Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Long Live the King

Long Live the King

a part of “Long Live the King”, a fictional universe by VitaminHeart.

When a wicked necromancer resurrects a dead king to take over the kingdom of Magna and imprison its rightful ruler, rebellion is the only solution.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Long Live the King”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Long Live the King

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jacopo on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:01 pm

Rancon took a bead, and Farah's invisibility spell would cover all of them. I assumed the Death Bringers could sense where they were, since Skorn's soldiers also found the rebels at the inn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jacopo
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsoibe on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:13 pm

I guess that Skorn could still sense their position, though not exactly pinpoint it. I mean as a powerful necromancer, he should be able to at least sense magic.
So the Death Bringers would know they are in that cell, but now where exactly.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tsoibe
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seerow on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:45 pm

Hey guys my apologies but as I'm sure you can guess it's going to get harder for me to post as we get closer to the big day.
Anywho just thought I'd drop off that little warning. Once the 25th comes and goes I should be able to stay on top of it.

Seerow
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PsychoNezumi on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:17 am

I was wondering how far you guys would mind me going with Adela's powers, I don't want to step on any ones toes or go too powerful. I was thinking of her being able to judge an opponents next move to an extent and react to them, it looks like the rebellion could use some more power right now.

PsychoNezumi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsoibe on Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:22 am

Fine with me. I guess this won't overpower your character to much, as she still would have to react physically after she received the information. Maybe you could just add this ability in more uncontrolled, as in getting the urge to step to the side to evade a mortal blow, rather than continuous foresight in a fight.

Also, a few things I need to now about the fight before I post:
How many Death Bringers are there? What weapon do they carry, how many per weapon?
As there is most likely a corridor in front of the cell of the prince, could you describe the basic formation a bit?

I know it may sound like a bit much to ask, but I don't want to assume to much about other people's npcs.

Tsoibe
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:51 am

Tsoibe wrote:Fine with me. I guess this won't overpower your character to much, as she still would have to react physically after she received the information. Maybe you could just add this ability in more uncontrolled, as in getting the urge to step to the side to evade a mortal blow, rather than continuous foresight in a fight.

Also, a few things I need to now about the fight before I post:
How many Death Bringers are there? What weapon do they carry, how many per weapon?
As there is most likely a corridor in front of the cell of the prince, could you describe the basic formation a bit?

I know it may sound like a bit much to ask, but I don't want to assume to much about other people's npcs.

First, let me quote myself from my description of the Death bringers in a earlier post:

"Skorn's daughter is not here. We, on the other hand, are here. throw your weapons four meters away from yourself and place yourself on the ground. You are surrounded." The man with the bow said. He was aiming an arrow right at Saraf's heart and one wrong move and he would unleash it. Out from the shadows all around Saraf came nine other figures. Four of them was holding different melee weapons, two of them plus the man who had spoken wore bows and the last three was each armless but you could see the magic burning in their eyes. They were the Death Bringers; General Lanmo's most feared elite squad.

So 4 warriors, 3 Archers and 3 magic users. Let's get into details...

The four weapons the warriors each bear are the following: A large two-handed Axe, two half-long swords, a halberd and a mace with a shield.

The magic users use three elements like I said before: Fire, Ice and Earth.

And last but not least, the Archers all use bows with outstanding precision.

--

And for the description of the corridor, well think more like this:

And the cell you're in are on the upper floor. Gives someone the chance of kicking someone down ^^

Sibrand
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jacopo on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:33 am

PsychoNezumi wrote: it looks like the rebellion could use some more power right now.

Hear, hear XD

Sibrand, will you mind very much if I have Vajjhan and co. go ahead and defeat all of Skorn's soldiers? There are only 40 of them, and a hundred of us. I mean, we would incur wounds and all that, but it seems that we're starved for a victory.

Jacopo
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:40 am

Jacopo wrote:
PsychoNezumi wrote: it looks like the rebellion could use some more power right now.

