Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Vipteri's Trials, Tribulations, and Tests

a topic in Character Journals, a part of the RPG forum.

If you want to create a journal for your character, use this forum.

Vipteri's Trials, Tribulations, and Tests

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awinita on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:29 am

A Past Play
A Multiverse Journal

(this journal is written in Mongolian style, right ot left, meaning back of the book to the front ~ Vipteri)

To those that read this journal, or find it after I am gone. Within these pages lies a past of one haunted by her own past. Tests of wills, tribulations of power, and trials of loss all abound within this small book. Read and take caustion! Much of what you are about to read has yet to happen to me, some of it has, and some of it never did.

Yet I wrote it all.

I will start with the first day I got this book of paper, metal and leather bound, I was told it was to write my memories and thoughts within. So I will.

1 May 2138
Anath Star System; Anath 4

I went here first, I was 18 years at the time, I went to Anath Four to get for myself a ship to go to Terra, and find the place known as the Jewel of the universe, Wing City. I also hoped to find out more of my past, and also a place to call home. I lived my life of 18 years with a tribe in Mongolia in the long ago past, (210 BCE) before the time flux started muxing with things in my homeland. I was chosen to go as my tribe figured me best to try to find out what caused the odd flux of time and space around us.

I guess it fit at the time, as I was not normal. How could I be. Let me elaborate on who I am. My name is Vipteri, Mongolian for Star Tears. I was found by my tribe I called my family for 18 years. yet I was not one of them. I never was one fo them. They were a human tribe, I was not. They said that they thought me of one from above, sent to teach and learn what I could. They taught me many things. To them I was a feline woman, sent from above and given the gift of smarts, and some small bit of wisdom, skill many said, that others would never get.

Yet I was haunted by a past I was never abel to let go of, as it followed me everywhere I went with the tribe, never able to sleep without hearing those two voices. that of two people I knew that at some point I would meet. Yet I knew not when.

My name is Vipteri, and this is my journal, and you dear reader, are in for one tall tail.
"What happens in Hyperspace stays in Hyperspace" ~ Cynthiana of House Kuat concerning her and her husband Radimus' 'training sessions'

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Awinita
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Storyteller Visual Appeal Person of Interest Tipworthy Beta Tester Lifegiver Property Buyer Bug Hunter Greeter Cult Leader

Re: Vipteri's Trials, Tribulations, and Tests

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awinita on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:09 pm

4-7 May 2138
Terra Star System; Terra (Earth)

I arrived at Earth and had to ask for directions to where Wing City was located. Once told whereto land I went first for a walk, I needed to smell a few flowers. I found one of the gardens of the city and I must have fallen asleep there because I woke up and found myself staring at the stars in the sky that same evening. Once I figured out where I was I went to the only hotel in the area, Gambit's. I ordered a strong tea for my throat, and watched the goings on for a while.

I made a friend there, something I never expected. An Honored One of tales of old! He called himself Zaga, he is a gentle soul no doubt. yet something haunts him also. He wore a collar of some kind, I asked him if he wanted it removed and he said yes, so we went upstairs and I did an Aiming Spell with an arrorw and destroyed the collars latchlock, allowing him to remove it from his neck without hinderance.

We went back to the bar area from my bedroom that I had rented there, number 4 Gambit's Hotel, second floor, it what it is numbered and where i am located as of this writing. We ate dinner that night together, and before I could really think of anything else I just barely made it to the bed to sleep before the cat within made me hit the floor.

I woke the next day in bed, Zaga was asleep near the bathroom door. So rather then waken him I went to go see what was going on downstairs, finding one named Red, we spoke a bit at table, and when I mentioned of something called an Anrena she offered to take me there to spar. I had not at the time yet mentioned I had met her friend, Drakus. A good man with a good heart. Nor did I mention to her I was hired by his friend, or aquantaince, Areyn

We sparred for near the whole afternoon before the fight was finished, my skills with magic at the time were lacking mroe then I thought. Yet my skill with the blades at my sides has seemed to get better. Red won the fight because of her skill at magic, but had we gone only sword to sword, we would have been fighting until the end of the age!

After Red went with Drakus who had arrived later that day at the Arena, I met another man who watched the fight, a man from the northern mountains near my Tribe, he called himself Cervious, surely a gentleman, he offered me a lift, as he called it, back to Gambit's Hotel on his firebird he had summoned. the flight was nice and rather refreshing. We spoke for a short scant few moments on the rooftop before I left him. he was a nice one

I then went back to the bar area to eat again, finding Zaga down there, the Gargoyle seemed happy about something. I had my fill of raw meat and ended up waking up under a table the next day. Zaga admitted placing me there when I met up with him that morning up on the rooftop. He seemed embarassed about it too.

