Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

In The Concrete Jungle

Relationships

a part of “In The Concrete Jungle”, a fictional universe by Collapse.

A group of homeless youth band together to form a makeshift family on the chaotic streets of New York.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “In The Concrete Jungle”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Relationships

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Collapse on Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:09 pm

Code: Select all
[center][img]name[/img]
[img]photo/gif[/img]
[hr][/hr][font=garamond]
[size=130]Brooklyn West | The Bitch[/size]
"quote"
description of relationship

[size=130]Colton King | The Bad Boy[/size]
"quote"

[size=130]Holly Maddon | The Young One[/size]
"quote"

[size=130]Isaac Rankin | The Addict[/size]
"quote"

[size=130]Kiara Moore | The Bad Influence[/size]
"quote"

[size=130]Lateefah Ekwensi-Hart | The Mother[/size]
"quote"

[size=130]Nick Moreno | The Leader[/size]
"quote"

[size=130]Oliver Mitchell | The Failure[/size]
"quote"

[size=130]Roman Killens | The Intellect[/size]
"quote"

[size=130]NAME | The Peacemaker[/size]
"quote"
description of relationship[/font][/center]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Collapse
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Relationships

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thunder on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:14 pm

Brooklyn West | The Bitch
"If she took the stick out of her ass, she'd be ten times hotter. I'd still bang her today if she weren't Nick's girl, but damn, Nick must really suck in bed because she's always in a pissy mood."
Brooklyn's definitely hot, and the fact that she's hard to get... no, impossible to get, makes her all the more attractive to him. It's probably disrespectful in itself, but Cole usually knows to lay off the flirting with her, only because he sees her as being Nick's girl. He's not about to pick a fight with the dude who was cool enough to let him into his group, and is the reason for him having a roof over his head today. That's not to say that he can completely resist a snide comment or an unwanted grab every now and then when he's really had too much to drink, but it's always usually playful. At least in his opinion.

Cara Forrester | The Peacemaker
"Damn, did daddy get her the wrong BMW and now she's back again, trying to protest until he gets the right color for her? Can't say I mind..."
She's the girl his parents would have been thrilled to see him end up with. Colton's convinced that she's got to be hiding some type of psychotic issue in that pretty head of her's to make her crazy enough to spend time in their musty, old basement, when she's apparently got a big house waiting for her on the other side of town. He's not in the business of figuring people out, though. Especially not when said person will sleep with him on occasion, when she's had too much to drink. It happened more than a few times in the first couple of months that Cara was living there, but died out when he and Lateefah started sleeping together. He likes to think of himself as being a stand up guy to a point where he at least won't sleep with two girls who're living with each other, but a girl looking like that is hard to resist.

Colton King | The Bad Boy
"This is who I am. Can't really say that I'm happy with it, but I can't change the past either, man."
Honestly, Colton tries not to think about himself as much as possible. His childhood wasn't traditional, but it was a lot better than that of a lot of the people he's currently living with. He always had a safe home to live in, and his parents probably cared about him more than he gave them credit for. When he does think about himself and how he's turned out, it always results in him feeling very guilty. He feels like a failure, and knows that he's wasting his life away. He wonders if he should have just joined the army and been what his family wanted him to be. At least then, he wouldn't be thieving his way through life. Right now, he's so lost in his own world of booze and weed, that he doesn't let himself think about the past or the future much. He doesn't want to.

Holly Maddon | The Young One
"If she wasn't Tee's most prized fucking possession, I'd have told her to fuck off a year ago. She's a ray of sunshine, I'll give her that, but nine times out of ten, I'm hungover and sunshine is the last thing I want to see... or hear."
Holly's technically more of a teenager than she is a child, but the fact that Cole doesn't consider himself to be good with kids seems to apply to her. He admires her innocence and her energy, and he wishes that he could do more than tolerate it, but he just can't. He will admit that he finds her antics to be entertaining, usually when they're not affecting him directly, though. Basically, he's not the type of person who would ever offer - or be trusted - to take care of her, but he doesn't go out of his way to bother her like he does with some of the others, because he knows how much she means to Lateefah.

Isaac Rankin | The Addict
"quote"

Kiara Moore | The Bad Influence
"She's actually a cool girl. We light up together pretty frequently."
Colton likes Kiara, and surprisingly, not in a way where he wants to sleep with her. She's one of the few people who he'd prefer to smoke with, rather than smoking alone. He doesn't find her to be overbearing or obnoxious, and feels like she has more potential than what she's literally selling herself for.

