Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Rarely, They Meet

Rarely, They Meet

a part of “Rarely, They Meet”, a fictional universe by Cloasse.

If the situation is so dire that an entire group of hunters are required, how well does it bode for humanity?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Rarely, They Meet”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Rarely, They Meet

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LuciousTurtle88 on Tue May 04, 2010 12:13 pm

I just posted my character, if anything needs to be changed let me know!
[b][b]Life is not about how many breaks you take,
its how many memories you recall,
how many dances you strike,
and how many kisses and hugs make you feel alive.

While Living, Laughing, Loving, and Learning.
Always Remember that!!
[/b][/b]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LuciousTurtle88
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Tue May 04, 2010 6:59 pm

LuciousTurtle88:

I'm sorry, but I will be rejecting your character for reasons which will be outlined in the message you should receive as soon as I have finished typing it.

If you wish to find out about your character's problems prior to my rejection so that you may make the required changes, then please PM me or ask me in this OOC topic.

I will be rejecting your character tomorrow (Wednesday, 5 May 2010) if you do not request some advice on changing your character to suit the RP.

Lain

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cloasse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Tue May 04, 2010 7:58 pm

I am on GMT US and I can get on any time after 3:30 but expect sporadic posting as I tend to have several projects (My school LOVES giving us at home projects) to do and I could get caught up in researching some obscure 13th century artist's girlfriend's brother's inventor cousin and may only remember to post a few minutes later (I'll constantly check in on the chat to minimize this though).
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in the world; of these heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared."

Rincewind
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Wed May 05, 2010 7:26 pm

I'm in South Florida(not sure what time zone that is), and can get on between roughly 7:50 and 9:00 if I get accepted. Other than that, absolutely sporadic.
ImageImage ImageImage

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LuciousTurtle88 on Wed May 05, 2010 11:25 pm

you never responded back to my email and i just got home. I work a lot so let me know what needs to be changed?

LuciousTurtle88
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Thu May 06, 2010 8:41 am

LuciousTurtle88: I have received no correspondence from you on this account's PM, nor in my personal email. Your character will be rejected and you will receive a detailed list of reasons as to why your character has been rejected as soon as I have completed it.

Xiphoniii: Your character will be accepted, but only if you can give me a reason as to why he would be present in this RP in the first place. Your character sheet states:

"a dangerous enterprise as a demon who loses his life when not bonded to a human doesn't return to below but blinks out of existence. Still the time has come to act and if he will have no partner in it then work alone he must."

I take this to mean that your character alone will lose existence if he is not bonded to a human when his physical manifestation is destroyed, because this is a very certain statement to make in regards to all of the demons who may be in the RP and it would be unfair to assume that your idea of demons should apply to others' characters.

As previously mentioned, I need to know why he is involved in this RP - is he seeking some form of revenge? Does he plan on aiding other demons, the hunters, or the angels? This does not need to be set in stone, but I am confused as to why he would be involved here.

Thank you

Lain-Ange

Cloasse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frozen Soul on Sun May 09, 2010 2:40 pm

Salutations my little minions. Cloasse, i'm going to keep this short and sweet - My timezone is UK + 2, I finish classes at around 12-1 PM your time, and can mostly be online every single day from around 5-6 UK time, depending on the exact day. Regarding the means of starting this RP, I fully trust you and thus I shan't be throwing any ideas around.

Cheers !

Frozen Soul
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Sun May 09, 2010 4:50 pm

Say what, Frozen_Soul? Throw those ideas! Throw them now!

Thanks terribly for joining and giving us this information. As you should already be aware, you character has been accepted.

People, start telling me which days of the following week are good for you, and we'll go for a majority.

Personally, every day past 5 PM UK Standard Time is good for me.

Lain-Angelelique

Cloasse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Sun May 09, 2010 5:21 pm

The weekends and Friday are goods days for me.As well as every other day of the week but Friday and Sunday are the days I'll be most reliably on.

Rincewind
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Sun May 09, 2010 5:28 pm

Hmm...

Mon-Fri 6:00-8:00 PM (that is your time by the way) Any times after that, will depend on my day-to-day situation.
Self Proclaimed, Master Realm Weaver: need help creating a RP? PM me!

Vivid-Minds; a society of sophisticated RPers and Roleplays. Join us?

...LIVE in your world, ROLEPLAY in mine...

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frozen Soul on Mon May 10, 2010 4:20 am

Well dear, you are quite aware of the fact that you always had a special chamber reserved for yourself in my pitch-black heart, and thus, through a logical deduction, you should have assumed I would be offering my writing talent to your tale as soon as I actually had the time to haunt these boards once more.

Regarding the ideas:

A - I am unaware of the exact mechanisms you have set in place for this Roleplay, yet I shall assume that one cannot become a Devil Hunter unless receiving a type of upbringing in this sector (unless we are speaking o Angels and/or Half-Angels). If my assumption was correct, then as a plot starter, you could create an Alpha Devil Hunter (a person which had contact with all, if not at least most of us, and participated in our schooling as warriors) and have him call out to his apprentices for aid due to some unknown peril. We, as loyal disciples, will of course make haste in order to assist him, only to find that he was corrupted by tainted magics and was summoning his apostles only to corrupt their own souls in order to gather himself an army and spread the usual chaos and disaster. This could also be our first large-scale encounter.

B - Yet again, I am unaware if for example the Church has any role at all in your role-play, if it does not, disregard the following paragraph. You could for example have the high-clergy exile all Devil Hunters of Human and other nature, excepting Angels, from their ranks, due to unknown motives (you could for example state that the Catholic church no longer considers that anyone else, disregarding God's missionaries, can perfectly fulfill the role). When receiving such news, an uprising will of course take place and our group of merry men will march to the Popes gates to contest the newly-given law, only to find that the high-council together with the Pope himself had been assassinated. When trying to leave the Cathedral (or where ever you would wish for the Pope to live), we would of course encounter the band of selfish little demons which killed them and have our first spar (Devil Hunters skirmishing with underworld creatures in a Church, now that is a fun image).

C - You could have the Devils steal our cookies, and in an unseen thirst for revenge we shall knock on Satans door and ask for our cookies back, after which beat his face in.

These ideas are slightly rough and unpolished, but you can expand on them and change anything you see fit if they tempt you from any angle.

Frozen Soul
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Fri May 14, 2010 12:46 pm

Wondering if we'll be able to start tonight at some point? Just as a meeting of sorts between all of the hunters/angels in allegiance with the hunters.

As far as I am aware, CHain_Way's character and my own are the two pulling this meeting together. We can always works things out at the time if possible.

It's currently 18:47 GMT, so if anyone thinks they WON'T be online within the next four hours for some decent amount of time, let me know.

Cloasse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri May 14, 2010 1:37 pm

Hmm, I will try...

A PM reminder would be nice.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Sat May 29, 2010 7:40 am

Right! After a pretty long absence from this thread, I think it's about time I got my act together and we decided on a day for some of us to get together in the chat with our characters. I think there we can decide, in real time, what the characters will be facing rather than trying to discuss it over forums where some of us may be absent from the conversation.

Thanks, and I apologise for the absence,

Lain

Cloasse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Sun May 30, 2010 12:20 pm

I really hope this hasn't died.It had so much potential,and I would hate to see it all crumble.

Rincewind
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Sun May 30, 2010 2:51 pm

Well I'm still in.

As for the chat discussion, just let me know when. And as I said earlier, a PM reminder would be nice, but I am perfectly capable of remembering dates and times.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!