Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Skaerra: The Unlikely Tale

Skaerra || NPCs

a part of “Skaerra: The Unlikely Tale”, a fictional universe by VindicatedPurpose.

A high fantasy roleplay set in the universe of Skaerra. More Inside. [Paused]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Skaerra: The Unlikely Tale”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Skaerra || NPCs

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:04 am

This thread is for non-player characters that may be used by anybody.

The format for the NPCs will be like so.

Code: Select all
[img]AN IMAGE GOES HERE[/img]

[i]"Nice little quote to go with it."[/i]

Name:
Race:
Ethnicity:
Class:
Alignment:
Weapons:

[b]Appearance[/b]
(One to two sentences min.)

[b]Personality[/b]

[b]Equipment[/b]

[b]History[/b]
Last edited by VindicatedPurpose on Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Re: Skaerra || NPCs

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:45 pm

"If you can fight, you can fight. If you can't fight, then you will find the arenas to be a harsh teacher."

Name: Madame Phrina
Race: Human
Ethnicity: D'homani
Class: Scholar/Noble
Alignment: Neutral
Weapons: Short dagger, sheathed in her left sleeve

Appearance
She bears her age well, looking only half her age like any other D'homani maiden with rich black hair native to the desert. Generally dresses in intricately patterned robes, fitting for her rank.

Personality
Calm and collected, she's always looking to profit from her fights. Her friendships can be temporary or ever-lasting, depending on how well the other person scratches her back.

Equipment
Short dagger, tomes, inks and quills, and a small Ri'ic Shard.

History
She was born in Syakh among the nomadic tribes until her family abandoned her and she went to etch out an existence in one of the cities on the coast. She's known Dhaxi for a long time and the two have worked together to make the most out of the few sacks of meat that come by and think they can fight. She's lived in Opynonias most of her life, hopes to retire somewhere south, maybe buy or build a villa.
Last edited by VindicatedPurpose on Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:54 pm

"I only train the ones that I think will live long enough, those are usually the ones that know how to listen."

Name: Dhaxi
Ethnicity: D'homani-Osu mix
Class: Merchant
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Weapons: Shamshir and two khanjars

Appearance
He has thick eyebrows and unrelenting lips, a scar runs across his right eye. He dresses similar to most D'homani, with a thawb and keffiyeh and cuirass beneath. His belt is adorned with the head of a lamassu.

Personality
He has a mercurial temper, not hesitating to dismiss those who would waste his time. He can also be manipulative and conniving.

Equipment
Shamsir, khanjars, a compass, several map scrolls that he keeps in goatskin cases.

History
Dhaxi has been a slavetrader for most of his life, traveling parts of Dessor, Syakh, and Jilel in search of orphans or vagabonds that can fight or he can train to fight. He's been at this business for a long time, and has amassed a small fortune to hire sellswords as his retinue on his travels.
Last edited by VindicatedPurpose on Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:23 pm

"I'll take ye where ye need t' goh, but trust me when I tell you my fare is nothing to smile at."

Name: Captain Eiraendar
Race: Dwarf
Ethnicity: Dwarf
Class: Ship Captain
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Weapons: Broadsword

Appearance
Captain Eiraendar stands taller than the average dwarf by half a head, so it's not unusual to hear people speculate that he might actually just be a shorter than average human. He has black hair with grey streaks. He'll always be smoking from his trusted pipe.

Personality
He's as rough as any other sea captain one might see. He has a schedule, but that does not necessarily mean he's not open to side excursions if there's profit to be made. Every now and then, he'll help an adventurer on his way.

Equipment
A broadsword, a compass, and his trusty pipe.

History
Captain Eiraendar is known as the best dwarf sailor in all of the Meroan Sea between Dessor and Syakh, the best dwarf sailor that anybody has ever seen. Although, one has to consider how many dwarf sailors are actually seen. He's been to ports innumerable, or so he tells those who are willing to entertain his tales at the port taverns.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Awesome on Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:49 pm

"You know, I don't like it when-HEY, LOOK AT ME!!!-...I don't like it when people disobey their betters, you know? I worked really hard underneath MY betters to get where I am now and I will not let you go and be disobedient like that. You know why? It's 'cause I love you and want you to succeed-I love you. Do you love me?...DO YOU LOVE ME?!!!"

Name: Zilindar Kail
Ethnicity: Sivyne
Class: Slave Master
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Weapons: Whatever is available to him first but is most skilled in hand-to-hand combat. The only constant existing with him is that he carries a whip.

