Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Uptown Living

Uptown Living Relationships

a part of “Uptown Living”, a fictional universe by royals.

The Upper East Side: home to the rich and privileged, and enough drama to last a lifetime.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Uptown Living”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Uptown Living Relationships

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby royals on Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:48 am

Code: Select all
[center][font=timesnewroman][img]character-name[/img]
[img]character-image[/img][hr][/hr][left][img]http://65.media.tumblr.com/46a26b0a95a1c3ed8d9de5dee01036db/tumblr_inline_nzthgcMkX21sfc7xz_500.gif[/img][/left][size=200]A D E L I N E - A R N A U L T[/size]
Describe Relationship
[hr][/hr][left][img]http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/36900000/Victoria-Justice-victoria-justice-36966058-245-245.gif[/img][/left][size=200]A N I S S A - S A V A G E[/size]
Describe Relationship
[hr][/hr][left][img]http://31.media.tumblr.com/1c3c069035689a1a621df1efe5b97955/tumblr_mtehtfQktc1ss2gg3o1_250.gif[/img][/left] [size=200]A V A N - H A R R I S O N[/size]
Describe Relationship
[hr][/hr][left][img]http://38.media.tumblr.com/d746247e57bd2ca0a98078a78355c70e/tumblr_nhla4dzWsH1rdm1n3o1_250.gif[/img][/left][size=200]C A S S I D Y - K N O X[/size]
Describe Relationship
[hr][/hr][left][img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/9e842b7a7cb5131ceff47a12d75b69e0/tumblr_inline_mn43920bOy1qz4rgp.png[/img][/left][size=200]H U N T E R - D E V L I N[/size]
Describe Relationship
[hr][/hr][left][img]https://67.media.tumblr.com/43b9dc7551972ab4c4b8296c68f71d21/tumblr_inline_nh7zym3gny1t2sz0v.gif[/img][/left][size=200]J A M I E - P A R A T A[/size]
Describe Relationship
[hr][/hr][left][img]https://45.media.tumblr.com/d800bf1c9c819ed9cdd9a9b9012046db/tumblr_n56lgzeM6q1s8e4fho1_250.gif[/img][/left][size=200]K A T E R I - E S H K A N[/size]
Describe Relationship
[hr][/hr][left][img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/752e94f58ab7d1ba2377c42af5be034d/tumblr_inline_nguzckSUBR1szaa83.gif[/img][/left][size=200]L A N I - E L L I S O N[/size]
Describe Relationship
[hr][/hr][left][img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/41d3da8a0adaaa2e9c28a045828334a7/tumblr_mmok8zlVi61rmdxaeo3_r1_250.gif[/img][/left][size=200]L I A M - B R O O K S[/size]
Describe Relationship
[hr][/hr][left][img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/05a97f1a71b1841af58114f3e51695fd/tumblr_mzzvatT8OD1qfdtglo1_250.gif[/img][/left][size=200]L I A M - K O C H[/size]
Describe Relationship
[hr][/hr][left][img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/32a237db29cb91073eaab3d060077097/tumblr_nin5c5aTzW1tqp5fto4_250.gif[/img][/left][size=200]N E S S - O B E R L I N[/size]
Describe Relationship
[hr][/hr][left][img]https://media.giphy.com/media/sxdVbg4IB8N6U/giphy.gif[/img][/left][size=200]N O V A - B L A N C H E T T[/size]
Describe Relationship
[hr][/hr][left][img]http://s13.favim.com/orig/160629/gif-gigi-hadid-Favim.com-4469703.gif[/img][/left][size=200]S Y D N E Y - P E R S S O N[/size]
Describe Relationship
[hr][/hr][left][img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/1b2d171ac96002bb87e1d0730b4d70f6/tumblr_mgjh8oXJbv1r2r9hao1_250.gif[/img][/left][size=200]THE CHARMER[/size]
Describe Relationship
[hr][/hr][left][img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/6a7d7ab258367b391b92899b177e4df4/tumblr_nv7i87ihMe1ube88yo2_250.gif[/img][/left][size=200]THE UNDERDOG[/size]
Describe Relationship
[hr][/hr][left][img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/6dfc56c898012673fd40283d026d3b05/tumblr_nv2wl0m5Ja1thzic5o1_250.png[/img][/left][size=200]THE BRAINS[/size]
Describe Relationship[/font][/center]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

royals
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Uptown Living Relationships

