Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Hell in the Trenches

Hell in the Trenches

a part of “Hell in the Trenches”, a fictional universe by Irish Wolf.

A war has raged for nearly fifty years and no end is in sight. Its time for you to go to the front lines.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Hell in the Trenches”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Hell in the Trenches

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:43 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Hell in the Trenches"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Hell in the Trenches

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iceheart on Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:20 pm

Welcome to the RP guys! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask either Irish Wolf or myself. Also, if you have any questions relating specifically to firearms, equipment, military protocol etc, I would be more than happy to answer them.

Ice

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Iceheart
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:08 pm

Alright folks, the opening post has been made. Feel free to made up a reason for the platoon being late. You know, got lost, it took a while for the cattle car to get unloaded, the platoon got split up and had to reform or something. Anyways, post away!

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iceheart on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:07 pm

Just wanted to mention one thing (and obviously this doesn't apply to our sniper.) Four weeks is not enough time to make a good rifleman. That takes literally months to years. Four weeks is barely enough time to teach someone to march, operate their weapon, and not die their first day in the trenches. Even the veteran soldiers aren't great shots, because good shooting ability comes from practice, and obviously we don't get to do much practice shooting in the trenches.

Iceheart
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:50 pm

I thought I'd share this with everyone.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11698287

This footage was shot in 1919, one year after the fighting had stopped. Shows just how much devastation 4 years of trench fighting can do, let alone 50. Correct me if I'm wrong Irish, but I imagine the front our characters just arrived at would look much the same.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:25 pm

You are correct sir.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:35 pm

So......anyone other then the new guy going to move their character up to the front?

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:16 pm

You'll have to forgive for not posting in while. I was waiting for others to post, and now I've got a new patch in my game to distract me. I promise that I will post this evening though. You can feel free to court-martial me if I haven't.

Edit: I've posted. It's not my best, but I hope it is adequate.

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:43 pm

Sorry for a lack of posting lately folks. I've been/still am in a depressed state because of relationship problems.

Plus Iceheart's disappeared again.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:19 pm

I completely understand Irish. I'm in a pretty bad depression right now myself, and I know it makes it hard for me to post or do anything else for that matter. Here's hoping we'll both start feeling better soon.

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:04 pm

You what guys, I've been thinking about this game and I've decided to put it on hiatus. I can't really do a dark, depressing setting/character right now.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!