Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Check Mate

Check Mate

a part of “Check Mate”, a fictional universe by Saviarre.

In 1856, the residents of London are terrified by a serial killer on the loose. The question isn't whether or not you can capture The Rook. The question is whether you can survive.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Check Mate”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Check Mate

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saviarre on Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:28 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Check Mate"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
(thanks for the picture, Mid! I love it!)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saviarre
Fundraising Hero
Fundraising Hero
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest

Re: [OOC] Check Mate

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:47 pm

Hey guys, we have some roles if you cant think of your own, or it is good for your character if you made one:

Vocab:
Famous Five: one of the 5 who caught "The Rook" (im one of them)

Check Mate: the name for the mark "the Rook" gives his victims

Bishop/Knight: this was a common name for someone who searched for "The Rook"

1st person to speak against the rook on trial:

a member of "The Famous Five":

The Witness:

2nd Witness:

fell free to do your own though!
POWER TO THE ROLE PLAYERS: Pet Project: Verseship

I am 33% evil, 33% insane, 33% role player, and 1% other (Note: Insane and Brilliant are the same thing!)
My test:
My Brothers Test: [CENTER]Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saviarre on Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:56 am

Did you check with the writer that plays The Rook to validate that this information would be accepted? I don't mind the idea about the Famous Five or whatever, but assigning titles to people involved in the search for The Rook should probably have been cleared through the characters it would effect first. For instance, only the writer of The Rook would know what name Henry gives to his victims (or if he gives one to them at all). If you passed this off as media speculation or hype, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it.

Also, please note that the characters needed are characters you would like to have for your particular position within this roleplay, but are not necessary for the roleplay as a whole. It is a storyline you have created within the roleplay.

Thanks!

Saviarre
Fundraising Hero
Fundraising Hero
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XavierDantius32 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:09 pm

Okay, some 'minor' clarifications about my character.

For starters, The Rook does not mark his victims. He removes the fingers and slashes their throat. The media was not prone to the scare mongering present in todays society, and they would not assign a name to the victims. This is not a cartoon where the detectives would sound big and important with names related to the killers moniker. This is not true of real life. I know the RP does have a mild chess theme, but what the detectives call themselves may be for the GM's to decide. At least PM one of us to clear it before you post.

And now to the Rook. I have no problem with you inserting myself into your characters background, but... The Rook was not caught by some 'team' of detectives. He was caught by a local bobbie who chanced upon him disposing of various knives and such into the thames. Again, I don't mind detective characters, I just resent you trying to gather 5 of them, so you can 'win' the RP. Its not about winning, its about having fun.

And on that note, ladies and gentlemen, I am done.

Laters, Xav

XavierDantius32
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CNAGamer on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:28 pm

Okay, just checking, do you have any problem with my character, supposedly being the last "Victim" of the rook, but survivng? I'm just wondering, because I can change that if you want...
~ The North Remembers ~

CNAGamer
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alexander Hamilton on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:22 pm

I'm interested in this game. Just need to sort myself out a little to see if I can join.

Alexander Hamilton
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saviarre on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:23 pm

If/When you decide, you will be welcomed :)

Saviarre
Fundraising Hero
Fundraising Hero
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XavierDantius32 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:19 am

THe_Charecter is no longer welcome in this RP. Anything posted in the IC or OOC of this page is to be ignored.

Sorry about this, Xav

XavierDantius32
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Tipworthy Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!