I wonder why?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Awinita
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Storyteller Visual Appeal Person of Interest Tipworthy Beta Tester Lifegiver Property Buyer Bug Hunter Greeter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awinita on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:31 pm

9 May 2138
Terra Star System; Terra, Wing City; Number 4 Gambit's Hotel, second floor

My first offical Arena Battle was last night, a Battle Royal. I came out on top due to my skills with swords alone, yet it was not easy. there were dozens of fighters scattered in the arena's many buildings and pitfalls. only a few actually fought against me alone. or in pairs. But it did n;t matter, i survived it and won as well. possibly the first, but surely not the last.

Yesterday morning I had gone with Zaga to the Arena to spar with him, and maybe teach him some bsasic combat, instead I ended up sparring against a pair of men who lacked not only the proper skill, but also the strength of will for the first and last tests I presented to them. The men I think were hired fighters, or local gang members. I was never able, as yet, to find that out.

This morning was uneventful, though I found myself on a picture of some kind, a pormotional poster I was told when I inquired abouty it, it seems that some people liek to promote these things to get the word out, no wonder the arena was nearly full. I was unable to find Zaga this morning, so I assumed he found himself something to keep himself out of trouble. have yet to hear from my employer, Areyn for my first assignment either.

I need to find a swordshop somewhere.

Awinita
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awinita on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:50 pm

12 June 2138
Terra Star System; Terra, Wing City; Number 4 Gambit's Hotel 2nd Floor

Time surely passes swiftly here on this world and city. It has been almost a month since my arrival in Wing City. Everyone here is either ready to go at the others neck or their money puch, I found the winnings made for the battle royal and several smaller fights made their way oty the inkeepers money box. I'm starting to run low on funds again.

Addenum by Vipteri: 15 June 2138; I was appraoched int he Arena this morning, my funds were nearly zero again, only a few coins of gold left, and only a scant few pieces of Silver, a man approached me, along with a woman who seemed oddly, yet scarliy familar to me. The man, called himself a leader of a realm, and gave me a bax of silver like coins he called Platinum, apparently the inkeeper repaid me two thousand gold per platinum coin that same night!

Addenum by Vipteri: 18 June 2138; My second battle royal was this morning, many more people then the first battle were there, and everyone seemed happy when they left the arena with their winnings, apparently there are things happening in the stands I know nothing about. Even so my money count has risin by a lot considering the ammount of platinum i have left, and also the gold in coming of winnings. Everypone, including myself were happy because I once again, for the second time in a row, had won a battle royal. this time with more fighters going after me and also some magical users as well. This battle sure was not as easy as the last one was. smaller battels were put forth in terms of willpower and basic knowledge tests against others. some won most lost, money is beggining to pile up.

I found a swordshop and metal smithy in the marketplace today, hopefully I can get a few more arrowheads made to replace the broken ones in my pack.

Awinita
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awinita on Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:21 am

21 June 2138

I am no longer a haunted woman. My dreams are nothing but a past memory I could never let go of. My mother, is a queen! I don't know exactly how to put it, or how to tell Zaga, but I do know that my mtoher has been searching for me for the last 18 years of my life! Mother was the one I spoke with when I was given the platinum by the man with her. Her voice seemed hauntingly familar to me, yet I did not think on it at the time. I could not believe my eyes or ears, yet in my heart it was true, my mother was right before me and I never did see it! But now I do. Mother and I are together again, and Father is dead, i never will be able to meet him, but all is not lost, i will no longer be haunted by the voices from the past now that Mother is here! Mother, I find myself swelling with pride every time I say it, or think it.

Addenum by Vipteri 21 June 2138; Found a person here in the store room area of the bar at Gambit's Hotel. He seeemd to make me nervous, but was hurt by the harsh lights, I haven't seen the wolf since, yet he appears a nice being, I need to try and see if I can find him again. Maybe be of help, or something liek it

Addenum by Vipteri 21 June 2138; Mother is asleep on a table rather then a bed, I am writing this addenum from the floor of a friends room, my room is not safe anymore like it once was. Someone had attacked mother when I was helping a friend's friend from her injury. I've been seeing more like myself, yet not entrily so as of late. The one I had helped is sleeping on the bed, the owner of the room is sleeping in a chair, I'm keeping watch and writing in this journal.

I have another battle tomorrow night, this time a Test of wills, and swords. Hopefully some archery. I've been needing to get back to that.

Awinita
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awinita on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:23 pm

22 June 2138;

I find myself in dire need to look at a map. But not just any map. A map of everything around where I am in time, what other places there are, people to fight in more arenas, anything. The only place I can think of is Wing City Spaceport. I think they'd have a map of some kind, maybe even a map room...

