Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Only War: 501st Hendrisi Deadland Regiment

MISSION BRIEFING: HAMMER & ANVIL

a part of “Only War: 501st Hendrisi Deadland Regiment”, a fictional universe by The 275th.

A War Epic based in the realm of Warhammer 40k. Follow the tales of the squads of the 501st Hendrisi as they attempt to survive and serve the Emperor across multiple battlefields.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Only War: 501st Hendrisi Deadland Regiment”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

MISSION BRIEFING: HAMMER & ANVIL

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The 275th on Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:32 am

The following is a (really poor) map of the area, as well as the briefing each of you would be granted on your dataslates.

I apologize for the poor quality, but I'm limited on time and skill at the moment.

Air Drop Music

ImageMap

ImageDataslate

I can't guarantee I'll always have these kinds of things available, but I wanted to give you folks a halfway decent idea of where you were dropping.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The 275th
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: MISSION BRIEFING: HAMMER & ANVIL

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:51 pm

...I can't follow the map at all.

Is the entire squad all of our characters are in going against the anti-air? Are we splitting up? I don't know what our platoon (our characters) are doing.

But this is cool.
Do you feel like you're a bad writer? PM me, and let's talk about it. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The 275th on Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:08 pm

I apologize for the poor status of the map and whatnot. I didn't have much time yesterday, between babysitting and my usual Dark Heresy game.

Each of the smaller Aquila symbols marks a Company of Imperial Guard. The ones in the bottom-right are 19th Reike Defense Regiment, while the five scattered around the center are the five companies of the 501st.

The larger symbol on the bottom left indicates two companies of the 319th Imperial Legionnaires.

Each of the arrows indicates the expected advance of each Company. At this time it is not known which Company will be landing at which LZ. You guys are in 2nd Company, and I'll be rolling to determine where you end up. Maybe. Or I'll just put you where I want you. Or you may all end up horribly off course and off in the middle of the ash wastes with the Reike boys waiting for the walls to fall.

Each of the Ork Skulls denotes known Ork positions; more specifically meaning positions of significant resistance, such as Anti Air installations or suspected fortresses.

The crosshairs indicate where primary targets are.
The Central reticule is objective 1: Capturing the industrial complex.

The reticule in the top-left is objective 2: The mine entrance. I can't believe nobody could tell, as it should have been very obvious given the land gradient and the structure arranged in just such a configuration as to obviously be a mine.

The one on the bottom right is objective 3: Disabling the exterior ash walls that are keeping the 19th from advancing.

The two on the bottom left are objective 4: Capturing or destroying the primary anti-air defenses that were installed prior to invasion.

As to the disposition of the squad and what your specific objectives will be, only time will tell.

I hope that's a little more illuminating than the map originally was.

The 275th
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

MISSION UPDATE: HAMMER & ANVIL

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The 275th on Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:06 pm

MISSION UPDATE

Rough Legend:
- Each hex indicates 30m.
- Black structures are densely built areas with plenty of cover and positions to strike from.
- Dark gray structures are open areas with significant cover from direct-fire weaponry, but no overhead cover.
- Light gray indicates roads which, by virtue of their function, have generally light cover in the form of abandoned or burnt out vehicles.

The red arrows are Imperial positions of advance.

Landfall has begun. Solar Squad is currently spread out over the north-west of the primary mission zone; this makes it their mission, as part of the three leading Companies, to ensure that the central administration, refineries and forgeworks are wrested from Ork control.

The central structure has been built into an immense fortress, and must be approached with extreme caution.

3rd Company is presumably engaging, albeit slowly.

2nd Company, to which Solar Squad is attached, has been spread out into the surrounding habitation and refinery areas, as well as across the large roadway.

The 275th
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The 275th on Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:41 pm

MISSION UPDATE

Rough Legend:
- Each hex indicates 30m.
- Black structures are densely built areas with plenty of cover and positions to strike from.
- Dark gray structures are open areas with significant cover from direct-fire weaponry, but no overhead cover.
- Light gray indicates roads which, by virtue of their function, have generally light cover in the form of abandoned or burnt out vehicles.

The red arrows are Imperial positions of advance.

The tiered crosshairs indicate incoming Imperial Fire Support.

The situation has become chaotic as Imperial Fire Support is called in to rain munitions down on the enemy- and, incidentally, on friendly positions as well. While 2nd Company struggles to maintain their landing zone, hold it from the oncoming waves of Orks, and begin the push towards their objectives, they are still plagued with incomplete squads and scattered forces.

To make matters worse, not all of the Orkish armor was blasted into the sky, and is now beginning to flank the 2nd company from the south- and, known only to one misplaced Trooper, from the West.

The situation is dire before the battle has even truly begun- but such is the way the Imperial Guard operates, and it is from such conditions they must pull themselves to victory.

The 275th
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!