Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

As the Curtain Falls

As the Curtain Falls (OOC, open and accepting)

a part of “As the Curtain Falls”, a fictional universe by Ylanne.

A co-ed fraternity has a history of hazing, but this time, they have gone too far. Rumors of student pledges disappearing have been cemented with a student's body. (Literate crime/realistic/modern - NOT a school roleplay)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “As the Curtain Falls”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: As the Curtain Falls (OOC, open and accepting)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:47 pm

I will be posting later this week. Irishguy, you are free to return at any point. Anyone want to help me PM-spam everyone?
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:22 am

I'm your Huckleberry. Just let me know what I need to do.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:47 pm

I am certainly willing to help out as well, if there is something I can do.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:05 pm

Post, help me hound other people to post, and or recruit those who seem both active and interested in the sort of genre as this roleplay. :) If everyone could post before Christmas, that would be awesome. I will try to post by this weekend.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:39 am

The post I'm writing now is going to have my character show up for the "interview" only to have the student be a complete no show. From there, anyone that wants to get some interaction in is more than welcome.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starbuck on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:43 am

Ugh, sorry I'm a million years late. Any specific character you're looking for? I was thinking Fraternity member or President...
Previously known as PerfectlyBroken.

Starbuck
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:23 pm

Glad to have you, PerfectlyBroken. Any character is fine. I'm not looking for anything in particular at this time other than a well developed character.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:28 pm

Hey guys, please get to posting.

I'm sorry I've been sick the past few days, but I think I'm starting to get better now. Slept a lot last night! Will try to post soon. Today I have a lot of catching up to do.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:08 pm

If anyone is still reading this thread, my character Adelyne Theriot is a local law enforcement officer and, according to her last post, is set to do another interview with a member of the campus community. The character I'd originally chosen for this is apparently gone from the game. If anyone would like to take this opporunity and get to do some posting, please let me know and I will edit the post to be your character rather than the abandoned character.

Thank you and please let me know. If no one else is active in this game, we need to know that as well as soon as possible.

Jag
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ubah on Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:28 pm

If you're looking for players I'd definitely be up for joining. I'm a tad busy right now but I think I'll have time for this.

Ubah
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:19 pm

Ubah, please do submit a profile -- post the link here though.

I will try to post by the weekend -- been busy, got sick, and then got even more busy.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:47 pm

I suppose I should also preface this with 'if anyone is still reading' but if there have not been any volunteers, Jag, I would be happy to put the hapless roommate through a police interview.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:32 pm

Will try to post today, if not today then sometime next week. I'll be out of state over the weekend.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:22 pm

I'm going to edit the name into the old post and make a new one as well so that we can get some posts in the thread. Kurokiku, thanks for volunteering!

Jag
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:55 pm

Hey, no worries. I'll hold off on posting until your new one goes up then.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barney_fife on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:07 pm

If this is still open hold the door for mr fife
Nip it in the bud.

barney_fife
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Maiden Voyager Group Theory Property Buyer Person of Interest Cult Leader Hordemaster Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Beta Tester Storyteller Greeter Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:32 pm

Ylanne has stated on numerous occassions that she's always looking for new players. Feel free to submit a character sheet.

Jag
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barney_fife on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:47 pm

Ok well it will have to wait as I am posting from my iPhone.

barney_fife
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Maiden Voyager Group Theory Property Buyer Person of Interest Cult Leader Hordemaster Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Beta Tester Storyteller Greeter Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:37 pm

Post the link here when you submit the character; otherwise I'll never notice. Will post by the end of the week. It sounds terrible, but tonight I was drowned in work that must be done by tomorrow and tomorrow I will be out all day. Wednesday should be free, so I will resume work -- I started writing, of course, already -- on my post then.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:51 pm

For those of you who know I've been sort of on semi-hiatus for the past few months, I was fully planning on being back to full availability by February 12. Schedule wise, this is still perfectly plausible, as my schedule becomes hugely more available and free right after that date.

Of course, Murphy's Law being what it is, I had a complete emergency today.

I'm currently borrowing yet someone else's laptop to type this email because the laptop I've been using completely died.

In August 2010, my own laptop a Dell Inspiron 1501 with Windows XP, died. Several of you wrote to me when I had a conniption over this and I followed your suggestions. I tried practically everything before many of you told me I needed to reinstall the operating system which I was too lazy to do until last Sunday. It didn't really work and I don't know what I did wrong. After I deleted all the partitions and created a new one with maximum space in MB, I went to install Windows XP in NTFS format on the new partition but it restarted and went right back to the setup screen to either reinstall windows, repair install, or exit. It won't let me exit because it says I haven't completely reinstalled Windows. So I don't know what to do about that.

So since August, I've been using someone else's laptop, an eePC also with Windows XP. It bluescreened on me this morning with error

Stop: 0x00000024 (0x001902FE, 0XA8397B74, 0XA8397870, 0XF72FD8D6)
Stop: Ntfs.sys - Address F72FD8D6 base at F72EC000, Datestamp 48025be5

I ran out the door because I had to go somewhere. When I came home around an hour ago, I turned the computer back on. It wouldn't boot properly. It flashed between a black screen, the same blue screen error, and the gray startup screen that normally appears at the start of startup. I could hit F2 and enter setup but that's all I could do. I couldn't enter the BIOS. It wouldn't boot further and allow me to enter safe mode or safe mode with diagnostics or anything. There's no place to insert a CD to boot from disk.

I'm currently borrowing (yet) someone's laptop for a very short amount of time to get this message out. I don't know how much access I will have to the net and RPG until I can either get one or both of the other laptops fixed or replaced. I will log on as much as possible from work, but... well... it's work. I will try to post in all my roleplays this week from work -- profuse, profuse apologies to everyone in any of my roleplays or in a roleplay where I need to post. I will try my absolute darndest to fix or replace the dead laptops.

Again, I am beyond sorry. Real life killed me for the past few months with schedule, and now this. If I can, I will maintain regular posting starting this week from work at least for roleplay. I am sorry!!! (And help if anyone can; I know some folks around here know a lot more about computers than I do.)

I WILL POST MY POST (I started to write it two weeks ago by hand) THIS WEEK
AGAIN I APOLOGIZE FOR THE RIDICULOUS DELAY

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!