Appearance
A broad man with a lean, muscular body. Standing at 5'11, he is a force to be reckoned with and that is just physically. The man has a perpetually angry look about him for a reason. He has dark skin with a bald head and green eyes. Typically can be found wearing tattered clothing even though he makes a fair living off of his gladiators, leading to speculation among his slaves that he wears it for the intimidating look.

Personality
Angry, simply put. Every time he interacts with his slaves, he seems to always be either angry or infuriated and has a tendency to act sadistically when he isn't. Though, that seems to only happen when giving a slave incentive outside of the fights.

Equipment
A whip, a few sets of practice weaponry, and a necklace of silver with the sigil for his family he made himself on the talisman.

History
Zilindar is a self-made man in every sense of the word. He grew up poor and had to work his way up from the dirt to make a name for his title-less family. He started off as a slave handler at age 18 and learned his way from there before becoming a slaver himself and eventually taking interest in the arena, grabbing hold of his destiny with it and proving to be quite the effective owner at finding strong fighters and sending them on other owners' slaves in the pit.
Being a slaver for so long has turned him a bitter man beyond redemption and, while he obeys authority and respects the ability to do so from others, he can prove to be a real sadistic ass to slaves.
Yyyyyeeeaaaaaah right, snake!

Captain Awesome
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:20 pm

"Yes, the whiskers are real. And so are my teeth."

Name: Tumhathil
Race: Felidin
Ethnicity: Pantherae
Class: Warrior
Alignment: Neutral
Weapons: Longsword, a dagger

Appearance
Tumhathil looks like almost any other adventurer warrior, with muscles rippling for all to see. Body armor not needed, except for the waist and below with cuisses and poleynes. He literally has a flowing lion's mane, with thick tufts of brown. Whiskers draw from his mouth. A couple of scars line his arms.

Personality
Be good to him and he'll be good to you. Tumhathil is a veteran of the arenas, and he lives life lightly, unattached to yesterday, and opened to tomorrow. If he dies in the pits tomorrow, so be it. If not, then how about a round of drinks for everyone, but the tab will not be on him.

Equipment
Longsword, dagger, purse for coin, a knapsack

History
Tumhathil was a young Felidin who lived on the western coasts of Syakh until he was captured and sold by slavers at a very young age, a story all too familiar to the Felidins. Too young to know anything other than he missed his mother. He was raised and trained to be a fighter, at first without weapons. Felidin are naturally equipped with their paws and their teeth to defend against assailants. He's traveled with Zilindar Kail across the southern cities of the Empire and several cities in Syakh where he's shown his skill. He believes good fortune has brought him this far, but perhaps he has not given enough credit to the way he handles his sword.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:58 pm

"I seek and I am being sought. I hurry, but they draw near. I sense them."

Name: Lir Syoelle (L-ear Sigh-Oh-El)
Ethnicity: Niessen
Class: Mage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Weapons: A quarterstaff, two daggers, her personal tome

Appearance
A bright red mass of frizzy hair, and one may think they are in the fabled jungles of Norcuma staring down a foreign creature. No, tis not but a young girl who reveals her freckled face and lime green eyes. The only features that seem to be unblemished and ravaged by her trials.

Personality
Determined, and harrowed. Lir is ever looking over her shoulder, waiting for that dagger to come. She knows she needs to run, but to where? She does not know. She is fierce for her age, survival and perhaps a desire to voice the truth are her motivations now.

Equipment
A quarterstaff that can be disassembled, two daggers, her personal tome, a bota, a purse for coin

History
Lir Syoelle was a student at the University of Magic in the Imperial City of Aetumnas. She was in her first year of advanced studies at the Academy of the Arcane. She was a prodigal student, well loved and admired by her teachers and what few friends she made there. Now, she is on the run from assassins, because she stumbled onto a secret with two of her fellow classmates, who are dead now. Leaving her the sole survivor and only witness to the horrors unfolding at the Academy. She seeks help, but from whom? Who can help her?

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Awesome on Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:06 pm

"What can I say? I have a fun time helping out here and it pays good. I may not drink but I think sobriety is a good quality to have when working at a bar and interacting with customers."

Name: Hans Holst, known by the locals as 'Handsome Hans' or 'Happy Hans'.
Class: Working Citizen
Alignment: Lawful Good
Weapons: No personal weaponry but the barkeep stores an axe behind the counter in the event of an unruly customer or an attempt at theft.

Appearance
A handsome young man with soft brown hair and gentle brown eyes. While he does not have a lot of confidence in his posture and seems rather quiet, he has a kind of boldness about him at the same time.