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperfluousBuns on Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:44 am

ImagexxxImage
ImageA D E L I N E - A R N A U L T
"She- we- um. I don't think parties are really my forte."
Ness let herself be dragged along to one of Hunter Devlin's infamous parties, though she is hardly a regular to that scene. But it was the end of the year and she decided to try something new. It was sort of funny to watch people going absolutely crazy from a few drinks. Somehow she ended up next to a drunken Adeline, and was just talking with her. And then Adeline was kissing her, and Ness, stupidly, was kissing back. She panicked and stopped it before anything got too far- Ness isn't going to do anything with someone whose intoxicated, for one thing, and has never done anything beyond kissing before regardless. Adeline was gone before the two could see each other in daylight again, and Ness put it out of her head- everyone knows Adeline leans towards homophobic. She was just drunk. Ness convinced herself it was just one of those things that happened at these parties. She won't be able to push it off when she sees Adeline next, though.

ImageA N I S S A - S A V A G E
Describe Relationship

Image A V A N - H A R R I S O N
Describe Relationship

ImageC A S S I D Y - K N O X
Describe Relationship

ImageH U N T E R - D E V L I N
Describe Relationship

ImageJ A M I E - P A R A T A
"You won't find a better person. I wish he'd realize that."
Ness is likely one of very few people who have seen the self-loathing side of Jamie, and truth be told she glimpsed it entirely without permission from the boy himself. This means that she has a certain insight on Jamie that only helps in making her one of his best friends- perhaps best, as he feels the need to distance himself from Lani due to certain concerns. Ness and Jamie met when he first moved here- their homes are right next to one another's. The two clicked almost instantly, linked by sweet temperaments and Jamie's desire for friends in a new area. Since then, they are thick as thieves.

ImageK A T E R I - E S H K A N
"Kateri and I have shared sippy cups- that bonds people."

The Eshkan family and the Oberlins have been friends since Kateri's mother and father were still married. Because of this, Ness and Kateri grew up in the same play pen, and have been good friends since childhood. With similar personalities- kind but impulsive, the two run well together. Ness knows Kateri can always be counted on for last minute plans. As they've grown older they've made other friends, of course, but the two will always be childhood best friends- and that's a special bond.
ImageL A N I - E L L I S O N
"Lani's like an older sister to me- never mind that she's younger than me."
Lani and Ness met when they both joined the student counsel freshman year. Ness had heard all about her from Jamie before then, of course, but this is the actual first meeting. It became quickly clear that Ness may have been the elder one, but Lani was the more capable. Ness still remembers the day she tried to stop a senior from picking on a freshman, and nearly earned a black eye for her troubles- until Lani stepped in. Lani's probably the reason Ness became secretary instead of simply losing any position whatsoever when she proved an unfit Treasurer. Ness would gladly vote Ellison for president.

ImageL I A M - B R O O K S
Describe Relationship

ImageL I A M - K O C H
Describe Relationship

ImageN O V A - B L A N C H E T T
Describe Relationship

ImageS Y D N E Y - P E R S S O N
Describe Relationship

ImageTHE CHARMER
Describe Relationship

ImageTHE UNDERDOG
Describe Relationship

ImageTHE BRAINS
Describe Relationship

ImagexxxImage
Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

ImageL I A M - K O C H
Describe Relationship

ImageN E S S - O B E R L I N
Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

ImageTHE CHARMER
Describe Relationship

ImageTHE UNDERDOG
Describe Relationship

ImageTHE BRAINS
Describe Relationship
Last edited by SuperfluousBuns on Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SuperfluousBuns
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:33 pm

Adeline and Anissa are friends... or they were friends... Truly, Adeline is pretty confused about where they stand right now. The girls met years ago through their parents, because Adeline's father and Anissa's mother both made their own marks in the fashion industry. They were encouraged to be friends, and even though for a while, when Anissa was being bullied, it probably wasn't "cool" to be friends with her, Adeline actually enjoyed the time that they spent together. They both loved shopping, so that was always an easy option if Adeline's father encouraged her to hang out with Anissa. The only problem with their friendship, as far as Adeline is concerned, at least, is the recent revelation that Anissa was acting as "the other woman", in Sydney and Liam's relationship. Adeline and Nissa are friends, yes, but Adeline will always feel like she owes Sydney her loyalty. At the same time, she doesn't want to expose Anissa and allow her to be subjected to Sydney's wrath again, since it finally seems like Nissa has received respite from bullying. Needless to say, this friendship has recently left Adeline feeling very conflicted.