Lateefah Ekwensi-Hart | The Mother
"This girl is something else, man."
Colton wouldn't even know where to begin to describe his relationship with Lateefah. What went from him needing some sexual satisfaction has transformed into actual... feelings?! Is it really possible that Colton King has feelings for anyone, let alone a girl who can run her mouth just as well as he can? He won't admit it now, and when he finds out that she's pregnant, he'll probably try to suppress the feelings even more, but he does like Lateefah, and in more than just a one night stand kind of way. There's a part of him that wishes he had met her when he was in high school. He knows that realistically, she would've been way too good for him back then still, and probably wouldn't have given him the time of day, but he would've appreciated someone he could mesh with so well, in more ways than one, at that point.

Nick Moreno | The Leader
"Nick's a really good guy, and I'm not just saying that because he'll hand out the free bud from time to time. He's actually got a heart, man, and you don't see that a lot out here."
In the three years that Colton's lived with Nick, he's never had a problem with him. Maybe it's because the kid seems to be stoned most of the time, but even when not, Nick has always proved to be someone who's genuine and trustworthy. Plus, he's able to put up with Brooklyn, and that's gotta say something about how good of his intentions are (or, how good Brooklyn must be in bed).

Oliver Mitchell | The Failure
"I'm gonna be real with you, this guy seems like a weirdo."
So, he's not into drugs, and he's not into drinking... there's nothing really wrong with that, and Colton isn't that high school bully who makes fun of people for being straightedge. However, he is petty enough to just think that Oliver's weird. He's got that geeky look to him, and if he's not into drugs, he must be into some other weird shit. You don't survive on the streets without having something to escape to.

Roman Killens | The Intellect
"He's alright."
There isn't much to say about the relationship between them. They respect each other's space, and Colton's happy that that usually means that they don't interact in more than an occasional nod of acknowledgment every now and again. It's nothing personal, but probably preferred on both ends.
Last edited by Thunder on Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Thunder
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writer on Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:03 am

"Brooklyn gets angry a lot, but she's so funny, right?"
Holly likes Brooklyn. No matter how many time the brunette tells her to fuck off, and that she never wants to hear her speak again, or how many times she and Lateefah fight, Holly continues to try to befriend her. She thinks Brooklyn is pretty and cool, and the fact that she always seems to have money that she can spend on clothes and things is fascinating to her.

"I love, love, love Cara, but she left and hasn't even come to visit us, so I think, maybe she died."
Before Cara left, she was probably the person that Holly spent the most time with, aside from Lateefah. Cara always willing to hang out with Holly, brought her to the movies and to get real food, and had a level of patience with her that Holly was only used to seeing in Tee. Following her disappearance, Holly was definitely confused and upset. She didn't get how Cara could just leave, and why she would, since in Holly's mind, they were all the friends that Cara could have, since that was the circumstance for her.

"I don't think that I like him that much. Well, I like him sometimes, but when Tee doesn't like him, then I don't either because he looks too scruffy. "
If Colton looked more like Zac Efron, Holly would probably prefer him more.

"I like dogs and the color purple, and I today I told Tee to get me orange nail polish because I want to paint my nails orange."
Holly had issues even before the neglect turned to physical abuse, and physical abuse turned to sexual abuse, so there's no disputing that a lot of her problems would have plagued her anyway. However, whether they would have made her this delayed and regressed, had she been living in a safe and loving environment, is definitely disputable. It's hard to say whether part of her problems could be mended through therapy, and if she's possibly holding onto this safe place in her mind, where everything is nice and easy and bright, because it's so much less painful than recalling and facing everything she's been through. Right now, it's not a choice for her, or something that she would grasp as being a possibility, but it's not an impossibility either. For now, Holly is innocently happy with herself, so long as she is able to block out the horrible things that happened to her years ago. She may not be where she needs to be in life in order to flourish, or even survive, but for now (and in her mind, forever), she has Tee to help her, and that's enough for her.

"quote"

"She has a lot of tattoos, but none of them are of dogs, but she's still nice, even though she does drugs, I think."
The unpredictability of Kiara is usually amusing to Holly, but sometimes startling too. It's not like Kiara's the only person who drinks a lot or uses drugs, because it's more rare for people to not do that here than it is to do it, but seeing it with Kiara, who she thinks is her friend, bothers Holly more.

