Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Age of Gifted

The Gifteds

a part of “The Age of Gifted”, a fictional universe by Miss Echo.

The world has devolved into chaos, driven by two main superpowers. Small groups survive away from their control, while others work under them. Where do you stand?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Age of Gifted”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Gifteds

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:50 am

Hello, everyone, Echo again. This time, the RP isn't quite new- in fact, it's over a year old by now. Basically, we're moving it off another site, because that site is just generally awful to work with, and this one is less uptight, and allows for more ease in different aspects.

We'll have to take a while to move our own characters over and get settled and stuff, but until then, feel free to look things over and decide whether or not you want to try to join. Feel free to ask questions or anything; I don't bite! :3
Last edited by Miss Echo on Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soon we'll televise our
C O L O R

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Re: The Gifteds

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:21 am

Hello Miss Echo. ^^ Good to see you again.

Your role-play sounds interesting. I am hesitant to reserve a character just yet, but I would like to play a wanderer if it comes down to it. Can I ask you to go into more detail about the gifts? Like restrictions and what not?
I make polymer and apoxie sculptures (mostly dragons) and I take commissions. Interested? Take a peak at my shop:https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClayLeafCreations

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:07 pm

Hi, Faded! Nice to see you, too!

Thank you. :3 Well, with Gifts, it's sort of basic superpowers. Like some characters have telepathy, others can generate shields, or produce light or fire, that sort of thing. Elementals are off limits for the moment, though, because the Elementals of this canon are different from the usual expected "can manipulate fire and that's it". The manipulators of elements are just called "manipulators". Does that help?

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:16 pm

Is it okay if my character's Gift is that all of his physical traits, like strength, speed, reflexes, healing, senses, extended life longevity, and so on, are far enhanced and superior? He won't be running at like Flash level speeds, but he will be fast. Sound good?

Also, would it make sense if my character was a scavenger? Scavenging Pre-War ruins in search of advanced technology and valuable objects and what not? That could be a thing right? Particularly with the old military bases, which might even have some defense systems still online. Just seems like it could be an interesting concept.

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Group Theory Builder Cult Leader Beta Tester Salesman Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:30 pm

So basically like Captain America, in a sense? Basically where he's a jack of all trades in a physical sense, but not really a master of any like a proper speedster or regenerator? If so, that sounds fine, as long as he isn't a god or something. XD

And yeah, that sounds quite interesting! It would also allow him to potentially get into one of the wandering groups easier, as well, as one group resides in an old human bunker (although they're currently dealing with something), and another is preparing to go on a treasure hunt of sorts.

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:41 pm

Sweet! And yeah, he won't be a god. Actually, he is going to have a funny nickname. Old Man. Its funny because he has the appearance of a child, due to the fact one of his traits makes him age incredibly slowly ever since he reached the age of six. He will actually be several decades old, one of the oldest scavengers out there. Hence the nickname, Old Man. And don't worry. With me, I tend to have a balancing act: I want to make my characters powerful enough to be badass, but not so powerful as to make things uninteresting. :3

And awesome. Yeah, I figured this way, it would give me a good excuse to explore the world, and maybe even add some hidden backstory to places and what not. Plus, I could get creative with what he finds. Hmmmm. Would it be wrong if I made him find a Flux Capacitor, just for the hilarity of it? xD

Anyways, I will try to get my character up soon.

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Group Theory Builder Cult Leader Beta Tester Salesman Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:03 pm

Coolness, coolness! He can join the other creepy sort of children wandering about. XD
Aight, just whip up a character sheet for me, and I'll go ahead and look over it and stuff. He sounds really interesting!

Just casually finding a flux capacitor, then deciding to carry it around for the rest of the roleplay~? It could be like his Companion Cube. Or Wilson. :D

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:38 pm

Hmmm now I wonder if I want to play a mercenary lol XD. Argh my dilemma is that I have a lot of role-plays I am in. Most seem dead but people are floating around and could pick up at any moment... I want to join but I am not sure I should XDDD

So yeah maybe I'll play a mercenary. That way if If I do end up overwhelmed he is not a central player and can be killed off easily. lol. I am so nice to my characters.