Describe Relationship

A year ago, Adeline would have only described Cassidy as some irrelevant weirdo. A year can change a lot, though, and within a year, Adeline's father dated, became engaged to, and married Cassidy's mother. Granted, Adeline was in treatment during the wedding and during the time that Cassidy and her mother moved into Adeline's townhouse, so she hasn't actually spent much time with either of them, but she already knows that she dislikes them. She probably spent more time with Cassidy's mother than Cassidy herself, before being admitted into treatment, and though it was mostly her own fault for refusing to give the woman a chance, Adeline and Cassidy's mother clashed from the beginning. Things likely won't go any better for Addy and Cassidy, especially since Adeline is very vocal about her unfounded dislike for both females.

Adeline appreciates how easy it is to have a good time when Hunter's hosting a party. There's always copious amounts of alcohol, good music, and only two blocks between their homes, which means that it's usually bearable for her to stumble home after the party is over. They aren't best friends and Adeline has never felt romantically attracted to Hunter, but she considers him to be a good enough friend that it wouldn't be weird to grab lunch with him, even when they are sober.

Adeline definitely wouldn't claim to be close with Jamie, but they aren't enemies either. They're more than acquaintances, in the sense that they would probably say hello in passing, and could maintain a conversation, but they're different enough that they wouldn't really hang out with one another on their own. Adeline knows more about him from what Lani says, over what she's actually learned about him from himself.

Describe Relationship

Right up there with Sydney, Lani definitely ranks as one of Adeline's best friends. Adeline finds that there's so much about Lani to admire... she's strong, intelligent, confident, and always seems to have a plan. There are times when even Adeline finds her to be a little intimidating, but not in a "scary" way. She just knows that Lani has a strong head and when she wants something, be it respect, an award, or information, she's going to get it, no matter what. Adeline definitely appreciates Lani as a friend, separately and as an entity, to balance out their friend group.

Describe Relationship

ImageL I A M - K O C H

Adeline feels like an idiot for supporting it now, but back when Sydney had been crushing on Liam, and then when they actually started hooking up, Adeline was very supportive of it. In fact, she was jealous. It was jealous only in a playful sentiment, because she thought that Liam was definitely attractive, but that he and Sydney made a good pair. Being the one to find out that he was doing her best friend wrong was definitely shocking, and just as much as Adeline thinks that Liam's a disgusting animal, she's bothered with herself for being blind to his true character.

Adeline isn't even being dramatic when she tells you that she barely remembers anything from that end of the year party that happened last June, after junior year concluded. Her illness was at its peak, and that meant that beyond her issues with eating, her coping mechanisms for everything were pretty poor. As a lot of people are aware, alcohol has always been a bit of a guilty pleasure, and her go-to thing to shut down her feelings. The night of this party, though, they definitely shut down her inhibitions as well, because one thing led to another, and the girl that was always swearing that anything beyond heterosexuality was gross, was making out with Vanessa Oberlin in a guest bedroom. It didn't go any farther than that, and just days after the party, Adeline was whisked out of New York to spend her summer in a treatment facility in Illinois. She doesn't remember much about that night, but she would be lying if she claimed that she didn't remember what happened with Ness, and how oddly natural it felt.

Describe Relationship

Sydney was Adeline's first friend, and to this day, definitely one of her best friends. They were the original two before Lani came in and made their friend group official, and Adeline will always love Sydney. That doesn't mean that she doesn't sometimes think that the girl is a bit controlling, or a tad cold, but all of Sydney's positive traits override that. Despite popular opinion, Adeline is her own person and doesn't just remain in the place of Sydney's sidekick because she's too dumb to be more than a lapdog, or is just one of the Queen Bee's puppets. Their friendship is genuine and strong, and Adeline definitely trusts Sydney with more than most people.

