Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Quest: The Dragon of the Dungeon

Quest: The Dragon of the Dungeon

a part of “Quest: The Dragon of the Dungeon”, a fictional universe by Script.

The city of Emeralia is under attack. Every night, the city sky is filled with screeches, as hordes of flying monstrosities descend upon its streets. The King has called for aid from all corners of civilisation. For you! Humour involved.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Quest: The Dragon of the Dungeon”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Quest: The Dragon of the Dungeon

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conumbra on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:16 am

Oh alright then, I'll just edit it so it's a short fat human with a beard. Happy?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Conumbra
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Banno Baka on Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:52 am

Hope I'm not too late to insert my somewhat odd and exaggerated character!

Species: Eldritch Abomination
Place of Origin: The Eternal Abyss
Describing: Yes

N'huggoth, in his true form, is a sanity bending abomination from beyond the stars. Most people see him, however, as a rather inept and bumbling necromancer from just beyond the local temple. This facade conceals the heart of a small child, both literally (don't ask) and figuratively speaking. In the finest tradition of the Drow elves, N'huggoth - N'hug for short - wants to throw off the evil image of his race, and to love and be loved. Just because his true face would cause your mind to eat itself in terror, would you spurn him? Probably, but he wants to try.

Unfortunately for him, chaos is parts of his nature. He does try, but can never get it quite right. For example, he chose to manifest as a neccromancer, because, logically (to him), healers were good, so those who brought back the dead should be even better. Now that he knows that this isn't the case, it's still too late, as he is stuck in this form until it is killed.

Naturally, this hasn't made him popular with the more sane of his kinfolk. These being the least powerful, naturally, has limted their activities, but they can still cause havoc wherever they appear.
"Dream, Life, Death - these are the first three. But Nightmare... He is new. He is of your creation."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Banno Baka
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:41 am

I like the character! If you want to submit him using the Roleplay Tab system then you can get to posting :D

One thing though -- change him maybe from a necromancer to a mage in general, 'cause the main enemy apart from Shard himself are the undead! Having a necromancer would make things too easy ;P
Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:56 pm

Umm, Kalamatos, Kiritanek isn't dressed as a shaman. He is actually wearing wanderer or traveller clothes. Shaman is a title not a description. I know I refer to him as Shaman a lot, so sorry. Could you please bear that in mind,.
The Spice Melange occurs on only one planet in the entire universe.
The Planet Arrakis, also known as Dune.
He who controls Arrakis, controls the Spice. He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Omnomnomnom

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorin the Great on Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:31 pm

This looks promising =) I think I'll post a card if its still open and receptive

Species: Nagamuri

Place of Origin: Screaming Peaks, The White

Description: Kursh Silvermoon hails from the Screaming Peaks, a treacherous mountain range located in the White. He is the eldest son of the chieftain of the Nagamuri tribe that resides there. Unlike most young Nagamuri, Kursh has harbored intelligence even since his youngest days, and paired with the characteristic strength of his people, he was a perfect candidate for when the Elders decided to send warriors to learn of the new world. Kursh is a skilled fighter, while being somewhat more agile than his brethren of equal age, and he carries a mighty greatsword he calls Stormkin. Kursh is a member of the Orhik, or brute, caste of Nagamuri warriors.
"A boon to those who cannot see in the dark. A bane to those who live in it."

Sorin the Great
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:37 pm

Can I request something of a more detailed description of your race? I'm looking for a more cultural, physical, geographical and magical covering of their qualities. Take a look at some of the other descriptors for a better idea :)

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorin the Great on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:56 am

The Nagamuri are one of the races already described here on page...2 I believe? They looked interesting and I saw them with the very long description. The other name for them was Southerners and they look like Orcs

Sorin the Great
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:04 am

Ahh. Oops. XD

Right then, forgive me for that, of course - feel free to submit your character via the tab, then I can accept you and you can start posting! :)

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorin the Great on Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:07 am

It is perfectly alright haha and will do =D

Sorin the Great
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kalmatos on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:20 am

SkyFlying-Falcon wrote:Umm, Kalamatos, Kiritanek isn't dressed as a shaman. He is actually wearing wanderer or traveller clothes. Shaman is a title not a description. I know I refer to him as Shaman a lot, so sorry. Could you please bear that in mind,.

Er, sure, i was just unsure of what to describe you. My apologies, after we get the introduction done, i think it will be easier on both of us. ^^ Again, apologies.

-Kalmatos
"Swift as the Wind, Silent as a Forest, Fierce as Fire and Immovable as a Mountain" - Sun Tzu

"Perfection can only be achieved through Destruction, for nothing is perfect"

kalmatos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:05 am

Note the idea for is race is from D&D race warforged but with my own little twist and history.

Species: The Reforged

Place of Origin: City of Alitania: City of the Sky Mages

Description: In a great war the people of Alitania great human mages live in their flying city made the Warforged as they called them. These warforged where made of metal and armor mixed with magic. Well it so happened one of the head necromancers learn how to put his soul into one therefore making him Stronger while keeping his power and mind. Soon others followed his way some just for more power some to cast of an old, sick, or dying body. The Reforged gave the chance at a new life one free of sickness and death and soon most of the city where no longer human but Reforged. When a Reforged is destoryed the soul goes back to the human body it came from which are held and preseved in the City of Alitania. The human must then make a new Reforged body to become one again. This also makes it that the only way to kill a reforged for good is to destory thier human body. Thank the gods that the Alitanians are for the most part a peaceful people only caring mainly for the defence of the city
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:11 am

Sorry guys. But I'll be gone until tuesdays.
[left]Image[left]
Tiko says:
I still wanna punch him in the face
Mid says: Gas 1, Mid 0.

Gasmask
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:02 am

Iced Fire: Apologies, but your race sounds a little... powerful to me. Golem-esque pseudo-bodies meaning your character can't easily be killed seems a little out there. Perhaps try and alter to a more traditional fantasy race/style? Seeing as this is a traditional fantasy romp. =]

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:22 pm

Character Species: Goblin
Place of Origin: Dark Mine
Description: Held as slaves for many years and forced to mine the dark mines they broke free and soon made their own way of life. Making Dark Mine their first city soon they took the rest of the island from their slave masters. Over the years now they have made themselves as traders and engineers bringing both goods and gadets (both good and bad) to the peoples of the world.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:48 pm

Goblins sound like an excellent plan! Feel free to submit one :D

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:46 am

Just another piece of bad-news. Shit's hitting the fan big-time in the whole family area. So thus, I will be back on monday. But, I have two things to say.

Omega-pancake has all permission to take my place while I am gone.

And.

Species: Dragonborn
Place of Origin: Blazing Barrens
Description: Check your stereotypical dragonborn or the forgotten realms dragonborn.

Gasmask
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conumbra on Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:59 pm

Just a heads up for anyone. Starting next Saturday I'll be going on Vacation for a couple of weeks and will join back in when I come back. So if I have to reply to somebody's post then, just carry on without me, I'll try my best to send my character on some kind of soul-finding journey or something the day before.

Conumbra
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:58 am

I am back. :D

Gasmask
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kalmatos on Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:03 am

Hmm, dead, or just slow going due to the lack of posters?

kalmatos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:47 am

Just slow methinks. I'll prod people if there aren't more posts in the next few days.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!