Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Skaerra: The Unlikely Tale

Skaerra Main Thread

a part of “Skaerra: The Unlikely Tale”, a fictional universe by VindicatedPurpose.

A high fantasy roleplay set in the universe of Skaerra. More Inside. [Paused]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Skaerra: The Unlikely Tale”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Skaerra Main Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:08 pm

Hello and welcome to Skaerra: The Unlikely Tale Main Thread. Over the course of the next several hours or days, I may be adding more content to the OOC forums in threads regarding information about lore, geography, music, history, religion, politics, NPCs, and all that which contribute to the worldbuilding. This main thread is reserved for general discussion on topics such as joining the roleplay, plot, and just random chat.

Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Re: Skaerra Main Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:09 am

Just an announcement,

To whom this may concern,

Those persons that were present in the interest check for this roleplay get priority pick. I'm right now looking to fill four or five other spots before starting. Once they have submitted their characters and if there are any spots left available, it will be open to the rest of the public. The reason for this is that they were present during the early stages of development, and it's only fair that I reserved their spot if they wished to join.

Also, it's getting very lonely in here. And awkward since I'm...talking to myself.

If anyone has questions feel free to ask.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdmireAtStuff on Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:32 am

I'd like to post a Tlamani. Is there anything special you want for Tlamanis?

AdmireAtStuff
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:17 pm

Sure, and no not really...?

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:02 pm

Several people have pm'ed me about some confusion and difficulty with the character sheets, or lack of.

So to compromise, I'm going to write up a standard conventional character sheet to help you guys get started. Of course, the other stipulations that I put out will still apply afterward. I'll probably have to fix that part in the introduction page.

I'm not gonna get everything right the first time around so bear with me guys.

To the people who already sent in characters, you'll probably have to go back and edit things, as will I with my character.

Sorry to anyone who had issues with that.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:35 pm

Reporting for duty. I'll have a WIP tonight.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:36 pm

I'll have a WIP ready soon. I've been looking forward to this. :)

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Awesome on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:58 pm

Currently packing for my trip back home on leave but I should have some of the basics by tonight!
Yyyyyeeeaaaaaah right, snake!

Captain Awesome
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:50 pm

Sounds great, guys. I'll be like...waiting.

Also I've been working on a map, it's....coming along.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:00 pm

Got most of my sheet worked out except personality bits. Could probably have written more but I hate sheets as it is. Sure I'll be adding to it a lot throughout the course of the RP.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:41 pm

I'll try to have my sheet finished by Sunday. I'm going to be busy for a couple days for the holidays. :)

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:33 am

Alright guys, I'll be having internet on and off, so my replies might be far and few since I'm traveling this holiday.

I just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas as you work on your character sheets. I'm excited to see how things are shaping up. We've got an interesting number of faces so far. We'll talk plot briefly after I come back before I get the ball rolling.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Legate on Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:10 am

I'd like to put a character in if it's not too full yet.

Legate
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Weilacca on Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:49 pm

Mind if I join in this madness? I'll get a WIP made up ASAP, if I'm too late, please let me know. Thanks

Weilacca
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:33 pm

Well, Antius is finished for the most part. I just have his magical level and resistance left, but I left it blank since magic and magic resistance is still to be officially determined. :)

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheNoremac42 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:01 pm

Oo! Oh! Oh! I wanna come! Are there any spots left?
Constructive criticism welcomed.

TheNoremac42
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Builder Group Theory Beta Tester Property Buyer Storyteller Historian Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:51 pm

Hey guys, I'm baaaaaaack!

@Weilacca and Noremac

Feel free to submit some characters. I'm going to cut this off on Thursday for submissions. If you are lurking, this is your 2 day warning.

@Everyone else

I'm on my phone right now, my computer access is limited. I'm reviewing your characters right now, expect PMs coming soon, but maybe not soon enough.

The following two points will apply to everyone, because I don't want to have to individually nitpick at you guys for these little things

Please make sure you give the general CS a look over and your WIP a look over. Some people are missing categories that I listed. I promise you that the CS has only changed once so far. If that's you, and you know who you are, get to fixing. Ask questions, can't stress that enough. I might not have all the answers all the time, but I at least appreciate someone bringing it up.

Secondly, make sure you've got your character's thumbnail inserted. The 100x100 that will be the face of your character when someone comes to that page of the roleplay? Yes that one.

Now, I also know that we are all missing information for certain categories in our characters, that's my fault. I haven't updated the Magic and Flow thread, expect a small info dump soon on that in the thread.

So far the characters look promising, that much I'll say.

Let's talk plot, all of us are starting in or around the colosseum of Opynonias, is everyone clear on that? If you are not, then you need to look over the introduction page to freshen up.

Edit: Someone asked me what the strongest metal of this world is. I personally haven't established that, I figure it might be something that mortals don't come by. For something that is ubiquitous, durable, and simple, steel might be a good choice.

We have to ask what is meant by "strong" because any piece of metal can rend flesh, I think? If we have any combat buffs in the house, feel free to chime in with your thoughts.

Personally, I don't focus on things like power levels and weapon details because this is not and will not be purely a fighting roleplay. All fights will be pre-planned like a cinematic fight scene rather than a video game boss battle.

To the combat buffs, sorry.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:50 pm

Magic and Flow have been given a brief info dump, sorry for the rather late dump.

I'm kind of suffering from a headache right now.

Hope it clears things up. I wanted there to be some level of parity between the two forces.

The map is taking some time, because I'm a GIMP noob. If you have trouble establishing a place of birth and describing your character's geographical history. I would advise not to make any specific mentions on directions that you don't know of and you will be fine. Generally speaking, we are somewhere in the continent of Dessor, and populations tend to be somewhat mixed.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:55 am

Here's a preview of the map.

http://i.imgur.com/nBOijwV.png

Dessor is the large middle continent. Syakh is the continent to its southeast, Jilel is to the east, and Norcuma is the one far to the west. Opynonias is somewhere in that strip of land jutting out from Dessor to the south and lying just across a narrow sea from Syakh. That's what I'm aiming for, as the general locations.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elrith Eldwind on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:45 pm

Looking forward to writing with you all. I work long hours doing nothing but I can't bring a computer to work so my posts might be shorter at times due to having less time or I may post from my phone. in the case of the latter please be a bit forgiving if autocorrect makes me its servant.

Elrith Eldwind
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!