ImageTHE CHARMER
Describe Relationship

ImageTHE UNDERDOG
Describe Relationship

ImageTHE BRAINS
Describe Relationship
Last edited by BurningBridges on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eiraktten on Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:59 pm

ImageImageImage
Anissa and Adeline are friends, at least that's how she sees it. Though when she was being bullied Adeline seemed to be there for Anissa and she has always thanked her for that. But if it weren't for their parents pushing them to hang out more because it would look good in the public eye along with making things easier between their families in the professional eye, these two might not have even associated with each other. But now with her being what everyone would call "the other woman", Anissa has a feeling Adeline knows something about what has been going on between herself and Liam behind Sydney's back. But she is just worried about bringing it up just in case Adeline doesn't know anything. The last thing she wants to deal with is world war three and that is exactly what would happen if the wrong person found out.

ImageA V A N - H A R R I S O N
She doesn't really know Avan personally but she has heard things about him circulating around the school. She can put a face to the name, but that's about it.

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Anissa doesn't exactly have anything against Liam, but she just finds that he is extremely annoying. Of course at times there are occasions when he is able to make her laugh or even crack a smile. But she isn't all that interested in forming any kind of friendship with the male.

ImageL I A M - K O C H
Liam and Anissa's friendship started back when his father partnered up with her mother in order to help get her fashion career up from the ground. Eventually this caused their parents to start pushing them together and hoped that with the public seeing the two of them hanging out and possibly even start dating eventually it would show everyone that their families are getting along well and unifying. Of course at first Anissa was a bit iffy about this situation, just as she was when she was pushed to spend time with Adeline but she got over it. As time went on she began getting feelings for Liam and the two of them began to go off on random trips, go to races, etc. He has been the one teaching her that she needed to begin speaking up, be more vocal about who she is.

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Anissa has never really been all that fond of Sydney. Mainly because while they were growing up she always seemed to act so catty towards Anissa. As the girls grew and began to mature, the friendship they both had with Adeline began to make things tough between the two of them. But because of Adeline Anissa feels that she needs to at least try to be friendly with Sydeny, even though she would be the last person on earth she would ever want to associate with.

ImageTHE CHARMER
Describe Relationship

ImageTHE UNDERDOG
Describe Relationship

ImageTHE BRAINS
Describe Relationship
Last edited by eiraktten on Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

eiraktten
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eiraktten on Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:04 pm

ImageImageImage
Describe Relationship

LJ doesn't seem to understand what he ever did to Anissa to have her treat him the way she does. He thinks Anissa is very talented with her music and is also a very sweet person from what she has heard. It wouldn't exactly be a bad thing if the two of them got to know each other. At least in his opinion anyway.

ImageA V A N - H A R R I S O N
LJ doesn't spend very much time with Avan. Usually if you see LJ around him, he is buying marijuana. Ever since the first time he has bought from Avan he initially decided that Avan would continue to be his only drug dealer.

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

ImageL I A M - K O C H
Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

LJ doesn't know her personally but he does know of her. After all, who doesn't at least know of Sydney? She is one of the most popular girls in Constance Billard.

ImageTHE CHARMER
Describe Relationship

ImageTHE UNDERDOG
Describe Relationship

ImageTHE BRAINS
Describe Relationship
Last edited by eiraktten on Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:59 am, edited 4 times in total.

eiraktten
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby M95 on Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:15 pm

Image Image

"Isn't she just the cutest little airhead you've ever met? Girls like Adeline are fun to play with, when you make all the rules."
Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

"He's one of the few people in this neighborhood who's actually tolerable."
Describe Relationship

"He can be annoying, but Hunter's all right in my book, usually."
Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

"I'm not sure why our class trusts her as President, but whatever. I know from experience that she's not the kind of person who will have anyone's back, other than her own. I'm sure her becoming President has nothing to do with how she probably scared half of the school into voting for her."
Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

ImageL I A M - K O C H
Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

ImageTHE CHARMER

Describe Relationship

ImageTHE UNDERDOG

Describe Relationship

ImageTHE BRAINS

Describe Relationship

M95
Member for 8 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chanelindistress on Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:08 pm

ImageXImage
ImageXImage
If there was one person who made it possible to actually enjoy living on the Upper East Side and being away from her originally simple life, it was definitely Adeline. There are moments when Addy makes Lani want to roll her eyes or need a drink, but those are far, few and in between the other more notable moments. The Arnault is a sweetheart and really pushes the desire to protect that has been so heavily instilled within Lani. She appreciates how bright she can be, but also how great of a friend Adeline can be. Adeline reminds Lani to have fun and just be, and it was because of this that their friendship formed. Lani loves Adeline a lot and would do anything for her.

