Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Deep 17: Contingency

a part of “Deep 17: Contingency”, a fictional universe by MartinVole.

In the underground labs beings of all forms and origins, born and created, have been contained with the ideal of conditioning them towards advancing the world , making it greater. They thought they could keep it under control, that nothing could go wrong.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Deep 17: Contingency”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:30 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Deep 17: Contingency"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Honor and arrogance are two sides of the same coin. We don't need standards like "honor," we just need mutual respect, and to do right by ourselves, as well as others.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MartinVole
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Streamwatcher Person of Interest Bug Hunter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Group Theory Giver

Re: Deep 17: Contingency

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:01 pm

Haven't seen another "human experiment" roleplay in a long while, it'd be fun to play one again. It's funny that you mention a "juggernaut" in the intro though, as I had a character called just that that I was thinking of re hashing for this.

Quick question, if we do manage to escape the facility will the roleplay continue beyond that or does it just end there?
Last edited by Wake on Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:08 pm

I'm actually interested in knowing that, since I have an accepted character with a goal once she escapes...

Senpai
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:40 pm

That is a good question! I was going to leave that up to the popular vote upon the participants. It can, yes.

MartinVole
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Streamwatcher Person of Interest Bug Hunter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Group Theory Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:35 pm

Aww, what happened to Senpai's existing character? I was thinking of joining this RP mostly because I thought of a character idea that would have had a really funny dynamic with somebody crazy like Nina.

I may join anyway, because now I really want to use this chara, but still... :/

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:37 pm

I wiped it because I wanted to play something different. But if you let me know what's going on with the character to couple with NIna, I may be convinced to double again. Let me know, Fey.

Senpai
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Legate on Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:41 pm

Hey, I had an idea that I might play the security forces of the facility, or at least a squad or so of them. Let me know what you think

Legate
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:55 pm

Sure, shoot it my way or... our way, however you prefer.

Edit: So under what conditions would everyone like to start this out? I guess more specifically, when would everyone like to begin?

MartinVole
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:36 am

Dunno. I've already mostly got Myrion's role planned out, so I'm pretty much ready whenever everybody else is.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:23 pm

Well on that note, and on this post, you are all free to start whenever!

MartinVole
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:10 am

Um, if possible could I join too? It seems interesting and I'd like to give it a try. Got a character in mind too. If it's a no go, then nevermind, and good luck with the roleplay!
"Fire flows hot in my blood, sparking through my nerves and veins. Heat curls deep in my belly, enveloping this body with warmth and turning into power. And with this power, everything I will shall burn."

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:47 pm

Alle, it shouldn't be a problem. We actually only have about 4 players, despite the character number. I'm sure it'll be fine. Having more options on people for Jess to "imprint" upon would be in my best interest, too. I've already found Nina's dynamic duo. I recommend just going ahead and submitting a character anyway.

Senpai
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:48 pm

Go right ahead, we are only just starting so don't think that just because we are posting you are locked out. =)

MartinVole
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:28 am

I may be interested in slinking in. Four years going and I still can't seem to give up trying to play an experiment, in hopes of joining this particular subject matter of RP, that would survive for longer than a month. I'm fiddling with a reworked idea to play with.

Aramay
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:34 am

Sorry that I haven't jumped in with posting yet. Partly it's because I haven't worked up how I'm going to revise Randle's profile for this roleplay. That and I'm also thinking of dropping another character, Bardon into this, once I figure out a decent way of revising him to fit.

In the mean time though I guess I will be taking a look at what's been happening and get started on the first of Randy's many rampages.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:05 am

Whoo, I'll get to it then! Tomorrow though, I'm kind of running without sleep and my head's all fuzzy. I'll tweak it tomorrow. :D

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:41 am

I think I'm about out of revision ideas for the character profile. Though I think the only question now is where to put Kai level wise, or in relation to the other current characters. Kinda glad I waited to type it up when I was super tired because I never would have come up with the photo shoot massacre section of the back story while well rested. XD

Aramay
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:34 am

I'm thinking of adding another character who's power is song and sound creation in general. Would that be ok? And I'm working on my post now, should be up later I think.

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:26 am

I'm fine with people having multiple characters as long as they can manage it. Would be only fair too since I have several in this.

MartinVole
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:50 am

I have a question. Are people still posting in specific locations to know where everyone is or are they going off of the activity log/one area?

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!