Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Laurel

Relationship Thread

a part of “Laurel”, a fictional universe by Mac n Cheese.

Laurel Academy has long been known as the school for those who will control their generation. To attend, one must be impossibly wealthy, impossibly talented, or simply impossible. Here, the super-powered mingle with the super-influential.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Laurel”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Relationship Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mac n Cheese on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:39 am

Character Relations
You don't have the start working on this yet (or at all if you don't want to) but I'm putting it up now so I won't forget to later. From the characters finished, start thinking about different connections and relationships. The more background we start out with, the better! Enemies, lovers, best friends, ex-best friends turned hateful lovers, etc.

Code: Select all
[font=garamond][center][img]Character Name[/img]
[img]gif or picture of character[/img]
[b]{[/b] [i]Grade, Group, Talent/Power/Wealth[/i] || Personality Trait || Personality Trait || Personality trait [b]}[/b]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]

[url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/laurel/characters/daniel-ahn][img]http://www.roleplaygateway.com/images/character_avatar.php?character_id=239077[/img][/url]
[color=dialoguecolor][i]"Quote"[/i][/color] || Explanation of Relationship

[url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/laurel/characters/holden-cunningham][img]http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/laurel/characters/holden-cunningham/image[/img][/url]
[color=dialoguecolor][i]"Quote"[/i][/color || Explanation of Relationship

[url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/laurel/characters/erin-hill][img]http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/laurel/characters/erin-hill/image[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/laurel/characters/christine-garner][img]http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/laurel/characters/christine-garner/image[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/laurel/characters/sterling-walker][img]http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/laurel/characters/sterling-walker/image[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/laurel/characters/nina-nikolayevna-romanov][img]http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/laurel/characters/nina-nikolayevna-romanov/image[/img][/url]

[url=url to character][img]character icon[/img][/url]
[/center][/font]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mac n Cheese
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Relationship Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mac n Cheese on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:30 am

{ Rising Senior, Influential, Tourism || Charismatic || Shallow || Loyal }
◑= Neutral | ☺= Friends |☠ = Enemies : Rivals | ღ = Hooked up with/Attracted to | ♡ = Crush | ♥ = Love or significant other

"Quote" |◑| Explanation of Relationship

"Her? An unimportant aspect of a friend's past." |◑☠| Erin and Daniel have been in school together for a good portion of both of their lives, but do not mistake this for meaning they get along. As far as Daniel is concerned, she's just another random, insignificant person.

"She could have warned him." |☠☠| After his best friend died, Daniel began to blame the girl with the ability to see people's deaths, thinking that she must have foreseen it and could have warned his friend. Regardless of whether it actually works that way, this is one subject on which Daniel will not listen to reason. He despises the girl. Normally his malice is not active without direct provocation, but Daniel will gladly go out of his way to mess with Christine, and is more than willing to make life difficult for her whenever possible.

"A minor annoyance." |◑☠| Another part of Nina's past that Daniel views as unimportant, Sterling is little more than a minor annoyance to him. He's pretty, but not pretty enough to overcome is irrelevance.

"One of the few people I actually like in this place." |☺☺| Nina hasn't always been part of Daniel's group, but once she started aiming for it she climbed high, and fast, now resting at the head of the school. Daniel gets along with her famously, the two of them judgmental, arrogant, and seeming to not give a damn about most everyone else. She's one of the few who is in his inner circle, meaning she has earned his loyalty: a rare gift. It's not uncommon to see the two of them together, or to see Daniel whispering into Nina's ears. If she is the queen of Laurel, he is the spymaster, dealer in information. Their talents put together make them lethal enemies.

"We have our disagreements, but she isn't a waste of space." |☺◑| Rebecca is another influential, and part of his and Nina's clique. Thus, the two of them are friends of sorts, and while she doesn't meet the standards for his inner circle, he finds the young woman tolerable enough. She has now and again expressed dislike for his rather large ego, but he often shoots back that she is hardly the picture of modesty themselves. Thus their friendship has some degree of back and forth, but still they get along well enough. It's simply part of their dynamic, perhaps.

"Quote" || Explanation of Relationship

{ Rising Senior, Gifted, Technology || Curious || Impulsive || Flirtatious }
◑= Neutral | ☺= Friends |☠ = Enemies : Rivals | ღ = Hooked up with/Attracted to | ♡ = Crush | ♥ = Love or significant other

"I don't think I've ever seen him not looking smug and entitled." |◑☠| Daniel is basically the epitome of what makes Erin uncomfortable around people of extreme wealth. He looks right through people who he doesn't consider to be of his status, and acts like nobody is worth his time. It bothers the hell out of Erin, and the fact that the person she used to call her best friend is now one of his closest friends makes her sick to her stomach.

