Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dawn of the Shinsengumi

NPC Thread

a part of “Dawn of the Shinsengumi”, a fictional universe by Luciferus.

"Good men mean well. We just don't always end up doing well." And as with all good intentions, there are repercussions.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dawn of the Shinsengumi”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

NPC Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luciferus on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:48 am

Here, I will be posting all relevant characters. Please do not post here unless you've been approved, prior.

Code: Select all
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][left][img]http://placehold.it/450x250/C0C0C0?text=+[/img][/left][img]image of surname kanji[/img][img]Image of first name kanji[/img]
    [justify][font=cambria][size=90]last name spaced out [color=#HEX1]∞[/color] first name spaced out
    [i]meaning of name[/i]

[color=#HEX1]∞[/color] Age

[color=#HEX1]∞[/color] Species

[color=#HEX1]∞[/color] Their role

[color=#HEX1]∞[/color] Relationship to whom[/size][/font][/justify][hr][/hr][hr][/hr][center][font= use pristina for females and lucida blackletter for males][color=#HEX1]"Quote here."[/color][/font][/center][hr][/hr][hr][/hr][justify][font=cambria][size=90]Information here such as a small brief history, and their personality and abilities.[/size][/font][/justify]    [hr][/hr][hr][/hr]

Last edited by Luciferus on Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Luciferus
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: NPC Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luciferus on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:56 am

ImageImageImage
F U J I W A R A Y O S H I R Ō
Righteous Son of the Wisteria Field

Really Old

Kitsune Daiyōkai

The Oyabun || Leader of the Yakuza

Makoto's father, and Asuka's adoptive father

"Hm? If you're going to say something, I promise I won't bite. I'm not that scary looking, am I?"

Yoshirō is the current head of the Yakuza, also known as the Oyabun. He is the founder of the Yakuza, the one responsible for building Edo to its current prosperity, and a man of a red past. Before he was the Oyabun, before Edo, Yoshirō was a kitsune with no home, and no family. He was disgraced, cast from his father's realm, and left to fend for himself in the human world as a young child. He grew up watching the humans and yōkai slaughter each other for different means. It pained him to see the world the way it was, but being the young kit that he was, there wasn't much he could do. Instead, he traveled the human world, searching for anyone who would take him on as an apprentice, to teach him the ways of warfare. In time, he found such a master, an Oni by the name of Yakumo. He took in Yoshirō and trained him in everything he knew. For the first half of his childhood, and young adulthood, Yoshirō spent his time by training, mastering the different arts of combat and the use of his own abilities.

Not much is known about the rest of his past life, and it is a very delicate subject to dwell on. All that he'll say, if asked, is that Yakumo perished one day, and that his son was born not too long after that. He is a man of many faces, Yoshirō, but the most common one many can see is the gentle, good-natured, and humorous kitsune who tends to be a bit lazy. He loves his village dearly, and his small family, but despite this, he can still be assertive when he needs to. Not many people have seen the side to him that can be cold, merciless, and calculating, however; he has never had reason to be. At least not recently. As a father, though, he is a little dotting and playful. He can be seen teasing his adoptive daughter and his son, and rarely are the three of them ever separated. They are his entire world, at the moment, and should anything befall them... he'd rather not think about what might become of him.

ImageImageImage
K U R O G A N E S A K U Y A
Night of the Blossoming Black Steel

Thirty Two

Human

The Strategist

Former Member of the Yakuza

"Soon, the whole world will know my name, and they will bow before me."

Sakuya is a former member of the Yakuza, having once occupied the position as Yoshirō's strategist. She became a part of the Yakuza when Yoshirō found her, orphaned at the age of eight, but yet with an intelligent gleam behind her eyes. He saw potential in her, and she saw an opportunity for power. It was apparent, from an early age, that she was gifted for strategy, and had the intellect to prove it. She was a child prodigy, and given the chance, could have become the uncontested strategist for any warlord, however; because of her position as a woman, she would never be able to. The only chance she had of proving herself was with Yoshirō, who held no biases for a person's heritage or gender. There were humans, yōkai, and hanyō alike in his employ—men and women. This was her only chance, and prove herself she did. She managed to win several skirmishes with small armies that tried to invade Edo, and managed to successfully repel a bandit attack with no casualties.

