Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Shadowmere Academy for the Uncommonly Gifted

Shadowmere Academy for the Uncommonly Gifted

a part of “Shadowmere Academy for the Uncommonly Gifted”, a fictional universe by shadowstalker.

Boarding school for individuals ages 5-18 who possess unique Talents, such as telepathy or pyrokinesis.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Shadowmere Academy for the Uncommonly Gifted”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Shadowmere Academy for the Uncommonly Gifted

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starbuck on Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:25 pm

Err, sorry I keep forgetting to change the location from 'Earth'. I'm workin' on it! =P
Previously known as PerfectlyBroken.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Starbuck
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadowstalker on Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:38 pm

Plot Ideas:

1. Class trip

The destination of the class trip is as yet undecided. So, if any of you have any suggestions, feel free to PM me or post them in the OOC thread. I thought this would be an uncliche twist to the story.

2. Govermnent Spy Infiltrates

I would like to implement this facet of the plot after the Class trip, because it is my plan to have someone notice the interesting nature of the Students of Shadowmere Academy. The Government will get word of this, and respond duly by sending a spy to investigate.

We would need someone to volunteer to play the spy. The spy is working undercover as a student at the Academy, and truly does have their own power. Just by touching a Talented person, the spy gains information about that person's talent, and its strenghts and weaknesses. The ability also gives the spy the ability to weaken the other person's gift, simply by touching them. This aspect of the talent is only effective against one to two people at most, however, and cannot be effectively implemented against large groups. The power does not render the others' talents uselesss; it only weakens them so that they are less effective. The spy's objective would be to find out as much information about the students and teachers of the Academy as possible, and report it back to the Agency for their use. Ultimately, the information will be used to capture and subdue those with Gifts deemed useful for government agendas.

The spy may or may not become a central character in the roleplay, depending on how the roleplay progresses.

Anyone who wishes to play the spy can send me a PM. You do not need to submit a character form for the spy. Just send me the following info in a PM:

Name
Description
Picture (optional)

Since we have a few more guy characters than girl characters at the moment, I would prefer for the spy to be a girl. But it doesn't have to be. If I get several applications for this character, I will select the best qualified from among them and PM you. When I have picked out a character, I will post that character's info here. So again, please, don't submit a new character just for the spy.

All of this information is also posted on the Introduction Page of the roleplay.
Last edited by shadowstalker on Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Flying:
Learning to throw yourself at the ground and m i s s .

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

shadowstalker
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starbuck on Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:33 pm

Thanks for the ideas, a trip sounds great. =)

Caiti - You might want to read the posts below yours...Rayne left your character a few posts ago.

Starbuck
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadowstalker on Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:29 pm

PerfectlyBroken wrote:
Caiti - You might want to read the posts below yours...Rayne left your character a few posts ago.

It's fine. I wanted to come back inside anyway, now I don't have to figure out a reason for it, lol.

shadowstalker
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cylink on Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:05 am

Could I join this RP?

Cylink
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadowstalker on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:51 am

Cylink wrote:Could I join this RP?

certainly. Just submit your character profile.

shadowstalker
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Adrian Shadoan on Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:23 pm

oh your right my bad I didn't realize that myself.
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/hack-project-genesis-ooc-t38587.html
Join .hack//project genisis

Chapter 2 of Sin City is up and needing players.. Are you ready to Return?
return-sin-city-ooc-t42809.html

Adrian Shadoan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cylink on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:53 am

Alright I submitted a character. Is it OK to start posting or do I wait. (Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, I'm new.)

Cylink
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starbuck on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:10 pm

I think you're good to start posting if your character is up there and accepted. =)

Sorry I haven't posted the last two days, been busy with work. I will try to get one up tonight or tomorrow morning!

Starbuck
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cylink on Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:15 pm

I think my character has been accepted. I haven't been given any indication that I was rejected, since the only thing the GM pm me about was to clarify my character's power. However I still can't post.

Cylink
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cynoc on Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:35 pm

Well you're not showing up on the character list that I'm seeing yet, which means she hasn't hit the accept button or whatever it for you yet, so you'll have to at least wait for that. I'm sure once you show up on the character page you should be fine to start posting. I'm gonna pm her now for something, so I'll remind her about your character as well.
-Some not very legible squiggly lines that are supposed to be my name in cursive.

Requiescat en pace

"Hit me again tube sock, lets go!" -That old guy

Cynoc
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:59 am

Okay I am back. Can anyone give a summery of what has happened?
To kill or not to kill.... Hardly even a question.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiri711 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:40 am

hi i'm new at this type of rp so cud someone help me out
There are forks in the road
What will you choose
How while you fight back in such ways.

Kiri711
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:47 am

No need it seems to be dead. If it starts up again ill help out, On a different rp site I am a Mentor and Admin so I can still help out a bit here lol. Just ask if you need help with anything. I will likely redo this when I am not tired so that it actually helps a bit but yeah this seems to be dead.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiri711 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:17 am

ok that sorta sucks cuz this is such a good idea lik i started a page called Random Roleplay Games on facebook and we hav no idea lik this

Kiri711
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:22 am

Yeah that always seems to be the deal with gifted high schools, They can start so good but because of the extreme variations the plot can take people just start drifting away. I was in a roleplay which had around 7 pages of character sheets and it died within 40 pages of rapid posting.

This sounds really bad but I wish I could find some people who like these roleplays and are as reliable as me with it. Like I know things happen but I always end up saying something to tell the people in the roleplay that I am going or whatever, Even if it is a month later.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiri711 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:39 pm

Well if u start one that doesn't need character aprovile i'd be happy to join cuz no one has aproved my character so i can't ply until then so if u start one let me know and i'll join it instanly

Kiri711
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:33 am

I'm more of a joiner then a maker. I always end up writing the plot like a book and books always have main characters and the plot is or they are based around each other. So I always end up with my characters in the middle of everything when I write them.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!