Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Call of Pandora

Call of Pandora~ Reservation/Discussion

a part of “Call of Pandora”, a fictional universe by Klockwork0reo.

New York City erupts full of creatures once thought legend, which quickly engulf the world. In the center of the chaos, stands a girl, three choices, and a box.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Call of Pandora”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Call of Pandora~ Reservation/Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Fri May 27, 2016 11:26 pm

Welcome.

If you would like to reserve a character, so that you may return with a WiP character sheet, please do so. This page is always open for you. If you have a few questions before you submit, then feel free to ask. But, before you do... be pointed to these two resources.

If however you would like to know more specifically about any of the creatures, then perhaps go to that OOC page, and read it over. Please do not respond to that page, unless specifically adding a creature, (with a full description).

If you had questions, or wanted to cover the amulets and magic, or simply wanted to help out, go to that OOC page, and give it a good look, before posting away with your thoughts and ideas.

But if you just wanted a good ole' chat, about anything in particular... well this page is still the one for you.

Welcome.
"In breaking news, the Sky. The Earth.

Life.

Existence as an unchanging plane with horizons of birth and death in faint distance. There is nothing to speak about.

There never was."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Call of Pandora~ Reservation/Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:33 pm

This rp looks very cool, I'm definitely interested. If you need an antagonist I'm in. The order seems interesting and it seems like some of this is still under construction? I didn't see an OOC about amulets and magic just yet.

My main questions are about the brands, that section was a bit unclear. Brands are a result of opening the box but are also hereditary and give people powers? So you just need a distant relative that opened the box? I'm assuming most of this because it wasn't stated outright in the introduction so I'm making some jumps.

Also curious about what point in time we're starting rping. Is it going to be a quiet start with a storm brewing, slowly some characters meet and interact before anything happens? Or more of a holy shit we're all in a room with the box and it opens monsters everywhere ahhhhhh?

Anyway, sorry for all the questions, it's been a while since I've been on the site and I get deep into the details before deciding on a character. Trying to step away from my GM roots and be a player, this game has a fantastic setting.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:25 am

Well.

*Takes hat off head*

As for the Signets, I imagined as the whole "Magic contained in blood" thing, like from Harry Potter, but as civilization progressed, it was just diluted enough to keep those even with the most potent bloodlines to do anything but maybe get a buck or two with an odd card trick. The Signets, a result of the Animus energy coming into contact with a potent bloodline, simply leaves some sort of 'brand' on the person that focuses the dormant magic in some way shape or form. Perhaps yes, all magic did originate from the Box, (Hecate I'm looking at you), but that's hardly here nor there, as it seems even those born in seclusion, from the most distant bloodlines still have a small innate amount of magic in the blood. (i.e. Native Americans. The Box never reached the Americas until it entered the eye of archaeologists, and 'treasure' hunters alike.

As for the point in time, I imagined giving everyone a small window of establishing "x is here, y is there" kind of thing, before the box is opened, and shit hits the fan. BTW, it opens in the back rooms of the natural history and art museum, and I would not recommend anyone that isn't able to be 'branded' being there when the box opens, (unless you'd like to be vaporized and brutally murdered).

And, questions are great. It lets me explore new reveneus of thought that I may not have had fully fleshed out yet. Keep on the questions if need be. Also, Artifacts/Magic OOC will be up shortly.

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:47 pm

Looks extremely cool. Nice to see you finally got on here.

I'd like to join and all, but life has reared its ugly head. Anyway, I'll try and reach out to a few old friends of mine, and see if I can get you a few more people here. Also, might I recommend a hellhound? I figure you're keeping your nose away from humanoid mythological creatures, but Golems and tulpas might work, slightly humanoid to be sure, but enough of a difference to matter.

Anyway, best of luck dude.
"My situation is not my choice, but the outcome will be. . ."

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:11 pm

Yeah, this website is pretty cool, I'm getting settled in nicely. Thanks for showing me around.

And don't worry, it's more than alright. I almost didn't make it this far. The only reason this thing is still up is because of ShadtheWerepire. (Honestly, thanks.)

But it's alright. You needn't go out of your way and bother any random folks for my sake. (But if you were to do such a thing, then a certain party would be very grateful, and there could be a certain amount of loot to be shared. ~Sorry, I turned into Jaree-Ra there for a second).

And thanks. Can't wait to get all the characters fleshed out, and get this train sailing... (wait a minute).

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:40 am

hmm. Would it be alright if I joined? I was thinking two characters - childhood friends who've been together for a really long time. One is a signet bearer (Imma thinking gravity), the other one is just an unlucky person who got caught in the whole mess haha. Would that be ok?
"Fire flows hot in my blood, sparking through my nerves and veins. Heat curls deep in my belly, enveloping this body with warmth and turning into power. And with this power, everything I will shall burn."

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:03 pm

Sounds great. But I'd like to remind everyone, that we DO need some people who HAVE joined one of these organizations. I'm working on a character involved in the Council, and another involved with the Enclave. I'd like to make someone who's in some higher rank in either the council or the Order, buuuut... I didn't want to be TOO controlling, so I'll leave it off for now, hoping someone else takes the role.

Either way, welcome in!

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:17 pm

I was thinking of doing a hands on researcher for the order, so he's given monster controlling/signet sensing/assorted artifacts to test out. It wouldn't be high up but he'd make a good antagonist and if someone wants to make a side kick or apprentice that might be cool. Finally fleshed out an idea of sorts so I'll see if I can do that sometime today.

