Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

X-men: Genetic Drift

X-men: Genetic Drift

a part of “X-men: Genetic Drift”, a fictional universe by DreamlandDenizen.

All of the mutants were forcibly given 'the cure': a serum that suppressed their mutant genes. Over the next decades the dormant mutant genes started to mutate again and resurface in teens. The genes are now even stronger than they were before.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “X-men: Genetic Drift”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] X-men: Genetic Drift

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:09 am

lol, fair enough i suppose...although i'm not actually right there with you guys yet, just in the general area

(edited)- also, i don't have a gun, i have a phone...i'm calling 911 for the guy, and he isn't actually dying, just bleeding...alot
If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk,
If you want to be happy for a while, get married,
But if you want to be happy for all time, have good friends.
-The Booze Traveler

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jehnesis on Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:47 am

I know it's part of your powerset and everything, but Soul_Alchemist, the whole smelling blood on the characters thing really made me smile. :)
They told me, "Son, you're special. You were born to do great things."

ImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jehnesis
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:22 am

lol, um, yay?

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jehnesis on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:15 pm

not in a weird psychopathic way, lol, more in a "that's very Wolverine-esque" way. I'm assuming your characters meant to be a descendant of Logan due to the powers and the last name, so I thought it was very fitting for the character. it was meant to be a compliment lol.

Jehnesis
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamlandDenizen on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:28 pm

Ok I turn my back for like a minute and then there's suddenly a bazillion posts? LOL. I like how things are going so far. I'd better get one in myself.

*Runs off to make a post*

Edit:
*Comes back and dusts off hands*
There we go.

DreamlandDenizen
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:27 pm

lol, okay then. thanks Jenesis, i grew up watching the original X-Men and Wolverine was the only one i liked, aside from Gambit, so it was a natural choise for me :D

and, um, Dream, why did your hands get dusty? is your computer made out of stone too? O.o

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamlandDenizen on Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:45 pm

LOL, I was figuratively dusting off my hands. Just like clicking the back button was figuratively 'running off'.

*Rolls eyes* <--- That one was literal :D

DreamlandDenizen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:18 pm

Hehe, Gambit's awesome. I'm being tempted to make someone like him. The fact that I shop in the black market and such is already making me a bit like him...Hey, just out of curiosity, why does the person who's least likely to trust new people(illegal hacker, etc.) suddenly EXTREMELY popular? I find this humorous. Hehe.
ImageImage ImageImage

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jehnesis on Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:20 pm

@Xiphoniii - Originally I was gonna have Daniel captured by the mutant hunters and that could've led to, like, a rescue attempt or something, but then I realised your guys had no reason to rescue my dude lol. Then everyone else seemed to congregate on your "secret" lair and I thought it seemed right that Daniel's protective powers would hone in or something on a group of mutants, cos surely that'd be the safest place for him. At least that's my justification for what's happened lol :P
Also gotta love the absolute clash between your avatar and what's going on in the RP.

Jehnesis
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantaBadger on Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:49 pm

Jehnesis wrote:
(like a girl, she noted)

lolwut? How does coming in peace make someone like a girl? Is peace a wholly feminine concept? I was going more for the whole "assumed-alien" vibe, what with the teleporting and green skin and whatnot, but whatever yo. Let's see how this goes. :P

It was a joke, dude. Hell, she's a girl! Lol...
Xiphoniii wrote:Hehe, Gambit's awesome. I'm being tempted to make someone like him. The fact that I shop in the black market and such is already making me a bit like him...Hey, just out of curiosity, why does the person who's least likely to trust new people(illegal hacker, etc.) suddenly EXTREMELY popular? I find this humorous. Hehe.

Call it character development... Ahem, I actually my character is probably the most paranoid, she's borderline schizophrenic and generally nuts. Lol, if you guys want I can stop her from leaving so that we don't have to go the trouble of finding each other again...
Sanity, schamity! I've got style...

If you're looking for a brutal legend roleplay or a fantasy one revolving around Heavy Metal and, let's be frank, gratuitous violence check out 'The Second Age of Metal'. Characters are always welcome and I'm happy to give you the story so far, here's a link: http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/the-second-age-of-metal/

FantaBadger
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamlandDenizen on Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Hey guys I dont think I'm going to be able to post tomorrow, I'm going to have a lot of crap to do. Just thought I'd let you know.

DreamlandDenizen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:18 pm

Um...yeah, I'm gonna be out of town for the next two weeks. I might be able to post intermittently, but not much. So, I, uh...I think I'll give Dreamland principal control until I get back. If you need to to move the plot along, any of you can take control. Just try not to derail his personality TOO much, kay? He WILL be giving nicknames to everybody. Anyways, his current plans are to head for the black market warehouse, and crash with his computer part supplier. Those guys are NO fans of the government, they make a pretty good safehouse. They'll help me, and maybe a few friends, if you can convince Egide to convince them. They know me, and hate the government. The fact I'm a mutant won't faze them. Hell, they might make a "last stand" style fight if the feds find us. Give my guy a good reason to fight, rather than continue simply hiding. Anyways, yeah, I'm outta here. Try and keep him a bit consistent. Good luck!

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jehnesis on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:08 pm

So what's happening with this RP? Is anyone bothering anymore?

Jehnesis
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:12 am

that's what I was wondering...

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jehnesis on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:24 pm

feck it, i'm giving it another 6 days and if nobody's posted in that time i'm having my dude die in an earth shattering explosion that destroys planet earth and kills every person on it.... just to warn you...

Jehnesis
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:04 pm

great, that mean when my guy regenerates he'll be lost in space and suffoctating for the rest of eternity...lol..but yeah, unserstood, this is ticking me off...

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jehnesis on Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:02 pm

just have Galactus find him floating in space, bestow him with the power cosmic and make him his new herald. then you can start a new rp with that character going from planet to planet and leading galactus to destroy each and every one lol.

EDIT: There we go, turns out it was all because everyone was frozen in time :P

Jehnesis
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:13 am

lol, nice XD

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jehnesis on Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:35 pm

3 more day, peeps, until explosion city. yeah, that's right, i'm being an RP terrorist.

Jehnesis
Member for 14 years

Re: X-men: Genetic Drift

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby devin on Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:10 pm

Will have a skele up later today or tonight.

devin
Member for 10 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!