Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Monsters

Monsters

a part of “Monsters”, a fictional universe by wolfstar918.

Since the dawn of mankind, humans have feared and hunted monsters. Chasing them down, protecting the weak and innocent from their wrath, and generally, killing them.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Monsters”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Monsters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfstar918 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:27 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Monsters"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

wolfstar918
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver

Re: Monsters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phyra on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:09 pm

HI!!! This seems really interesting, and i would love to be in it, however i have a few questions.
1. What do you want, in terms of info, on the character sheet? For example, do you want something extremely detailed, so people know about my character in head of time, or more like a skeleton so my character can be more of a surprise?
2. What questions do you want answered on said character sheet? (i.e. baackstory, gender, sexuality, powers, name, monster/human, personality, etc.?)
3. How long has this been going? I don't want to post on something you created 5 years ago and since forgotten.
4. How long do you want each post? Do you want it short and sweet or long and detailed?
5. Can you have multiple characters?
6. How long do you think this roleplay is going to last?
Thanks for reading my (probably stupid) questions, and (hopefully) answering them!!

-Phyra
Last edited by Phyra on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Da Bomb Diggity

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Phyra
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:52 pm

Hello! This seems like an interesting role-play. :) Before I start writing up a character sheet, I also have a couple of questions to ask. Is this going to be fast paced? I may not be able to join if it is going to be too fast. I can respond often for summer, but when the fall semester starts I won't be able to respond quickly. Are you going to ensure everyone has a chance to respond before people are allowed to post again? How many people do you want in this role-play?
I make polymer and apoxie sculptures (mostly dragons) and I take commissions. Interested? Take a peak at my shop:https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClayLeafCreations

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfstar918 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:14 pm

@Phyra
1/2. Name, Age, Gender, Faceclaim, Personality, and Species is all I need. More of a skeleton really. But you can include anything you'd like.
3. Just made it two days ago, and no one's joined yet c:
4. And somewhere in the middle. I'm more of a rapid fire person, but my posts go anywhere from one to six paragraphs. I'm only requiring one.
5. Definitely :3
6. Hopefully a long time. But the storyline isn't made that way. The basic arc could be done in a month or two or longer, it depends on the speed of the roleplayers.

@FaddedFox
Probably not too fast paced, it all really depends on who's there and how often they're online. I'd prefer at least one post from everyone a week, but it'll vary. Additionally, I think how often people post would depend on the situation. I don't usually require turns, as often that leads to an rp dying out, so usually it's just first come first serve, but let at least one person post in between yours. And a smallish group might be for the best; possibly two to four monsters, and two to four hunters. The amount should be even, so around eight or less.

wolfstar918
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:43 pm

Sweet! Thanks for the answers. I will go right ahead and create a character. Probably going for vampire, but we'll see as I flesh out the character. Also, for the face claim... I am not a huge fan of using real people but I'll try and find a realistic photo/painting/sketch. I am not used to using face claims lol. I hope we get more people soon. ^^

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfstar918 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:46 pm

I hope so too.

And if you need help with the FC, let me know and I'll get on it.

wolfstar918
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfstar918 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:10 pm

I'll probably end up making a hunter

wolfstar918
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:38 pm

Hello - I am interested in creating a character for this roleplay. I'm currently thinking about making a male hunter, but if there end up being too many for the humans, I won't mind switching to a monster either.

If there needs to be more characters either way, I am experienced with RPing multiple characters effectively too, so that's also an option, ahaha. I love RPs like this - thanks for making it!

Cienpher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfstar918 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:14 pm

I'm happy to make RPs :3
and go right ahead and make a male Hunter. At the moment, we've only got 'monsters', so I think we'll be ok.

wolfstar918
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phyra on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:34 am

I'm going to role-play one Hunter and one Monster, if thats okay. If it ends up that more people want to join ill give up my monster persona. Okay?

Phyra
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfstar918 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:39 am

I doubt you'll need to give up your character, I don't see this as getting uber popular, but go ahead and make however many you'd like.

wolfstar918
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phyra on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:28 am

Hey, me again. I'm in the middle of creating this really awesome monster character, but i'm distraught over what i should make her age. I am tied between making her 26 (around the age that most of the characters in this rp will probably be) or something really old like 140 (as this would be around 26 human years in her species life span). The reasons i am tied is because a. the lore on my characters species bassically say that they can only start turning into humans at about 50 years of age, b. because the lore also says that they gain tails (i'm doing a nine tailed fox) as they age (like they start with 1 but slowly get more over the span of their lifetimes), and finally c. i think it would be really weird to look the same as when the other rpers characters were young, and me always being the same in their memory, as i am assuming that the monster community is decently tight knit. Now, I'm thinking either a. just making her 26 and saying hell to the lore or b. making her have been in Japan (as this is where they originate) or somewhere else distant and having her recently moving here. The reason i think the latter is slightly undesirable is because that would mean that they wouldn't trust her, but that might just add to the character. Which one do you think is better for the role-play and the style of the role-play? I just feel really unsure about the whole thing, so if you could give me some insight that would be great!

-Phyra
p.s. sorry for the lengthy message XD

Phyra
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phyra on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:44 am

oh and by the way i accidentally submitted my character before it was ready so please just ignore it for now!!!!

Phyra
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfstar918 on Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:15 am

No problem. I think either would work, as they'd probably be used to old but young looking characters. Either way, it's a good idea. But, pm me, as I've an idea if you're up for it.

wolfstar918
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:29 am

So, I've submitted a tentative character profile - got the basics down and any changes made would be superficial/wording-based. Please let me know if there are any issues that should be addressed before acceptance!

Cienpher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfstar918 on Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:02 pm

Its been accepted and Artemis is awesome.

wolfstar918
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:46 pm

Yay - if anyone wants to talk about possible character interactions and such, I'd be happy to discuss ^^

Cienpher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfstar918 on Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:50 pm

I'm always up for anything.

wolfstar918
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:26 pm

Ooooo. I was really excited for this, tell I saw the face claim thing. I can't quite fill that requirement, on account of my monster character doesn't quite fill the bill of "human looking". I have a DeviantArt piece lined up, but that's about as far as I can go on that. Sorry, I'm not trying to be the guy who starts the "can I be an exception" train. I can write up the character concept so you can judge if it warrants justifying this, if you'd like.
"Yes, I'm crazy, and I should hope you are, too. Honestly, it's all these damn "sane" people that scare me....."

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfstar918 on Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:47 pm

If its not a human looking creature, then yes, go ahead and disregard that rule.

wolfstar918
Member for 9 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!