"She's my best friend in the world. Did you know that we used to have a pool at our old house?"
Lateefah is Holly's everything. She's the only true family member that she's ever had, and the only person who actually cares about her well being. Holly clearly adores Tee, and likely wouldn't fare well in New York, and in life in general without her sister. It's a wonder how the girl is able to handle Holly day and night, when usually, it takes only a few minutes for people to reach their daily limit of her. Holly isn't fully aware of everything that Lateefah has sacrificed for her, but she loves her unconditionally.

Nick Moreno | The Leader
"I like Nick, but not when Brooklyn is mad at him."

"Well, Oliver said that he worked in a candy store, but I don't know if that's really true because he doesn't smell like Starbursts and chocolate. I like him though. He's always nice."
With Holly being as open to friendships and any interaction as she is, there's no reason for her to not like Oliver. He doesn't yell at her, he doesn't do drugs or get drunk, and he will usually entertain whatever conversation she tries to make, for at least a little while.

"Roman's nice, right? Well, he does speak differently, but it's just because he's not from America, and they have accents in the place he's from. He talks like Mary Poppins or Wendy from Peter Pan."
It's easy for any and everyone to catch Holly's attention, and Roman's no exception. Whether she's questioning his tattoos, his accent, or why his knuckles are purple, she never seems to have a shortage of questions for the boy. He's usually nice enough towards her, and sometimes even engaging if he's entertained by whatever she's doing to Brooklyn, so she normally will not hesitate to approach him.

Last edited by Writer on Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Writer
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby predictmeifyoucan on Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:05 am

"It took a while, but now Brooke is one of my closest friends."
Roman met Brooke when he was fourteen. Like basically everyone who interacts with her, he clashed with her almost immediately. He was far more timid and scared then than he is now, and so since he never vocalized anything, more so because he didn't want Nick to get mad at him for pissing off his girlfriend, he kept quiet. This only led to more tension, but one way or another, a companionship surfaced. He still can't exactly recount how it happened, but he's glad it did, although Brooke still likes to push his buttons since she knows she can get away with it when it comes to him. She can be a bit much, especially when she's in a bad mood, but as he's toughened over the years, he's learned to let most of the things she says slide of his back. He knows she's a good person, even if he still doesn't entirely know why she is the way she is at times.

"We're cordial."

"She's...nice. She's something else, but she's nice."
Holly is, to put it nicely, incredibly exuberant. He's not sure how Tee does it, but he respects her for it. Roman doesn't dislike Holly because he knows that she's just a teenaged kindergartener, but he can only have her in small doses. Sometimes she makes him crack a smile, namely when she bothers Brooke, and other times she makes him squirm. Holly has no regard for personal boundaries, which still takes him by surprise whenever his a crossed, but he knows not to take anything she does personally.

"quote"

"quote"

"quote"

Nick Moreno | The Leader
"He took me in. He's basically my brother."
Nick is the entire reason Killens is where he is now. He lucked out with getting a good guy like him. Although he isn't glued to his hip like he once was, he's still incredibly close to him and considers him family. He doesn't show it very much, since there's typically no real reason to, but he's quite protective over Nick. They both have similar personalities, both being relatively calm and quiet people, which Roman appreciates. He's not as rambunctious with Nick as he is with Brooklyn, but anyone who sees them together can tell that there's a deep connection.

"quote"

Cara Forrester| The Peacemaker
"She left a few months ago. I don't know what happened."
Cara left almost immediately after they'd drunkenly slept together. At first, he was admittedly thrown off and couldn't help but wonder if he had something to do with it. Of course, as time passed, he moved on and didn't let this slow him down or anything. As of now, it doesn't seem like she's coming back and it's not really a problem of is.

predictmeifyoucan
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:20 am

"Cara was my girl. When Lateefah was getting on my last damn nerve, Cara was always there to be my girl, and I could pretend I could sway her to hate Tee too. Plus, I knew that Cara was a rich little princess from the day she moved in, and you can bet that I took advantage of that. I knew she was going to leave at some point, so seeing her go was no surprise. I'm definitely shocked that she's back, though. I'd think a girl like her would get addicted to a rich kid drug like prescription pills or cocaine or something, not the street life."
Brooklyn met Cara years ago when he was selling drugs to the kids she hung out with. They later met again, in a club, and Cara drunkenly confessed her predicament to them. With Nick being Nick, he invited her back to the basement, and Brooklyn, for the most part, got along well with her. Cara's passiveness and tendency to try to apologize for Brooklyn, to other people, plus how she'd always cover the bill for any meal they got together, made Brooklyn actually welcome this friendship.