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

There was a point where even Lani could admit that she wasn't near as confident and as secure in herself and her sexuality - and that was when she was still growing used to living in New York. It was an entirely different society than that of her easygoing, carefree Maui life. And with a grandmother who still bears all of this responsibility and expectations on Lani, of course she wasn't going to be particularly great at identifying with her actual sexuality. Hell, she wasn't even aware of it back then when she was - she can call it what it was now that she's older and self-aware - sporting a serious crush on Cassidy. She had hated back then seeing the girl get messed with over ridiculous shit, so she would stick up for her when she could. And after working together, Lani honestly did find herself attracted to the other girl, but never knew what to do about it. Until a party at Sydney's house where no ninth grader should be sipping on vodka-infused fruit punch. Suddenly, Lani felt bold and before she knew it, she and Cassidy were making out in one of Sydney's bedrooms and then the host herself caught them. Tongue-tied and so sure that this was a hook-up just like at any other party, Lani had brushed the situation off as her being drunk, leaving Cassidy to have to deal with Sydney's taunting. Which Lani doesn't necessarily see as her fault since she tells her best friend to leave it alone, even when she's plaintively avoiding her feelings on the matter. Cassidy has helped in that, considering what she became. The other girl seems to hate Lani now, which Lani definitely feels bad about, but she doesn't feel like she has to owe someone the rest of her life. Especially if Cassidy became the exact people who made her feel horrible. Who's the really bad person here? The girl who should have honestly just spoken up and been real with the girl she had a crush on, or the person who literally turned into the same bitches that made her life miserable and thinks she has every right to do so? And despite still finding Cassidy very gorgeous even to this day, there's going to be nothing stopping her from going after the brunette if she turns any of her fuckery on someone Lani cares for.

Describe Relationship

Out of everyone that she is friends with on the Upper East Side, Lani's longest running friendship and probably one of her closest is definitely with Jamie. They both came from Hawaii and Lani's earliest memories consist of him, Maui and her older brothers. At this point in her life, it's safe to say that Jamie is family yet...except she doesn't know that he actually is family. Growing up in the islands together, Lani has always known that their families were super closer and Jamie made it easy to act accordingly. They played soccer together on a regular basis, spent more time in the water than strictly necessary, and she's always been able to be comfortable and just have fun with Jamie. She loves him; there's no other delicate way to say that. Jamie is one of her favorite people in the world and the girl who claims she doesn't do all of that sentimental crap is the same one with a scrapbook where he literally is very much a feature in, a bit more than one of her own brothers. That's how important Jamie is in Lani's life. He keeps her honest and is a solace in this Manhattan life that neither of them really grew up in. He's one of her boys, but it's definitely going to shake her whenever she discovers that they were family all this time and that he knew that. Though...his romantic feelings, another thing her best friend has managed to keep a secret, for her may just be the icing on the cake.

Much like Ness, Kateri provides a medium for which Lani's more maternal instincts come into play. Or well, her big sister feels since she has always been the baby of the family. While some might think Lani is either all class or business, with Kateri, Lani is able to just have fun. Naturally, she has to do so away from Sydney and Adeline for reasons that need not be discussed, but for all that tension, Lani enjoys when she is able to hang out with Kateri. They post dance videos online, Kateri's a prominent figure on some of her goofier snapchat sessions, and Kateri is able to make Lani laugh. That's one of her favorite aspects of the brunette's character and Lani loves her Kit Kat for that. She wishes, of course, that she could have both groups of friends together all of the time because she's pretty sure that that would be fun, but Lani was never the optimistic sort to begin with. She just takes things as they are and finds satisfaction in that.

Describe Relationship

ImageL I A M - K O C H
From the second they met, Lani didn't really like Liam. The problem is that the feeling isn't mutual, which pisses her off. Or, at least, it seemingly isn't. She wouldn't be surprised if this was just Liam's way of getting under her skin. His attractiveness and physical prowess do nothing for her and in all honesty, Lani isn't as impressed by him as the majority of the female population at Constance is. There are a bunch of cute, blue-eyed white boys; they're in New York City, after all. So, when she first found out that there was even remotely anything going on between him and Sydney, to say she had probably the most negative reaction out of the queen bee's two best friends is an understatement. She knew from the beginning that nothing good could come from the relationship and still has literally no hope that things could be okay now. She never trusted Liam and never will, and he can tell himself that this is speaking on Lani's very existent attraction to him. But in a way, they both know better - Liam can be as strong as he wants to. All Sydney has to give is a word and Lani is ready to fuck him up. Even if she has to get her brothers to help out. Or end his career at St. Jude's before he can walk across the stage, whichever one he decides he wants to come first.