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:42 pm

Awesomesauce! I'll work on it after I wake up. I was thinking that the one with power belonged in the, uh, Hedclave group? The one opposing the Council. Low level flunky who's morality chain is the other friend, who has no clue just how badly he affects his friend lol.

Although if there are other ideas like apprenticiship I'm willing to hear it out. Might end up making things more interesting that way. :D

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:12 pm

Tabitha is up, she's going to be my authority character, I'm going to make one more character that is going to be one of her assistants but I think I'm going to limit myself there because that's about as much as I can handle I think. I don't think she's going to see a ton of play time so I want to have her assistant who will actually do the field work and I can freely kill off.

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:13 pm

Seems good. Though, I should ask, what kind of power? Because science would be a higher department, but military, or just simple administrative control would likely be higher. So, outside of knowledge on the creatures and whatnot, I doubt she'd have too much sway on the average goon.

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:28 pm

Also, slight announcement.

My character sheets didn't save, due to my forgetfulness, probably. I didn't save any local copies, and well, whoops. I'll crack it down tonight and throw as many down here as I can. For the record, I'm working on someone who's aiding the Council, (and unwittingly opened the box). My second main character would be a mercenary working for the Enclave, (who later turns tail on them after a slight 'disagreement'). I want to add a few side characters, (all of which who would die off VERY quickly).

I kinda want to make some super evil jerkface who basically OWNS the order, but nah. I shouldn't. I also want to make a character that OWNS the Council... but again. I think I've already taken a few too many roles here, so I'll wait for a moment, and see if those get smoothed out. And yes, I'm aware I already said this. But, I'm saying it again for two reasons. Reason 1: (*hint hint, nudge nudge*). Reason 2: Secrets. I'm not sure if this counts as a spoiler or not, but in the interest of me being intellectually honest, I should. Anyone who plans on making any kind of Executive for either of the factions, PM me.

Finally, what time would all of you guys like to start? The way things are going, I wouldn't put it too late, but Wednesday sounds like a reasonable time to at least get the ball rolling, (but not yet quite push it up off a cliff). Any feedback to that would be nice.

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:27 am

I didn't really design her to be too high up, just higher than the kids people generally make for these games. I have very little knowledge of the structure for the groups so I was kinda winging it. I figured while there might not be a ton of people below her level she could potentially receive orders directly from the boss if that's what you wanted.

Wednesday should work for me, I'll be out sampling all day and might go to sleep early but I can get a bit of time at night to post a bit. And if I miss it I'd find a way Thursday. I will have my computer this time so I am available.

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:26 pm

Well. Good news old sport.

I can join. Thanks to a recent lift in responsibility, I'm now able to create a character for your silly little idea here. Kidding of course, this is serious business. So, as always, I'd love to create some kind of Shadow King character, and naturally, be the one pulling the strings of the Order. So, should any have a objection to that, please let me know now, as I'd feel rather guilty later on.

The character would be some rich, aloof, executive-type, and just act as the leader and overseer of a majority of the Order's operations. Most of his time would be spent far behind the lines, in his tower, but as always, he would influence the field by sending out men, giving orders, and acting as the reason everyone has so much bloodlust. You know, that guy.

So, can't wait to start. I'll get working right away!

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:33 pm

"Old sport"?

Inkwell, I think you're going English on me. Nonetheless, I'd love to see that addition. (In case it wasn't clear.)

Anyway, My characters should be ready fairly soon, and if you'd like, any and all of you can base your character sheets on those. Sorry for being so... slow.

@Alle - OMG I'm SO sorry. I have no idea why I never responded. Nonetheless, the opposition to the Council is the Order, and the Enclave just sits in the middle, as a group of mercenaries, taking money from either side. However, they also have a rule about not directly GIVING the other group their goal, so if they somehow found themselves in possession of the box, they wouldn't give it to either side, making them prove themselves. The good ole, ideals versus dreams. But, if you'd still like to join, COME ON IN!

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:19 am

Hmm. The guy would probably end up being considered a betrayer/mole then... interesting. Me likie! And its cool, its cool. :D

I'm still in! Just trying to find a faceclaim I can use haha.

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:52 am

Don't stress too hard about the faceclaim stuff. I honestly don't mind. I typically use random art for the CS, but nothing else besides that.

As for the character, PM me with details, (or just submit the wip), cuz that sounds awesome! I'd love to hear more.

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:54 pm

About the amulets - well, I've got a couple of questions. Are they capable of being passed on to different people, or are they stuck to someone till the day that person dies or specifically passes it on to someone else? Are they capable of being destroyed, and how? I get the feeling that they're conducts for an exchange of power - like in exchange for superstrength they take away your ability to taste for a while, or in exchange for healing powers your stamina is depleted. Is it something like that?

Also, I'm pretty cool with starting tomorrow. Today's exam day, but after that I should be free.

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:57 am

Tomorrow? Damn. That's right. I'll get my characters done ASAP. As for amulets and whatnot, please divert all further posts about Artifacts/Magic to that location.

Also, while I'm here... Any suggestions on creatures for the Database? I'm considering adding either Hellhounds or Firedrakes, but I'm thinking we have enough wolf/dog creatures, so it might be best to shy away from those. I'm going to add Golems, and I've gotten plans to add some kind of spider and other 'beasties'.

Any thoughts?

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:04 am

Sirens, gorgons? Manticores? Minotaurs? Idk just naming things.

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!