But she had always craved power. She sought to use her attributes as a woman to infatuate Yoshirō, to become his mistress, however; Yoshirō was not so easily fooled. She was rejected by him, and this angered her to no end. She was a beautiful woman, this she knew, however; he simply told her that his heart was no longer his to give to anyone else. It belonged to his deceased wife, and that is where it will always belong. Perhaps this was the pushing point, or perhaps it was some other influence, however; Sakuya would not be so easily dismissed. She began forming alliances within the clan, promising them riches and power beyond their comprehension, and she rebelled against Yoshirō. She quickly spread lies and rumors about the yakuza, causing them to fall from Edo's favor, and in turn, built her own empire to challenge her former leader. She has planted spies among his family, and is trying to tear him down from within, however; she has also formed alliances with other warlord's who wish to bring down Yoshirō. The Yakuza has made many enemies, and these enemies now serve as her allies.

Sakuya is a deceptive woman, and she knows how the Game works, perhaps better than anyone. She will make Edo hers, and with it, seize the opportunity to gain the power she's always coveted.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Luciferus
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luciferus on Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:51 pm

ImageImageImage
T S U J I H A R A D A I Z Ō
Large Structure in the Crossing Fields.

One hundred Forty Seven

Tengu Yōkai

Yoshirō's Spymaster

Sakuya's former mentor; Asuka's Mentor

"Quote."

Tsujihara Daizō, formerly Hattori Hanzo, is Yoshirō's spymaster. He is responsible for training all the shinobi spies that come into Yoshirō's employ, and keeping them well trained. He is also Asuka's mentor. Coming from the Hattori clan, they were once rivaled with the Fūma clan, and were once great allies. Internal strife and subterfuge, however, has caused the clans to drift apart, however; Daizō and Asuka's relationship is one of prospering allies. Though Asuka is a former Fūma member, she took on the surname of Fujiwara, cutting all ties to her former clan. Daizō would have refused training her, otherwise.[WIP]

Last edited by Luciferus on Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luciferus
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chrian. on Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:00 am

ImageImage
M O R I O K A S H U G O
Guardian of the Forest Hill

At least a millennium old

Kitsune Yokai

The Faithful Follower

Shigeru's (self-proclaimed) pet servant

"Thanks to him, finally I have found what I once lost. Wherever he goes, I shall always follow."

Shugo is a direct descendant of a kitsune family that had been under the service of Ame-no-Uzume-no-Mikoto - the Goddess of Dawn. Being those very few able to set foot in Takamagahara - the realm of the gods, he once was a well-respected yokai even amongst his own kin. But despite having such a position, he soon grew bored. And that is when he began to set his gaze on the humans. Seeing how they suffered from mishaps and hardships, how evil spirits corrupted their lands, he had made the boldest decision of his life. Abandoning his duty, abandoning his comfortable life, Shugo set off to the realm of mortals.

When he set his foot of the human world, he set out to banished all evil spirits and wrongdoing yokais, bringing peace back to the land. The humans worshiped him, building a shrine hidden away within a hill of forest, where he once resided. They often come to him, asking for his blessings. But as time passed by, less and less people turned up, until there were none. That's how they forgotten him, forgotten what he had done for them. Couldn't bear to return to his realm, Shugo went into a hibernation, within the very shrine they built for him.

After a period of time that is probably no less than five hundred years, Shugo finally woken up from his slumber. But unknowingly to him, there's only a small amount of power left in him, as most of them has been absorbed by the land during his hibernation, and he was forced to take the form of a human. One day, he was cornered by a group of bandits, who threatened to kill him and he was powerless against them, because he was in his most vulnerable of state. But then, Shigeru appeared and saved him. Eternally grateful, Shugo aided the young man on his quest and had been following him around ever since.

Even though Shugo claimed to be Shigeru's servant, the relationship between them is more like that of a pet and its owner. Shugo always cares deeply for Shigeru, almost to the point of obsession, and would even grow jealous whenever he flirts with women. But nonetheless, he's still a reliable companion whom Shigeru can completely count on. Although Shugo had lost the majority of his power, and it would take at least a hundred years to fully regain them, his intelligence, vast knowledge about the yokais and proficiency with the sword are what made up for it. For some reasons, whenever he's flustered and embarrassed, he would change into the form of a small boy for a short period of time.

Shugo doesn't directly supported the yakuza, only accompanying them because Shigeru is loyal to them. However, he seemed to know about Lord Yoshiro and have some connections with him, but that's remained to be confirmed. Currently, Shigeru has entrusted upon him with a task that he hoped he would never have to exact, but still reluctantly accepted nonetheless.

chrian.
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!