Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

War of Love and Duty

War of Love and Duty

a part of “War of Love and Duty”, a fictional universe by Crystal Flamedance.

After her parents died, the princess has had to take over the kingdom. But now there's so much confusion! ...But why don't you click to find out?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “War of Love and Duty”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] War of Love and Duty

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:58 pm

"War of Love and Duty"

So...this is for questions and, of course, random conversations! You can also discuss the rp, and anything about the rp here. I don't care whether or not you use proper grammar here; just make sure we can read what it says, okay? If any clarification is needed, you can try to get that cleared up here, too.

I don't want any random arguments, or people throwing fits over other people's posts here; if you really want to argue, do it somewhere else...like in pms, or something.

Now, the only thing I think I should put here is that I will send a pm if and when I accept your character. It may take a while for me to get to it, but I will look over every character as soon as I can. I will also send a pm if I have a question or some doubt about your character. So...let's see about getting this started, shall we?
Hi peoples! If you're interested in a rp partner, let me know. Im always looking for a new rp to get into!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] War of Love and Duty

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demented-tiger on Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:18 pm

I would like to join, but my character(s) would come from a kingdom whose society and technology would be entering the modern era - no later than 1910 or 1914 in the real world. Would that be okay?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

demented-tiger
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:01 am

...I would rather all the kingdoms are close in technology...and that's too big a time jump; Sorry.

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demented-tiger on Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:14 am

I don't see why it couldn't work. In the real world, there were countries in Africa and Asia still in medeval times during the first world war. in fact, in the real world, Ethiopia attempted to repel an Italian invasion in the 1930s with swords and spears. I was only thinking I could add a new dimension to the role play - a kingdom from a continent across the sea whose development was accelerated.

demented-tiger
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:21 am

I never said it couldn't work; just that I'd rather it not. Honestly, I hate a lot of technology. I love my computer, and my jeep, and everything...but I just like to keep things simple is all. I wasn't saying anything like it was going to make you any more powerful, which seems to be a point you're proving there. They didn't attempt; Ethiopia did manage to repel them. ...Or maybe I'm thinking of a different fight...but they did hold them off for years. I just like things to be kept simple. That's all.

Edit: Ooh...I should have been paying more atention to what I typed; I meant I wasn't fond of technology in rps; I see much room for problems with that. It's just the way I would like this rp to run; solely on medieval technology, and possibly things even simpler, if it comes down to it.

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:48 am

Just a note to everyone; it took longer than I thought to get this rp together. I will look at and approve charcters, but it's going to have to wait until tomorrow. But I will get to them. It's just that I do have school in the morning, but it shouldn't be too long before I get back to look at the characters, and approve them. Night, everyone!

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:20 pm

...Where did everyone go? It was going rather well for a while...and then it stopped...what happened?

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:23 pm

...This only get harder when the thief disappears. -_- Where did he go?

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathrisesagain on Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:03 pm

i'm just waitng for other people to post, i'm trying to have a few posts between mine, so it doens't look like i'm posting all the time.
And on the eighth day, Death said "Let the killing begin!"

deathrisesagain
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRavenandThePawn on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:48 pm

Shikakid, just an FYI Saldonis and Jessamine are right in front of Dahlia's room.
And… Here… We… Go..!

If I kill you in a forest and there isn't a law against it... is it murder?

I got 99 Souls but a Witch ain't one.

Need more players for my newest role-play World War Five If interested please join.

TheRavenandThePawn
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:30 pm

Yeah...Jessamine is outside the door to Dahlia's room...so she did notice you two walking up...so you might want to edit the post a little there...

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathrisesagain on Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:40 pm

that was a cheap shot Raven.

deathrisesagain
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRavenandThePawn on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:27 pm

It is... but its the best place to aim when you want a man to surrender... don't think there are many who would well... try and move and risk something as horrible as that.

TheRavenandThePawn
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathrisesagain on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:30 pm

my character will remember that.

deathrisesagain
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathrisesagain on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Raven what do you mean by a shadow and a shadow of a knight?

deathrisesagain
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathrisesagain on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:47 am

Raven, i like that metaphore you used. "naught but an asp, rearing itself to strike"

deathrisesagain
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:09 pm

Okay; just so eneryone knows, I'm thinking about replacing the thief. He hasn't even logged on the site since his last post, and that's a while. He was supposed to be a more important part to the plot than that. Just FYI kinda thing, is all. :P

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathrisesagain on Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:05 pm

hey yall, i hate to do this, but i've been feeling like crap for a few days and i'm going to be gone for the next couple of days, just until i get over this bug. it shouldn't be but a few days, i'll be back as soon as i'm over it.

deathrisesagain
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathrisesagain on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:34 pm

I think Raven's characters hate my character, all 1500 of his characters. They all want to kill Jacob, does he pose that much of a threat to the kingdom?

deathrisesagain
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathrisesagain on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:37 pm

Crystal, this will push it a little bit, but if ya want i can try to take over the Thief and play as him as well.

deathrisesagain
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!