"If this prick hadn't left, Nina wouldn't have either." |ღ☠| Before he left, Sterling and Erin weren't on bad terms. She was incredibly jealous of him, for reasons to be detailed below, but she didn't actually hate him. After all, he was always with Nina, meaning that she and him saw each other a lot. And when the two started to become concerned about Nina, they would get together and try and figure out how to cheer her up. If nothing else, Erin trusted him. And then he disappeared, and Nina pushed everyone away, and Erin blamed it on him. Because he left, because Nina only ever cared about him, everything turned sour. He took away her best friend, and then had the gall to show up back here again like nothing happened. Erin isn't really the drinking type, but seeing him on campus the first time made her need it. And then she saw him again, and she was drunk, and she was angry, and one thing led to another and she's going to ignore that anything ever happened. The point is, Sterling is no longer in her good books.

"We used to be- I used to- well, it doesn't matter anymore." |☺♡☠◑| Nina is a somewhat painful topic for Erin. The two of them were best friends. They had movie nights with bizarre foods and went on adventures. And then there was Sterling, and he and Nina clicked, and Erin began to feel jealous in a way she couldn't entirely explain for a while. She had developed feelings for her best friend, and while it made her uncomfortable, they weren't going away. But she knew Sterling, if nothing else, would be good to Nina. They worked together when Nina was having problems with depression. Erin could ignore any feelings because to her, friendship has always come first. And then when Sterling left, Nina pushed her away. She proved to Erin that her mother had been right about the very wealthy: they don't give a damn. Sterling's absence was enough for Nina to not care about Erin or Lane anymore, as if their friendship had been a convenience and he was all that mattered. And that hurt. A lot. Now Erin, who is typically cheerful, can barely smile in Nina's presence. Her best friend is now just another rich, entitled, mean-spirited Influential. And it tears Erin apart.

"In the end, if no one else, there is Lane." |☺☺| Lane and Erin are both in the group of people who have been at Laurel for a very long time- most of their lives. And the two of them are close friends, often seen together, especially after Nina left. Lane and Erin were both friends with Nina, and when Sterling left and Nina ditched them, Lane and Erin were the two who remained together. Now, Lane is one of Erin's best friends, if not her best friend, and if Lane were to leave her as Nina had, it would probably hurt her even more, because they have known each other for so long, and have always been able to stick together as members of the Gifted department. Should Lane ever be sick or hurt, Erin will be the first one there with chocolate, coffee, and some goofy new invention as a diversion for her.

"Anthony deserves the moon, he's such a gem." |☺☺| Explanation of Relationship

Last edited by Mac n Cheese on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mac n Cheese
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:16 pm

{ Rising Senior, Influential, Arms and Artificial Intelligence || Ruthless || Charismatic || Melancholy }

"Quote" | ☺ | Explanation of Relationship

"Quote" | ◑☠ | Explanation of Relationship

"Quote" | ◑☠ | Explanation of Relationship

"Quote" | ☺◑| Explanation of Relationship

"Quote" |☺♡ ☠☠ | Explanation of Relationship

"Quote" |◑☠| Explanation of Relationship

"Quote" |☠☺| Explanation of Relationship

"Quote" | ◑☠| Explanation of Relationship

"Quote" |◑☠| Explanation of Relationship

{ Graduating Senior, Powerful, Molecular Manipulation || Irascible || Arrogant || Illusive }

"Quote" | ◑ | Explanation of Relationship

"Quote" | ◑ | Explanation of Relationship

"Quote" | ღ | Explanation of Relationship

"Quote" | ☺ღ| Explanation of Relationship

"Quote" |☺♡ ◑☺☠ | Explanation of Relationship

"Quote" |◑ღ | Explanation of Relationship

"Quote" |◑ღ| Explanation of Relationship

"Quote" |◑ღ| Explanation of Relationship

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelGirl on Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:23 pm

Hey! Realized that Aimee literally doesn't have any friends. Anyone wanna volunteer?
~AngelGirl~

AngelGirl
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby piearty on Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:11 pm

Hmmm Mac are we allowed to plan out future relationship trajectories with other peeps or should we just let things fall where they may? Lucas has no history with any of these people but I have ideas as to his future interactions with them (including Aimee) :3

piearty
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mac n Cheese on Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:11 am

Piearty Of course, that's perfectly okay! I know some people prefer to plan it out and some prefer to let it happen, so everyone is free to go with whichever they like best, so long as the former is confirmed with other players!

Mac n Cheese
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby piearty on Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:43 am

This might be delightfully complicated but I figure people might have fun with this Relationship meme: http://reynaruina.deviantart.com/art/Ch ... -255722716

You can put multiple colors and also put colors for how the character feels about themselves!

piearty
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!