"Looking at Colton makes me rethink how I think of Nick being a lazy bum. Literally, does this guy do anything other than smoke and sleep?"
There isn't much of a relationship here, but the one that is there isn't great. Brooklyn naturally has a mouth that gets her into trouble, and Colton develops one when he's drunk. She doesn't take how verbally and physically handsy he can get very well, so when those occasions turn up, she's definitely more on the disliking him side than she is on an average day.

"I will sacrifice the money to buy a muzzle for this obnoxious, red headed child if Lateefah can't do it herself."
Brooklyn would never admit that she likes Holly, because she's consistently the one snapping at her. Whether it's Holly waking her up at six in the morning when she just fell asleep at five, or Holly touching her things, asking her questions... it's just too much. Everything about her is loud and bright and obnoxious. On the surface level, it's all of that that results in Brooklyn telling Holly to fuck off, and berating Lateefah for her 'parenting skills', or lack thereof, but what really bothers Brooklyn about Holly is how she reminds her of her own sister. Not personality-wise or anything, but just the fact that Holly is, and probably will always be, an innocent and vulnerable child who needs someone to look out for her. Brooklyn wasn't able to be that for her own sister and she resents the fact that Lateefah gets to have that with Holly. So, regardless of how cold she can be towards Holly, there's always a little bit of warmth for her, that she tries to keep hidden.

"quote"

"If Tee isn't pissing me off, this one is. She needs to keep her probably-diseased mouth shut, and then I might not have as much of a problem with her as I do."

"Someone tell her to take her ass back to Harvard, or wherever she came from. Honestly, I doubt she even went to college. She is pretentious enough to fit the bill, but she's dumb as bricks if she thinks she can be a bitch back to me."
It wouldn't be fair to say that Lateefah is rude to Brooklyn for no reason. Almost all of the conflicts between the two girls are started by Brooklyn, but in her defense, it's because Lateefah allows Holly to wreck havoc on the basement. Granted, Brooklyn can be dramatic, and she does seem to become more offended and bothered by Holly than everyone else, but still, Brooklyn doesn't understand why Lateefah can't put the girl on some medication or stick a joint in her mouth so they can all get a moment of peace and quiet. Or, hey, maybe put that "college degree" to use and do something more than wait tables, but then again, she is too good and smart to make real money the street way like Brooklyn does.

Nick Moreno | The Leader
"He doesn't know how good he has it with me, and sooner than later, he's going to lose me and that'll be it. I guess I play a role in our fighting too, but I need more than what he's offered me."
Nick and Brooklyn's relationship is... complicated. They've been together for years, and despite what she says, Brooklyn can't see herself with anyone else. She wants more than what they have, though, and it just doesn't seem like Nick will ever get his act together. It's true that she could probably pull more weight too, and start saving her money, rather than blowing it on alcohol and things that she has no need for, but she likes to blame him for not having the finances for getting them an apartment. She thinks that he's more committed to the street life than he is to her, and lately, they seem to be fighting more than anything else.

"quote"

"He's seriously like a brother to me. He can be a little bitch sometimes, but he's usually cool."
Roman is probably Brooklyn's best friend. She has known Roman long enough to trust him with most things. There are times when she thinks that he's still to far up Nick's ass to confide in him about her serious relationship issues with Nick, but she gets it. She understands that Nick and Roman have a close relationship and even though she never hesitates to rant about Nick's flaws, she knows better than to expect Roman to abandon Nick just because she wants him to. He's the guy who can usually calm her down, or distract her enough from allowing her temper to get the best of her in a lot of situations.

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Machine on Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:20 am

"The less said, the better."
Brooklyn doesn't like his type. The clean, honest, straight-edge guy who avoids confrontation at all times. When she argues with Lateefah, it's never pleasant to hear. Materialistic to an insane degree, she would never be rich like he hopes to be, because now she's in a basement with him. That's the thing he doesn't like the most, it was her fault that she's here, while someone screwed him over.