Personality
A friendly heart possessed by a good spirit. After speaking but a word to him in conversation one can count themselves as eligible for him to help out at a moments notice. At least, if he recognizes a good person in his sight. He seems to have a subconscious talent for picking up on a good soul.

Equipment
A hand towel and a coin purse.

History
Hans grew up the son of servant to a wealthy aristocrat. His father was always a loyal man to his employer and was often treated really well and trusted for his charming appeal. The family lived well and Hans always looked up to his father.
'Like father, like son', as the old saying goes, Hans liked the appeal of a career in direct service toward other people. He learned from his father at home as best as he could and landed a job at the local tavern with the hopes that he can be considered good enough to get noticed by a private employer and pick up a more prosperous and more personal job. Despite being a quiet fellow by nature, he began making a name for himself as a friendly young man who a representative of any walk of life around could talk to.
He soon grew to like the life of a tavern boy, though. He even turned down a job offer when, much to the surprise of everyone, he got an offer as a personal servant to the aristocratic. He liked being able to converse and befriend the tavern frequents and loved his job. Why settle for one family when he could serve so many others?
This mentality would soon send him on a date with destiny as the Tlamani known as 'The Drunkard of Kes' entered the tavern on his shift and she, like many before her, became one who felt could rely on the quiet bar hand...

Captain Awesome
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:32 am

Credit to Viktor Fetsch at http://fetsch.deviantart.com/

"Sleep is for those who dare tempt the knife of the night."

Name: Riggan Markath
Class: Soldier
Weapons: Long sword

Appearance
Markath is a veteran soldier, standing at 6'1. He has a chiseled soldier's figure, but age has taken its toll on him. His hair is starting to gray and his eyes have sunken into pits.

Personality
Markath is calm, deliberate, and determined. A stoic as expected.

Equipment
Steel armor and long sword, Escutcheon of Aetumnas. An Imperial Signet Ring

History
Born to a peasant family, joined the Imperial army at 18. Rose up the ranks and would have became a general had it not been for such peaceful times between the Empire and Coalition. He has since been thrust into a role as one of Chancellor Isidore's agents.
Last edited by VindicatedPurpose on Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:39 am

Credit to David Ogilvie at http://davidogilvie.blogspot.com/

"One's eyes can confess all that their mouth has refused to say."

Name: Ada Capet
Class: Spellsword
Weapons: Sword, Spells

Appearance
Ada Capet has red lips like wine. She walks with a dignified air, but her capes and robes serve to hide much about her form as she would have hidden about her mind.

Personality
Subterfuge is not below her. She will do what is necessary, within parameters, to achieve what she wants. She is an intellectual force.

Equipment
Sword, coin purse

History
Born and raised by a single mother. A mage from the Academy one day witnessed her talents and bought her from her mother. The Academy has been the only family she's known. Headmaster Laius has been like a father to her and she puts the priorities of the Academy first.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Awesome on Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:56 pm

Credit to Moretto da Brescia

"There's more to be made here than just money. History, gentlemen, that is what we aim for."

Name: Avoni de Noppona (Full Name: Avoni di Lorenzo de Noppona)
Class: Working Citizen/Alleged Criminal
Occupation: Honest Businessman, Head of a small syndicate of organized crime
Weapons: An elegant rapier and a dagger

Appearance
A man with not a particularly unusual build, Avoni is 5'8 and 147 lbs. He has brown eyes and sports a goatee and a medium length light brown head of hair, cut using the help of what seems to probably have been a cooking pot of some kind. His manor of dress reflects that of one who is certainly no peasant but is not quite well enough to befit a noble.

Personality
Avoni is a man who will do what needs to be done in order to realize his dreams, no matter who gets in his way; no matter who he must purposefully place in his way. The time spent in his new line of work has turned him into a bitter shell of who he once was and now he is regarded as a cold man. Not necessarily heartless but who among those who know him would believe that?

