Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Tale of Terra

Weaponry in Terra

a part of “The Tale of Terra”, a fictional universe by StormerJohn.

When the Elder Weapons were unearthed, fear and paranoia brought upon war between the immortals who feared for their waning power and influence. The answer to the question of who will survive and hold these weapons rests in war and victory.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Tale of Terra”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Weaponry in Terra

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StormerJohn on Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:31 am

Weapons in Terra aren't too different from our own, with the exception of a few. Firstly, the melee weapons. There are a variety of melee weapons I will allow, from the many different kinds of swords, to warhammers, to war axes. Basic stuff. Sabers, knives, longswords, katanas, jians, spears, I'll allow them. Now, to the more diverse part: ranged weapons.

Unlike most fantasy RPGs, this contains guns, and barely any arrows, save for the tribesmen in the Dark Continent and some poorer folks from the north. Imagine this game takes place in, let's say, World War I, or II. Well, since I plan on having machine guns with 1500 rpm and rotary autocannons that fire 6000 rpm, I can say we're somewhere in the Cold War era, pre-1980s. The assault rifles, however, aren't too great. Most small arms automatic weapons are SMGs here, unlike in the Cold War, when most automatic weapons were assault rifles. Also, battle rifles (meaning actual rifles that don't really have a fully automatic firing mode) are more common than assault rifles. The pistols are rather fancy, like the Luger... and the Ruger Standard.

Then, of course, there are the bigger guns. In the real world, and in this game, we will consider anything with a caliber of 20mm to be a cannon, even if it's labelled as an "anti-materiel rifle." Usually, the 20-50mm autocannons aren't just for shooting people and shooting tanks, they're also used to shoot down planes. Yes, there are planes and airships in this RP. I mean, seriously, these guys have technomancy, tech that can hide things from plain sight, and chariots that come from Heaven, why can't they have any planes? The concept is really simple. Most planes here are powered by propellers, but I might allow a few kinds of imperfect jet engines powered by the Substance. Alright, I'm stalling; back to cannons. In this game, there is an entire variety of cannons, from 20mm autocannons, even up to 1000mm supercannons. Regularly, I would recommend at least a 70mm gun if you want a proper antitank gun, and I would also recommend at least a 75mm caliber for a little howitzer. Note that there will be 300mm howitzers and missile launchers. Yes, missiles and rockets will be here, but no nukes, of course, that's too OP.

The rockets would be simple. They would be multiple rocket launchers. Imagine WW2-era Katyushas, Nebelwerfers, and Calliopes. Then, there are the missiles. If you've heard of Nazi technology and WW2, the first think you'd say is, "These guys are advanced for their time!" Well, so are the scientists in Terra. The most common missiles you'll see are similar to the V1 flying bombs, the first guided missile in history, which are essentially where our modern missiles originate. Well, that's only an assumption. Then, we have a less-common missile, and that's a guided ballistic missile similar to the V2.
Also note that there are 3,000 of these that were launched.

Alright, now, we have our tanks and armored vehicles. Like normal vehicles, these are powered by the Substance. These evolved from simple farming tractors to turning into weapons of mass destruction, and throughout the centuries, they evolved from simple steel blocks with guns on them to tanks with sloped armor, proper turrets, and proper guns that move at 45-80kph. Depending on the vehicle, of course. Like real life, there will be a variety of tanks: light, medium, heavy tanks, tank destroyers, and self-propeled guns, each with varying armor thicknesses and purposes, though all-purpose tanks have begun production already. Of course, they have cannons to take care of structures and other tanks, and machine guns to take care of infantry. Normal armored vehicles, meanwhile, can be equipped with almost anything, from machine guns, to 20mm AA guns; from mortars to multiple rocket systems. There are, however, prototype vehicles that make use of plasma cannons. However, plasma cannons are found to be almost ineffective due to the fact that a single shot could consume the entirety of a Substance cube's energy.

Then, we have the planes. They have multiple roles: recon, fighting, bombing, transport, intercepting, and ground attacking. Some have multiple roles, but some have specific roles they need to fulfil. Normally, you have the engines powered by propellers, but then, there are some aircraft that have jet engines that are powered by large quantities of the Substance. Their weaponry usually consists of bombs (classified by weight, in case you don't know) and autocannons. There is always, of course, a crazy inventor who sometimes make use of crazy ideas and puts a goddamn 75mm cannon at the front of the plane. And yes, I will allow seaplanes and flying boats (yes, those are a thing).

Alright, finally, ships. They're simply WW2-era warships, again, with multiple roles. These warships are: battleships, destroyers/gunboats, cruisers, submarines, and aircraft carriers. Simple as that. Sure, some may have multiple rocket launchers, unlike their WW2 counterparts, but hey, this is Terra.

Also, on the topic of plasma guns: yeah, sure, there are some small arms plasma guns I will allow for regular infantry, or just put them in a single division and call that division the Plasma Division.
"Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, brains saves both."–Erwin Rommel
"If you're going through hell, keep going."–Winston Churchill
Two great quotes, two great people, both of whom are my inspiration.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StormerJohn
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!