Much like Kateri, Ness provides a medium for which Lani's more maternal instincts come into play. Or well, her big sister feels since she has always been the baby of the family. It started during their freshmen year when Ness decided that she could totally take on a senior for picking on another student - Lani tries not to think about what would have happened if she had not stepped in. Needless to say, the two have been as thick as thieves ever since and while Lani spends a good majority of her time with Sydney and Adeline, she still makes time to spend with Ness. She loves her like any little big sister would love their big little sister. It helps that they're super affectionate, even in public. At this point, it's safe to say that Ness is definitely one of Lani's favorite cuddle buddies, though she wouldn't admit that when trying to save face.

Describe Relationship

It might still surprise a good number of people that the same girl who hated Upper East Side girls when she first arrived in Manhattan became best friends with one of those same people, but that's the thing - Sydney isn't the same, not like a few others would like to believe. And that idea is probably shaped by the fact that there is a definite mutual respect between Lani and Sydney. For starters, Lani doesn't want Sydney's crown and will never aspire it. She barely aspired for the multi-million dollar home she currently lives in. She doesn't have to feel threatened by Sydney and vice versa, lending to a surprisingly close friendship. It's not that they don't clash. Lani calls Sydney out when she feels like the girl is being a bit extra and Sydney calls Lani when she's not being...as charming as she should. It's a balance that works, particularly with Adeline's exuberance brightening up the confrontational powerhouses that both girls naturally are. At the end of the day, they both individually know that they are pretty awesome and together, they're a storm that not many want to face. Sydney is one of the few people Lani met on the Upper East Side that she genuinely is able to trust and sure, sometimes they might clash, but there is still love a lot of there and Sydney is one of her favorite people.

ImageTHE CHARMER
Describe Relationship

ImageTHE UNDERDOG
Describe Relationship

ImageTHE BRAINS
Describe Relationship
Last edited by chanelindistress on Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chanelindistress
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Person of Interest Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby °ẞ0llisīic° on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:31 pm

ImageImage
Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

"We're on good terms, but there isn't much to say, really."
Jamie and Kateri met through Lani during the summer after freshman year. They're good friends and don't have anything against each other. Well, not that Kat knows of. They talk from time to time if they see each other in the hallways or if they decide to hang out after school. He isn't one of her closest friends, but they are good ones.
"My home girl. The person I can always count on to have my back."
Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

ImageL I A M - K O C H
Describe Relationship

"Two peas in a pod. The peanut butter to my jelly. There are lots of things to describe our bond."
Ness is Kat's childhood best friend. They have been friends since they were in diapers. Their families have been very close for the longest time, and they grew up together. They have a special bond that certainly won't break. Sure, they have made their other friends, but they are still, and always will be, close as ever. Kat's definitely got her back. From her perspective, it's a certainly close to perfect relationship. Their personalities and interests are similar, and they get along really well. The friendship doesn't seem like one to be broken. Because of her innocent figure, Kat has always felt like Ness was her little sister. Kat wants to protect her from any harm, and usually keeps an eye on anyone that looks like they'd break her little Nessy. Especially boys.

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

ImageTHE CHARMER
Describe Relationship

ImageTHE UNDERDOG
Describe Relationship

ImageT Y L E R - O W E N
Describe Relationship
Last edited by °ẞ0llisīic° on Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

°ẞ0llisīic°
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StarStruck on Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:24 pm

Adeline is probably the sweetest girl that Sydney knows. She's well aware that "sweet" isn't a word that a lot of people would use to describe Addy, since she has a tendency to be ignorant, judgemental, and dramatic, but Sydney isn't phased by that side of Adeline anymore. What she loves, and focuses on, is the Addy that she can have movie nights with, wearing no makeup and pajamas. She loves the Addy that will stay up all night with her gossiping, and giving her an opportunity to laugh until her stomach hurts. Addy is so genuine and behind the talkative, gossip and drama loving, spoiled brat that everyone sees, is an amazing friend who has always seemed more vulnerable than Lani, or any of Sydney's other friends, and that ignites a sense of protectiveness that Sydney doesn't feel frequently.