Equipment
Rapier, dagger, coin purse, a letter from Mya

History
Avoni was born in the Southern Dessorian city of (surprise) Noppona to a humble shoemaker, named Lorenzo (shocking). He grew up as an honest man, in service to his father as an apprentice. While studying underneath his father, he met a charming young woman, named Mya, who quickly stole his heart and won his affections. The two began to regularly see each other and Avoni even made his intentions with her clear. He wanted to establish himself so that he could earn enough to support a family and then he would ask Mya if she would join him in experiencing life together.
But sometimes life is cruel and destiny never has the same idea as its subjects. On the day he finally gained the title of a official tradesman and professional cobbler, his best friend alerted Avoni that his love was barred from leaving home by her father and that she had now been promised to the son of a noble. Her father declared that Avoni was no longer allowed to visit her but he did anyway, coming night after night to below her window to call up to Mya...until her father discovered him and this time threatened death upon him if he were to show his face around the man's home.
But Avoni de Noppona was never one to give up.
Ambitious to make a name for himself so that he may one day return for the one he loves, Avoni forsook his inheritance and dreams to establish himself in his home town, left home, and traveled to where he knew there was a larger need for his craft than a saturated market, like that of the city he is accustomed to, much closer to the capital.

Avoni set up shop in a quickly developing area of Opynonias and worked hard for five tough years. The more the area developed, the more competition he received, so he needed a solution. In order to keep competition reasonable while still allowing for more profit, Avoni contacted the other local cobblers and created discussion about the matters, eventually settling on the idea to do as most other craftsmen were doing and formed a guild to protect all of their assets.
Avoni's business grew and grew. He hired more workers and, by his 28th birthday, had become a made man. But, as destiny would have it, he began to notice things going on with his workers. It appeared as though some of them had growing businesses of their own, which some of his customers seemed so happy to oblige when they came. Businesses which were somewhat less than legal.
Avoni was going to fire the employees and meant well-he really did-but...ambition for power is an ambition for money.

Now 35, Avoni de Noppona is a name of ever rising importance. You do not mess with him unless you want trouble. You do not steal from him unless you want death. You do not refuse him unless you want to be forced. You do not make business with him unless you do not mind risk.
Dessor will know the name.
Skaerra will know the name.
Avoni di Lorenzo de Noppona

"Until my influence stretches to the gates of home..."

Captain Awesome
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Awesome on Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:03 pm

Credit to Tale Worlds Entertainment

"Yeah, keep calling me 'Sweety'-I'll show you exactly just how cute I am."

Name: Alner Lynarson
Nicknames: A slew of references to his appearance. 'Big Boy', 'Younghede', 'Sweet Heart', 'Bellibone', 'Cutie-Pie', and 'Killbuck' are some of the names he is called but 'Kid' is the most prominent, as it is the easiest.
Occupation: Lancepesade in the Imperial Army, 9th Legio Oprisae.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Weapons: Spear, Short Sword, Dagger, Kite Shield

Appearance
Despite his age, Alner has the face of a 15 year-old boy. At 5'9, and with not very much meat on his bones, he has the body to match. His soft, dark brown eyes resemble the color of his nearly black, short hair and his attire matches that of someone not much higher than a fresh private in service with the imperial military.

Personality
Alner is a bright young man, despite his tendency to make dumb decisions. He is very caring of the world around him and the people who inhabit it. He follows orders well but ask him what to do and he'll typically have some kind of different way to go about matters than his superiors. Often times, it will be more efficient too.

Equipment
Layered chain mail, short sword, dagger, spear, shield, his mother's scarf, a small belt pouch for miscellaneous junk.

History
Alner is like most other enlisted personnel. He grew up the son of a farmer in the Aetille Province but felt the call to serve. Most do it for the money, a lot do it to see what lies beyond the horizon before settling back down at home, and some do it for glory but Alner felt the call simply as he felt is his duty to serve his country as soon as he reached his coming of age.
...Okay, maybe a little bit of it was to be able to wear that SWEET-looking uniform and impress his childhood crush's way directly into his arms but that is only a little bit of the reason.

His mother gave him a scarf "in case you get cold!" and he was off to training. For a year and a half, Alner was assigned to be a member of the garrisoned forces at Capias, acting as a member of the militia there. It was not until a short while ago that a portion of his company was finally ordered to join the ranks of the 9th Legio Oprisae, commanded by Captain Markath. His squad was among those chosen.
Last edited by Captain Awesome on Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Awesome
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:57 pm

Credit to John Grello https://www.artstation.com/artwork/gJqxK

"Whatever hysteria exists is inflamed by mystery, suspicion and secrecy."

Name: Renocles Isidore
Class: Aristocrat
Weapons: None

Appearance
An old Niessen with cracking lines running on his forehead. His figure is equal parts gaunt and imposing. His beard and hair are dark like the night.

Personality
Renocles is in a word, shrewd, he got to his position by being two steps ahead of his political opponents. The House of Isidore has been a prestigious noble line for years, and Emperor Pelion Loenthil trusts his counsel very much. His loyalty to his family is very strong, but that never shows on the outside.

