Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Right to Live

The Right to Live.

a part of “The Right to Live”, a fictional universe by Lobos.

The year is 2353, and the world has been overrun by creatures referred to as demons. Humanity is facing utter extinction, and it is time that we stopped running and took the fight to them for a change.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Right to Live”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Right to Live.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lobos on Thu May 06, 2010 5:45 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Right to Live."

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Serenade the moon, and let loose your howl.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lobos
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: [OOC] The Right to Live.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Sun May 09, 2010 10:37 pm

Hey Cryo. I love the idea of the RP and how you blended several popular elements. I just had a few questions:

1)You mentioned that the energy has caused sickness and mutations. Are these good "I can run super fast/heal/quicker than lightening agility" or bad "cancer/physical disability" mutations?
2) I'm not sure of the exact words you used, but you said something along the lines of humans having small pockets left to live in. Are these pockets right under the demon's noses (like in sewers or in the abandoned part of the city) or some far off place that demons can't be bothered caring about (like the middle of the rain forest or top of some sparse mountain)?
3) Purely for my own curiosity, as it would have no impact on my character or her/his part in the story, but are the demons just plain evil, or are they misguided by a superior "Demon King"?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lobos on Sun May 09, 2010 10:58 pm

Great to hear from you, and more than happy to answer your questions.

For the first, mutations are both beneficial and detrimental. There is always a give and take to them, for example someone who's mutated to have rending claws essentially loses the ability to use conventional weaponry. After all, how do you hold a sword or gun when your fingers are reptilian talons? For anyone who has mutated to use Runes, the instant detriment to that is it saps at their physical stamina. The greater the Rune power, the greater the drain. In any other way, feel free to use your creativity, but remember to include a drawback to it that fits the mutation.

To your second question, the pockets of humanity are indeed right under the demons' noses. Underground caverns, sewers, places that would be overlooked by casual foraging and searches. Some are in plain sight, like the top floor of a ruined building, others are very clever, hidden within miles of the underground tunnels. Just remember what district your in (There are 5, read the descriptions) and you'll be fine.

And finally, to your third, the demons are naturally evil. Its sort of takeover thing, they came to Sol purely to reap the bloody harvest and create a new world for themselves. Live or die, its extermination.

Hope that answers your questions, and as a side note I will be working on the general demon classes that you'll be encountering in the RP. After that, I'll bring up the Knightmares.

Lobos
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lobos on Mon May 10, 2010 4:46 pm

Hate double posting like this, but excellent character Genesis. Very easy to interact with, and being ex-military should prove to be an asset to the resistance.

Just one little nitpick, could you move the ability he gained by the energy to the equipment section? That fits under the Rune category of powers.

Lobos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Genesis Rhapsodos on Mon May 10, 2010 11:31 pm

Yes I realized my mistake while looking at your skeleton, but wanted to wait and see if you approved until I edited it. Thank you for the praise but it was really quite easy with the amazing story you have come up with.

Further editing questions: was I right to assume the Military was mostly obliterated? I figured sense there is so little of humanity left the soldiers would have been the first to go, but if not I will gladly change it. Also I mentioned what district my character was in, but that can change at any time depending where you want to go with this. Thanks for the feedback and I look forward to the story.
Valar Morghulis

Genesis Rhapsodos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lobos on Tue May 11, 2010 8:06 pm

Thanks for the fix. ;)

As to the question you would be correct. The military was the first to break up, being the first to engage the demon hordes.

As to your district, everyone isn't likely to solely begin in District 1. If you begun to set up the resistance in another district, should the survivors of another district succeed, they could move on to yours to find the situation already well advanced and make for an easy wrap up to that next district. But the decision is entirely up to you.

Hope I answered all questions to satisfaction, we're just looking for some more people before we can get the ball rolling.

Lobos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kawai Maria on Tue May 11, 2010 8:29 pm

Imma create a character latter. She'll be mutated slightly but not enough to be like super beast or anything. Just enough to make her "cute" in my oppinion :D

Kawai Maria
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lobos on Tue May 18, 2010 4:19 pm

Sorry I've been a while without posting, things got a little hectic in the brain. ^^'

In any case, all characters have been accepted thus far, those who I addressed for alterations in their profiles should post whether or not they have done so. If you have not yet followed my requests, please do so and make clear that you did.

All in all though, the characters look good. A reminder and request, if you would PLEASE tell any friends you have about it, put feelers out for interest and the like, that would be appreciated. I'd hate for this all to die on me from lack of players and interest, and I'm sure you would all too. ;)

That's all for now, folks.

Lobos
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!