Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

A Knight's Duty, A Witch's Innocence

A Kinghts Duty, A Witches Innocence

a part of “A Knight's Duty, A Witch's Innocence”, a fictional universe by CutUp.

A knight seeking redemption is tasked with capturing a witch that killed a nobleman. But the witch was framed. She curses the knight, and now he must help clear her name, and find the true murderer. 1X1 with Daleeria

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Knight's Duty, A Witch's Innocence”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

A Kinghts Duty, A Witches Innocence

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Sat May 30, 2015 12:58 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "A Knight's Duty, A Witch's Innocence"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: A Kinghts Duty, A Witches Innocence

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daleeria on Sun May 31, 2015 2:39 pm

Okay so just a side note so you can see my thought process and I can remember this!

I'm basing magic on the theory of different levels of magic; all levels have their in-betweens, and I see the mages having some sort of small council that over the years goes through books and deems what spells fall into where, what can actually be taught to mages and what needs to be hidden from the light of day.

low-level magic is mostly minor hexes, spells that can basically summon objects towards you, light-damaging elemental magic, and 'common household spells' so to speak.

Mid-level magic is most healing spells, a lot of the higher up hexes and curses. Illusions fall under this, mid-range damaging elemental magic, barrier/protection spells.

High-level magic are powerful healing spells, large area-of-effect type things, actual 'controlling' of elements, group affecting spells, etc.

Forbidden magic is things like necromancy, shapeshifting, instant-death causing spells or slow-death curses, cloning type spells, and probably the curse she used on Rylen as well.

Sound good?
OPEN RP SLOTS: [3 out of 3]
OPEN COLLAB STORY SLOTS: [1 out of 1]

Currently Inspired By:
Still Learning :: Halsey
killing boys :: Halsey
Under Pressure :: Queen & David Bowie
Fast Talk :: Houses
Bang Bang :: Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Daleeria
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Sun May 31, 2015 3:40 pm

Sounds good to me! A lot better than what I thought of.

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daleeria on Sun May 31, 2015 10:07 pm

Also for any mage to use any base elemental magic, they must have a 'contract' so to speak, with that element. Usually something simple like a 'sacrifice' to it or something, or to stop abusing it (no cutting down trees, no littering the ground would be good examples for Earth, or having a candle lit for x amount of hours per day/week for fire, etc.) Or only using it in emergency cases.

In Aura's case, because of her quick reaction and not paying attention to what she was getting herself into and not knowing better, she DID get access to Light, Water and Air as a bundle service, but it tears at her memory. She refuses to deal with fire because fire is too destructive for her liking and hard to control. Dark scares her.

Yes basically the elements have personalities. It wasn't initially intended, but since they're technically alive and part of magic and the world I decided it would be fun to give them that :D

There are also basic spells that any mage with the right amount of power and studying can use. Cantrips, and they're small things like being able to temporarily make light orbs in dark places, moving objects from across the room. I'm going to post more on magic lore when I get a chance :D

Daleeria
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!