Equipment
Cane, signet ring

History
Renocles was born to the Isidore family. His great grandfather Rutheus was a nobleman of the highest order and he ruled over the city of Icacia. The man became notorious for rising up against Emperor Linus Loenthil and was beheaded. Since then, each Isidore male has worked hard to regain the trust of the Imperator, from his father to his cousins. Renocles himself became part of the Emperor's personal Council. Despite his service to the Emperor, he is not above having ulterior motives and ambitions.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Awesome on Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:26 pm

Credit to Ubisoft Entertainment

"I'm not about to let some wet-eared recruit endanger my men, commission or not."

Name: Bray 'The Brave' Harris
Occupation: Sergeant in the Imperial Army, 9th Legio Oprisae and Staff Officer under the command of Lt. Farnham
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Weapons: Longsword, dagger, spear, kite shield

Appearance
A large, rugged man, Harris' wide, sturdy build augments his height of 5'10 and makes him much more intimidating than the average soldier, but who is to say his eyes of an experienced non-commissioned officer have not bestowed an already intimidating-yet inspirational-feel about him?
With a full beard and dark brown eyes to compliment his full head of black hair, he holds the appearance to match his occupation, just like his standard attire; a collection of light armor and decorative imperial clothing.

Personality
Bray The Brave is a man's man and a soldier's soldier, one who cares deeply about the men under him much more than any officer could, for he does not just command them, he leads them. While he is in a position of authority of his men, he is the type to personally bond with them, learning their own histories, finding what they like or are best at and working with them accordingly.
He his not a man to be messed with, he has come far in his life and has experienced a number of people and is a very difficult man to fool when it comes to anything and the years of service to The Empire has made him hard.

Equipment
A fair amount of leather armor and steel helmet to cover most vital areas and, longsword, dagger, spear, kite shield, a personal journal, religious talisman, and a coin purse.

History
Bray was born in The Imperial City of Aetumnas to a young mason and a pious mother. Throughout his childhood he often was quick to resort to violence to solve his problems but never was the type to create them himself. A courteous young boy with a lot of heart and much love for his younger brother, he often found himself amidst a scrap with groups of older, much stronger boys, as a result of them picking on his little brother. He won a lot of them too.
Eventually, the two brothers began working under their father as apprentices and worked their way up to become regular masons themselves. However, Bray-now age 23-was not satisfied. He wanted something more out of life than what he had already. So, after much thought and reflection, he decided to enlist into the Imperial infantry. While the engineering corps would have been perfect for him, Bray felt his calling in the sword.
Eventually, Harris found what called to him and began feeling certain about making a career about being a soldier. Before long, he was promoted to the rank of Sergeant and began proving himself to his superiors as a capable leader of men.
Currently assigned to a detachment of the 9th Legio Oprisae, led by Captain Markath, to find a fugitive Duuthesh and bring her to trial.

Captain Awesome
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sun May 01, 2016 8:30 pm

Credit to CaptainBerunov/Diana Da Costa at deviantArt

"My appetite for magic knows no bounds of satiety, and such should be when one is on the cusp of boundless consciousness."

Name: Galtros Penrimore
Aliases: Ehldani Barakah, Rayet Thom, Paecus Ixipas, Ulaqth Vennet, Te'Osan
Race: ??? (Formerly Human)
Class: ???
Alignment: Chaotic ???
Weapons: He is adept in many manner of weapons, but magic is his primary.

Appearance
Penrimore's "normal appearance" is a skull burning in blue flames with the rest of his form buried beneath cloaks. However, he is capable of creating illusions with his magic to form an appearance akin to other mortals. These outward illusions are often his normal appearance.

Personality
Penrimore has a thirst for magic, which leads him to act irrationally rational. He lacks any kind of emotion related to empathy.

Equipment
Magic, One Ornerame, various miscellaneous items from bags to tomes to coin pouches

History
The being known as Galtros Penrimore was once a noble of the Empire of Dessor. He was a gifted and ambitious archmage, but he disappeared without a trace one day. He lost himself traveling the world and learning dark and chaotic magics. The more he learned and studied, the stronger the hold of magic over him. Now he is a walking fount of magic, a shadow of his former self. He is no longer human, for he recognizes he is something more now. As the magic swirls within him, he is pushed forward by an insatiable hunger for magic. The kind of power he wields has attracted the eyes of those who see beyond the veil he has crafted.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:05 pm

Credit to masterbimo at deviantArt

"Compassion is like the cure that I seek, difficult to come by in this world of ours."

