Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Pokemon Experience

The Pokemon Experience

a part of “The Pokemon Experience”, a fictional universe by Music.

Characters train, battle, and grow with their Pokemon. Open to a large number of RPers. No storyline, so you can join whenever you feel like joining!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Pokemon Experience”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Pokemon Experience

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XigRawr723 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:43 pm

Lol I think ReEvolution didn't read all of the RP, she just completely neglected to mention that my character interrupted her conversation. xD
I am the boy that sets your girl on fire,
When she dances, oh, she knows its right,
We'll send them all to hell. - Jonny Craig of Emarosa-

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XigRawr723
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredMind on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:19 pm

Ok , all ready Music threw a character and all, first If memory serves me right the road to pass from Johto to Kanto was route 22? As you asked I didnΒ΄t started in Hoenn not that I know that zone of memory... So thatΒ΄s why she is in Viridian city.

Question!! HM, how are we using them? are you giving us the little objects as prize like the games or do we can choose if the pokemon can use the skills that they fit them (ex. water-surf---pokemon with claws, plant- cut, etc) and other question moves like double team were TM that also goes as always? or can we train the pokemons to have some of this skills (say some since I donΒ΄t want to see Rattatas with Toxic).
|| Now I know that IΒ΄m the bane of my existence...||
True Story

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ShatteredMind
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:45 pm

Okay, about the Route: I'm pretty sure. *shrugs nonchalantly* If you look under the "Places" tab in the roleplay, you can see all the places that I've added so far. Only halfway there... but it should say somewhere. Just take the road west from Viridian. I'll figure out what it is before you actually leave Viridian.

As for the attacks, you don't need to use an HM to be able to cross bodies of water and such. Just be realisitc. For example, in the games, you could teach a baby Squirtle Surf and then cross the ocean. But that doesn't make sense, since the poor thing would probably die from exhaustion. If you have a Pokemon that's capable of using an ability (such as Surf, Teleport, Cut), you'll be able to. Just post ahead of time (say, Suzzy says, "I want to get to Pallet Town really fast. I'll use my Abra to teleport there') and I'll tell you in the GM post whether or not that's possible.

As for other moves, just be realistic as to your Pokemon's capabilities. I don't care if you use moves that normally wouldn't be there, as long as they make sense for the Pokemon and aren't way overpowered. (Mareeps can't use Horn Drill. Nor can they use Thunder.)

I won't be posting to the IC tonight. Too much work to do. ReEvolution needs to move her post to Pallet Town...

This roleplay is a LOT of work. I may be putting a temporary limit on the number of people that are allowed to join until I get into an easier time. Like summer. That would be awesome.

Music
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredMind on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:54 pm

Ok got it, donΒ΄t worry IΒ΄m an old school player I didnΒ΄t pass from the Ruby/Sapphire versions since barely died from dissapointment with Colosseum (A lot of reasons) so I stuck u in the ruby attacks, and I get the HM thing canΒ΄t use surf on a Magikarp (canΒ΄t) or a Goldeen (Size) so yeah I will start moving later. I need to think in the starter skills of my Bagon.

ShatteredMind
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lobos on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Just a forewarning, I'll be gone for most of this weekend. I may get on once or twice, but I'll be at my girlfriend's. No promises on posts.
Serenade the moon, and let loose your howl.

Lobos
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lobos on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:51 am

Apologies for the double post, but I have a question.

If we are about to battle an NPC wild Pokemon, regardless of intention to capture or not, do we have to go through the whole Chat battle process? I'm just thinking about flow of RP.

On another note, about 2 hours after this post I'll be gone for the weekend.

Lobos
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:58 pm

Alright, thanks for letting me know, Cryovizard. It's no problem at all.

For any wild Pokemon, you'll just post to the IC. All Pokemon you'll encounter in the wild will be fairly weak, so you will only need two or three posts in order to defeat it or catch it. For legendary Pokemon encounters, I haven't worked that out yet, but I'll figure it out if that should become more important. It will be extremely difficult to encounter a legendary Pokemon.

Music
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:52 pm

I'm tempted to possibly jump in as well...not sure, though, as I'm not sure if I want to go with Tekno or somebody else.

I do have an odd question--even though we're starting in Kanto, could I have it to where my character is from another region that isn't in the games? And is it preferable they start out with a weak Pokemon, as like a beginning trainer? Just thought I'd ask...

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:34 am

Haha, go for it. It's kind of a no-pressure roleplay, meaning you can take it at your pace. BTW, I'll be posting to the other roleplay as soon as I finish a ten-page essay that's due Monday. O_o

As for starting in Kanto, you don't have to. It's just random chance that everyone so far has chosen that region to begin in. RIght now, Kanto, Johto, and some of Hoenn is open to start in. And if you want to start in Sinnoh, then you'll have to wait, because it takes forever to input all the places to the roleplay. But you have to start in one of the four regions.