Hear, hear XD

Sibrand, will you mind very much if I have Vajjhan and co. go ahead and defeat all of Skorn's soldiers? There are only 40 of them, and a hundred of us. I mean, we would incur wounds and all that, but it seems that we're starved for a victory.

Sure, yet do think about the fact that once a soldier dies they rise within seconds as a dead warrior under Skorn's fully command. So it's more like 80 against 100. :P

But do go ahead ;) I've got other plans for you before the end. xD

Sibrand
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsoibe on Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:00 am

I have a plan for the escape from the prison. It's a spell that creates semi-solid duplicates of everyone in the small group, thought rendering Thorwulf's body unconscious. The others would be able to escape, but your Death Bringers could trap Thorwulf in the end.

Of course I don't want to exclude the others from it, if any of you wish to partake in this fight. If you think I am stealing your show to much, just tell me. Thorwulf is just such a show off sometimes.

If you want, we could play out the fight in the chat (ooc) and than I can write down what exactly happens.

Tsoibe
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jacopo on Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:18 am

Personally I think Thorwulf deserves to have this show. Saraf wouldn't be any use in his condition, and Rancon knows nothing about magic, so none of my characters have a place in this fight.

Jacopo
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsoibe on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 pm

Ok, I posted. As the other characters are invisible, they could have slipped through during or after the fight. That's totally up to you.

@Sibrand: If you want to change some things, as the Death Bringers are yours, tell me.

Edit: The hits of the light weapons would feel like real ones the moment they hit. They are lethal if the hit a nerve center, as they would cause the heart to stop. Other wounds would feel painful and may render the victim unconscious by the hit, but neither of these attacks leaves a permanent wound. This is sort of Thorwulf's strongest spell, from those he could cast without killing himself.

Tsoibe
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrowboyToTheRescue on Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:58 am

Hey guys, sorry i've been away, my laptop broke.

But i'm back on my new macbook :P

Looks like i'm dead though :( Oh well, I guess Ailill will have to return later - he'll just talk through the crystal.

CrowboyToTheRescue
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:24 am

Looks good Tsoibe. They will pay for their failures. xP Also I'd like to know what you think Lanmo should do with Throwulf? We could of course discuss this over PM because I'm pretty sure Lanmo wouldn't keep Thorwulf alive for long, but that's just me though.

Oh and sorry for moving forward Crowboy but I felt like I had been waiting too long for any response.

I'll get a response up when I get the chance, rather busy right now with other projects. ^^

Sibrand
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelwolfchild on Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:31 am

Sorry for not posting recently, things have been hectic lately and I've been struggling to keep up with my roleplays. Hope what I've written is good enough to make up for it.
If we fear the dark but the light can kill us then where can we turn?

angelwolfchild
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valor on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:26 am

Same here, sorry for taking forever to make a post. Christmas and exam revision and work... Argh!
I hope I gave people enough to work with till my post again. (:

Thinking of you, wherever you are.
We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend.

Valor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ununseptium on Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:25 pm

Sorry for not posting. Holiday aftermath and all that.
Will whip up a post soon.

Ununseptium
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seerow on Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:45 am

Sorry fellas won't be able to post this weekend, just thought I'd drop a note. Too long of shifts in between goodbyes to friends returning to their various homes. Tuesday will be the absolute latest I promise.

Seerow
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsoibe on Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:41 pm

Don't you worry guys (and gals), I am still with you. I am just waiting on our villainous shade to answer a PM to me.

Tsoibe
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valor on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:59 pm

I would reply... but I don't know whether to wait for Jacopo so that I can post as both characters at the same time... :|

Valor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:09 pm

I'm terrible sorry once more, but I won't be able to make a post until tomorrow. But once I do I will Pm you, Tsoibe and then make a really big post to try and redeem myself but I'm always really busy around these holidays and a couple of days after them. School starts soon and I have a couple of projects to finish. :/

As I stated, I'll post for sure tomorrow and I'm going to try and make it a big one while answering you Tsoibe. ;)

Sibrand
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!