Name: Anundhel Eressea
Race: Elvish
Ethnicity: Sindrelei
Class: Aristocrat-Alchemist
Weapons: Long daggers, Explosive Concoctions

Appearance
Blonde hair like that of many Sindrelei. Her skin is pale and milky like most elves of Alheras.

Personality
Anundhel is an open minded intellectual, an experimenter. She is a learned individual.

Equipment
Long daggers, Explosive Concoctions, Alchemical vials

History
Anundhel is the eldest daughter of Lord Ashoriel. When the Red Wind swept across her realm and began to ravage her people, her younger sister among them, she set out to find the source of the plague. When that failed, she sought to find a cure, or make it. Her travels have taken her far from her home, where she has experienced many a peril, but none that have thwarted her will to save her people.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:10 pm

Credit to The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

"I doubt you'll lay a finger on her, but as I'm in need of practice, do try."

Name: Maevra Rhassaira
Race: Elf
Ethnicity: Sindrelei
Alignment: Lawful good
Weapons: Bow, twin daggers

Appearance
Red hair braided into a crown above her ears, but the rest is long flowing. Her face is fair, but a smile seldom crosses her lips. She is dressed in traditional elven armor, ornate like leaves.

Personality
Maevra is a disciplined warrior, she lives a regimented life. She wakes early and trains her herself always. If she is not awake to watch her charge, she will make sure someone else is assigned. She sleeps lightly.

Equipment
Bow, twin daggers, coin pouch, elven armor, knapsack

History
Maevra was a soldier of Lord Ashoriel, one of his most trusted and talented warriors. When Lady Anundhel declared her intentions to set out in search of a cure, Lord Ashoriel assigned Maevra to protect his daughter with her life.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:25 pm

Credit to Blade of the Immortal

"Speak softly and carry a sharp blade."

Name: Taelu Jin
Ethnicity: Osu
Class: Flow Warrior, Swordsman
Weapons: Nodachi and Tachi

Appearance
Wild black hair, clear eyes, Taelu Jin is a man on a mission.

Personality
Tae rarely talks, but when he does, he will unload everything that he needs and wants to say.

Equipment
A nodachi and a tachi sword, a bota bag, a small rucksack made of fabric, occasionally a wide brimmed straw hat, an amulet

History
Taelu Jin wanders the world in search of important artifacts. He does not acquire these for himself, but for someone else.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:27 pm

Credit to LASAHIDO at deviantArt

"Peace with oneself before anything else."

Name: Ishkar Tevan
Race: Ursa
Ethnicity: NA
Class: Monk
Alignment: Neutral Good
Weapons: Staff

Appearance
Ishkar is a typical Ursa, with thick and dense brown hide. He is dressed in a yellow robe leaving one shoulder left bare and tied at the waist with a sash. He wears giant prayer beads around his neck. He wears leg wraps while walking barefoot. He has a bindi on his forehead.

Personality
Ishkar took the teachings of his masters. He is of a very calm demeanor, and he never hesitates when it comes to spiritualism.

Equipment
Staff, giant prayer beads, bota bag, knapsack

History
Ishkar comes from forests to the northeast of Dessor, near Jilel. He was abandoned as a cub and taken by a pair of monks of the Sundered Earth Temple. He was trained in the ways of Flow. His element of choice is earth as is with all Sundered Earth monks. Ishkar's master soon deemed that he had taught the Ursa all he could. Ishkar wandered Jilel until he met Taelu Jin.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:48 pm

"You look at us and think us nothing but savages, yet we look at you and think you nothing more than barbarians."

Name: Jolloc Varfu
Race: Half-Orc Ahem...it is just Orc
Ethnicity: Thrada
Weapons: Twin long swords

Appearance
By orc standards, he might be considered handsome, but he still looks savage and unprovoked. Brown hair, green skin, slightly smaller under bite compared to most orc males his age and younger.

Personality
Enthusiastic and adventurous. Jolloc was never one to shy away from danger and excitement. Other times he can be quiet and contemplative.

Equipment
Twin long swords, bronze chest plate with shoulder pauldrons, knapsack, field flask, coin pouch

History
The young half-orc mercenary was born to a Niessen human father and a Thrada orc mother out of wedlock. His father abandoned him and his mother when he was young and he grew up to dislike humans, but he himself was never accepted by any orcs besides his mother and uncle. As a bastard half-blood, he has always searched for an identity, and what better way than to be a traveling mercenary.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!