"quote"

"She can be annoying, but I trust her the most."
Oliver trusts kids more than adults, at least the ones that are pure of heart. Technically she isn't a kid, but she sure acts like one. He feels the most comfortable near her, at least with her around he won't be the only sober one in the room. When she gets really crazy, he'll just kindly take a step out. It's because of her that he always tries to act nice to Lateefah.

"If he could get off the booze and drugs, that'd be great."
He doesn't hate Isaac, only his habits. He's nice enough to be around, but by principle he could never indulge in the same things he does. A druggie/sober friendship can be weird, but he hasn't done anything to step on him... yet. Oli knows to stay away when he's downed too much whiskey, because things could get ugly then.

"quote"

"She takes care of Holly, that's alright with me. Still, it's not like she's the best woman in the world."
Oli always tries to act nice around her, but avoids direct conversation. Since she often has an unhealthy amount of tequila at hand, he doesn't want to deal with someone who's drunk. Since she takes care of Holly, and the others are unable to do so, he appreciates her. When she gets into a fight with someone else (usually Brooklyn), he knows to stay away.

Nick Moreno | The Leader
"He took me in, but I still feel weird around him."
While Nick was the one who gave him a "home" after spending some time on the streets, Oli can't help but feel odd around Nick, though he tries to hide under a smile. Nick finds work as a drug dealer, which there were in over-abundance of in Toronto. He'll always say he agrees with him, laugh at any joke, but he doesn't enjoy 'hanging out' with him, especially since Nick likes to get stoned during that time. Still since he has a "home" thanks to Nick, after spending nearly a year on the alley, he feels in debt to him until he can repay it somehow.

"quote"

NAME | The Peacemaker
"quote"

The Machine
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LaurenAFI on Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:10 pm

"She's not as bad as she sometimes comes across... I promise."
Cara and Brooklyn get along surprisingly well. It takes a lot on Cara's part, but she doesn't really mind being passive when Brooklyn is being aggressive or loud or ranting for an hour about how inconsiderate Nick is. Brooklyn reminds her of how she used to have real girl friends who she could gossip and chat with. She finds Brooklyn to be dramatic and passionate, but also fun and entertaining.

"Oh, God, where do I even begin with Colton?"
Cara slept with Colton a couple of times a year ago, when she first moved in. He had that bad boy vibe to him, and though she obviously never told her father, she felt like she was getting back at him for treating her poorly by getting with a guy that he would never approve us. Cara never had any real feelings for Colton, so she didn't mind that he was just using her for sex too. At this point, she just finds him to be amusing. Sometimes he'll return the flirtatious comments that he tends to spew when he's wasted, but she's not interested in going back down that road with him.

"Holly makes my heart laugh and hurt at the same time."
Holly isn't your typical sixteen-year-old girl, but she deserves a chance at a normal teenage life. Cara admires Lateefah for taking care of Holly and she knows that no one could do any better for her, but sometimes Cara feels guilty because she knows that maybe she could do better for Holly. She could offer Lateefah some time of job at her father's company, or even in their house. With a college degree, she could be a secretary or personal assistant or housekeeper... Cara wouldn't know how to go about offering it without accidentally being offensive, and she also doesn't know if she really wants to offer it. She loves Holly and hates seeing such a happy and innocent girl in such a predicament, but Cara likes the separation between her real life, and this life, and bringing Tee and Holly into her real life would be nice, but it would ruin the idea of being able to escape one for the other. It's selfish, and Cara hates herself for it, but she tries to think that it's not her responsibility. She'll treat Holly to frozen yogurt or a new pair of shoes now and then, and she wants to believe that that's enough.

"quote"

"quote"

"It's crazy how such a smart girl could end up in this position. Tee is such a good person, it sucks that this is where she ended up."
Cara gets along with most people in the basement, and Lateefah isn't an exception. Cara was first drawn to her through Holly, who was probably the most friendly person she had ever met. Tee always seemed guarded, and still does a little, but Cara considers her to be a friend. She wishes that she would be the reasonable one and try to let some of the things that Brooklyn says go, since she knows Brooklyn won't be that person, but that's proven futile too. Cara still tries, though. It's just in her nature to try to diffuse problems between the two girls, since they're both her friends, and she cares about and can appreciate Lateefah's protective nature.

