Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

A New York Life

A New York Life

a part of “A New York Life”, a fictional universe by Collapse.

A look into the lives of the tenants of an apartment building at 304 W 14th Street, in Manhattan, New York

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A New York Life”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

A New York Life

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Collapse on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:49 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "A New York Life"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Collapse
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: A New York Life

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dumisa on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:54 pm

Collapse; I will be able to post every three days. If anything comes as to where I cannot, I'll be sure to post in the OOC to give everyone a heads up. :)

I'd like to reserve the face claim of Daniel Sharman and possibly another role but want to give other people an opportunity before doing so. ^^

Thanks in advance.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dumisa
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:17 am

Hey Collapse! I will be able to post every three days! I would love to try for the role of Lindsey Ellingson and I will be keeping the face claim already assigned. :)

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .euphoria. on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:19 am

Collapse: I can write like every three days and I was wondering if I could try out for face claim : Keke Palmer but change her FC to Aja Naomi King? :)
Last edited by .euphoria. on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

.euphoria.
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:23 am

I think I might actually try for Alexandria Morgan instead. I read up on her and I actually just got an idea for her. :) I might change her fc though, I will get back to you on that!

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:38 am

Hey love! You know I can post;) Max my baby wassup!

Sorella, are you tired of me yet? XD

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:58 am

Nope not tired of you yet, Charlotte, haha! I'm also in like everything.

EDIT: I has a good WIP and because RPG logged me out temporarily I lost it -_- The one time I don't work in a google doc. I am too tired to start again, I am just not going to bother again tonight. I am so angry about it and I'm just done for the night. ;_;

Caille
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chandz on Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:34 am

This looks like it'll be a good one to join. I will most definitely be able to post every three days!

Could I reserve the role of Harvey Newton Haydon, please and thank you?

Chandz
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Collapse on Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:50 pm

@Sorella, that's the worst! I feel your pain :(.

@Dumisa, Charlotte, Chandz, Sorella - your reserves have been placed!

@BL - that character is taken :(. Sorry about that! Once we get all of these roles taken, I'd be happy to add in a single apartment or something for another female!

Collapse
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bandit on Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:39 pm

Thanks for accepting Makayla, Collapse :).
"…throw roses into the abyss and say: ‘here is my thanks to the monster who didn’t succeed in swallowing me alive.'"
— Friedrich Nietzsche

Bandit
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby predictmeifyoucan on Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:46 pm

Chanel is done :) I'll try to get Roman finished soon.

predictmeifyoucan
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LaurenAFI on Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:43 pm

I would like to go for the Lindsay Ellingson FC again, and I can post 3x a week.

LaurenAFI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Collapse on Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:16 am

All of the finished characters have been accepted, and the WIPs look great :).

Collapse
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:08 am

Marie is done now! :)

Caille
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lilac on Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:30 am

Hmm... I think I'll take an attempt at the Sean O'Donnell face claim. I can post once every three days.

Lilac
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:21 am

Isaac will definitely be finished tomorrow. My computer crashed twice working on him >> once i lost his progress and was so freaking mad because I'm always SO careful about that and now it's 2am and good god.

But anyway. Tomorrow. Completed. Yes.

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chandz on Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:45 pm

I should have a very detailed WIP tonight if not a finished product.

Chandz
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Collapse on Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:57 pm

Awesome, Chandz! Can't wait to see it :).

You might have noticed that I posted the relationships thread! I know we still have WIPs, but it's up there for those of you who are done and just want to start jotting down the relationships you've made so far. Feel free to start messaging each other. A suggestion to everyone would be to try to message people with more than just "what ideas do you have?". Even though everyone will read your actual character sheet, give them a little description of your character. If you've worked out any other relationships, let them know about those in case you share mutual friends/enemies. The three apartments are all right next to/across from each other, so every character would at least recognize the other's faces from passing in the halls and such. If that's as far as the relationship extends, that's fine! Not everyone needs to be best friends or die hard enemies, but write that. Explain that they don't know each other, and what their first impression is of the other character. It doesn't always have to be deep, but please put some effort into the relationships.

I've found that people will often slack here, and then become disheartened that their character isn't as involved as they wanted, when it was their own fault to begin with for not thoroughly working out relationships! All of the characters look great so far, so I'm sure we can get some great relationships and plot going from it!

Collapse
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chandz on Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:54 am

Collin is now complete [: I will message everyone about relationships today, hopefully I'll get around to everyone.

Chandz
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Collapse on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:55 pm

Great, Chandz! I'll check him out now.

We still have one spot open with the Daniel Sharman face claim, so if you know anyone who might be interested, please send them our way :).

Collapse
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!