Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Unknown Powers

Unknown Powers

a part of “Unknown Powers”, a fictional universe by ShadtheWerepire.

FAILED may try again eventually....

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Unknown Powers”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Unknown Powers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:21 pm

So I guess this is where I post news or talk out of character so that makes sense.......
I'm still not entirely sure how any of this is going to work considering this is my first roleplay on this site and the last time I used this work it was me and a friend who would plan out the plots before we did anything. (She should be joining this by the way....)
I would love ideas on how to start and move this along because currently I don't know how I'm going to connect the characters because the land is very spread out and generally we would focus on one village at a time so right now nature users are wanted!!!!! but other users are fine, we'll either get to your village or you will be able to appear in the story by some other means

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: [OOC] Unknown Powers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:51 pm

I WANT MORE PEOPLE TO JOIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need a Villain so if you see this post and are evil please talk to me about how you could be an awesome villain.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kitara Turner on Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:51 pm

I could play a villain. My character would be female naturally. I was wondering, could I have a mixed character of two tribes but only one specific element? Like have an earth and dark combination but have her specialize in darkness? If not then thats cool.

I am good at playing the evil one. I write a lot of stories and there is almost always a bad guy in it and I create them well. They are often exceptionally dark and twisted with a horrid childhood or perhaps they were just born evil. I am exceptionally evil myself and love gore and anything else horrific. I make good villains. I'll submit a character and then let you decide.
http://midnight-lotus.com needs you! Please, join our small community xx

Kitara Turner
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:28 pm

The tribes are usually strictly one element, there are rare exceptions like the nature village where they are extremely friendly and accepting. I would prefer if the evil character is Dark (because they would want to stir up a war) or the leader of the "City" which contains Powerless and Technology users, the people who started the war. I would like to see what you had in mind though... I'm still trying to figure out the main plot, in our last one a dark user that could infiltrate dreams played the role of the villain that killed the main character's parents and all sorts of events happened leading to an epic battle where he was killed. He still haunts dreams so we can once again use him but I'd love to see yours because I personally I think his character has been used up. XD I'm just talking on and on and getting completely into a different topic.....
:D I love gorey villains!! Please do submit your character I'll give you any suggestions once I see it.
Plus if you must have the earth+Dark character, that would be the result of an Earth and Dark parent, Daemon, our old main character was dark/flight. (and sorry if it sounds like I'm living in the past XP you'll notice my character is the same way and I tend to think like him when talking about this roleplay.)

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kitara Turner on Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:13 pm

So it would be posssible for me to play a cross element character?? thyat's great. I'll post my character now. Wow that sounds like a cool character,I like it alot. and don't worry about rambling, I do it all the time. a good rambler is the sign of a brilliant writer. :P

Kitara Turner
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:21 pm

yeah plz feel free to jump in and totally fix this stupid blast from the past scene I have created.... the action will start up once I force myself away from this stupid plot, and put together a story like in my other rp.... so you jumping in can fix that hmmmm. we shall see what I edit, but the character restrictions will be the same, and you can have the dual elements even though one is preferable. Mention dual powered people are considered abominations and are killed, usually their specialization is a combo of the two powers, like Daemon could fly between dementions, (combo of Dark and Flight)

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kitara Turner on Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:49 pm

hence why my character will be on top of the food chain. she wants to forget all about her heritage :P

Kitara Turner
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:21 pm

Okay so people who are still up for this RP, we need a plot we have:
1. a healer (Andromeda)
2. a semistrong extremely intelligent boaderline depressing guy (Pyro)
3. a scary dark user? (Allysia)
4. a Tech runaway (Wallace)

now what can we do with this? hmmm... I was thinking Pyro+Allysia+Andromeda head to the fire village and Wallace could be there doing some behind the scenes work. but I'm actually rly clueless as to what we could do.... I could scrap Pyro and make a new character that makes an actual plot (all I can think of is Avatar the Last Airbender style where everyone is looking for or trying to destroy the all powerful hero)

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alberio on Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:24 pm

Well here's what I'm thinking (an I'm just free styling here)

It is already well established that the world this RP is set in has either just begun a war or is about to enter into one. As such the characters primary goals are any of the follows;

1. Stop the war and have both sides come to an armistice. If this works then the problem becomes keeping this detente in place from opposing rebel factions.

