Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Lumaire Nights

Lumaire Nights

a part of “Lumaire Nights”, a fictional universe by VindicatedPurpose.

[REBOOTED]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Lumaire Nights”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Lumaire Nights

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Fri May 29, 2015 5:57 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Lumaire Nights"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Re: Lumaire Nights

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaxyLady15 on Sat May 30, 2015 12:13 pm

How do you do, Vindicated?

I'm interested in this work of art you have placed before us, and would like to reserve a role.

I'm a little confused about the ratio, so could I reserve a female role, or do I need to take a male role?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SaxyLady15
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat May 30, 2015 12:46 pm

Hi SaxyLady, sure you have a reservation. Feel free to reserve a female role. You have 4 days to get it in, I think that's ample time. Let me know if you need more.

Regarding the gender ratio, so basically I can't accept a third character of a certain gender until I have accepted one character of another gender. And when I say gender, that's an open floor as I'm willing to accept characters who do not identify as part of the traditional male/female. Hope that clears up any confusion for anybody else.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Northgaze on Sun May 31, 2015 10:03 pm

VP!! Awesome to see you starting an RP and I'm glad to be early for once. Lol Sign me up for a reservation ASAP, man!

What a history you wrote, the detail. I can't say I'm familiar with some of the countries in real life, but you just wrote everything out I could easily believe that was how things turned out. You really do have a knack for research and world building! A+

Anyhow, I'll get to working on my character right away, can't have this opportunity slip away. =D

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Northgaze
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:08 pm

Aw shucks North, flattery gets to my head quicker than a bumblebee to honey.

Anyway, glad to see you around and yes you have a reservation. As for the history, it was my way of setting up the setting.

You have four days, like SaxyLady15, but interest has been lackluster so just try to get it in to me as soon as you guys can.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quakernuts on Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:43 pm

Who's that creeping about the OOC? Could it be a rat? A mouse? A subatomic particle capable of great destruction through the use of applied force?

NEGATIVE! TIS I! THE Q MAN!

Just putting forth my official interest and such, and will attempt to have a character up here within the time allotted. For the character portrait, is there any style that you prefer or are we allowed free reign?
Writing is a tool used to convey an author's passion and imagination, use it to the best of your ability.

Quakernuts
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist World Builder Inspiration Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:30 am

@Quaker

Ah, for character portraits, you don't need an FC (although that seems like the direction we're headed), just keep it realistic.

My bad for getting back to you late.

SaxyLady15 is your CS ready for review, let me know if you need more time. If there are any questions, just ask.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TomorrowsHerald on Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:25 am

Any places left?

I would prefer a male role if possible.

I would also like to ask you to explain the "New World Order", what I understand is that there are several countries such as India, Brazil and South Africa and perhaps Europe which become the leading nations of the world. Did they recreate the UN or is this more about individual regional influence?

By the way, though I won't tell you to change anything, I will say this: Iran heading a new Arab league scores pretty high in one of the 100 things that will never happen. Iran is not Arab but Persian, and the majority of Arab nations can't stand them because:

1) In Sunni eyes Shiites are heretics, to Shiites the Sunni are heretics

2) Iran is undermining the power of the Sunni nations through it's support of Shiite minorities in what they consider their "zone". That is why a traditionally passive Saudi Arabia responded with such force in Yemen.

A more likely situation would be a gradual deterioration in the area as the US pulls out by about 2017-8 after Iraq becomes an Iranian Satellite and Syria is divided into Shiite and Sunni states. in the mid 2020's, following the acquirement of nuclear weapons by the regional powers of the area a minor crisis draws in the two blocks into a limited nuclear exchange.

If you want I could play a middle eastern refugee who explores the consequences of the most likely final middle eastern conflict.
Last edited by TomorrowsHerald on Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.

TomorrowsHerald
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Northgaze on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:35 pm

Nice opinion you have there on completely fictional events. How about keeping it in your pants next time? Thanks bud.

Hey VP, I'm still working on my sheet, shouldn't be too much longer hopefully. lol

Northgaze
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TomorrowsHerald on Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:11 pm

"Ultimately, due to the sandbox traits of the roleplay, writers are encouraged to develop and flesh out the world".

