Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Rise of the Ascendants

>- Rise of the Ascendants -<

a part of “Rise of the Ascendants”, a fictional universe by Lobos.

In a new beginning, you have a chance to ascend to the ultimate place: godhood. Do you dare rise to the challenge, and take up the crown?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Rise of the Ascendants”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] >- Rise of the Ascendants -<

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElRey on Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:45 pm

Hurray for evil!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ElRey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:31 pm

I think the reason we haven't been getting any posts, and why I myself haven't even posted, is because there are no places to "jump in". Everyone's doing somthing only their character would do. Pharon is smithing in cave where other races would unable to tollerate it. Why go somewhere where I have trouble breathing.

Le'Shaa is off slaughtering people, Sercians. Now, while I've decided that Cronacs and Sercians don't get along to well, I can find no graceful way to join Le'Shaa. Besides. Drah isn't keen about genocide.

And Geoffrey is in the cave with Pharon....

Mnph.
"People should not fear their government.
Governments should fear their people."
"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Behind this mask, there is an idea.
And ideas, Mister Creedy... are bulletproof."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElRey on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:40 pm

Its an opening post. Our characters won't be interacting until we're all vying for godhood, I assume. Don't worry about what other people are doing.

Le'Shaa is actually tracking down that particular Sercian because he had information about becoming an ascendant. I'm not going to reveal all my secrets OOC, but yeah.
& I mean, Le'Shaa has Sercians in his army, he's sort of an equal opportunity employer. He might think Cronacs are the best, but all the other races are equally worthless in his eyes. hahahaha.

I think complaining there is no place to "jump in" is silly. Its not like we all have to meet up in the first post.

EDIT: That being said, I'm sort of confused as to what Geoffry is doing in the boiling heat of the Umbral cities too.

ElRey
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:35 pm

I'm not saying we need to all jump in all on the first post, I'm just saying, be to where you're not unmeetable. Drah wouldn't venture down into some unknown, for all he knows forsaken cave. And I hate putting him out in the middle of nowhere, like, ... "In that particular village that Le'Shaa was just causing mass distruction and murder." It'd be Deus Ex Machina. A bad plot device, essentially.

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElRey on Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:49 pm

Right, and I'm saying that in the next post its entirely feasible that we won't be as "unmeetable", so it doesn't really matter, so you should just post.

Don't worry about what other characters are doing right now, the RP hasn't even hardly started.

ElRey
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElRey on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:55 pm

So is this dead already or what?

ElRey
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Terpsichore on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:38 am

Well... this is just a hoppin' RP isn't it.
Life is about singing your own song, not being the accompaniment to someone else.

Terpsichore
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElRey on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:18 pm

Who all is still willing to RP this mutha?

ElRey
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Terpsichore on Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:40 am

I keep checking back to see if anyone else has posted, not giving up hope quite yet. Though RPG.com is not helping at all with the 503 errors

Terpsichore
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElRey on Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:43 am

Same here.

If nothing else maybe we can give it a little momentum and hopefully we'll attract some people. I like my character too much to let this fizzle and die so quickly lol

ElRey
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lobos on Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:57 pm

Le sigh. Lack of post is disappoint.

Over the next day or so I'll be PMing people to get their asses in gear for first posts. Hopefully everyone can get their start, and then we can move on to meeting up. Sorry I've been neglecting the OOC, I'm new to GMing and trying to decide where I went wrong. Between that and my internet dying randomly, I've been absent.

Again sorry, but later and tomorrow people are getting messaged. I do not want to have to throw up an RPers wanted so soon due to lack of posting.
Serenade the moon, and let loose your howl.

Lobos
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElRey on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:55 am

Honestly Cryovizard, I wouldn't beat yourself up about it. Just because of people flaked out doesn't mean it had anything to do with you.

If this Vio-Lance cat is any indication then peeps on here apparently need a lot more guidance/cut and dried objective/location in order to be creative.
Which is silly, imo, but whatever.

Lemme know what you plan to do, I know myself and a couple others are interested in this RP, as it is a fantastic premise.

ElRey
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Terpsichore on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:25 pm

Cryovizard, if you need anything to happen just say so and I'm sure there are enough of us on here competent enough to make it happen for you. Sometimes it just takes a little excitement for people to actually participate, most want to have the fun without having to do the work.

Terpsichore
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:33 am

Ok, I just want to apologize for my substantial lack of posting so far. I am working on my post at the moment. Seems every time I sit down to work on it someone wants me for something or other x__X either offline or online.

And to top it off now I'm sick. But I shall have it up before the day is done, one way or the other.
I've moved on. If anyone stumbles on any of my old roleplays or wants to hit me up for nostalgia sake, feel free to shoot me an e-mail me at RPGTiko@gmail.com or hit me up on http://www.storytellerscircle.com. Good luck RolePlaygateway.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HellHound01 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:50 am

So how does the magic work do we make up our own spells. As long as they have some relation to our paths.

HellHound01
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lobos on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:56 am

Spells work in various ways, from spoken words to guide the magic of your path, to simple gestures to direct how you want it to flow. Unless your character is very, very adept at magic, I suggest spoken words or some sort of ritual to shape and direct the magic.

Lobos
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HellHound01 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:59 am

Oh thank's another thing what about money do they use coins or paper money or is it a barter system.

HellHound01
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HellHound01 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:06 pm

Hey I sent in a character to Rise of Ascendants a few days ago, and was wondering if you could tell me if you accepted it or not because I haven't got a PM. Thank you

HellHound01
Member for 14 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!