a town festival. How does that sound? I think it's more interesting than my idea of meeting at a park. Thoughts?

LAkira
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anraee on Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:45 pm

That sounds like a good idea! I would say that maybe, they feel something like a calling to a secluded lake at the park? Or would I be that they just meet each other at the festival? Haha I was also thinking that they would do the flying lanterns and for them the flying lanterns lead them to each other. I'm want bad with ideas so yea xD
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." — Dr. Seuss
"If a thing loves, it is infinite." — William Blake
"Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down." — Oprah Winfrey

Anraee
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ignetio on Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:54 pm

What season do we want this to occur in? I can google some japanese holidays.
"just sleep and the pain will fade away..."- page 20 Asmundur

Ignetio
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anraee on Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:15 pm

I think I would want it to be in the spring time, maybe the summer? But I like spring better XD

Anraee
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ignetio on Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:02 pm

Here are some spring holidays for us to chose from

March 3
Doll's Festival (hina matsuri):
Also called girl's festival. More information is available on the Doll's Festival page.
March 14
White Day:
The opposite of Valentine's Day: Men give cakes or chocolates to women. It is not a national holiday. More information is available on the White Day page.

Around March 20 (national holiday)
Spring Equinox Day (shunbun no hi):
Graves are visited during the week (ohigan) of the Equinox Day.

April 29 (national holiday)
Showa Day (Showa no hi):
The birthday of former Emperor Showa. Before 2007, April 29 was known as Greenery Day (now celebrated on May 4). Showa Day is part of the Golden Week.

May 3 (national holiday)
Constitution Day (kenpo kinenbi):
A national holiday remembering the new constitution, which was put into effect after the war. More information is available on the Golden Week page.

May 4 (national holiday)
Greenery Day (midori no hi):
Until 2006, Greenery Day was celebrated on April 29, the former Emperor Showa's birthday, due to the emperor's love for plants and nature. It is now celebrated on May 4 and is part of the Golden Week.

May 5 (national holiday)
Children's Day (kodomo no hi):
Also called boy's festival. More information is available on the Golden Week page.

July/August 7
Star Festival (tanabata):
Tanabata is a festival rather than a national holiday. More information is available on the Tanabata page.

Third Monday of July (national holiday)
Ocean Day (umi no hi):
A recently introduced national holiday to celebrate the ocean. The day marks the return of Emperor Meiji from a boat trip to Hokkaido in 1876.

Ignetio
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skykoko on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:50 am

We should do the Obon festival!

Skykoko
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ignetio on Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:06 am

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2286.html

This occurs in summer.

It sounds cool.

What do you all think?

Ignetio
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LAkira on Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:22 am

Yes~ I think the Obon festival is a good idea. The big meeting place for their group could be when they release the paper lanterns down the river. Or they could meet by coincidence simply during the festival.

*Edit* Also, just to let you guys know, I won't be able to be on much today or tomorrow because I'm in the middle of moving. I'll try to check back as much as possible, though.

LAkira
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skykoko on Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:33 am

Ok, Obon! What with the whole 'spirit' thing, it really fits, too!

Skykoko
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LAkira on Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:54 pm

That's true :)

I'll get to work on my first post, then. Is there anything else (ideas, concerns, etc.) you guys want to talk about, discuss, or suggest at the moment?

LAkira
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ignetio on Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:19 pm

I'm ready to rp. This is going to be fun.

Ignetio
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LAkira on Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:27 am

*WARNING* I suck at making first posts, but the deed is done. Don't kill me too much, okay? ;P

Your characters can meet and/or end up around the moon's reflection however you like. Be more creative than me! lol ^^

LAkira
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LAkira on Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:25 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and make a second post because most everyone has posted. Once the roleplay gets going with all the characters, please, guys, try to check back and post at least either every other day or every three days.

If there isn't a post from the last character by tomorrow, I'm going to have to post in the roleplayers wanted to find a replacement. I don't want the roleplay to die, especially this early on.

LAkira
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skykoko on Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:37 pm

(Ehhh it keeps logging me out before my post goes up! Fourth time I've typed this...)

Yo! My second post is up! And, again, I'm perfectly capable of doing more than one character. Unless it's earth. I suck at Earth characters. <.<

Skykoko
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LAkira on Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:13 pm

Yay! Everyone is in the roleplay now, so let's have fun!!! Thank you guys~

LAkira
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LAkira on Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:49 pm

Also, as the demons slowly come into the picture, do I have anyone willing to take on one or more of their future roles if/when they come up?

**EDIT Aaand do I need to explain anything that's happening in my last post?

LAkira
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!