Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Rule and Decree

Rule and Decree

a part of “Rule and Decree”, a fictional universe by Incognito.

Rule as a Lord or Lady during 1097. Build your estate and decree over your subjects. Rise to the challenge or fall beneath the weight.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Rule and Decree”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Rule and Decree

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Incognito on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:53 pm

"Rule and Decree"

It’s 1097, two years after Pope Urban II called upon the Christian faith to join a war against the Turks. The Siege of Antioch has begun and isn’t predicted to end anytime soon. Despite this, members of the Church are confident of victory. The Crusade has progressed slowly but surely and Jerusalem, the holy city, is predicted to fall in the next few years.
Due to the Crusade, new wealth has flooded into the European nations. New lands have fostered great material wealth and agriculture has exploded in an effort to feed the warring armies. New families have been founded; castles abandoned by their previous Lords, who have died in the Crusade or just never returned, have been “acquisitioned” by nobles newly risen to power as well as questing knights returning from war.
It is a time of great change, where the middle-classes and noble-classes have blended together and anyone, at any moment, can rise to the top.
You are one such newly established noble. Whether you are a knight, a caretaker, a rival noble, or even a simple merchant, risen to new heights by the trade brought in from the middle east, you have recently acquired a new castle from a Lord who has been forgotten with time. Your subjects are unruly, the peasantry lacking direction since their Lord has been away. Military strength is at an all-time low, as most of the armies have been called away to the Crusades. The nobles who inhabit your recently acquired land plot your demise and seek to supplant you. Will you rule through military might, creating an order of ruthless knights who follow your every command without question? Will you choose a diplomatic path, negotiation your way into the political fray to acquire newfound riches? Or will you make your own path, something no one has ever seen before?
As you sit in your newly acquired throne, you know it will not be easy. Whatever your choices, you must act quickly for there are whispers of something dark brewing in the east, that the sins of man have opened the gates of hell. Despite what you may or may not think of these tales of fancy, only a fool chooses to ignore a possible threat completely.

"Rule and Decree"
Last edited by Incognito on Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Incognito
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Rule and Decree

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady_Vengeance on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:27 pm

I'd love to be a part of this roleplay! Only if I could be a daughter or a wife of a scadelous Lord. xP

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lady_Vengeance
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jossar on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:34 pm

This looks interesting... In the short time i've looked at it, i've already thought of a character concept!
But i'll wait until a proper character goes up so that I know what you want from a character sheet, Incognito.

Jossar
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady_Vengeance on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:42 pm

Well Jossar, the GM does have a character sheet up.

Lady_Vengeance
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jossar on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:47 pm

Yes, but it's one deliberately left nondescript so as to represent the faceless masses/NPCs. I don't think he/she wants us writing our PCs like that...

Jossar
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady_Vengeance on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:48 pm

There is the character sheet in the information tab. xP

Lady_Vengeance
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Incognito on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:59 pm

Vengeance is indeed correct. The character sheet on the information tab is what I want everyone to use, no matter what position you're playing. The only difference between the Lord/Lady character and the other characters is the Stats Sheet that goes along with it. The stats sheet will give me a feel for you're Lord/Lady's personality and the sort of problems they'll be faced with as well as how the public will perceive their decrees and actions.

Incognito
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Incognito on Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:36 am

Bump!

Note: We have two Lords, both adequately developed. It would be nice if someone could roll a Lady! Just to mix things up.

Incognito
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!