Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Age of Alliance: Serpent's Call

Character Skeleton Companion

a part of “Age of Alliance: Serpent's Call”, a fictional universe by Gray.

The Pestilence strikes with deadly fangs, let's waltz right into its business.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Age of Alliance: Serpent's Call”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gray on Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:39 pm

Last edited by Gray on Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gray
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Character Skeleton Companion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:57 pm

aka, HELP!!!

『Getting Accepted』
  • Wudgeous: Be aware that I (and Gray I guess) can reject your character, even if we personally invited you to try submitting one. BE AWARE THAT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I HATE YOU! I like most everyone, I promise, I just intend this roleplay to be as well-rounded as possible.

• Please send ideas and WIPs via private message to Gray who will then forward it to Wudgeous who will do all the heavy lifting before we shoot it back to you.

• Gray: This is a primarily 『combat-based, team-based roleplay,』 so most characters should be based in melee or support so as to not slow the party down.
    ON THAT NOTE, we do NOT want characters designed exclusively to be the best at fighting and have zero personality!!! This is the easiest way for you to get rejected!
    Don't worry about being stronger than your party members; worry about having a good character.

• One character per person for now. <3 We will announce in the OOC if the option to have more is available, but for now it would be best to choose your first character carefully.

『Character Stuff』
  • Gray: See the class page for tips on giving your character an AoA "elvish" or "orcish" name!

• If you're unsure about how to distribute your stats, it's okay. We will give you more points to add to your skills as the roleplay goes on, so it's good to give your character room to grow.

• Your character is allowed to have some backstory with other races, but please avoid making them adopted by an entirely different culture than their own. We prefer elves to be raised by elves, orcs by orcs, humans by humans. Work with what you've got, dammit!

• More specifically, no halfbreeds! Again. NO HALFBREEDS! We do not deal in halfbreeds. Sorry to rain on the parade, kids. Yes, of course naughty bits have mashed in the interracial sense, but this rarely produces children.

• No Deus Angst Machina. No overly angsty characters. While I won't be able to tell for sure until you put the kiddo into practice, I will probably hate you if you shove in too much angst potential.

• Please avoid recognizable face claims. Aka, steer away from famous actors, especially of the LOTR and Game of Thrones ilk. Gifs are great, but let's not be super reliant on them. Also, please make sure your pictures are no taller than 800 pixels. Good grief.
    We like photoshop here, so you get points for altering your own photos (or asking for help!)

『Wudge Tips』
  • Ask questions! There are no dumb questions! We are friendly people who like to talk and check our inboxes, and it's okay to be unsure of things. I'd rather you bug me than assume something major that I'll have to sadly correct you about later.

• Start panicking if I'm coming up with more and better things for your character than you are. I mean, seriously. You realize I won't be roleplaying for you, right? Brainstorm, throw as many unique, flawless ideas at me as you can. Render me speechless!

• I HAVE AN ATTITUDE SOMETIMES. I'M BLUNT. But I'm more laid back than I appear, I promise. :) I'll probably tell you I love you (and mean it) like, every other day. So don't mind me too terribly if something sounds mean, because I do nooot intend to hurt your feelings unless it will help you grow and flourish like the beautiful daisies that you are. Sometimes I'm sassy, too--don't take it personally.
Last edited by Wudgeous on Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Character Skeleton Companion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:07 pm

If you need help formatting, or are generally confused by BBCode, please fill it out as best you can, then PM a copy to Wudgeous...
Code: Select all
in this format via [code] tag.

This section is for those of us who aren't too familiar with filling out an extensive character sheet.
I designed the Companion to be sort of a encyclopedia of terms found in the Skeleton; if you're having trouble thinking of what to write for "personality," then a quick Ctrl+F "Personality" should help you out. If you're not sure what "Moral Alignment" is asking you, Ctrl+F "Moral Alignment"!

(Also, if you're wondering why it looks different from the skeleton code above: I stripped off formatting and a few fields for easy and quick reading.)

