Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Fairytale Resistance

The Fairytale Resistance

a part of “The Fairytale Resistance”, a fictional universe by VitaminHeart.

The land of fairy stories is not as happy and magical as you would think. Oppressed for years by a tyrannical Queen, fairytale characters rise up to try and reclaim their happy endings...but a wolf is on the prowl...a bad one.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Fairytale Resistance”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Fairytale Resistance

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:32 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Fairytale Resistance"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Fairytale Resistance

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:33 am

To the one who decides to play Hansel - I am the RPer of Gretel ^^ I shall leave the decision of whether they are siblings or not to you... (If there's a problem with ages and history regarding the pair, I can change Gretel's possibly... since well, they kind of go together...)

I hope all the roles fill up quickly! There's so many possibilities with this setting...
~Cienpher~ GM of "That's Not an Omelette"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cienpher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jacopo on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:05 pm

Can I reserve Jack? Working an a CS now

Edit: Nvm; i probably can't keep up. Sorry >.<"

Jacopo
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:13 pm

Hm...I would have wanted Jack or Beast, but I also wanted to suggest two characters: Puss in Boots and the Girl with no Hands. I wouldn't have minded Rping her (the girl with no hands).
ImageI am an American Soldier.

The Maker of Epic Role Plays
The Chef Ramsay of RP

Role Play Consultant -If you need help with anything role play-related or concerning your writing ability, drop me a line.

Sonata
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:36 pm

Sorry to hear that Jacopo.

All those would be open Sonata, I don't think Beast or Jack has been taken yet. I was reading The Girl with No Hands earlier in fact as a suggestion for someone. Puss in Boots I couldn't tihnk of a role for.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:39 pm

Puss in Boots is smart. He should have been the operations planner or something along those lines. o_o But hm...if you allow Puss in Boots, I'd want him. If not, then I guess I'll choose The Beast.

Sonata
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:42 pm

Oh yes, Puss would certainly be allowed. if you want him, by all means go for it.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:19 pm

I'm going to be posting up his rough draft. I'll be formatting and adding some pics to complete the profile. :p Hope you like him.

Sonata
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ceoltior on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:47 pm

I would like to reserve a spot somewhere here while I figure out just WHAT fairyland character I would like to play. Is this restricted to nursery-rhyme and fairytale story characters? Or could we pull in characters from places like the wizard of OZ or other classic stories turned dark?

I frequent deviantart often and so I have MANY interpretations of the old classic characters. We also seem to have a shortage of antagonists so I would be happy to rp more than one character if that is permitted.
0=={==============>

Ceoltior
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby X-Fly-X on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:58 pm

can I reserve the dragon please?
:)

X-Fly-X
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:12 am

Blah, whatever. I hope she doesn't allow Wizard of Oz or Alice in Wonderland. I've ran a dark fairytale RP on another site, and when I did that. HUGE mistake. It was too chaotic and ridiculous. But whatever.

Sonata
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:06 am

Since this is the land of Tale, I'm assuming we're sticking to the classic Fairy Tales of Brothers Grimm...

I think there are more than enough characters in there anyway xD not to mention the unlimited number of talking trees, animals, and trolls available

Cienpher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LunaTwilight on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:49 am

But there are more Fairy Tale authors other than Grimm. Such as Hans Christian Andersen. Some of the most famous fairy tales do not even have an author to acknowledge since they are so old; they simply are recorded as anonymous or reduced to country. The majority of Fairy Tale books you pick up are not reduced to one author unless it's specialized, they are made up of every walk of life; it's what's make them so magical. Honestly, to me it seems to take away more when it's reduced to one set story style, and allowing people to enjoy their favorite stories is alot more fun.

LunaTwilight
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:27 am

Yes, I know of Hans Christian Andersen and that the fairy tales have no real definite origin, but I personally feel that the current setting given and the character roles provided don't seem to merge well with other fairy tales. In the end, it's all the GM's choice really, but I feel that with the evil queen and the wolf as the main antagonists and the current Grimm cast, that including the the Wizard of Oz or Alice in Wonderland, wouldn't feel right...

I'll be dedicated to this RP either way, and like I said, it's really the GM's decision, but that's my opinion on the situation ^^"

Personally, I like the current scenario and cast as it is.
Last edited by Cienpher on Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cienpher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:38 am

Trust me, I've gone down the path of trying to merge it all. It's horrible. Very, very, horrible. I am very happy with it being where it is. If you want to Rp Alice in Wonderland, then go make an Alice in Wonderland Rp. If you want to do Oz, then do an Oz RP. Merging it all together into one DC/Marvel showdown is a disaster. It just makes the story even bigger than what it really is. This storyline is designed specifically for the cast given and Brother Grimm fairytale selection.

The GM does say on the front page that she'll allow other fairy tale characters, so I think some of your Hans Christian Andersen and the other "fairy tale" stories (Wonderland and Oz are NOT traditional fairytale) will be allowed as long as you PM her and ask.

Sonata
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:34 am

Hi Folks. As it happens we already have a Christian Andersen character in the form of crazy Karen from 'The Red Shoes'.

I'm more or less widening it to include anything considered in the 'classic fairy stories' bracket, as long as the writer can fit them into the world. I decided agaisnt putting Wonderland or Oz stuff in, as the world they're set in is rather considerably different, while the classic stories can, more or less be unified into one.

Like for example the Queen of Wonderland and the Queen of Tale are quite different in how they run things, and the Witch in Tale is rather more cannibalistic and prone to building houses out of confectionry.

I just think it'd be hard to get them to gel well. I might do a twisted Oz RP at some point though...evil Tin Man needs and airing.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amaranta on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:25 pm

Dibs on Wicked Queen and Rose Red. :)

Amaranta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lil kawaii on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:56 pm

I need to recreate cinderella later tonight I know for a fact she will be in by tonight or tomorrow afternoon just as soon as my brother gets off the computer because this laptop does not work it messes up everything =.= so she will be up soon! I hope thats okay

lil kawaii
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:34 pm

That's fine, Cinderella is still reserved for you.

Also, regaridngh the dragon role, I received the reservation form Cortezhorse by PM last night after I went to bed, and I compared them, and I think that came in first, so therefore I'm gonna put Gambrill as the dragon. It's tough having two applications for the same role. D:

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amaranta on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:23 pm

Went with the girl from Rumpelstiltiskin instead of Rose Red. Hope that's okay. :)

Amaranta
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!