Sydney wasn't as nice as she should have been to Anissa, growing up, but at the same time, she wasn't a bully... at least not compared to how some of the other girls treated Anissa. She wasn't innocent of leaving Anissa out whenever possible, and looking down on her, but Sydney likes to think that she's matured some since then. Still, though, she can't help but to criticize Adeline, as gently as she can, about how she needs to learn to choose better company. Anissa has never done anything wrong to Sydney (as far as she knows), but she has never been able to shake the sentiment that Anissa just wasn't worthy of their elite company or friendship.

Sydney and Avan are neither friends nor enemies. She dislikes him for the very petty reason that she doesn't like people who think that they can do more than her, and he seems to think that. Anyone who thinks that they can do something for her, that she can't do for herself, must be delusional, and she refuses to humor Avan into thinking that he has access to anything that she couldn't get from a million other people. That's not even mentioning how Sydney is a pretty clean-cut girl and doesn't delve into the dark side too deeply, so she genuinely doesn't have a need for him.

Make no mistake about it - Sydney definitely does not like Cassidy. However, she doesn't hate her either. She wouldn't admit it, but she actually thinks that if Cassidy wasn't so weird, she could be a useful asset. She has a quick wit to her, and knows how to be bitchy. Those are admirable traits in the Upper East Side, at least to Sydney, who has seen how essential those characteristics can be in the social system. At the same time, at this point in time, after what she went through with Lani, and now with Adeline's connection to Cassidy via their parents' marriage, Sydney would never attempt to be nice to Cassidy, nonetheless befriend her. They have a bad relationship, but it's not something that bothers or intimidates Sydney. If anything, it's amusing, on the days that Sydney feels like entertaining the idea of Cassidy's relevancy and engaging with her.

Describe Relationship

Sydney has a bit more respect for Lani, in the sense of seeing her as an equal, than she does Adeline, so she would never vocalize how she feels like Jamie is similar to Adeline's situation with Anissa... that it's perplexing how someone like Lani would humor a friendship with someone like Jamie. Sydney knows to keep her hands clean of that drama, so she's curt, yet cordial, whenever Jamie is around. She has no reason to dislike or hate him, and Lani's love for him should be enough to make Sydney accept him... but it isn't... and so she's as neutral as she can be, around someone who she feels like weighs her social appeal down.

Describe Relationship

Maybe Lani and Sydney's relationship is one that would be unexpected, but at the same time, Sydney couldn't imagine not having Lani in her inner circle. She and Lani are very similar in a lot of ways. Both girls have a big presence at Constance Billard, and the Upper East Side youth population in general. Sydney has a lot of respect for the place of power that Lani has in the school, and when it comes down to it, that respect is necessary, in order for their friendship to work. Lani respects Sydney's place at the top of the social ladder, and Sydney respects how well Lani built herself up in school. The girls can check each other without too many feelings being involved, and merely because Sydney has a genuine level of respect for Lani, she does take what the girl says to heart. If Sydney needed something, she knows that Lani would be there for her, and she would do just as much for her friend.

Sydney could match the name to his face, but she doesn't know Liam personally, and has no desire to change that at this point, really.

ImageL I A M - K O C H
When you're Sydney Persson, you don't just settle for anyone. A Queen doesn't need a King, to stay a Queen, and as people like to stay, historically, Queens have always been better off without their King, anyway. That was why Sydney had always been very content being single, and brushing off anyone who tried to court her as being a few too many levels below her. Liam Koch had always been different though, and Sydney's view of that was definitely clear when she began to hook up with him, seemingly with no strings attached, at first. Things began to get more serious, or at least in terms of traditional relationships, but it wasn't until May that the two actually started dating. Sydney's modelling career had taken off earlier during junior year, but with school out of the way, summer was her time to embrace more opportunities. In the midst off all of this, her relationship was forced to the back burner, but she never would have suspected that she had neglected it so badly that Liam would break up with her unexpectedly, right before school began. At this point, she's still more hurt than anything, but Sydney has always been wonderful at turning off her feelings and putting on the resting bitch face, and she's more than ready to do that this year. Anything to make sure that she doesn't look vulnerable.

