Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

On Icy Shores

On Icy Shores

a part of “On Icy Shores”, a fictional universe by LordTalbot.

Charlemagne is dead, the lands he once ruled broken and divided. The kingdoms of the west lie undefended in the shadows of empires. From the windswept lands to the north, across the icy seas, comes a new threat. God save us from the fury of the Northmen.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “On Icy Shores”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

On Icy Shores

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordTalbot on Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:35 am

Hey warriors and shield-maidens! Below is the basic character sheet for this RP. Feel free to add to it as you like.

Full Name:
Pronunciation of their name(first, middle/middle names and last):
Title(Mr./Mrs./Lord/Lady/Sir/):
Nickname(s):

Sex:

Age(and how old they look):
Orientation/Sexual preference:

Height:
Weight:

Eye color(s):

Body build(slim, muscular, etc.):
Body abnormalities(Cleft lip etc.):

Hair color(s):
Hair length:
Hair style:

Complexion:
Patterns/designs(on skin/fur and where they are, such as a zebra stripe pattern):
Scars:
Birthmarks(and what they are/were):
Tattoos(what they are and where):
Piercings(what they are and where):

Mental state:
Personality snapshot:
(optional)In depth personality:
Most prominent personality trait:
Best traits of their personality:
Worst traits of their personality:

Current faith(religion):
Current superstitions/quirks:

Alignment(good, evil, etc.)

Marital status(Single, married, dating, etc.):

Good habits:
Bad habits:

Special skills(Not meaning powers):
Hobbies:

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LordTalbot
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: On Icy Shores

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:46 pm

Hey I'd love to RP this! Are you still carrying on with it?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DBN006 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:18 pm

I'm interested as well, working out a character now though I may not have time to put it until tomorrow.

DBN006
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordTalbot on Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:15 pm

Hi! Yes it is still carrying on. I'd be happy to have you both :)

LordTalbot
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DBN006 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:33 am

I'll have something posted this afternoon/evening barring any unforeseen events.

DBN006
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordTalbot on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:44 am

Brilliant thank you. I posted a character of my own just as a reference.

LordTalbot
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Midnightclub on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:41 pm

I think I'll try my hand at a character. Is it possible to make a knight/crusader type of character?

Midnightclub
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordTalbot on Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:03 am

Midnightclub wrote:I think I'll try my hand at a character. Is it possible to make a knight/crusader type of character?

A knight yes, as cavalry was used extensively in the time of Charlemagne. But a mounted soldier back then was nothing like the later knights. It was less a status symbol and more about your role on the battlefield. My reading on the development of cavalry in medieval warfare shed a bit of light on it for me.

A crusader is impossible really, as the First Crusade didn't happen until 1095.

LordTalbot
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DBN006 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:15 am

Anything else I should do now or are we just waiting for more characters?

DBN006
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordTalbot on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:55 pm

Just waiting for a couple more characters. If you'd like to run a second one be my guest.

LordTalbot
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordTalbot on Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:32 am

If anybody knows someone, we could do with a couple more vikings and maybe another Saxon.

LordTalbot
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iCakez on Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:45 am

I should greatly enjoy partaking in this RP. Anything to do with my ancestry is always interesting!

iCakez
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordTalbot on Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:53 am

Great! :) Any ideas on a character?

LordTalbot
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordTalbot on Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:40 am

Hey guys. Now that the site is back up following the momentary crash I'm hoping to start the roleplay at some point this week. In the first post I'll reveal a little of the main purpose, as well as clarify setting.

I know that it sometimes says in the character bio where your people are starting, but just to make things clear please comment where you're starting on this thread and a simple reason why your character is there. Just a reminder, our starting positions are Winchester (or Wintanceaster) in the Kingdom of Wessex, and Uppsala in the Kingdom of Svithjod (modern day Sweden).

LordTalbot
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:30 am

OMG! I can't wait! Bursting to start! :D

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DBN006 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:18 pm

Uppsala is good for Vilhjalma, might be a good place to find a new mercenary job. Can't be easy finding work when you're a one-armed berserker.

DBN006
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Midnightclub on Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:13 am

I'll probably start in Winchester. Probably as the houseman of a local noble.

Midnightclub
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordTalbot on Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:26 am

Sounds great. I'm hoping to make the place descriptions as detailed as possible so you'll have a good idea of where to start :)

LordTalbot
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordTalbot on Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:39 am

Hi all!

I'm probably going to start this on Thursday this week (the 3rd). Don't worry if you haven't submitted a character yet. The way things are going to play out it will most likely be very easy to write a new character in :)

If anyone does want to join before we start, we could really do with a couple more vikings!

LordTalbot
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordTalbot on Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:31 am

I may create a couple of characters that anyone can direct and interact with in their pieces just to flesh things out. Any one else feel like lobbing in a throw-away character?

LordTalbot
Member for 9 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!