Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Ataxia

Plot Development

a part of “Ataxia”, a fictional universe by umademeink96.

We are here and we aren't going anywhere. (Mythological Reincarnation Roleplay)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ataxia”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Plot Development

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby umademeink96 on Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:41 pm

Hey guys! Now that a decent amount of people have committed and reserved characters I thought that I should better address the starting plot so we are all on the same page! I have had a couple different ideas toying in my head, but addressing what this roleplay is all about should some first and foremost! So without further ado-

As the titan and titaness's become more aware in their vessels they remember why they chose to reside inside humans in the first place, to destroy them. What they had not foreseen, however; was the fact that they would become empathetic towards humans and retain their emotional spectrum during their vessel's growth. Their human sides are stronger then they previously were to believe and now a divide lay between the twelve siblings. To Destroy Humanity, or let Gaea fall into ruin and death.(Also on an off note I have decided that vessels will feel a pull to each other so we can have a plot-like way for characters to end up meeting besides coincidence.)

Once some of our people have finished their character sheets I will make the first as Chester(Coeus), who i have already finished and placed on the character sheet if you want to reference a finished character, from an American city. You do not have to have your character start here, though; if you don't want to have any interactions with him. Let me know where you want your character to start and I can put up that location, the only thing is you must have at least one more person willing to start there as well so you can have someone to roleplay with.

Let me know what you guys think about our starting plot being characters deciding which side they fall on, and getting locations put up from the roleplay starts.
ImageImageC A S T O R &:::
X X X X X:::P O L L U X

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

umademeink96
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Re: Plot Development

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby umademeink96 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:03 am

@Polarisbear14 of course you are allowed to post in plot development, everyone is allowed to, so don't worry about it. For your concern this introduction phase taking too long I think I agree with you and I like the idea of a circus being the focal point. We can use this beginning of the roleplay to establish relationships with characters who are strangers and then move along to the war arc.

Of course anyone that doesn't want to start here can still opt for a different location.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

umademeink96
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby umademeink96 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:10 pm

Alright sorry guys, last stuff I'm bugging you with for today... Probably. This post is just going to be addressing some key points of the lore that could make a difference in the role-play and relations between our characters because the vessels are influenced by the titan that possesses them, so I'm going to try and make this short and quick.

First: Even though the titans were siblings some of them did marry each other. These pairs are as follows: Coeus and Phoebe, Oceanus and Tethys, Cronus and Rhea, and Hyperion and Thea. Do with that information and you do you.

Second: Iapetus's sons Prometheus and Epimetheus are responsible for creating mankind and all the animals on earth.

Third: 5 of the titans worked together to dethrone Uranus, four held him in place Coeus: North Pillar, Iapetus: West Pillar, Crius: South Pillar, and Hyperion: East Pillar. Cronus then castrated Uranus to keep him from procreating.

Fourth: Coeus was the only titan to escape Tartarus(their prison), but was trapped in the underworld by Cerberus(3-headed dog from Harry Potter) and Phoebe, who has the gift of Prophecy, does predict everyone's eventual escape.

Fifth: If you read up on your titan/ess lore on your own NO MATTER what it says for this role-play all the titans get sentenced to imprisonment in Tartarus.

And that's it, I think. Thank you guys for being so cooperative and patient with me. If you want to know anything specific about your own Titan/ess that is not mentioned above please let me know and I can work something out for you and will at it to this post.
Last edited by umademeink96 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

umademeink96
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:15 pm

@umademeink
Alright. Would it be safe to say that I'd start off the first post for that location?
Bleach||A New Era
♀ Role Open
(10/25/16)
The Bear's Loft
CS's & future RP's

Polarisbear12
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby umademeink96 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:38 pm

@Polarisbear12
It can either be you are me, if you feel comfortable starting the role-play then I say go for it! I'll PM you once we have enough people ready to role-play for you to post

umademeink96
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:45 pm

Oh~ I don't mind starting off the role play however I don't want to make it seem like I stole that away from you>.<

Polarisbear12
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby umademeink96 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:05 pm

No don't worry about it, it doesn't matter to me either, I'm just glad you want to participate really, it is relieving a lot of my stress over running this role-play.

umademeink96
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:10 pm

Haha alright. I'm glad to be of help^^

Polarisbear12
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maccotango on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:43 pm

I am perfectly okay with Rezu starting in New Orleans! However, if someone wants to start elsewhere and needs a person, feel free to ask me as his job makes it flexible for him to move around. o w o

maccotango
Designer
Member for 10 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Arc Warden Storyteller Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gihasimon on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:46 am

On the topic of Location- If most of our characters are Asian, they should probably start somewhere in Asia. I'm not saying people shouldn't start in North America (nor New Orleans), I'm just saying that Asia would make a little more sense. Hawaii would even be a good location because the most Japanese people live there. I'll just see about the general location of most of the characters and start where the most are.

I hope this helps.
who the fokkin 'ell ya think i am

gihasimon
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maccotango on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:17 am

lol too much weebing amongst the titans. probably should've kept an eye on that; it's a tendency I notice with open world type of things.

In contrast however, I can't imagine how Chester would be in Japan or Hawaii, considering his age. How did they let him through migration when he probably doesn't even have a passport, that kind of thing. Maybe more or less evenly split the titans into two areas, one centered in New Orleans, the other in Asia?