Have been working on my mental skills to survive in a battle of wills with others. So far I have not run into troubles. Still need to find an archery shop or smithy, maybe even a archery range. I might though go back to the Gardens and explore them. See about buying some tulips...

Awinita
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awinita on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:26 pm

22 June 2138 late evening; I found a map seller, a tablemap no larger then a ship of some kind, I perchased it, but also was given it as a gift at the same time. it has what I need, and so far it'll do the job. I had ot also run from a mob that wanted to face me. Thankfully I had help. I also wernt for a swim, but things are still confusing. Mother, what about Mother? is she alright? Did I loose her after finding her so soon? I wonder what day today is?

Awinita
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awinita on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:05 pm

23 June 2138;
Terra System; Terra, Wing City; Gambits Bar, table seven.

I met a man, he makes me nervous, Mother is alright, thankfully so. She went to the Arena tro promote my next battle there of a battle royal, or a series of challenges. Can't remember which. Anyhow, after meeting the new man I was approached, and more or less apalled by the strnch of a Liltch. He attacked me, yet another man came to my defense, a gentleman of sorts no doubt. How did I do the blue claws stance? I only saw Sister Lin do that in the tribe and only once! The other man is named Phoenix, he is a good man and helped me surivive, whatever the Liltch wanted from me he wont be getting. Npot unless what Phoenix says is true, John, the man who made me at first nervous of him, offered to help us locate and either take possession of, or destroy the icon of Ichor the Liltch.

I hope this works, otherwise these would be my last pages written here. unless a higher power, like the Smiling Buddha, or another, is looking upon me with strong favor, I feel drained.

Awinita
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awinita on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:17 pm

14 June 2138
Terra System; Terra, Wing City Gardens; Northeastern area.

It is finished.

The Lich is dead, the item that carried his soul to keep him alive is destroyed. Phoenix and I struck the blow that ended the life. But I do not feel as if it is truly ended and thwe lich is truly gone. I have collected the broken pieces of the item and paklced them within a velvet bag, Which had been given to me from one weho seemed in a odd hurry. Within the bag was an odd knife, not very sharp, yet usible to a point. I have yet to use it myself, yet the feeling of the battle not yet truly finished still looms over me. Phoenix says it is over, I hope he is right.

Awinita
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awinita on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:41 pm

21 June 2138
Terra System; Terra, Wing City Plaza Hospital

Two weeks, a tendays or so mother tells me, I've been asleep, fighting a fever, which mercifully broke after I fought it internally. It took me nearly forever to fight it, but I am happy to survive it. It is hard though, the medical yaks here say I should stay in bed, but no, I want out of here as soon as I can be out of here.

The dective said something about an odd case he is working on, lasting him seemingly for a year and then some since reciving a letter. I can't exactly understand what he means, so I didn't ask him anything ofhis other case. So far so good I guess.

Mother mentioned Ceana is doing well, that is good, she issafe too I hope. "Lots going on" was all mother said when I asked how things were. She said nothing more then that, also adding a mention of someone in the next room using magical means to fend off death. Sounds similar to the Crane Monks in the Eastern lands near home I think.

Awinita
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awinita on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:24 pm

14 Sept 2138
Terra System; Wing City; Gambit's Bar

Free again, another battle finished, and I survived, but the Arena Enemies I've made don't like me, and try to attack me outside the Arena. My fith Battle Royal was an easy one, everyone was a Man. The battle ended and I left with my prize money from the battle. Ten thousand in gold, I still have plenty of Platinum from my unnamed benefactor. I had a run in, nearly arrested.

Thankfully the scene was short, nearly attacked one from the FBI, I still need to find out more about that group. The Woman was about to take me and arrest me. But thankfully Lt James came to my rescue and said that Blacksad was taking over. The woman accused James of corruption, but he did tell the policy the WCPD had when it came to Arena type battle, or anything that had ties to the Arena for that matter.

James also mentioned somethingof Blacksad being my dad, I still need to ask Mother about this some more.

Awinita
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awinita on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:23 pm

21 Sept 2138
Terra System; Wing City; Gardens

It is done. For several days now I had my one love, Chi-Lam on my mind. But not any more. Thanks to a helpful Bard, named Xian, I became human only so far to be with him again. Chi-Lam was delighted to see me for who I would havetruly been as a Man like he, of his kindred. He knows now I love him still, and has spoken with his family, telling them of me being human now, like them. Now I only hope that they take his words to heart, I want to be like them, but because of my race, my kind, feline, I can only be so close to the ones I love, but not any more. Love has ways of making things work. Even when one least expects it.

Awinita
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!