Nick Moreno | The Leader
"quote"
Cara met Nick three or four years ago. He used to sell marijuana and ecstasy to people that Cara would sometimes hang out with, so she saw him occasionally at parties. He happened to be at a party that she was at, the night when she realized she couldn't continue staying with friends, and also couldn't go back home. He was nice enough to invite her back to their place, and Cara will ever feel grateful towards him. Though Nick tends to do his own thing, Cara does consider him to be one of her true friends. He's never done anything to suggest that he doesn't have her best intention at heart.

"quote"

"Wow, I still cannot believe that Roman and I happened. At this point, I can't keep pretending that it was a drunk nightmare, and I was so lucky that I was able to avoid the situation for the past three months. With my luck, I'm back, again, but maybe Roman will have forgotten about it by now."
The day before Cara left, she was wasted with Roman, and one thing led to another, and they slept together. The next night, Cara went to a forth of July party and met up with her ex-boyfriend, and Roman, just as well as the rest of them, were forgotten within a blink of an eye. Cara knows it wasn't right to just up and leave the basement without even an advanced notice, and she kind of wishes she and Roman had at least discussed what happened, but she honestly never thought she was going to have to come back and deal with it now. As unrealistic as it is, she's just hoping that maybe he got a bad concussion in a match, or something, and doesn't have any memory of the night.

LaurenAFI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bandit on Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:08 pm

"For a bitch who's been on the streets for almost a decade, she's sure got a lot of fucking nerve to think she's better than everyone else."

"Like a brother."

"Holly's cute. She can be a lot at once, and it's kinda scary to think about how fucked up she must be to be able to be peppy all the damn time. I can't say I wouldn't take whatever shit she must be on to have that energy, though."

"Lord, I hope those drugs don't kill this boy. I guess I don't have a leg to stand on with this shit, but Isaac can go hard on just about anything."

"quote"

Nick Moreno | The Leader
"Brooklyn must have threatened to kill him if he left her. That's the only reason a good guy like him would still be with that thing."

"Am I being a petty hoe by saying I don't like him for no reason? Maybe... maybe I don't give a fuck though."

"quote"

"Delusional, rich, white girl who thinks this is a vacation... but, maybe there's something there that's a little charming about her. She's sweet. Does she have a brother, though? Serious question."
"…throw roses into the abyss and say: ‘here is my thanks to the monster who didn’t succeed in swallowing me alive.'"
— Friedrich Nietzsche

Bandit
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Collapse on Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:48 pm

ImageImageImage

"Brooklyn is the person I'm supposed to be with together. I know this, and it has to be true, because there's no way we would've put up for each other for seven years if it wasn't true. I'm not a big believer in fate and all of that, but I just feel like this was all supposed to happen so I could meet her... right?"
There's no need to "admit" that Nick's relationship with Brooklyn isn't at its strongest point right now, because everyone can tell. They're constantly fighting, and Nick, who is usually always passive in their fights, is starting to defend himself now too. He knows that it's just in Brooklyn's character to be aggressive and dramatic and spin things around to leave her with no fault in the problem. He gives her a lot of leeway with that, but it's gotten to a point where he's tired of fighting every single day with a girl who's constantly turning to alcohol, instead of him, for support.

"quote"

"Don't get me wrong, I like Holly a lot, and I know that she means no harm, but I wish she'd just leave Brooklyn alone. Brooklyn's got no temper as it is, and being woken up by Holly doesn't give me much of a shot at having a decent, screaming-free day."
Brooklyn has been pushing him forever to somehow try to force Lateefah into taking drugs from him to give to Holly, to mellow her out. Obviously, Nick's always had too much of a conscience to even propose such a think to Lateefah. He knows that she's capable of taking care of Holly, or at least more qualified than any of them are, and that it's just Brooklyn being a short tempered bitch. However, Holly's energy constantly seems to tick Brooklyn off and Nick's tired of fighting with her. If he could mellow out one of her triggers, he's at a point where he thinks that might help a little. He doesn't know what to do. He likes Holly, finds her to be funny and appreciates her good vibes, but she's ended up being made out to be more of a problem than she actually is.

"quote"

"Kiara and I are cool. She can be a little crazy sometimes, and I'm pretty sure Brooklyn's going to knock her out one day, but I actually don't mind her."
When Kiara's high is just marijuana-based, Nick tends to get along with her well. It's well she's actually crazy and devious that he tries to get out of the basement, because he knows that that, combined with her bad blood with Brooklyn, will literally end in bloodshed.

