Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Age of Gifted

Q/A

a part of “The Age of Gifted”, a fictional universe by Miss Echo.

The world has devolved into chaos, driven by two main superpowers. Small groups survive away from their control, while others work under them. Where do you stand?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Age of Gifted”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Q/A

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:25 am

Okay, so I've noticed that there's been a lot of confusion in regards to the roleplay and factions and the like, so I decided to create an offical hub for all questions and such. I'll be answering to the best of my ability, or passing it on to the other GMs if need be, but yep. I'll also be posting common questions that come up in a bit and answer them accordingly, so there's that. :)
Soon we'll televise our
C O L O R

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Re: Q/A

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:35 pm

Q: In Erubesco, who's invited to the ball?
A: The ball is a nobility-based event, really, where the higher members of Erubesco society can socialize and celebrate Avalon's promotion to the Chancellor rank. As such, Knights and below are not automatically invited, as opposed to popular belief. In order for a Knight to attend the ball, they would need to be invited, buy an (expensive) invitation, and that's just about it.

Q: What's the deal about Helton?
A: This is mentioned on Helton's area description, but I'll go ahead and clarify. Helton was, many years ago, an Erubescian training facility. The members of the original town were converted to Erubesco against the will, and the facility quickly became one of the pride and joys of the faction. However, eventually they got their hands on a curse Gifted, who wasn't at all pleased about the situation. She cursed Helton, causing all who are loyal to Erubesco to eventually die after a matter of a few hours or so. Those in doubt last longer, but it's generally a rule of thumb. The effects of the curse are generally naseua, stiffening of the limbs, weakness, and eventual death.

At the time of the Roleplay, Helton has been abandoned for a while, with Liberty having been unaware of its existance, Erubesco very much aware of its risks, and wandering folk typically oblivious to the location- or just too intimidated by it, given that the corpses of the previous residents still remain. There's also the fact that it's actually quite close to one of the main Erubescian buildings, meaning that, while theoretically secure, many favor only a brief visit over actually making a home there. The Wanderers are currently an exception.

Q: Can my character have a reputation around the factions/in the Wastes?
A: It really depends. In Erubesco, reputations are very much common, given how much of a socialite society it is. Think of it as Hollywood on steroids- lots of gossip regarding the upper class, actors, and the like. The exact topic of the latest talk ranges from base to base and town to town, but its typically about casual, shallow things in regards to the subject. Skills can also get a reputation, as well. There are exceptions to the "nobility rule"; for example, if they're too generally messed up to bring to public notice.

In Liberty, you can get a reputation through hard work, general skillset, or, on the more negative end of the spectrum, traitorous connotations and general infamy. For example, if you were to be a very hard worker in your field, you would have a more positive view around base than Jamie- who's practically an urban legend in his "work".

The Wasteland is...a bit more tricky, really. People wandering about the wasteland probably have reputations in the factions, depending on how notorious they are. There's a high chance that their profiles are in a database somewhere, and that the factions are aware of their presence, so it really ranges there. However, in the wasteland itself, it's a lot more difficult to gain any sort of reputation among fellow wandering folk. Given how vast the land itself is, it's very difficult for interaction to happen, much less any rumors to spread. The Wanderers, for instance, is a pretty infamous terrorist group to the factions, but you'd be hard-pressed to find any other people in the wastes that know of the group. There's also a number of other tribes and the like settled in the ash, but they follow that same general rule.

I'll be adding more notes when I remember them, as well as answering any questions, so feel free to speak up if you have any concerns or anything like that. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:22 am

I have a question. What is daily life in the shoes of a serf? Anything of particular note about the position I should be aware of? I ask because I've mostly been making details about it up as I went.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:11 am

I believe that a serf is typically trained to fill a niche role of some sort around the Erubescian base. For instance, Caddie is a janitor and only a janitor, and someone who works as a server in a restaurant would be trained to work only as a server. I feel as they wouldn't be sent out to be cannon fodder when they have more use around base doing tasks they're trained for, really, although that's just what we've decided through time.

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby scoundrelboots on Tue May 17, 2016 11:31 am

Adding into what Echo said, it's important to note that Serfs aren't some untouchable lower class of the poor, but rather simply the rank given to those without a military function or higher cause for notoriety.

Everyone in Erubesco eats well, thanks to replication gifts, and everyone is also pretty well sheltered. Serfs may have a roommate if they live in the Citadel or another Caer (just due to limited space,) but otherwise have housing accomodations similar to those of a lower-middle class single person in the US today.

They may not have the money to keep up with the high Hollywood glitz and glam, but they aren't impoverished by any means.

scoundrelboots
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Donated! Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!