2. Find an enemy within the war, join a cause against that enemy and serve a crushing defeat to them, unifying the survivors of the conflict

3. Have the war continue but make it develop as we desire thereby setting ourselves up as the "hero's" once we finnally decide to bring the war to an end

4. SImply try and exist in the world without fighting and be forced into conflicts which we do not choose and are forced into, or else retreat to the farthst corners of the wilderness where we may (or may not) find a metaphysical conflict occuring in a "spirit world" or "realm of the god's" that is influencing our own world.

5. Some other alternative that I am incapable of devising at this time, or any combination of the above idea's.

Personally I am thinking that we all start out in a village that is about to become the first conflict for the war (who is fighting whom is sorta left up to chance). The village though not directly involved (and populated by normal people without powers) is will become a battle ground and we must make a choice to either help one side or the other or to protect the village and make sure either everyone escapes or neither tribe wins the conflict. Regardless of the outcome, based on what we do in the village word of our deeds will spread. Though we won't neccessarily be "hunted" by any side, and we would not become the group of insanely powerful travelers, what we do will spread before our coming and depending on what we do with that reputation will allow us to influence the world for good or ill, maybe even making some sides WANT to hunt us (maybe even all of them) or obtaining a reputation as mediators for conflicts before they begin.

Questions, comments, concerns, thoughts?

(Also Shad, I have an idea for a more secretive plot that would probably best not be shared with the other players, just the GM and the persons involved. PM me if you are interested)

Alberio
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kitara Turner on Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:58 pm

well I plan to be the evil one... once i make my character. which i will do almost immediatly, is that how you spell it? I was thinking like have everyone sort of trying to keep out of it and then the dark tribe can be like always trying stir things up. and when it gets too out of hand the other characters decide to try and put a stop to it, but not winning straight away. :P do you like?

Kitara Turner
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:44 am

hmmm I think a good thing for me to do right now is to scan and put up my map of the land so that people better understand the positions of everything. I'll see if I can get it up, but idk.

We'll start this in the nature village because it's convenient, since everyone has a reason to be there. Plus the evil will be fighting against nature users which is an easy win in most cases, that way Pyro, Andromeda, and Allysia will be able to fight back but incapable of success. The nature village can be destroied by the villian and the "heros" will successfully escape, being the only survivors. they can then vow to avenge the nature village and chase after the villain, before they succeed in destroying the rest of the villages. If the villian is dark the blame will be pointed toward the dark village and soon the other villages will turn against the dark villages some will begin to plot a fight against the dark users and others will defend them thus the war is sparked. The heros will choose to investigate the causes or take down the villian.

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElizTheWerePire on Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:00 pm

Hi both new rpers =D so shad i think we should delete all the posts so far...can you do that? and maybe just start over...you(*shad) and I need to discuss how much we should bring from the past because we dont want to do anymore confusing...i mean since we are in the same world old characters are sure to come in....

If its only us then we might have to take on more than one character?? Because we cant survive on four characters alone....

and as Cyan i am deeply hurt that you say I have been used up....(plus didnt we kill cyan?)

ElizTheWerePire
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alberio on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:59 pm

I agree with Eliz. I have no idea where this roleplay came from or where it went and quite frankly I don't want to know. It's best to think of the roleplay now as a world that existed without any of the characters from the original. Sort of an alternate reality if you will.

The point is I don't think that anyone from the original should exist here (unless they are being played by someone from the original) and I don't think that any of the events that occured in the original should have occured here (at least yet).

Alberio
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElizTheWerePire on Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:05 pm

So honestly Alberio, we can't stop some of our old characters from coming in....unless we scratch the idea of our old characters, and just have Pyro and Andromeda with zero history....Though i'm not sure Shad will want to do that... and honestly i dont particularly to have Andromeda without her history, as that is what makes her her....I'll have to talk to her...

If not we can give you a short version of everything that happened, its truly not all that confusing...at least the summary isnt..

ElizTheWerePire
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alberio on Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:41 pm

Sorry if i wasn't so clear in my last post Eliz. I guess what I was really trying to say is that I think we should start the roleplay over from the beginning (When the original roleplay began) and assume that the people you guys met and interacted with either don't exist or have not been run into yet.

You guys are good with your histories so long as they end where this story begins (and nothing after that or anything that happened after character creation in the original).

So how does that sound? Is that more clear and agreeable?

Alberio
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:15 pm

Heh, I got a bit ahead of myself in starting this role play on like the first day I was on this site and didn't understand how things worked, my other roleplay is thriving compared to this one cuz I did that with ten times more experience. so I'm going to let this one die and perhaps return to the topic sometime in the future. sorry about this waste of time I'll be sure to reinvite people if they still want to try this at a later time in a different roleplay.

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!