Circus/New Orleans team so far would be Chester, Adelaide and Rezu
      Asia would be all those Japanese people + Hyun Ji? Depends on what Eva has in mind for her character.

maccotango
Designer
Member for 10 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Arc Warden Storyteller Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gihasimon on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:08 pm

@Maccotango
I'm fine with that, but of course we need to see what the GM says about it. And it definitely shouldn't stay as two or three groups forever- we should have everyone meet up somewhere. It would be a shame if it was limited to that.

gihasimon
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby umademeink96 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:28 pm

@Macco/Giha
I agree with Macco that at least for my character it wouldn't be possible for him to make it to anywhere overseas with his current state, however; a second Asian location is also a good idea for the start of the role-play. Having all the characters starting in one place can be hectic and make for a slow role-play if you have to wait for a lot of people to post before you so splitting up the groups for now seems ideal. So I will keep the New Orleans location for whoever is on board with the circus start and an Asian location for those characters that don't have a reason to be in america right now. For the people who want to start in Asia let me know a specific place and I'll put it on our map.

p.s. sorry for taking so long to respond, on tuesdays and thursdays I work two jobs right now I'm between the first and the second !!

umademeink96
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby umademeink96 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:46 pm

It seems we now have six completed profiles. (If Irenaeus isn't completed then my apologizes but at least he's nearly done.) So I think that roleplaying may start. If you aren't finished yet, don't worry and don't feel pressured to rush. For the people that have finished though, you may start roleplaying, just make sure if you aren't starting in New Orleans you let me know so I can create your starting location!!
Well, I just don't want the people who have completed profiles to lose interest by waiting, so as you finish make sure you let me know about your groups and stuff. Thanks to all of you who have joined my role-play and I, I look forward to writing with you!!

umademeink96
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby umademeink96 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:51 am

Alright so now that introductions are getting close to wrapping up characters are going to be given the opportunity to branch out, maybe interact with titans from the opposite intro groups, maybe stay with someone from the original group. I think we all know that the end game from this roleplay will be the final war, where the two opposing sides will face off for a Battle-to-the-Death style montage over whether humans live or die. However; before we get to that, I figure there is no harm in extending the life of the roleplay now that we have all twelve characters and a barrage of dedicated authors. So here are so things to help everyone along.

1: Whether you’ve sided of not there are a few characters that have cemented what side they are fighting for. Before the war the goal of vessels that have sided titan are to wreck havoc for humans through land damage, genocide, or displays of power titan sided vessels generally aim to make humans fear them. For human sided vessels the goal is to do the opposite, they use their powers to gain human trust and support while also aiming to foil the schemes of titan sided vessel since they are the only ones that can.

2: I also want to acknowledge power levels. The vessels are literally housing gods inside of their bodies, and since all of the playable characters do have gods I want everyone to feel free to upgrade their powers as the roleplay continues. I mean, we are playing with gods here, feel free to go as epic and ridiculous with your powers as possible. Like, for example, Adelaide has earth manipulation, by the time of the war I want this girl able to fucking make mountains crumble and raise volcanoes with just her thoughts that would be awesome. Or Castiel has got mind control, this kid better be able to turn brains into stew with just eye contact and send an army of pissed off wild life after his enemies with out so much as losing his breath. I honestly want you guys to go as big as your imaginations can take you with this shit, and if you feel uncomfortable or unsure about new abilities run them by me cause I would love to help.

I personally think if we all super charge our powers roleplaying will be mega amounts more fun, and the final war is going to be hella tight and awesome.

3: I wanted to add a feature that really connected all the characters together even when they were on opposite sides of the world so I think I’ve got something clever. I call it Breaking News: and whenever you are in a group that does something big, whether it be the human side or titan side, you add a segment to a post called breaking news depicting a Media perspective of a rather large event your characters have caused. When these Breaking News: segments happen all characters have the ability to be aware of it no matter where they are and can react to the event or not. I will be giving an example of this in my next Chester post because of events I have discussed with Pol in the past few days.

4: Finally, since this is sandbox roleplay locations will not be limited to Seoul and New Orleans. Once we start breaking apart your characters can go where ever they please, if you want a new location just PM me and I will get it up for you to use.

I think this concludes everything I wanted to say. Thank you all for sticking with me for so long already, I really appreciate it and love you all!

umademeink96
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jynxii on Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:06 pm

Just a note here, guys, following on what Uma said! Since my character's power is seeing the future.. I am totally dependent on corrosponding with you guys and planning ahead with you, so that in my post I can see things. It will work best if you can send me visions of the post that will come AFTER the one you've logged in that day to write. So if you're writing about being in a cafe on August 8th and plan to go to a bowling ally on the 9th, then I'll need to know so that when I write my post on the 8th, my character can see the bowling ally happening in the future.

It will make things a little tricky, since once you send me something and she sees it as a vision, it is supposed to come true in one way or another... so just remember that whatever you send me, you'll need to write about the next time you post.

I don't get to melt brains or move volcanoes.. lol So I'll need OOC help to keep my character relevant to the story. Keep in touch, guys <3

Jynxii
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Recruiter Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!