Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Ghosts of Nottingham

Ghosts of Nottingham

a part of “Ghosts of Nottingham”, a fictional universe by Jadeling Hawkins.

Deep within the twisting confines of Sherwood Forest, a band of 'ghosts' fights to right the wrongs of an unjust king.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ghosts of Nottingham”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Ghosts of Nottingham

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Tue May 25, 2010 5:16 pm

As it is implied in the description of the game, this is a roleplay about Robin Hood. Or rather, inspired by Robin Hood. You will find that there will be significant differences from the traditional stories, but we'll just field those as they come.

If you wish to be involved in this game, feel free to apply. You may take a traditional Robin Hood character if you like, or you may create a completely original one.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Re: [OOC] Ghosts of Nottingham

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed May 26, 2010 3:13 pm

Alright everybody! I've started up two different scenes in two different locations. Feel free to leap in to one or the other (for example, if it makes sense, you could certainly be the person in the carriage Robyn is watching) or to start up your own.

Also, if you know someone who would enjoy this game, invite them!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Thu May 27, 2010 12:36 pm

Well this looks like it will be fun. I am looking forward to see where this will lead too.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Thu May 27, 2010 12:43 pm

Indeed! Using the new RP tab deal is proving most enjoyable, from a GM's standpoint. I'm not sure everyone knows to look directly at the game page to know when and where to post, however...or maybe everyone's just busy :)

Nice intros, Skall and Koh! Yours sort of reminds me of a scene at the beginning of 'The White Company,' by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Skall, in regards to the feel of looking back an a particular scene of one's life. Nice technique ;)

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Fri May 28, 2010 12:38 pm

I will get round to posting, I promise, but I'm currently about to go out and drink copious amounts of cheap cava to celebrate finishing my degree. I'll have a post up tomorrow!

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Fri May 28, 2010 1:06 pm

Ah, Congratulations Northern!!! What an incredible accomplishment! I salute you, and ask that you have as much fun celebrating as you can while still staying safe :) We need those amazing brains in tact, after all!

EDIT: Oh, and whoever wants to have their character show up at the castle, go right ahead. Robyn is in position. The Spotted Calf is also ready to go, in case anyone wants to go that route.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat May 29, 2010 10:47 am

I think the only issue I have will be that people have to remember where they are posting. To keep the story flowing properly we have to continue our posts in locales where they start unless they are split posts between two characters in two separate locations. A notation of where the second location is often helps so people can respond, such as Nottingham: Robyn Hood and Prince John, Spotted Calf: Delia and Cadfeal. This helps with continuity.

Just a suggestion.

Skall

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat May 29, 2010 8:41 pm

That's a good point, Skall. I know at least once I've forgotten to switch the location to where I was actually posting...and I'm the one who put in the time making the places!

I like what we've got going on so far; having Robyn on day-time ghostie duty has been fun :)

One thing I've been mulling over while reading some of these posts has been the Prince John/King Richard issue.

Traditionally, and in most of the legends, the monarchs involved are Prince John and his crusading brother, King Richard (as I'm sure we're all aware). However, I try to shy away from using historical figures, so that the artistic license doesn't have to be compromised against historic fact.

In the description of the game, I say that the past king was a good man, died unexpectedly, and was replaced by the former Sheriff. However, several people have, IC, made references to John and Richard.

So I think that the official route we're going to take is a combination of the two: the current king was the former Sheriff, and his name is John.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Sun May 30, 2010 11:29 am

OK... I've posted once with Zahra and will again in The Spotted Calf and with Gisbourne in the castle once I've figured out what the hell is going on... Having these multiple places under the tab system seems only to complicate things without actually adding anything to the RP.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Sun May 30, 2010 11:57 am

Just wanted to say thank you for the approval Jadeling. I'll probably find a good place to start somewhere in The Village of Nottingham and wait until I can start off with interacting with someone.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sun May 30, 2010 9:24 pm

Conqueror_Man, you are more than welcome. I look forward to seeing you active!