"You've gotta have respect for someone who can manage to feed two mouths on whatever Finn pays her. Especially when one of those mouths is attached to Holly, who I can only imagine, makes those tequila shots taste like water to Tee."

"I feel bad that the dude's so down on his luck. He seems nice enough."
Brooklyn likes to try to convince him that Oliver's story about owning a candy store that burned down is bullshit and he's hiding his true identity of being a serial killer or something, but Nick knows that's BS. He doesn't know Oliver's whole story, and why he didn't have family or friends to go to after his business venture failed, but Nick also isn't the type of person to press for information. It's not his business.

"We've been through enough together that I'd definitely say he's my brother."
Roman is the closest thing to family that Nick has had in a very long time, and he definitely considers him to be his brother at this point. They're not hanging out with each other constantly, and they could be alone in the basement together and not say a single word, but Nick knows that Roman would always have his back, and the other way around as well.

"quote"

Collapse
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chanelindistress on Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:14 pm

"Oh, sweetie, I highly doubt you can act like you 'run' shit when you've been out here sliding down the same pole for...how long, again? Oh, right, you don't like being called out. Well, I don't like rude bitches who think they can just get away with whatever they want and talk to my sister whatever kind of way they want to. You need to stop talking like you're about that life, sweetie, before I grab you by your stringy shit-colored hair and toss you in the garbage truck outside. Yeah, that's the kind of shit I learned at Harvard. Well, Columbia, but you get the picture."
If there is one person that can influence Lateefah to turn to violence, it would more than likely be Brooklyn. Even with the high-strung bitches back at Columbia, there has never been any person that has stirred up Lateefah's blood more than Nick's girl. And that sucks because at least those other chicks - Cara even - had reasons to actually think they were better than anyone. Brooklyn? Not even close. And to make matters worse, Brooklyn turns her foul mood on Holly and for Lateefah, that'll never do. Not in any lifetime and she's not like the others - she will NEVER allow Brooklyn to say or do what she wants when she wants, and if it wasn't for her friendship with both Nick and Cara, Brooklyn would be nursing two black eyes every week.

"Sweetie, I like you. I like you a lot. But if your friend pushes me one more time, I promise you that it'll be you with my hand imprint on your face because you were obviously in my way."
Despite how close Cara and Brooklyn are, the blonde surprised Lateefah by actually being agreeable. Cara is like those girls Lateefah befriended in college - the ones with pasts Lateefah can only dream of ever having had, but who she can at least pretend to be like. In this case, Lateefah's not pretending anything and actually likes Cara enough, especially because Holly loves her so much. But, just like with Nick, Lateefah can't stand anyone making excuses for Brooklyn. The girl is an adult and Cara shouldn't continuously pretend like Brooklyn's not a bitch...because she is...seven days out of the week, three-hundred and sixty-five days out of the year. There's no denying it and she makes sure to remind her friend that whenever Cara tries to defuse an argument between the two.

"DO NOT even get me started...matter of fact, get me started. He is literally one of the most pompous, asinine, and incorrigible guys I have ever met. And for the record, if I wanted you, I could have you. And since I don't, go bother someone else."
Lateefah's really good at denial. Like, really really good at denial. And her feelings for Colton? Ha, what feelings? She hasn't even let it be clear to the group or her own sister that she's even having sex with him, so she definitely would be making any confessions. Besides, admitting that there is an emotional attraction means allowing herself to be vulnerable. Lateefah doesn't do vulnerable. No, she needs strong - correction, Holly needs strong and Lateefah can't be strong falling for someone who would never picture a life with her. Or, at least, a better life because she doesn't plan on being in this same situation for the rest of her life. And she's pretty sure Colton would never follow her...or feel like that for her. And that's fine because she doesn't feel like that for him either, right?

"A part of me wants to just run away one day. She would be safe with the others in the basement, right? Well...then the other part remembers that she's literally the only family I have in this world and honestly, even if I were to walk out that door today, I don't know how I'd make it without Holly."
Despite the bitterness Lateefah wants to feel on a regular basis for all the sacrifices she's had to make for Holly, the two are far more co-dependent than she is willing to admit. Holly needs Lateefah for finances and every day life, and Lateefah needs Holly because without her, she would have never learned what compassion was and actually loving another human being other than yourself. She is fiercely protective of Holly, as if the girl were her child, and she'd literally do anything if it meant keeping her safe and as comfortable as she can make it for her.