Mercenary or scavenger.... wow I need to come up with a solid base for this guy XP I'll get back to you. Is there a specific character sheet?

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:52 pm

I know the feel. I usually just tend to join a lot of things, or add a lot of characters, and then when things pick up I get flooded...But at least when things are slow, I don't usually get bored? XD

A mercenary would be fine! You could just drop him off completing a mission and returning to his benefactor or something, so that way he could get some interaction if you decide to have him with that occupation. Mercs are pretty vertasile characters.

Yeah, there's a sheet. On the intro page, beneath "Character Files", there's a little dropbox where you can get the base. Just gotta fill that in, and everything will be peaches and cream. :)

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:18 pm

Well then. XD I feel brilliant. I remember seeing that last night when I read the rp lol. My bad.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:25 pm

Ah, don't worry about it. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. :3

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:31 pm

All right lovely Miss Echo, I have come to the decision that I won't be able to make the character till after New Years lol. I am too busy with the cooking and getting ready for New Years. I don't have time at the moment to focus on creating a character sheet. I am sorry for my delay. >.<

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:47 pm

My character is done (finally). I tried making him mysterious enough to be extra interesting. Hope I was successful!

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeverEndingFlip on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:44 pm

And I have finished with my character...hope to enjoy. I wanted to be somewhat original with his gift so let me know if you have any questions about it or really anything about my character. Thanks!
Gotta Go Fast

NeverEndingFlip
Member for 9 years
Writer of the Month, Feb. 2017 Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:14 pm

@Faded: Alright! Go ahead and take as much time as you need. Holidays are always hectic, after all. :)

@Perks/Never: Coolness, coolness! I'll check them both out right now. :3

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:24 pm

Alright, I went ahead and approved both, although I noticed something in Samon's profile, Never.
You mentioned that his grandfather is a Councillor of Defense. Could you take that out, please? The Defense Councillor is a woman named Blue, so it would have trouble working with the preexisting canon. Sorry. ^^;

Also, with Jake, I'd prefer it if he wasn't that level of master over technology. There's a bunch of technopaths in the roleplay, and I'd prefer it if they weren't made obsolete, and then there's the matter of trackers which would probably keep tabs on him. I'm really sorry, again. It's just like I mentioned, there's a lot of preexisting lore, so we have to make sure everything fits okay. The lore can be found in a link on the front page, though, if you need a guide. :3

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeverEndingFlip on Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:38 pm

Fair enough. Thought it may spice things up a little, but I understand. Thank you! :)

NeverEndingFlip
Member for 9 years
Writer of the Month, Feb. 2017 Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:04 pm

I decreased his proficiency in technology, and one or two other areas as well just to be nice. I also added the reason why he is so knowledgeable. I will give you a hint. It has to do with his actual age. :3

Anyways, with that done, charrie is fully completed and ready for RPing! Cant wait to start this!

Also, in terms with one of the rules, you said no dragons, but can we have mutant animals and other products of Bio-Engineering instead of just Gifts as mentioned? Just thought I would bring it up, given the level of technology in the RP.

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:35 pm

Alright, thank you two for being understanding! :3
Also, I'd prefer not having any mutant animals or anything. While I'm sure some animals are mutated and the like, the roleplay focuses on Gifted, so I'd rather not as it complicates things.

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeverEndingFlip on Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:33 am

While waiting for this story to be (once again) kicked off, I took the time to read through the previous events. Holy cow, you guys have some history! It's fun and interesting to read as well as gives me an in-depth look at how this roleplay is going to "work". At the same time, it's kind of intimidating to insert my brand spanking new character into the story line, but I can't wait to be a part of this!

NeverEndingFlip
Member for 9 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!