Just so everyone knows, I accidentally posted my post with the king twice, so I edited one of them to be a post with Robyn.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sun May 30, 2010 9:28 pm

Well this indeed looks as if some interesting happenings shall occur soon. Nottingham will certainly be a very busy place to be as this tapestry unfolds.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:45 pm

Hey guys, I want to appologize, mainly to Skall, because I will not be able to post until tomorrow night. Reason being is that I'm having t fix the fence on our propertiy after a storm last night blew down sections of it. Maybe, if times willing, I might be able to post it tomorrow morning or afternoon.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:50 pm

No worries Conqueror, take care of outside life first before you indulge in awesome writing banquets.

I do look forward to seeing what becomes of this case of mistaken identity, though!!

I went and saw the new Robin Hood movie last night. I've been a RH fan since I was less than a tot, and I'm always a little anxious about seeing or reading new interpretations of it. It's such an old story, and the definition of 'art' these days (art=tragedy) that it's just so easy to come up with a crappy soap opera drama wail fest...which is true for just about anything, I suppose, but as important as the Robin Hood stories were to me when I was a kid, it's always been a little closer to me.

So, I was concerned, after seeing the preview, that it was going to turn out more like 'Braveheart' (goodbyyyyye historical accuracy...) than anything else.

However: I loved it. It was more historically accurate than dramatic, if you know anything about Richard, John, and all of the other players involved, but still meshed the legend into it all. I would definitely promote it, if anyone is in need of inspiration or just a good nearly 3 hour movie :)

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:05 pm

Oh god, really? I watched it the other day and thought it was pretty horrendous... Half the cinema actually burst out laughing at the 'an Englishman's home is his castle' line and the slow-mo 'Nooooo!' during the D-day landing at the end. Plus Robin Hood's dad wrote the Magna Carta? Really?

And I'm not even going to go into Russell Crowe's accent...

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:40 pm

Conquerer Man no worries we all have life that takes precedence over the gooey goodness that is a collaborative writing project. I like the idea of the new Robin Hood being historically accurate, I try to follow it in my writings and as Jade can attest I am well versed in writing from a knight's perspective as well as a pirates....lol

Anyway yes I am enjoying the case of mistaken identity myself, I am looking forward to seeing how it will all play out.

Skall

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:02 am

Lawl! Very true, Northern, a few of those things gave me pause, too (especially the Magna Carta bit...that was just...weird). But I try to judge movies based on the overall, and since my big worry was that it was going to take the Robin Hood story and turn it into an uber dramatic soap opera type thing...I went away satisfied.

Probably my favorite part, though, was Little John's flirtation method. "Hey, she's about my size. I want to make her smile. HEY, COME 'ERE! I WANT TO MAKE YOU SMILE!!"

The weirdest thing to me, out of it all, was the whole...blind yeoman...giving Robin the news about his past...with some psychedelic arm-touch thing...I still don't get it.

As a whole, however, I stand by my 'entertaining' rating.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:36 am

I was going to rant and curse about the tab function not updating me on posts in this roleplay....but nothing has happened in the scene I'm in....in over a week.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:07 pm

Actually, IW, Koh has approached Cadfael. I was originally going to have Delia go straight up to Cad, but figured I'd wait a bit to see if someone else wanted to, and Koh got there, so...I was waiting for that to play out.

I was also going to have Delia approach the other two men who are engaging in the battle of mistaken identity, but wanted to at least wait until Conqueror Man posted again. CM, are you out there?

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:24 pm

Sorry about the long absence, I'm going to be with out internet for awhile. I'll try to keep up as best I can, but I'm not sure how well that will be. My posts will probably be a few days apart, maybe a week at the most. I'll write Lazarus into the background so you guys won't have to worry about me holding you all up. Again sorry for the long time between posts.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!