Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

ABRACADABRA::IC::CLOSED

a topic in Fanfics & Other Fiction-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Anime based, book based, movie based. For those who don't want to spend extra time developing an original world.

ABRACADABRA::IC::CLOSED

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Meggie on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:20 pm

ABRACADABRA!

Kenna Oughton pulled loosly on the straps of her oversized backpack walking home from school one day. Without even a minute's glance, Kenna noticed a large circus poster stapled to a telephone pole. She stopped and examined the poster more closely. "Tonight! One day only!" It read. Kenna smiled and took the poster off the telephone pole then stuffed it in her pocket. Kenna walked all the way home a little more happy than before. When she got to her house, she slapped the poster down on the counter where her parents were preparing dinner. "Please, please, please can I go?" She asked. Her father barely glanced at it and slammed down a knife on a carrot. "But daddy-" Her mom was peeling potatoes and cut her off. "Your father said no McKenna, listen to your father." Kenna groaned and jogged up the stairs to her room. "I'm going wether they like it or not." She said as she threw her backpack across her room. The words listed on the bottom of the poster played through her head on a loop. Tonight! One day only!

(I kinda changed my mind, the teens are all strangers and don't know each other. They should all find posters for the circus on your first post, okay?)
"Dude, do you know what that is?" "Nope, do you?" "Nope, Google that shit."
;)
When in doubt, Google it out!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Miss Meggie
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: ABRACADABRA::IC::CLOSED

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamingForever on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Ella grabbed her little brother’s hand and pulled him away from the candy aisle. “No candy. It’ll ruin your dinner,” she scolded gently. She picked up the fixings for the dinner she was going to make and then brought them over to the cashier who rung them up quickly. Ella paid and grabbed the newly bagged groceries, having her little brother Noah pick up a few as well.

They walked home slowly along the sidewalks, hand in hand. A feeling overtook Ella and her eyes drifted up to a light pole a few feet ahead of her and locked on a large circus poster. She felt as if in a trance as her eyes read the print. Tonight! One day only! The urge to go suddenly overwhelmed her until she could hardly see straight. She brushed a strand of her red hair out of her face. She ripped the poster of the light pole and continued walking with Noah.

Reaching her house, she opened the front door and set the groceries on the kitchen counter. She began putting the groceries away when her mother walked in, a scowl on her face. Her scowl deepened as she noticed the flyer that had been left forgotten on the table. “What the hell is this, Isabella? You expect to go to this damn circus?”

Ella blushed a bright red and her eyes connected with the floor. “Oh, well I… I hoped so.” Her mother was a very angry and bitter woman, leaving the young teen to stay and take care of her two brothers, Noah and Jackson, while she went to get drunk.

Her mother gave an undignified snort. “You aren’t going anywhere. You’re staying here.” Her mother turned on her heel and walked to the front door, slamming it behind her.

Ella’s face grew anger and her eyes narrowed. “I’m sick of listening to her. I’m going.” She straightened her back and grinned. “I’m going to the circus.”
The name seems rather ironic if I’m an insomniac, doesn’t it? :3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DreamingForever
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: ABRACADABRA::IC::CLOSED

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iminmiamitrick2233 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:41 pm

Allison sighed boredly, gripping her mothers bag she began to search through it, trying to find the keys to the car. She gave up finnaly figuring her mother had hidden the keys somewhere else. She groaned and got up, she was incredible bored, there was nothing to do in her house the only place to go was the sign post down the street, where most the kids she knew hung out. Grabbing an oversized checkered bag she trudged to the rusty door and left. She knew her mother wouldnt care as long as she was home before eleven.
She figured if she could atleast be around people she wouldnt be so bored, but to her dismay there was noone at the sign post today. She groaned again and threw her bag down on the curb, she plopped down ontop of it with a great sigh. The wind was blowing hard today, making her hair get messed up and fall into her eyes. She cursed loudly and hung her head. Feeling something flap into her lap she looked up. It was a poster for a circus, it still had the tack stuck in it from the sign post. She stared down at it with growing excitment. What really caught her eye about this wonderful poster was what it said. Tonight! one day only! Allison sat there grinning like an idiot before stuffing the poster in her pocket and slinging the bag over her shoulder. She took off at a run down the road towards her blue house.
Allison flung the door open and was met at the doorway by the following eyes of her grandmother.
"oh grandma helen....I didnt know you'd be visiting today"
She cast a nervous glance at her pocket. Her grandma was the last person she wantwed to see before asking her mother if she could go to the circus. She looked up at her rickety stair, her mother stood there, ciggerette in her mouth, smoke billowing from her mouth. Allison cast one more glance at her grandma before gripping the poster and un folding it.
"mother i was wondering if i could-"
She hardly got to finish the sentance before her grandma snatched the poster and exclaimed in a harsh unnaproving voice.
"absolutly not! Amanda, i will not have my granddaughter going to some circus to see some drunk old men in clown suits and hokey old magic tricks!"
Said her grandma in a tone set to kill. Allison glared at her grandma, then made a pleading look towards her mother. Her mother on the other hand looked undecisive, not fully ready to go against her mother, but not ready to deprive her daughter of this one and only chance.
"please! it says its one night only! this is the only chance ill have"
She protested pleadingly. Her grandmother cast a harsh look upon her mother. Her mother shook her head and walked down the stairs.
"im sorry hun, but your granmothers right"
She said in a sorry tone.
"of course im right! now run along allison, your mother and I have important things to discuss, and take this filthy thing with you"
She said stufifng the poster into Allisons shaky hands. She glared at them both and ran up the stairs and into her room, she slammed the door and cursed. She kicked an empty gatorade bottle away and crumpled up the poster, threw it to the ground and said aloud.
"I dont care about them, im going wether they like it or not!"
She whispered and grabbed a ladder from her closet. She would use it to sneak out tonight.

iminmiamitrick2233
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!