Though I did find your request somewhat impolite Mr. Northgaze, I have decided to take it as constructive criticism and shorten my earlier post to it's key issue since I really did over do it spectacularly.

Thank you and have a nice day.

TomorrowsHerald
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:56 pm

Relax guys.

On the "New World Order," so pretty much the countries I listed (as well as some that weren't explicitly mentioned) have become the leaders of the world. The UN still exists as an intergovernmental organization, they created Guardian, remember?

Anyway, to the main issue at hand. Although I want people to just accept it as it is, I'm guessing there are a lot of people who would take offense at such an idea in a timeline, which North has touched upon as being purely fictional. It was only a means of explaining how we got here and why Lumaire looks the way it looks. It's really just one of the many things that could have happened since then until 2075.

Hell, we don't even know if Iran still exists in 2075 until someone says something about it in the IC. So when you, TH, quote me on the worldbuilding and the fleshing out of the world, that's kind of the point I was trying to make. The timeline covers some spots, but there's a lot of intricacies that aren't really covered. And on that same tangent, the reasons for the events in the Middle East are left for us to explore and explain. Now TH, you weren't the first one to bring it up, and you might not be the last if I don't change it.

So I'll just replace Iran with Syria.

@North

Sure, just have it in to me as soon as you can.

@TH
Same goes for you.

Your character, it's up to you. Just remember the guidelines. He's a Lumaire Special Police detective, and other mumbo jumbo, etc.

We wanna get this show on the road folks. So I need the sheetz.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:06 pm

We are all one. Just remember that!

Anyway, while this will try to be a portrayal toward realism as far as police do go, that only stretches so far really. Fictional as always, because a true detective has a ton of paperwork and procedural administration bullshit.

Who thinks that would make for a good RP? Signing slips to approve overtime for beat officers? Yeah, didn't think so :p .

I'll be helping contribute with VP but have no doubts, I'm a co-pilot. All the work thus far has been 100% VP.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:42 pm

Pretty damn crazy how hard it is to find female sci fi concept art that isn't so overly sexualized, lol.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TomorrowsHerald on Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:10 am

I decided to go with a Russian refugee, a Balkanized Russia sounds like an interesting background to explore.

I should be finished by night fall, I just need to find a picture and various minor details.

TomorrowsHerald
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:48 pm

Your character has been approved.

I am waiting on SaxyLady, who has had internet troubles, and Northgaze who is somewhere else.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaxyLady15 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:29 pm

I did as I was told! ^.^

My Wifi is behaving more normally now. :3

SaxyLady15
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:59 pm

i finally found a RP that is both original and in a genres I love! but i don't know if i'm late or anything. If i am i'll just wait. and read the stuff anyway. i am interested though so i'll let that be known. just let me know what gender roles are open if there is room for me. i'll adjust as necessary.

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Promethean Inspiration Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:03 pm

Hello there VincentRayne, I appreciate the interest and comments you left. Currently I have two slots filled, and two outstanding character sheets. I am waiting on SaxyLady and Northgaze. The latter has yet to present me with a CS, so I'm not sure on their progress. On that note, SaxyLady can you give me an ETA on your character sheet?

Anyway, I'd love to have you aboard Vincent, but we'll have to see depending on North. If they do pull through then we're full, and you'll have to wait until spots become available. Hopefully you'll still be around then.

So until then, I guess you'll just have to lurk like that stranger down the street from my house.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:29 pm

Great characters guys. I'll be posting one more, but both of my characters are NPCs. Feel free to use them in your posts for back up, interaction, etc. I'm not going to be iron fisted on what you want to do with them, I'm flexible. Just no maiming, killing, or revealing their innermost thoughts without asking first, lol.

They only have character submissions because I consider them to possibly play a big role, and if I do step in much on the Lumaire PD side, it'll be through them. The rest of the NPCs will go in the NPC thread unless they become notable enough for their own sheet.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Northgaze on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:53 pm

Many sorries to you all. Time got away from me and rl stuff. My character sheet is finally submitted. Let me know if anything needs changing VP.

Once again sorry to hold everything up. Also no one should ever be afraid/shy to smack me with a stick if I seem to be dawdling around. lol

Northgaze
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!