Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Nomad Clan

Nomad Clan

a part of “Nomad Clan”, a fictional universe by Nulix.

"The clans are divided, fractured, apart. But when you look down from the stars the desert is calm, and all of us in it are in one nomad clan."

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Nomad Clan”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Nomad Clan

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nulix on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:44 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Nomad Clan"

Nomad? Clan!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nulix
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Storyteller Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver

Re: Nomad Clan

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WilPen on Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:40 pm

I'd love to be a part of this RP. However, there is so much information, I'm a little stuck on where to start!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WilPen
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nulix on Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:45 pm

Hey Willpen! Yeah we like to put a lot of info there for the people who want it but try to keep it simple enough so it's accessible. The important thing to read is the intro, that's basically a setup for the world and plot of the thread, and then just get started on the character sheet. You can skim the rest and take a look at the map but it's more just detail so you can help figure out your footing in the universe better.

The desert in the world is divided up into different terrains and there are different clans (small societies) scattered across it. We really wanted every player to be able to make their own clan, or a clan their character is from. Tell me if you were curious about anything else or if I can help answer any questions!

Nulix
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Storyteller Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WilPen on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:02 pm

I appreciate that! I'll definitely give it a go. If you happen to see my character [once I get started] and have any suggestions that would help them fit better in this world, please let me know!

WilPen
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dae Mec on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:04 pm

Quick question: how many people are you accepting in the RP?
“So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”

Dae Mec
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nulix on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:05 pm

Yay! Sounds good Willpen!

Infinite people Dae Mac! We'll probably start in a day or two once we have a handful of people.

Nulix
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:41 pm

This sounds really cool and I'd love to be a part of it. I'm about to go to bed, but I'll read over it better tomorrow and get started on a character sheet ASAP if that's alright.
If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk,
If you want to be happy for a while, get married,
But if you want to be happy for all time, have good friends.
-The Booze Traveler

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nulix on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Sounds good Alchemist of my soul!

Nulix
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:34 am

This rp shows good promise. I shall likely submit a character come tomorrow's morning when I shall have more time to write one up.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nulix on Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:13 am

Sounds good Hidalgo 2: Zalgo!

Nulix
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:12 am

This RP has caught my interest. It seems cool and full of life. I would love to join! However it seems my internet has been failing a lot lately due to this wild weather we are having.

Regardless, I can smell adventure radiating off of this RP! And I can hear the sounds of battle just waiting to happen! I am exited to join!
Without the Dark, there can be no Light,
We have purpose
Without the Lie, there can be no Truth,
We have purpose
Without the War, there can be no Victory,
We have purpose
Without the Death, there can be no sacrifice,
We have purpose
Without the Hope there can be no Future,
We have purpose
Without the Loyalty there can be no one chapter,
We have purpose
Without the Emperor, there is nothing,...
And we would have no purpose

Specmarine
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Person of Interest Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:03 am

So turns out I couldn't get to sleep. I submitted a character, hope you like it, tried for something different. If I need to change anything, or just make a new character, just let me know.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Muunchkin on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:52 am

I read everything in the introduction and I am itching to join this train as well! I haven't started a character yet! I still have to picture hunt but I will be sending one very soon ouo!
W-w-w-wonder Wheel

Muunchkin
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaek on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:45 am

Hello, hello you lovely individuals. I've also done my fair share of reading and, although I've not quite finished it yet, I'm certain I'd love to join this RP. Figured I'd just drop in and reserve a place if possible before cranking out muh poast :]
~|~

Jaek
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nulix on Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:02 pm

Nice! I looked over the character Soul Alchemist I like him a lot, he's approved! My only note is that the crystals are supposed to be a power-source that's sort of exclusive to the desert, but the special ones he has could sort of be from the mountain's between the two lands.

Also Jaek, Muuuuuuuuuuunchkin, and Spacemarine I can't wait to read over your characters!

Nulix
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:15 pm

Alright, sorry about that. I can either change it, or say that as far as Sören knows they come from Alhara, simple because that's what he was told and he knows no better because he doesn't really understand the crystals.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WilPen on Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:30 pm

I believe I'm done! I could have finished last night, but it was 4 AM and I needed to sleep!

WilPen
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:45 pm

Oh, wow, this seems like a roleplay that's full of potential, and it's of the classic variety. I'm excited to finally get back into roleplaying, and not just GMing, but, I want to try and stay in the loop. There's a lot of information to take in, a lot of new friends to get to know, a lot of characters already being created, time is moving by fast and I've been very busy as of late. I guess it is a little bit intimidating at first, but as we probably all understand very well is that once we get into the loop, everything works out fine in the end.

Honored GM, although I have plenty of experience as a GM myself, something tells me you've been a part of more successful roleplays than I have, so I won't pretend I know more than you do. That said, I always have advice, and I always wish to stay dedicated to the thriving and improvement of roleplays. So, here's my first piece of advice.

I find that a great way to keep roleplayers dedicated to a roleplay is to keep everybody connected somehow, and the way I do that is through the use of software like Skype. It allows everybody to keep in touch with each other, it lets you as a GM be able to keep track of your players and get easier contact with them (and answer questions immediately) and it allows everybody to discuss things like their characters, their plans for the future, and just get to know each other and become friends. Although Skype isn't perfect, it's benefits far outweigh any annoyances, and I'm sure this would definitely be a great way to keep everybody in the loop. At the very least, it would certainly help me.

Anyway, I look forward to roleplaying with you all!

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GloryArstotska on Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:34 pm

This looks super cool! I'm going to go make a character now :)

GloryArstotska
Member for 8 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Muunchkin on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:13 pm

I finished my character! Boy am I excited owo!
I worked for hours on that thing xD

Muunchkin
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!