"quote"

"You'd be surprised how much I actually like this chick. The fact that she spends twenty four hours out of the day 'encouraging' me to drop it low for Colton aside, Kiara's become a bit of an ally in terms of Brooklyn and in light of the fact that she's one of the people Holly actually likes helps."
Lateefah surprised herself by finding a companion in Kiara. Their stories are so different, but there is nothing like despising the same person that brings two people together.

Nick Moreno | The Leader
"I've got a lot of love for Nick, don't ever mistake that. When I literally had to beg to work at the pub - and EVERYONE knows that I don't do begging - he literally was a saint in letting Holly and I stay in the basement with everyone. And for that, I'm grateful and he's actually a pretty nice companion. At the same time, baby boy, Bitch-lyn better know how to really put it down when the lights go out or something because there is no way in hell you can tell me she deserves how patient he is. No way."
Lateefah really has come to consider Nick a friend and that says something for the girl who came down to the basement with her sister with no intention of building sustainable relationships. She just wanted a place to live until she got all of her things situated or at least a game plan officially laid out before moving on to the next venue. However, she hasn't left yet and she has grown close to Nick. She likes conversation with him and joking around every now and then is nice too. However, she cannot - under ANY circumstances - understand how or why he puts up wish Brooklyn's shit. They say love is blind, but is deaf and dumb enough to ignore that this girl is blatantly not the one?

"Look, kid, I honestly could care less what you think about me. Oh, you can't talk to me today because of whatever issue you've got? Cool, that's fine with me. Not like I thought we were going to be besties or anything."
Since Oliver seemed to have this idea that Lateefah was a straight-up alcoholic and keeps his distance, she does the same. As long as he's nice to her sister, she sees no reason to dislike the guy. They don't even have to interact at all as far as she's concerned.

"quote"

chanelindistress
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Person of Interest Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:24 pm

ImageImage

"Uh..yeah, Brooklynn is just...I'm going to go stand over there."
Isaac certainly doesn't dislike Brooklynn, but he's also not lining up to be in her fanclub. To be honest, she scares him a little bit, and he has absolutely no desire to end up the focus of her attention. Or collateral damage. He just avoids her, mostly.

"quote"

"Holly's...Holly."
Isaac likes Holly 90% of the time...it's hard not to, really, when she's so happy and upbeat, which is what he's striving for himself. She kind of reminds him of his own little sister really, wide-eyed and innocent despite the world around her. Isaac's not an idiot though, he knows that girl has been through some shit.

"The drugs alone don't make an addict...the desire to escape reality does. And boy, is that girl escaping."
Isaac likes Kiara a lot. She's gorgeous, for one thing, but he honestly enjoys being in her company. He completely understands her vices, though, an sometimes worries her for a little bit...Isaac's very aware he's an addict, and he doesn't wish that on anyone. Especially not her...but she seems stronger than him, always seems able to bounce back and walk away. She's, without a doubt, his closest friend.

"I have some mad respect for Tee."
How anyone can balance life, homelessnss, and Holly on one pair of shoulders is beyond him. He likes Lateefah a lot, because she's kind and smart, and sometimes he feels like if he needed someone to watch his back, she'd be game. Also, she takes no shit, and that's pretty cool too.

Nick Moreno | The Leader
"Nick's the best guy around, no doubt."
Nick took Isaac in when he literally had nothing and no one, and nowhere left to turn. He wouldn't have made it on his own, and he knows that. He's eternally grateful for having met the man, and would do anything for him in a heartbeat...except get sober, but that's another issue on it's own.

"Ah Oli...he avoids me, so I don't even have to put in any effort."
Isaac gets it. Oliver is straight laced, good morals, whatever. That's fine, he wishes he had that kind of strength, but he doesn't. For the most part, Isaac doesn't have any beef with the dude. They just kind of do their own thing.

"Does anyone not like Killens? I mean, look at that face..."
Isaac's incredibly fond of Roman, mostly due to his relaxed demeanor in a world with so many different personalities. They're not exactly friends, but they get along just fine when the tide shifts that way. Isaac really just likes the guy, plane and simple.

"quote"
Really, Isaac's only problem with Cara is that he's jealous of her. He gets her, family sucks, life sucks, trying to be independent, cool. But he hates that she gets to have a safety net on life, that she gets to push a 'do over' button if she fucks up too bad. He's nice to her, sure, but at the end of the day...she has things he wants, and that gets under his skin.

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!