Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Gilded Cage - Slaves in need

a part of “The Gilded Cage - Slaves in need”, a fictional universe by Oborosen.

The land of Amesha has been changing for many years and the arrival of new faith has changed it for the better. Save for the house of Raven Home, wherein a strong tradition still holds true after all these generations.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Gilded Cage - Slaves in need”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:35 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Gilded Cage - Slaves in need"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Oborosen
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: The Gilded Cage - Slaves in need

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:30 am

Hello Oborosen! I am not 100% sure I want to join just yet, but this does sound interesting. I did have a question. Could you explain the pink ribbon more? What exactly do you mean by 'tending'? Thank you for the clarification.
I make polymer and apoxie sculptures (mostly dragons) and I take commissions. Interested? Take a peak at my shop:https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClayLeafCreations

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorawr on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:54 pm

Evening all! :)
If possible, I'd be interesting two characters. I'm still working on deciding what races exactly they'll be, but I'm thinking a red ribbon and an orange one perhaps? I'm also with FaddedFox - some clarity on 'tending' would be great. Thankies :D
"I have an army" ... "We have a hulk"

Lorawr
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlueWind_22 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:24 pm

Hmm, my interest has been caught... Contemplating a Red or Black ribbon...
The price of being a sheep is boredom.
The price of being a wolf is Loneliness.
Choose one or the other with great care.

-Hugh Macleod

BlueWind_22
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:25 pm

So I am contemplating doing a pink ribbon and (if possible) a red or a black ribbon... similar to my question for the pink ribbon, what exactly does the slave in the black ribbon category do?

Also, are some people playing masters? I am not sure what plot we are going for. I have so many questions lol.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:31 am

Thanks for all of you taking an interest in the Rp, if at least by a small portion.

@FaddedFox- I am glad you asked, though as you can tell it does mean just what it sounds like. Though I do like to believe it doesn't just stop with tending with physical needs and reaches more into emotional as well. What the pink ribbon means is that the slave is trained to be completely devoted too their master and will do whatever they can to keep them happy, emotionally if not physically. In all honesty I had included the pink ribbon in the original Rp near on three years ago and it felt wrong for me to not include it and take a chance with what happens.

Black ribbons on the other hand are for "creatures" that would be normally too dangerous to train easily or without some strong overview. Lucinna, Dryders, Goos, etc.
Mostly any creature that sees humans as a food source or that are just too bizarre compared to other slaves to be common. The best example for this was one of the original players created a Lamia and turned out to be one of the best players on this sight, till she disappeared one day. The list also contained a demoness, angel, werewolf and a gargoyle.

There is the possibility of some players being masters, it was a choice I allowed in the original as well. However the players taking part were not capable of having an amount of free reign in the Rp. They always seemed to be lost in the story and could not get into communication with the players who controlled the slaves picked by them. It was basically the same problem of miscommunication that plenty of Rp's are used to at this point.

Oborosen
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlueWind_22 on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:51 am

Just awesome-sauce... Just wondering if I could use a character (for a black ribbon) from an RP that just closed... Is a dragon okay? Er, a shape-shifting dragon?

BlueWind_22
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NateStei on Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:15 am

Sent this in a PM to Oborosen before I remembered this thread. Thought it was best for me to paste this here in order to have these questions answered for everyone. Here they are:

1) Of course its a fictional story, but, what races are there to choose from? Anything from Elf to Lamia? Ogre to Goblin?

2) Is this a medieval-styled roleplay?

3) What region of the world would best describe Amesha?

4) What name styles are present? All I see is Kenner so does that block "Mary" or "Johnathan" from the running? (Not a big deal for me, I can make random ones up too.)

5) Does one have to be a slave or are there other options like Guards or Nobles?

6) Is this a world with magical powers? Could someone use a fire blast from their hands or control the flow of water?

7) Will there be battle scenes at all? (This is the only one that I truly need to decide for my character. Even if the character is a slave, I want them to be able to fight, should combat be common.)