[url=Begin your sheet with music if applicable]

"A quote from your character."

A central image, and your character's full name.

SEE OTHER PROFILES if you have trouble with the above section!

*INTRODUCTION
"Go on, tell us about yourself."
*"These are essentially your first words to Orc Bro, aka 'the First' and leader of the Serpent's Gathering. Consider including your name, title, place of origin, possibly your class."
"And why do you seek to join the cause?"
*"Anything else you'd like to add about what you're doing here, or hints about how your character acts. You can be shy or sassy instead of answering the question directly."
Again, SEE OTHER PROFILES if you have trouble with this section.

BASICS
Age: Remember not to make your character too old (aka 120+ years old); elves and orcs by that age usually have no business being in battle.
Race: Humans, Elves, and Orcs are the races available to you. If you have an idea for another race, feel free to share as we might be able to incorporate them in the universe, but they will not be available for you to play at any point.
*Origin: Your homeland. Please make sure to look at the different racial homelands and don't make up your own countries, continents, or capital cities. You can, however, make up the name of their hometown. :) I encourage it!
Voice: How do they sound? Can include accents, swears, rudeness, tone of voice, etc.
Class: See classes.
Offensive/Defensive: Pick one!
**Magical Affinity: (High, Medium, Low, or None).
Your affinity tells you how good you are at the spells you have already learned, and how quickly might have learned them.
High and medium affinity means you have a limit of two spells, and the difference is how well you perform them.
Low affinity would more commonly have a limit of one spell, maybe one and a half.
None, obviously, means your character will never pick up magic in their lifetime.
***Mage and Sorcerer classes (!!humans only!!), please PM us; you will probably be allowed to have slightly more than two spells.

APPEARANCE
Complexion: Skin tone and general healthiness of the flesh.
Height: No crazy basketball player heights please. Be realistic.
Build: Masculine or wiry or gelatinous or whatnot.
Body Markings: Include scars and tattoos.

DESCRIPTION
Describe their face and visual age. How do they carry themselves with their posture and apparent attitude? What clothing styles and colors are they generally drawn to? Other unique body features? Etc.

*MENTALITY
**Moral Alignment: LAWFUL/CHAOTIC, COMPASSIONATE/EGOCENTRIC.
Is your character LAWFUL or CHAOTIC? Lawful characters strongly believe in following rules and being a good contributing member of society, whereas chaotic characters tend to value freedom over order.
And is your character more COMPASSIONATE or EGOCENTRIC? Compassionate characters care deeply about other people getting what they want and being happy, whereas an egocentric character will always put themselves first.
I'd prefer if everyone was not NEUTRAL, but that too is an option. We chose to use the Compassionate/Egocentric system in place of the usual "Good/Evil," since the latter of which becomes a bit contrite when everyone's on the "good guy" team.

PERSONALITY
Write a paragraph or two on how they generally like to act and think. What makes them happy and what makes them angry? How do they behave in different situations?

Fears: What are they scared of?! what gives them the heebie geebies? Bonus points for giving reasons why.

Quirks:
  • What is a trait that makes your character one of a kind? Does he pick his nose in public?
  • Or maybe he scratches his balls in public
  • Or she has a strong, unreasonable hatred of the color orange.

Ethic Values
What rules do they have to govern their behavior? Do they they kill or otherwise perform under certain conditions?

Agenda: What motivates you on a personal level? What do you hope to accomplish?

ARMAMENT

Armor: Include material and heaviness.
Clothing: What do they wear underneath/What do they wear when not ready for battle? Have you thought about their shoes?
Items: What do they carry with them at all times? What accessories do they wear?

**TOKENS
Ok guys this is super fun shut up. This is where you can tell us what sorts of gifts your character would like to receive in order to begin his personal quest (which we will talk more about later), or just for straight approval.

