Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Detective Comics Forever

Detective Comics Forever

a part of “Detective Comics Forever”, a fictional universe by MidnightFlight.

The superheroes you know and love are back to defeat the supervillians you know and love. There are canons, but if you want to make your own character you can do that to. Join up, you know you want to.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Detective Comics Forever”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Detective Comics Forever

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightFlight on Wed May 26, 2010 3:07 pm

Back when the Justice League were just seven superheroes trying to keep their world safe, one of their first and more memorable challenges were to fend off a hostile alien invasionâ€Ļ no, not the one that caused them to form the JLA, but a far different one. For one thing, the invader was just one female alienâ€Ļ for another, she did her invading quietly, blending in amongst the Human populace and rising to a position of power. Her intentions were to take Earth over and make it the home planet for her people, who were growing less and less now that their planet was swiftly entering an ice age that her people simply couldn’t survive.

Her reasons were right, her actions wrong. Nevertheless, she nearly succeeded in her plan and had it not been for Batman’s infamous skills as a detective, she would never have been discovered and consequently defeated and cast out into space.

Which is why, many years later, she has returned and settled in Gotham to slowly tear the city apart before its beloved protectors eyes. Then she’ll deal with everyone else.

Welcome to the Detective Comics Animated Roleplay! Do place extra emphasis on the Animated, please. =D

The plot is short and sweet to serve as a basis for the roleplay to expand upon. I encourage all to introduce other plots into the roleplay and even add more onto the current plot. Original characters are allowed, but I want plenty of canons as well.

The setting is mid-October (autumn) of 2010; it’s cool but not quite cold, with warm days mixed in, and the leaves are steadily dropping from the trees. Gotham will be the main location in the roleplay, but it won’t be the only location. You can just as easily post that you’re in Metropolis or in space or in some other city.

Roleplay Rules

--Follow RPG’s rules.
--Don’t Godmod; it’s lame.
--No explicit or r-rated material please. (That means anything that violates RPG’s rules!)
--Use common sense at all times.
--USE the character sheet!

Superheroes

Superman
Batman
The Flash
Green Lantern
Hawkgirl
Wonderwoman
Martian Manhunter
Static Shock – Played by MidnightFlight
Anyone else you want to play that isn’t listed here.

Supervillains

The Joker –Played by Myrin
Harley Quinn –Played by Myrin
Poison Ivy
Two Face
Lex Luthor
Gorilla Grodd
Brainiac
The Shade
Star Sapphire
Sinestro
Anyone else you want to play that isn’t listed here.

Original Superheroes

Original Supervillains

Jordan Mendoza A.K.A Xipil –Played by MidnightFlight

Original Character Sheet

Code: Select all
Name:
Alias: (Your Superhero/villain name.)
Affiliation:
Appearance: (Description or picture is fine.)
Personality:
Bio: (Optional.)
Powers/Abilities:
Weaknesses/Limitations:
Anything else you want to add.

Canon Character Sheet

Code: Select all
Name: (Optional)
Alias: (Optional)
Race: (Optional)
Appearance: (Optional)
Personality: (Optional)
Bio: (Optional)
Powers/Abilities: (Optional)
Weaknesses/Limitations:  (Optional)
Sample Post: Yes, canons are required to give sample posts so I know that you’ve got the character’s personality correct. I don’t particularly care for fighting scenes unless they reveal the character’s personality.

Notes and Updates

If you want to add a plot to the roleplay, don’t hesitate to PM me outlining the plot and/or giving me a summary to add to the OOC. If there are details that you want kept between you and me, please point them out to me so I don’t include them in the OOC.
Shimahamaru says:
WTF! STAY IN THERE!!!!

Shimahamaru says:
*stuffs character in*

Cadnumber: 12
Pseudoletter: Chi

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MidnightFlight
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Detective Comics Forever

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Wed May 26, 2010 5:05 pm

Seeing as the Joker has been taken and I'm writting this with a Wii Remote, can I get a profile for the Riddler to you later when I can connect my laptop to the internet? I'll take forever and a day without a keyboard.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tyro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightFlight on Wed May 26, 2010 6:03 pm

You sure can, sorry for the late reply.

MidnightFlight
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Thu May 27, 2010 11:51 am

Shall I get posting?

Tyro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightFlight on Thu May 27, 2010 12:24 pm

Not just yet. I'm waiting on a few more characters before we start posting.

MidnightFlight
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Thu May 27, 2010 12:27 pm

Whisper is finished - but I'll be putting up a hero at some point either today or tomorrow. :)
Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Thu May 27, 2010 4:42 pm

Do you think I should make a Hero too or is the Anti-Hero route I'm planning for the Riddler enough. I'm happy to have several characters.

Tyro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightFlight on Thu May 27, 2010 5:32 pm

You can have as many characters as you can handle, but I don't want one person getting to many of the major canons, so run them by me, please. =D

MidnightFlight
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PandoraBox on Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:34 am

hey everyone. Sorry if i wasn't supposed to, but i have started posting and think it would be awesome if everyone joined in now :)
{insert witty signature here}

PandoraBox
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MidnightFlight on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:52 pm

I know I didn't post a minimum post limit, but I do expect you guys to take the time to put some effort into your posts. These posts are something I could type up in five minutes without thinking... and where's the fun in that?

So, the new posting minimum is ten lines, not counting empty spaces. Please put some effort into this roleplay... it will only succeed if everyone's actually trying.

MidnightFlight
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PandoraBox on Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:06 pm

okay i just posted, sorry for not posting for a few days. I put more effort to make this one longer.

PandoraBox
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:18 pm

<< WHERE IS THE BLASTED IC?! XD
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PandoraBox on Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:23 pm

it's under activity or posting.....

PandoraBox
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:28 am

<<... You know I didn't know there was an rp tab of this since it doesn't show under her profile? << How... lame.

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Detective Comics Forever

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilitaryBeetle on Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:45 pm

Hey, Is this roleplay still going on, id like to join as the Question

MilitaryBeetle
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!