I would prefer if your character was from one of the four regions as well, but if you wanted to make up a region, send me a map or some sort of basic explanition and I'll add it to the list of places I have to add. A made-up region would be fun to toy with.

The only other requirement is that they begin with a basic or baby level Pokemon. But this doesn't mean that they have to be pathetically weak. Your Pokemon, even though it wouldn't be evolved yet, could be fairly powerful.

The only reason I have the whole 'characters must be approved' thing set up is to prevent a buttload of new trainers bombarding me this weekend. So go ahead and submit, and I'll tell you if there is anything that you would need to change.

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:14 am

Okay, gotcha.

I have a very crudely drawn map of Vohkani (Tekno's home region) drawn and uploaded to my computer somewhere. I'll post it or PM it to you, whichever you'd like.

And I completely understand. I might make some minor changes to Tekno here than in the other roleplay...or I may keep them and integrate them into the other one, not sure. LOL

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:41 pm

That would be great, if you could PM it to me. Also include an backstory that the region has, such as any Gym Leaders and such...

As for Tekno, it's your choice... XD

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:19 am

Okay.

Sorry it took me so long to get around to this--meant to do this, like, a million years ago!

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:45 pm

Haha, it's okay... after all, that's the idea of the roleplay... since you're travelling alone (for the most part) you can take things at your own pace. So if you have to take a reprieve from RPing, you can always come back anytime you want and it (hopefully) won't be dead.

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:42 pm

I have a dumb question, what's with the number each post, anyway? Is this like our other roleplay where we just randomly pick a number, from a select range, and have the next post (events, outcomes) be determined by luck of the draw?

If it is, I apologize, because each post I had was simply increasing in number with each successive post. >XD And I was a little ignorant otherwise, and I just wanted to ask for clarification. Or does the "roll of the die" only apply to stuff like battles?

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredMind on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:33 pm

I think Music is using a roll system, just like you say, at least according to this post in the arena:

Music wrote:((Just so you are aware, this is why we choose numbers. The closer your number is to the one I pick, the more favorable I make my moves to you. You chose 3, my number was 4... ))

And that would explain how I barely ended without the chance to catch a pokemon... twice.

So yeah, we are playing like dungeons and drangons, rolling to decide which comes next.

ShatteredMind
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:56 pm

Yeah, it's kind of like the other roleplay, except I base my moves every turn off of the number. It applies in battles, but it also is out of battle.

For example, if you're in a conversation with a character that I haven't really explored character-wise yet, then I choose the personality based on how close your number was to mine. If it's right on the button, then that character might have a personality that complements yours, or if they already have a personality determined, then they'll be more favorable to the character.

Wild Pokemon also use this method. If it's pretty clear that you're looking for a Pokemon (or even if you're not) then I'll roll to see (a)whether you can find a Pokemon and (b) how good of a Pokemon I consider it to be. A good example is the fact that, since ShatteredMind rolled my number before my last post, she found a Skitty that didn't even need to be battled in order to own it.

A third example: if you're wandering around in the wild, then I'll use them to figure out how lost you get.

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredMind on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:14 pm

Music wrote:((Haha, another thing I'm winging. Since I'm not sure, let's just assume that in Johto and Kanto, they charge for food and rooming at the Pokemon Center, since they don't have enough room for all of the new trainers. By the way, do you remember the name of the big company from Hoenn? It's not Silph Co...))

Oh I know this one since my chara is from the Hoenn universe, the Silph Co of Hoenn is called Devon Corporation (aka Devon Co) an itΒ΄s "base" is in Rustboro City.

ShatteredMind
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:00 pm

Ah, okay. Yeah, that makes sense.

It also makes sense my character Tekno (who has never been to Kanto before, ever) would not know of the Pokemon Center charging for rooming, like he was confused, since the Centers in his home region of Vohkani do not. To him, the only thing he is aware of that they charge for meals (since they DO have to make money somehow).

Alright, that clears things up a bit more. Thanks!

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:57 pm

Hey everyone, sorry for my absense from the roleplay. I've just been very busy with schoolwork, other work, and other roleplays that I just haven't had time to put forth the necessary work for this.

But anyway, now I'm back. :D

For people who haven't posted in a while or plan to take an extended absense, that's fine, as I've said before. If you're travelling with anyone besides me in the roleplay, you'll probably want to let them know, but other than that, it's just kind of 'at your leisure'.

Anyway, it's back to the grindstone. Hopefully, I'll start to get closer to inputting all the places in Hoenn soon, since people are travelling there. O_o

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:48 am

*pokes roleplay with a stick lightly*

... ...

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!