Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

And I ask you all...

a topic in Flame Wars, a part of the RPG forum.

PLEASE keep ANY quarrel to these forums. This is not an ammo dump, either. Please TRY to resolve your issues PEACEFULLY.

Re: And I ask you all...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Mon May 12, 2008 1:11 pm

Sorry to break it to you, Tobi.... but the Us government and the UK government are on in the same.

And.... they are our countries, yes.

There was a time when they weren't, yes?
Like I said.
Don't fuck over someone because they're from a different time.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mikhos
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Wed May 21, 2008 1:23 pm

Fucking illegals.. That's all I have to say on this subject...

Fuck

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Thu May 22, 2008 7:46 am

That's horribly vague, at best. You are guilty of the idea of blockism, treating them as one block. You must have context, or are you one of those people who follow the LAW ALWAYS and not the spirit of the law.

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxZiaxX on Sat May 24, 2008 12:35 am

Sure, taking jobs away and what not are bad, but before out, they're illegal. Meaning, they have no rights. I'm really strict on this subject, yes I am. First of all, LEGAL immigrants work really hard to become citizens or residents in America. I know that it took a lot of people, even myself actually, I know a long time (And when I say long time, I don't mean a year or two. I mean like 5 years and above) getting that freaking rights, and they worked really hard. Like, CRAZY HARD. It's just not fair that illegal immigrants just come and live so easily! I mean, yeah sure they risk their lives or whatever coming, but, seriously, flat out, they're just lazy to work for it, isn't it? I may sound really mean, but that's my opinion.

XxZiaxX
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Matthias on Sat May 24, 2008 2:24 am

If America is having it as bad over there as we are here, i think both goverments should get rid of them. After all these are our countrys not a country for immigrants to come and live when theyve had a hard time at there country.

Go brush up on your History and find out what exactly the United States of America stands for. I can almost bet, Tobi, you slander them just as they do you.

I think it should be sorted once and for all. And more specifically let it be sorted in the Chiefs idea way (And unlike him every part of me says let the marines use them as target practise!).

You remind me of Hitler and his reign.

It's just not fair that illegal immigrants just come and live so easily! I mean, yeah sure they risk their lives or whatever coming, but, seriously, flat out, they're just lazy to work for it, isn't it? I may sound really mean, but that's my opinion.

Life isn't fair. Let me inquire a few things.

1) "Illegal immigrants come and live so easily"? You think that? Seriously? Illegal immigrants have it just as hard, if not harder on some terms than those who are legal. Surely I don't have to set example as to why; this should be common sense. Though, if you're speaking from what you've seen firsthand, then I'm assuming it's not just the illegal immigrants that reside there to be lazy.

2) "I mean, yeah sure they risk their lives or whatever coming, but, seriously, flat out, they're just lazy to work for it" Proved one reason in point 1. And from what you're telling me at the end is that - You're jealous because they're lazy? Someone has issues.

Note: If I risked my life to hop over a fence that was heavily guarded or surfed the water for days, weeks even, I'd take everything much slower when reaching shore. Getting my papers falls beneath a job, housing, and food.

3) In other news. I'm getting a Wii. ^___^

Matthias
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxZiaxX on Sat May 24, 2008 1:04 pm

Okay, I was reading your post and most of the part I understood because there's a different opinions and thoughts in everything, but when did I ever say I was jealous because they were lazy? Maybe you interpreted my post wrong, because that's no where close to what I was trying to say. And no offense, but I don't think you even know anything about me to say I have issues.
I understand that illegal immigrants work hard too. They have to earn money to live here and stuff, but I think you know what I was saying. Even if they do work hard, really, they don't even have any rights to live here in the first place. They can go back to where they're from and live there legally, with rights. Instead of just hopping over the border, risking their lives and whatnot, why don't they just sign up to be legal? (This is a question actually, because I really don't know) That's what others do, and one, they don't have to worry about being sent back to where ever they came from illegally, two, isn't it better for them?
And yes, I've seen it firsthand SO many times, it's tiring. What I hate most is that some people just assume I'm illegal despite our 6 year efforts. That just adds more dislike to the illegal immigrants.
Congrats in getting a Wii! I've been saving my money for one, but jeez, I can't find a Wii now. ) :

XxZiaxX
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Mon May 26, 2008 6:16 pm

Matthias wrote:
If America is having it as bad over there as we are here, i think both goverments should get rid of them. After all these are our countrys not a country for immigrants to come and live when theyve had a hard time at there country.

Go brush up on your History and find out what exactly the United States of America stands for. I can almost bet, Tobi, you slander them just as they do you.

I think it should be sorted once and for all. And more specifically let it be sorted in the Chiefs idea way (And unlike him every part of me says let the marines use them as target practise!).

You remind me of Hitler and his reign.

It's just not fair that illegal immigrants just come and live so easily! I mean, yeah sure they risk their lives or whatever coming, but, seriously, flat out, they're just lazy to work for it, isn't it? I may sound really mean, but that's my opinion.

Life isn't fair. Let me inquire a few things.

1) "Illegal immigrants come and live so easily"? You think that? Seriously? Illegal immigrants have it just as hard, if not harder on some terms than those who are legal. Surely I don't have to set example as to why; this should be common sense. Though, if you're speaking from what you've seen firsthand, then I'm assuming it's not just the illegal immigrants that reside there to be lazy.

2) "I mean, yeah sure they risk their lives or whatever coming, but, seriously, flat out, they're just lazy to work for it" Proved one reason in point 1. And from what you're telling me at the end is that - You're jealous because they're lazy? Someone has issues.

Note: If I risked my life to hop over a fence that was heavily guarded or surfed the water for days, weeks even, I'd take everything much slower when reaching shore. Getting my papers falls beneath a job, housing, and food.

3) In other news. I'm getting a Wii. ^___^

Fucking illegal...

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Mon May 26, 2008 6:22 pm

I think, in all honesty, from just reading the comments of Matthias' post, because I was linked to it...

Tobi is speaking without any real knowledge of the situation in our country. That country being England... So, let me clear it up.

Immigrants over here DO get given an easy life. They are automatically put onto state benefits, given a house they don't have to pay for, money to buy cars, and further money to allow better 'integration' into the community.

ILLEGAL immigrants, however, don't get given these things, and very often have things far from easy. Living in squalid conditions, working all the hours God can send them, for very little cash, whilst also worrying about being caught and deported back to their own country.

My own opinion on these matters, I won't get in to. Why not? Because, to put it simply, I am a lazy fucker.

I just thought I would clarify the situation in England, rather than you non-British people being given a shit tonne of tripe from someone who has no clue.
Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!