My only restriction is that the object cannot be super common (so we won't do gift giving until we travel around a bit), and you mustmust discuss WITH A GM before deciding to give someone else's character a token. I don't want three of us to be planning on giving Handsome McGee his token and dammit someone else got to it first. With a participating GM we can draw straws, or just discuss which route would have the most interesting turnout.

Primary Weapon: Includes name, type, length and weight, which I feel should be self-explanatory (if not, check someone else's sheet). Origin: refers to where you got the weapon from, plus anything else you want to add.

Other Weapons: Same format as above, but it's less necessary to add a name. Also, you don't need an offhand weapon if your character is never going to use it.

RATING SYSTEM
[Excellent] - ★★★★★★
[Strong] - ★★★★★☆
[Competent] - ★★★★☆☆
[Average] - ★★★☆☆☆
[Poor] - ★★☆☆☆☆
[Miserable] - ★☆☆☆☆☆
[Scrub] - ☆☆☆☆☆☆

**You have a TOTAL limit of 20 stars. This is to prevent characters being excellent at everything, as we prefer more specialized (or average jack of all trades) skill sets, and want a balanced team. Don't worry, we might give you more stars as time progresses!!

Natural Talent: Refers to what you were born with an affinity for. Minimum of two skills, maximum of three. See: [url list] for examples of racial abilities if you can't come up with things your character is personally good at.

Class Skills: Refers to skills that have been developed and learned over time; more to do with their class.
Again, minimum of two skills, maximum of three.

Spells/Powers: *MAXIMUM of two, unless you are a mage or sorcerer. Don't forget how much magic affinity you have; if you have none, feel free to remove this section.

Remember that regardless of how many individual skills you have, you only have 20 points to spend.

**Weaknesses: Minimum of three weaknesses. This section is so important guys. Consider how your character would be a great fighter, if only he didn't have these traits to hold the Serpent's Gathering and themselves back.
Examples include, self-taught combat training, being a coward (or self-critical!), being inflexible (physically, socially, etc), being antisocial (if that affects the party's synergy).

BACKGROUND

Marital Status: Are you single? Feel free to include your "type" and sexuality.

Family ties: Mostly self-explanatory, see other sheets or PM a GM for help.

Occupation: What did you do before your dedication to the Serpent's Gathering?

Social Rank: How do others treat you, usually? Can you draw in favors due to your position? Does your rank carry over if you travel to the homeland of the other races?

Opinions: How your character perceives the other races, as well as anything else you'd like to add that they're especially opinionated about.

Relations: Same as Family Ties, but applies to your team. Start with OrcBro and Adriel.

**B I O | H I S T O R Y
How's life?
Remember, early life we want your race to be raised by your own culture, not adopted by other kingdoms. Feel free to message us if you need help. This is usually the section I have the most trouble with, personally!
Also make sure to include how they came about being included in the Serpent's Gathering. Did they hear the rumors and track them down? Were they sent by an Agent of a kingdom due to notoriety or enthusiasm? Or are they a loyal citizen, or a capable servant or slave, sent directly by a ruler or noble? There will also be criminals who are sent over as a "last chance" redemption, promised freedom if they survive the ordeal.

**Flags
This is the super-not-serious fun part of your profile that you can leave blank if you want.
But this is where you would put ideas for your character's personal quest! Each character gets one quest. Consider flags to be setting foot in a specific location, finding certain uncommon objects, or simply having time pass.
For example, Bob has a dead wife. She died in a certain area of Kyoshel in August, so setting foot in this area or having time pass to be his wife's deathiversary causes flags to trigger for Bob, and he may be rather surly until a personal quest (such as finding her lost wedding ring or visiting her grave) is resolved.
Bob will then be rewarded by the GM (reward will be a surprise!) for working with everyone to resolve their quest, and likely will have increased approval points for his fellow party members.
Personal quests could also be hunting down someone (or a something) you'd never managed to find/kill on your own, resolving an old regret, exploring a place (such as a ruin or your old house), etc.

And that's that! Please PM Wudgeous with any other questions or uncertainties you might have. :)

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!