Sydney doesn't think of Ness as being too important, so she really doesn't devote much time into figuring out who this girl is and what her purpose is. However, whenever she does come up, Sydney's skepticism lies in the girl's reputation for being such a goody two shoes. She doesn't believe that it's all true, and it's more of a representation of Sydney than anyone else, that part of her wants something to happen to prove that Ness isn't all "sugar and spice and all things nice". Until that day comes, Sydney is happy with Ness being an irrelevant and unproblematic person who rarely gets in her way.

Describe Relationship

StarStruck
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby royals on Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:01 am

Adeline is a friend of Hunter's. They aren't best friends, and they would never really get deep with one another on an emotional level, but she's fun to party with, or even just chill with. Having a pretty face like hers at a party always attracts more people, and the fact that she's actually not a bitch (at least once you get some vodka into her), makes her even more of a good partying buddy.

Describe Relationship

Avan's known as "the hookup" for a good reason, and Hunter uses him as his one shop stop for a variety of things. He was the person who hooked him up with his fake ID, who will write an A worthy history paper for a couple hundred dollars, who always manages to have absinthe and other liquors that are banned in the states on hand, and who's there with weed or party drugs, whenever it's needed. It helps that Avan is likable outside of their business transactions. Hunter would definitely consider him to be a friend, though they don't run in the same clique.

Can you blame Hunter for thinking that Cassidy is attractive? He's not even just attracted to her physically, but that attitude and firey attitude she has admittedly turns him on too... so yeah, he does like pushing her buttons some times, and he likes getting a reaction out of her. He's annoying to her purposely, usually, because he knows that behind her eye rolls and sharp comments is a girl that's a lot more fun than she likes to show.

Hunter thinks that Jamie is a good guy, and they're definitely friendly. Although Hunter respects that Jamie isn't as engulfed in partying as he is, it doesn't stop him from always shooting him a text whenever he's hosting a party. The guy's presence won't make or break Hunter's night, but he likes him enough to at least extend the invite.

Describe Relationship

Lani is definitely one of the coolest girls he knows, because she's so chill. Yeah, yeah, he knows that it's "stereotypical" and all to say that most girls are dramatic and crazy, but when you grow up in the upper east side, it's really not that far from true. Lani breaks the mold of that unbearably dramatic teenage girl stereotype, for sure, and Hunter truly appreciates the easy to maintain friendship that they have.

Describe Relationship

ImageL I A M - K O C H
Hunter considers Liam to be one of his best friends. He's the kind of guy who Hunter can party with, play video games with, or act as a wingman to when they're out at a club. Liam is adventerous, and so is Hunter, so that alone makes them a good match as friends. Hunter likes being active and doing things, and having someone who's usually up for the challenge of getting into trouble, makes it a no-brainer, that they would be friends.

Ness was a familiar face to Hunter, when he saw her at a conjoined St. Jude's and Constance Billard SGA meeting, because she had acted in a play with his twin, Cody, back when they were in middle school. That was all Hunter needed to feel comfortable breaking the ice and starting a conversation with her, and ever since, the two have been friends. They were never extremely close, but like Jamie, Hunter always did his best to remember to invite her to his parties. She finally came to one, at the end of the last year, and Hunter was pleasantly surprised with getting to know Ness outside of their traditional encounters. He thinks that it must have been all of the alcohol, but seeing her loosen up a bit definitely made him look at her differently, and it was definitely in a good way, too.

Describe Relationship

Hunter knows that there isn't a guy who attends St. Jude's that wouldn't absolutely love to be the King to Sydney's reign as Queen. He knows even better, that he's no exception to that rule, and he hasn't ever been. He's been crushing on Sydney for as long as he's known her, and even though, an attempt at making out with her during the summer of junior year led to her promising him that she would never want him in that sense, he still isn't quite over her. Hell, even one of his best friends, Liam, started hooking up with, and then dating her, he couldn't find himself completely over his fantasy of being with her. However, he isn't delusional, and is content enough, knowing that the two will likely just be good friends forever. That realization isn't going to stop him from undressing her in his head, but oh well.

royals
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby la.lune on Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:04 am

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

ImageL I A M - K O C H
Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

Describe Relationship

la.lune
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!