None of these questions will discourage me from joining, should you say no to any of them. The more clarification, the better. I already have an idea for a slave character but other styled characters could suit me if slavery is not the only option to play.
(\ /)
( . .)
(")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination. He has a cameo on Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

NateStei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:13 pm

Mmm interesting. ^^ I think I will make a black ribbon character. I will be using a 'spider' which is a race I created yet never actually named lol. I'll be more than happy to describe the race in more detail in my character profile as well. Is there a certain code for the character profile that you'd like us to use? And thank you for answering all my questions. ^^

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:31 pm

@BlueWind - You can use any race of character you wish and I have no problem with it being a character you have that is pr-existing.

@FaddedFox - No there is no real code that I require from my players, just using a makeup that you yourself are comfortable with is just fine by me.

Oborosen
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:32 pm

I may be interested in joining this as well, but the character I had in mind wouldn't really work for a slave. Could I play a guest of somewhat high standing at Raven Home filling a similar role to stuff like, say, court magicians in old knightly stories or the like? He might also be the owner of a slave - probably just one, most likely one of the more exotic ones like the shapeshifting dragon BlueWind was asking about or something, to use as a research assistant - to create some diversity in the number of various different people they answer to.

Naturally, though, all of this depends on whether or not Human characters can possess magic, as Nate asked earlier, which is why I felt the need to ask.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:48 pm

Also as a notice, I am going to be adding Master Kenner tonight and accepting any characters at that point and I will be updating the introduction so it should now cover all of the information that I have been getting so many PM's about over the last two days.

So if any of you would like, I could give a synopsis about what the updates are here or you can read them in the finished product.

Oborosen
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fate0013 on Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:42 pm

Hello, I'm very interested in this kind of story and would like to have a try at it. I have a Slave character in mind for an orange ribbon. Something of the fey variaty if acceptable.

Also, will there be a set character sheet we have to follow? If this was previously mentioned I am terribly sorry, I must have skimmed over it. My apologies, and I cannot wait to join and get started.

Don't worry, I have no idea whats going on either

fate0013
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NateStei on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:01 pm

I'm not the GM of this roleplay at all but I'd say to just apply normally. I filled out my application normally, based off the recommended sections on the base application sheet. If there is anything you're missing, I'm sure Oborosen would inform you. Edits can be made to character sheets. ^_^

NateStei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:30 pm

Wow you had little interest in the interest thread and you post the RP and get tons of interest. Good deal!

I might be able to to fill one out this weekend, if I do apply.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:42 am

@El_Gringo - Yeah Gringo, I notice that is a common thing that happens on the site. I kind of knew that it would happen, but despite all of it. I still like the turn out if I am to be honest.

Oborosen
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:06 pm

Anyone else have the trouble of the site boosting them off while they try to make adjustments to anything important. Like, I don't know say, an Rp introduction that you were trying to completely overhaul in the hopes of getting more questions answered.

Oh well.. lets try again, shall we.

Ps its good to see some more characters on the listing today. I will get around to checking them out and accepting them in a bit.

Oborosen
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NateStei on Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:10 pm

Yea, A while back I had that issue (before I quit) but that had something to do with my own internet connection to the website. Not sure if that's the problem you're having. Also, what I do is write everything up on a different program and save it regularly, due to my PC overheating, so I don't lose anything important.

NateStei
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:17 pm

I have sent in a WIP and am slowly working on getting it done. I should be finished with it today or early tomorrow. (I think I'll be able to get it in tonight though.) Since this is a creature of my own design, please let me know if there is something I need to edit to fit the role-play better. ^^

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:47 pm

Alright, I am going to be getting ready to leave and meet up with the family for the holidays. So I will not start the Rp, until moday and until that time I hope everyone will enjoy their little celebrations. Any new characters will be given a look over before being accepted and this will also give players a chance to make any revisions they want or think they need. As well as a chance to finish their sheets and make sure they are completed.

See you all after the holidays.

Oborosen
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!